|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hand touches Vernon's face like a god?
2. Who does Vernon talk to about his mother's crisis?
3. What is the brand of Vernon's jeans?
4. What does Vernon eat in the police station?
5. How do Vernon's neighbors describe him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lally's show state about Vernon's life?
2. What lesson does Vernon say he has learned?
3. How does Vernon change fate in Chapter 9?
4. How has the prison psychologist helped Vernon?
5. What does Vernon's lawyer say in Vernon's defense?
6. What does Vernon think the coastline looks like?
7. Why does no boy in town love Ella?
8. What does Vernon receive on his execution day?
9. What does Nuckles say in court?
10. What reason does Vaine give for Vernon's arrest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author wrote VERNON GOD LITTLE in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Vernon's life:
1. His mother.
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)