|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Vernon in prison?
2. Who does Vernon state he feels slimier than?
3. Which city does Newsweek say has the fastest economic growth in the world?
4. Which of the following does Vernon have a problem with?
5. Which of the following body parts does Silas Benn have missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vernon's view of what happened on May 20?
2. What does Vernon tell Taylor on the phone?
3. What does Lally say on the witness stand?
4. Describe the execution.
5. What does Nuckles say in court?
6. What does Vernon do in the San Antonio bus station?
7. What does Vernon receive on his execution day?
8. What does Vernon think about as he dozes?
9. What does Vernon find when he arrives back at school moments after the shooting?
10. What does Vernon's lawyer say in Vernon's defense?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Vernon's lawyer say in his defense? What case does the prosecution have against Vernon? In what way does the court case satirize American culture?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote VERNON GOD LITTLE in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
Essay Topic 3
Why are a person's teenage years supposed to be so difficult? How much was Jesus' reaction to the bullying because of his sensitive age? In what way does Vernon's young age become a joke in the novel?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)