Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items of furniture are in the interview room?
2. Who does Vernon leave the police station with?
3. What is the brand of Vernon's jeans?
4. Which of the following is the name of the girl Vernon loves?
5. In which city is the university Taylor visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the execution.
2. Describe Ella.
3. What does Vernon think about as he dozes?
4. How did Vernon once help Taylor at a party?
5. Describe Vernon's phone call with Taylor?
6. What does Vernon have to do at the New Life Center?
7. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
8. What does Vernon recall about the morning of the murders as he rode to school with Jesus?
9. How has the prison psychologist helped Vernon?
10. Why does Vernon think the village looks like something out of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC?
Essay Topic 1
How accurate is Pierre's representation of the prison setting? What does the prison setting add to the story? How could Vernon make the best of his time in prison?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Vernon's life:
1. His mother.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)