|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vernon want to have to himself in Mexico?
2. Which of the following lessons is Vernon having when Jesus begins shooting?
3. What does Vernon eat in the police station?
4. What does Vernon's psychiatrist want him to do?
5. What is Vernon's girl's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vernon change fate in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Vernon not want to invite Vaine into his home?
3. Why does Vernon's mother say she is crying?
4. Why are Vernon, Deutschman and Ella all happy with the outcome in Chapter 13?
5. What lesson does Vernon say he has learned?
6. What does Vernon think about Taylor in this section?
7. What does Vernon imagine about the TV movie of his life?
8. How does Vernon get $160 off Deutschman?
9. Why does Vernon think he is doomed in Act 1, Chapter 6?
10. What does Vernon remind himself when he realizes he is in a tough situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
How does Vernon's mother cope with being a single parent? How has Vernon's upbringing affected him?
Essay Topic 3
What are the arguments for and against the death penalty? What are Pierre's opinions on the death penalty and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Pierre?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)