Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapters 1 and 2 Abstract
* Veronika, the protagonist, takes a large dose of sleeping pills.
* Veronika contemplates her reasons for wanting to die.
* To pass the time before her death, Veronika reads an article on a computer game.
Chapter 3 Abstract
* Veronika writes an angry letter to the magazine in which she read the article.
* Veronika realizes the letter...
This section contains 1,476 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)