|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon's psychiatrist want him to do?
2. What is the name of Vernon's attorney when Vernon is 15-years-old?
3. Which of the following lessons is Vernon having when Jesus begins shooting?
4. What are Vernon's mother and Lally wearing when Vernon comes home?
5. Which of his teachers did Vernon have to run an errand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vernon overhear his mom and her friends talking about?
2. What does Lally's show state about Vernon's life?
3. What does Vernon think about Taylor in this section?
4. Why is Vernon depressed after only one night back at home?
5. Why does the Judge release Vernon?
6. Why does Vernon make faces before appearing on TV?
7. What does Ladesma tell Vernon about trials?
8. Why does Vernon not want to invite Vaine into his home?
9. How does Vernon plan to help Silas Benn?
10. Why does no boy in town love Ella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are a person's teenage years supposed to be so difficult? How much was Jesus' reaction to the bullying because of his sensitive age? In what way does Vernon's young age become a joke in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Vernon's life:
1. His mother.
Essay Topic 3
What does Vernon's lawyer say in his defense? What case does the prosecution have against Vernon? In what way does the court case satirize American culture?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)