|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of trial does Vernon's lawyer say is the cutting edge of the justice system?
2. What is Vernon's opinion of his dead friend Jesus?
3. Which of the following does Taylor Figueroa want to buy Vernon in Houston?
4. Which of the following hotel does Vernon want to find in Acapulco?
5. What has Abdini given Vernon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vernon receive on his execution day?
2. What does A=DT2 mean?
3. What does Lally say on the witness stand?
4. Summarize Chapter 24.
5. How does Taylor let Vernon down in the Chapter 20?
6. What does Nuckles say in court?
7. How does Lally want to change public executions?
8. Describe Vernon's phone call with Taylor?
9. What is Vernon's view of what happened on May 20?
10. What telephone calls does Vernon make on the day of his execution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are a person's teenage years supposed to be so difficult? How much was Jesus' reaction to the bullying because of his sensitive age? In what way does Vernon's young age become a joke in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Pierre develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)