|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11, 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who placed a potion in the well in Zedka's story?
(a) A wizard.
(b) A madman.
(c) A girl.
(d) A witch.
2. What was Paulo's second promise to himself?
(a) To never tells his parents how he felt about them.
(b) To never talk about his time in the mental hospital while his parents live.
(c) To never get married and never have children.
(d) To never turn back once he flees the country.
3. Why does the King in the story drink from the well?
(a) To set an example for others.
(b) To quench his thirst.
(c) To prove his subjects wrong.
(d) To become mad like everyone else.
4. How long does Veronika have to live?
(a) About three days.
(b) About a month.
(c) About a year.
(d) About a week.
5. Why does Paulo feel he can relate to Veronika?
(a) Because sometimes he wishes he could die too.
(b) Because people often do not understand him either.
(c) Because often people mistake the capital of his country.
(d) Because he was once young and foolish too.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches over Veronika as she sleeps?
2. How old is Veronika?
3. Who are The Fraternity?
4. Which of the following does Veronika not believe in?
5. Which name did Paulo Coelho consider switching Veronika's name with?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)