|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the students use in their physics class?
2. What does Vernon sell to the pawnbroker?
3. What does Vernon's mother put in her hair before going to visit someone?
4. What is Lally's full name?
5. What is Vernon's sentence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vernon's mom tell him on the phone in Chapter 25?
2. Describe the execution.
3. What does Vernon's lawyer say in Vernon's defense?
4. How does Vernon react to his sentence?
5. What does Lally say on the witness stand?
6. What does Vernon receive on his execution day?
7. What does Vernon find when he arrives back at school moments after the shooting?
8. Why does Vernon dislike his journey through Mexico?
9. How does Lally want to change public executions?
10. How has the prison psychologist helped Vernon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Pierre represent the media? How accurate is Pierre's representation of the media?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Why are a person's teenage years supposed to be so difficult? How much was Jesus' reaction to the bullying because of his sensitive age? In what way does Vernon's young age become a joke in the novel?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)