|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Leona realted to Taylor?
2. Which of the following characters is Vernon suspected of killing?
3. What does Taylor call Vernon before she hangs up on him?
4. Who is the first person Vernon call on his last night?
5. What is Vernon's sentence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Taylor force Vernon to confess?
2. What telephone calls does Vernon make on the day of his execution?
3. Why does Vernon think the village looks like something out of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC?
4. What does Vernon think about as he dozes?
5. Describe Vernon's phone call with Taylor?
6. Why does Vernon dislike his journey through Mexico?
7. What does Vernon receive on his execution day?
8. What does A=DT2 mean?
9. What does Vernon tell Taylor on the phone?
10. What does Vernon do in the San Antonio bus station?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major events had a profound effect on Vernon's life and how did they change him? What does Vernon still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)