Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items of furniture are in the interview room?
2. Who does Vernon leave the police station with?
3. What is the brand of Vernon's jeans?
4. Which of the following is the name of the girl Vernon loves?
5. In which city is the university Taylor visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the execution.
2. Describe Ella.
3. What does Vernon think about as he dozes?
4. How did Vernon once help Taylor at a party?
5. Describe Vernon's phone call with Taylor?
6. What does Vernon have to do at the New Life Center?
7. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
8. What does Vernon recall about the morning of the murders as he rode to school with Jesus?
9. How has the prison psychologist helped Vernon?
10. Why does Vernon think the village looks like something out of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC?
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote VERNON GOD LITTLE in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
Essay Topic 3
Why are a person's teenage years supposed to be so difficult? How much was Jesus' reaction to the bullying because of his sensitive age? In what way does Vernon's young age become a joke in the novel?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)