|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following cities does Vernon stop in on his journey to Mexico?
2. Where does Vernon want Taylor to take him?
3. What does Vernon want to ask Taylor's mother at church?
4. What does Vernon always hear leaving Dr. Oliver Goosens' ambulance?
5. What of the following parts of her body does Ella B. show Vernon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lally's show state about Vernon's life?
2. Why does no boy in town love Ella?
3. Why does Vernon think he is doomed in Act 1, Chapter 6?
4. Why are Vernon, Deutschman and Ella all happy with the outcome in Chapter 13?
5. What does Vernon have to do at the New Life Center?
6. What does Ladesma tell Vernon about trials?
7. What does Vernon think about Taylor in this section?
8. Why does the Judge release Vernon?
9. Why does Vernon not want to invite Vaine into his home?
10. Why does Vernon hang up on his Mom when he talks to her from prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems does Vernon's generation face? How are the problems for Vernon's generation different to the problems his father's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 2
How does Pierre represent the media? How accurate is Pierre's representation of the media?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)