|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vernon travel to school?
2. What does Vernon eat for his last dinner?
3. What is the only item inside Jesus's sports bag?
4. What kind of underwear was Jesus wearing the day he killed his school friends?
5. How is Leona realted to Taylor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lasalle say about God in Chapter 24?
2. What does Vernon do in the San Antonio bus station?
3. How does Taylor force Vernon to confess?
4. How has the prison psychologist helped Vernon?
5. How does Taylor let Vernon down in the Chapter 20?
6. What does Vernon tell Taylor on the phone?
7. Summarize Chapter 24.
8. What does Vernon find when he arrives back at school moments after the shooting?
9. What is Vernon's view of what happened on May 20?
10. How does Vernon react to his sentence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
What problems does Vernon's generation face? How are the problems for Vernon's generation different to the problems his father's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 3
How does Vernon's mother cope with being a single parent? How has Vernon's upbringing affected him?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)