|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Vernon the chain with the cross?
2. What does Pam eat while she sits on the sofa?
3. What shape does Vernon outline with his foot while sitting with Dr. Goosens?
4. What did Vernon's mother tell Vernon to be aware of?
5. Where is Vernon when Jesus begins shooting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does no boy in town love Ella?
2. What lesson does Vernon say he has learned?
3. What reason does Vaine give for Vernon's arrest?
4. Why does Vernon make faces before appearing on TV?
5. Why does Vernon not want to invite Vaine into his home?
6. What does Vernon imagine about the TV movie of his life?
7. Why does Vernon think he is doomed in Act 1, Chapter 6?
8. What does Lally's show state about Vernon's life?
9. How does Vernon get $160 off Deutschman?
10. How does Goosens probe Vernon in Act 2, chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
What major events had a profound effect on Vernon's life and how did they change him? What does Vernon still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
How accurate is Pierre's representation of the prison setting? What does the prison setting add to the story? How could Vernon make the best of his time in prison?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)