|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Oliver Goosens speciality?
2. How does Vernon travel to school?
3. Where does Vernon sleep in his first night in Mexico?
4. What interests Vernon about Taylor when he meets her in Houston?
5. Which of the following names does Vernon use in Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vernon's view of what happened on May 20?
2. What does Vernon tell Taylor on the phone?
3. Describe the execution.
4. What does Nuckles say in court?
5. What does Lally say on the witness stand?
6. How does Taylor let Vernon down in the Chapter 20?
7. What does Vernon receive on his execution day?
8. What does Vernon think about as he dozes?
9. How does Vernon react to his sentence?
10. What does A=DT2 mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major events had a profound effect on Vernon's life and how did they change him? What does Vernon still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
What does Vernon's lawyer say in his defense? What case does the prosecution have against Vernon? In what way does the court case satirize American culture?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)