|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which of the following days does the novel begin?
2. Which of the following items of furniture are in the interview room?
3. What is the brand of Vernon's jeans?
4. What does Vernon's mother say Martirio is known for?
5. Who of the following is a friend of Vernon's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ella.
2. Why are Vernon, Deutschman and Ella all happy with the outcome in Chapter 13?
3. Why does Vernon make faces before appearing on TV?
4. What does Vernon think about Jesus?
5. What does Vernon think about Taylor in this section?
6. How does Vernon's Mom betray the fact she does not believe in her son's innocence?
7. What does Vernon overhear his mom and her friends talking about?
8. Why does Vernon think he is doomed in Act 1, Chapter 6?
9. What does Lally's show state about Vernon's life?
10. Why does Vernon hang up on his Mom when he talks to her from prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against the death penalty? What are Pierre's opinions on the death penalty and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Pierre?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
How does Pierre represent the media? How accurate is Pierre's representation of the media?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)