|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Abdini given Vernon?
2. Who visits Vernon in prison?
3. What is the name of Vernon's friend from Mexico who transports him from the north to the south of Mexico?
4. What interests Vernon about Taylor when he meets her in Houston?
5. What is Vernon's sentence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vernon receive on his execution day?
2. What does Vernon tell Taylor on the phone?
3. How does Lally want to change public executions?
4. Describe Vernon's phone call with Taylor?
5. What does Vernon do in the San Antonio bus station?
6. Summarize Chapter 24.
7. What does A=DT2 mean?
8. How has Taylor's life changed since Vernon's trial?
9. What is Vernon's view of what happened on May 20?
10. What telephone calls does Vernon make on the day of his execution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author wrote VERNON GOD LITTLE in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
Essay Topic 2
What does Vernon's lawyer say in his defense? What case does the prosecution have against Vernon? In what way does the court case satirize American culture?
Essay Topic 3
How accurate is Pierre's representation of the prison setting? What does the prison setting add to the story? How could Vernon make the best of his time in prison?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)