|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taylor Figueroa wear to the law suit?
2. Which of the following musical instruments does Vernon want to sell?
3. What kind of music does Vernon think would drive him to suicide?
4. What brand of cigarettes does Vernon smoke for the last night?
5. What does Goosen tell the court are common bedfellows?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Taylor's life changed since Vernon's trial?
2. What does Lasalle say about God in Chapter 24?
3. How does Taylor let Vernon down in the Chapter 20?
4. What does Lally say on the witness stand?
5. What does A=DT2 mean?
6. How does Vernon react to his sentence?
7. What does Vernon do in the San Antonio bus station?
8. Summarize Chapter 24.
9. What does Vernon's lawyer say in Vernon's defense?
10. Why does Vernon dislike his journey through Mexico?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Pierre represent the media? How accurate is Pierre's representation of the media?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Vernon's life:
1. His mother.
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)