|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Paulo's mother die?
2. What was Paulo's second promise to himself?
(a) To never tells his parents how he felt about them.
(b) To never talk about his time in the mental hospital while his parents live.
(c) To never turn back once he flees the country.
(d) To never get married and never have children.
3. What is wrong with Paulo's father?
(a) He has diabetes.
(b) He has emphysema.
(c) He has ulcers.
(d) He has cancer.
4. According to Dr. Igor, making love in inappropriate places breeds what?
5. Why is Veronika unable to remember much?
(a) Veronika does not sustain any memory loss.
(b) Tranquilizers dull memory.
(c) Brain damage from the sleeping pills.
(d) Hit her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which name did Paulo Coelho consider switching Veronika's name with?
2. What was the name of Paulo's doctor when he was at the mental hospital?
3. Which perspective does the novel change to at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. Why did Mari lie to Dr. Igor about her condition so she would have to stay in Villete indefinitely?
5. Which city was Paulo's mental hospital in?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)