|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Veronika feel right before she falls unconscious?
2. What is wrong with Paulo's father?
(a) He has ulcers.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He has emphysema.
(d) He has diabetes.
3. Why does Paulo feel he can relate to Veronika?
(a) Because often people mistake the capital of his country.
(b) Because people often do not understand him either.
(c) Because he was once young and foolish too.
(d) Because sometimes he wishes he could die too.
4. Which perspective does the novel change to at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Alternating person.
5. Why does the King in the story drink from the well?
(a) To quench his thirst.
(b) To become mad like everyone else.
(c) To prove his subjects wrong.
(d) To set an example for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zedka believe is beyond the walls of Villete?
2. What color eyes does the nurse have?
3. Who is Paulo Coelho?
4. Why does the nurse inject Veronika with a sedative?
5. How does Veronika react when she sees Zedka's treatment?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)