|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who submitted Paulo into the mental hospital when he was young?
(a) His parents.
(b) His sister.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His babysitter.
2. How does Paulo feel about Veronika's suicide note?
(a) He is neutral toward it.
(b) He is jealous of her writing.
(c) He finds it amusing.
(d) He dislikes it.
3. Who is Paulo Coelho?
(a) A famous painter.
(b) A famous writer.
(c) A famous surgeon.
(d) A famous human rights activist.
4. Why does Paulo feel he can relate to Veronika?
(a) Because sometimes he wishes he could die too.
(b) Because people often do not understand him either.
(c) Because often people mistake the capital of his country.
(d) Because he was once young and foolish too.
5. Why does Veronika write a letter?
(a) She is angry with what she reads as she waits for the pills to take effect.
(b) She wants to let everyone known how great she is.
(c) She wants to make her parents feel bad about her deal.
(d) She is bored and needs something to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Zedka know of Veronika's fate?
2. Who placed a potion in the well in Zedka's story?
3. What happened to Zedka's love?
4. Why does the nurse inject Veronika with a sedative?
5. Which country does Veronika live in?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)