|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brand of shoes is Vernon Little wearing in the opening scene?
2. Where does Vernon put Taylor's LSD-micros?
3. What does Vernon's psychiatrist want him to do?
4. What does Vernon Little wear in the opening scene?
5. What is the color of the ambulance's floor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Deutschman have to get his haircut at the meatworks factory?
2. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
3. Describe Ella.
4. Why does the Judge release Vernon?
5. Why does Vernon make faces before appearing on TV?
6. What does Vernon remind himself when he realizes he is in a tough situation?
7. Why is Vernon depressed after only one night back at home?
8. What does Lally's show state about Vernon's life?
9. What do the police find out about Vernon's sexuality?
10. How does Vernon get $160 off Deutschman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Pierre's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Pierre's argument?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote VERNON GOD LITTLE in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)