|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the ambulance's floor?
2. What does Vernon's mother say Martirio is known for?
3. How do Vernon and Palmyra get home from the police station?
4. What does Vernon say Jesus was like most of the time?
5. What does Vernon hide in his bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Vernon depressed after only one night back at home?
2. How has Taylor's life changed since Vernon's trial?
3. What does Vernon recall about the morning of the murders as he rode to school with Jesus?
4. How does Goosens probe Vernon in Act 2, chapter 7?
5. What does Vernon remind himself when he realizes he is in a tough situation?
6. How does Taylor force Vernon to confess?
7. Why does Vernon want to get out of Texas?
8. Why does Vernon think he is doomed in Act 1, Chapter 6?
9. What does Vernon's lawyer say in Vernon's defense?
10. Why does Vernon not want to invite Vaine into his home?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Pierre develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 3
What major events had a profound effect on Vernon's life and how did they change him? What does Vernon still have to learn by the end of the book?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)