|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11, 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Veronika decide to not leave the asylum alive?
(a) Because she is bored and wants to be dramatic.
(b) Because she already knows the outcome of her life.
(c) Because she is angry at her parents.
(d) Because she is unsure of the future.
2. What happens to Zedka in Chapter 8?
(a) She is gassed.
(b) She is put through shock treatment.
(c) She is induced into an insulin coma.
(d) She is fed special food.
3. What was the name of Paulo's doctor when he was at the mental hospital?
(a) Dr. Eiras Sanatorium.
(b) Dr. Eras Maximus.
(c) Dr. Logan Brooks.
(d) Dr. Vincent Baxter.
4. Which name did Paulo Coelho consider switching Veronika's name with?
5. Which perspective does the novel change to at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(d) Alternating person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Zedka love her children?
2. How is Zedka woken up from her treatment?
3. How long has Veronika been living on her own?
4. Which city was Paulo's mental hospital in?
5. Which character is the focus in Chapter 9?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)