|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following body parts does Silas Benn have missing?
2. Who holds the elevator door open for Vernon?
3. What is the color of Taylor's eyes?
4. Who does Vernon state he feels slimier than?
5. What is Lally's mother's disability?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does A=DT2 mean?
2. What is Vernon's view of what happened on May 20?
3. How has the prison psychologist helped Vernon?
4. Why does Vernon think the village looks like something out of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC?
5. What does Vernon find when he arrives back at school moments after the shooting?
6. What telephone calls does Vernon make on the day of his execution?
7. How does Taylor let Vernon down in the Chapter 20?
8. How has Taylor's life changed since Vernon's trial?
9. What does Lasalle say about God in Chapter 24?
10. Describe the execution.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against the death penalty? What are Pierre's opinions on the death penalty and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Pierre?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote VERNON GOD LITTLE in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)