|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following workers does the city have more of than police?
2. Which of the following things helps Vernon get through the Mexican border?
3. Which of following animals does Jesus solve a philosophical problem about?
4. Which of the following cities does Vernon stop in on his journey to Mexico?
5. Which of his teachers did Vernon have to run an errand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vernon's Mom betray the fact she does not believe in her son's innocence?
2. Why does Vernon want to get out of Texas?
3. Why does the Judge release Vernon?
4. What does Lally's show state about Vernon's life?
5. What does Vernon think about Taylor in this section?
6. What do the police find out about Vernon's sexuality?
7. Why does Vernon's mother say she is crying?
8. What does Vernon remind himself when he realizes he is in a tough situation?
9. Why is Vernon depressed after only one night back at home?
10. Why does Vernon hang up on his Mom when he talks to her from prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are a person's teenage years supposed to be so difficult? How much was Jesus' reaction to the bullying because of his sensitive age? In what way does Vernon's young age become a joke in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does Vernon's mother cope with being a single parent? How has Vernon's upbringing affected him?
Essay Topic 3
What major events had a profound effect on Vernon's life and how did they change him? What does Vernon still have to learn by the end of the book?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)