|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the King in the story drink from the well?
(a) To prove his subjects wrong.
(b) To set an example for others.
(c) To become mad like everyone else.
(d) To quench his thirst.
2. Who thought Solvenia was a town in Germany?
(a) The butler.
(b) The receptionist.
(c) The cook.
(d) The doctor.
3. What was Mari's former profession?
(c) Stock Broker.
4. Why is Veronika unable to remember much?
(a) Hit her head.
(b) Tranquilizers dull memory.
(c) Veronika does not sustain any memory loss.
(d) Brain damage from the sleeping pills.
5. What bad thing happens to Veronika in Chapter 13?
(a) She faints.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She is poisoned.
(d) She chokes on food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mari pity Veronika?
2. Which character is the focus in Chapter 9?
3. Why could Zedka never be with her love?
4. How many times was Paulo submitted to a mental hospital?
5. How does Veronika react to the news of her inevitable death?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)