Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items of furniture are in the interview room?
2. Who does Vernon leave the police station with?
3. What is the brand of Vernon's jeans?
4. Which of the following is the name of the girl Vernon loves?
5. In which city is the university Taylor visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the execution.
2. Describe Ella.
3. What does Vernon think about as he dozes?
4. How did Vernon once help Taylor at a party?
5. Describe Vernon's phone call with Taylor?
6. What does Vernon have to do at the New Life Center?
7. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
8. What does Vernon recall about the morning of the murders as he rode to school with Jesus?
9. How has the prison psychologist helped Vernon?
10. Why does Vernon think the village looks like something out of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC?
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Vernon's life:
1. His mother.
Essay Topic 2
What problems does Vernon's generation face? How are the problems for Vernon's generation different to the problems his father's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)