|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon's mother put in her hair before going to visit someone?
2. Who is the only American hitchiker Pelayo says he knows?
3. What kind of person does Vaine need for his SWAT team?
4. What was the profession of Taylor's ex-boyfriend?
5. What does Vernon have to sit in in the courtroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vernon think the coastline looks like?
2. What does Vernon do in the San Antonio bus station?
3. How does Vernon react to his sentence?
4. Why does Vernon dislike his journey through Mexico?
5. Summarize Chapter 24.
6. What telephone calls does Vernon make on the day of his execution?
7. What does Vernon find when he arrives back at school moments after the shooting?
8. Describe the execution.
9. How has the prison psychologist helped Vernon?
10. What does Vernon's lawyer say in Vernon's defense?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Pierre develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 3
How does Vernon's mother cope with being a single parent? How has Vernon's upbringing affected him?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)