|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following senses does Vernon describe when talking about his girl?
2. Who does Taylor arrive in Mexico with?
3. Who gives Vernon the chain with the cross?
4. What is Gobbon's job?
5. Which of the following items of furniture are in the interview room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Judge release Vernon?
2. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
3. How does Vernon's Mom betray the fact she does not believe in her son's innocence?
4. Describe Ella.
5. Why does Vernon's mother say she is crying?
6. How does Goosens probe Vernon in Act 2, chapter 7?
7. How did Vernon once help Taylor at a party?
8. How does Vernon plan to help Silas Benn?
9. How does Vernon change fate in Chapter 9?
10. Why is Vernon depressed after only one night back at home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
How does Pierre represent the media? How accurate is Pierre's representation of the media?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)