|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon eat for his last dinner?
2. Who visits Vernon in prison?
3. In which of the following towns does Lally have his business?
4. What does Vernon have to sit in in the courtroom?
5. Which of the following names does Vernon use in Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nuckles say in court?
2. What does Lally say on the witness stand?
3. Describe the execution.
4. What does Lasalle say about God in Chapter 24?
5. How does Lally want to change public executions?
6. What does A=DT2 mean?
7. What is Vernon's view of what happened on May 20?
8. What does Vernon think the coastline looks like?
9. What does Vernon do in the San Antonio bus station?
10. How has the prison psychologist helped Vernon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems does Vernon's generation face? How are the problems for Vernon's generation different to the problems his father's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 2
How does Vernon's mother cope with being a single parent? How has Vernon's upbringing affected him?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the construction of Pierre's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Pierre's argument?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)