|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon speak to the priest about?
2. Which of the following musical instruments does Vernon want to sell?
3. What is the only item inside Jesus's sports bag?
4. What is the name of Vernon's new attorney?
5. What does Taylor say was her relationship with Vernon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vernon tell Taylor on the phone?
2. How has Taylor's life changed since Vernon's trial?
3. What does A=DT2 mean?
4. Why does International Bridge look like a Spielberg set?
5. What does Vernon's lawyer say in Vernon's defense?
6. How does Taylor force Vernon to confess?
7. What does Nuckles say in court?
8. How has the prison psychologist helped Vernon?
9. Why does Vernon think the village looks like something out of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC?
10. Summarize Chapter 24.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Vernon's life:
1. His mother.
Essay Topic 2
Why are a person's teenage years supposed to be so difficult? How much was Jesus' reaction to the bullying because of his sensitive age? In what way does Vernon's young age become a joke in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)