Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items of furniture are in the interview room?
2. Who does Vernon leave the police station with?
3. What is the brand of Vernon's jeans?
4. Which of the following is the name of the girl Vernon loves?
5. In which city is the university Taylor visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the execution.
2. Describe Ella.
3. What does Vernon think about as he dozes?
4. How did Vernon once help Taylor at a party?
5. Describe Vernon's phone call with Taylor?
6. What does Vernon have to do at the New Life Center?
7. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
8. What does Vernon recall about the morning of the murders as he rode to school with Jesus?
9. How has the prison psychologist helped Vernon?
10. Why does Vernon think the village looks like something out of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC?
Examine the construction of Pierre's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Pierre's argument?
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)