|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21, 22, 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paulo feel he can relate to Veronika?
(a) Because often people mistake the capital of his country.
(b) Because sometimes he wishes he could die too.
(c) Because he was once young and foolish too.
(d) Because people often do not understand him either.
2. What type of travel does Zedka experience in Chapter 9?
3. What bad thing happens to Veronika in Chapter 13?
(a) She is poisoned.
(b) She faints.
(c) She has a heart attack.
(d) She chokes on food.
4. Why is Veronika surprised when she wakes up in Chapter 14?
(a) She is in boy's clothes.
(b) She is tied down.
(c) She is in a gown.
(d) She is naked.
5. What was Paulo's second promise to himself?
(a) To never turn back once he flees the country.
(b) To never tells his parents how he felt about them.
(c) To never talk about his time in the mental hospital while his parents live.
(d) To never get married and never have children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Zedka's husband ever find out about her secret love?
2. Which country does Veronika live in?
3. Why did Mari choose to admit herself to Villete even though she didn't need to?
4. Which instrument does Veronika long to play?
5. Which name did Paulo Coelho consider switching Veronika's name with?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)