|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is Vernon suspected of killing?
2. What kind of music does Vernon think would drive him to suicide?
3. What kind of person does Dr. Oliver Goosens label Vernon?
4. Who does Nuckles accuse of the shooting?
5. What does Vernon have to sit in in the courtroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Taylor force Vernon to confess?
2. Describe the execution.
3. How does Lally want to change public executions?
4. What does Lally say on the witness stand?
5. Why does Vernon think the village looks like something out of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC?
6. What does Lasalle say about God in Chapter 24?
7. How does Vernon react to his sentence?
8. What does Vernon find when he arrives back at school moments after the shooting?
9. What does Vernon tell Taylor on the phone?
10. What does A=DT2 mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote VERNON GOD LITTLE in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
Essay Topic 3
Why are a person's teenage years supposed to be so difficult? How much was Jesus' reaction to the bullying because of his sensitive age? In what way does Vernon's young age become a joke in the novel?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)