|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff ask Vernon if he likes?
2. What are Vernon's mother and Lally wearing when Vernon comes home?
3. What shape does Vernon outline with his foot while sitting with Dr. Goosens?
4. What does Vernon Little wear in the opening scene?
5. On which of the following days does the novel begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Taylor force Vernon to confess?
2. Why does no boy in town love Ella?
3. What does Vernon's lawyer say in Vernon's defense?
4. What advice does Vernon's mother give him before the trial?
5. Why does Vernon not want to invite Vaine into his home?
6. Why does Vernon's mother say she is crying?
7. How does the novel end?
8. What reason does Vaine give for Vernon's arrest?
9. How does Vernon get $160 off Deutschman?
10. What is Vernon's view of what happened on May 20?
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
How does Pierre represent the media? How accurate is Pierre's representation of the media?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote VERNON GOD LITTLE in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)