|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of his teachers did Vernon have to run an errand for?
2. Which of the following guns does Vernon's mother not want to tell the police about?
3. What is the color of the ambulance's floor?
4. What does Vernon say Jesus was like most of the time?
5. Who does Vernon leave the police station with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
2. How does Goosens probe Vernon in Act 2, chapter 7?
3. What does Vernon imagine about the TV movie of his life?
4. Describe Ella.
5. Why does Vernon make faces before appearing on TV?
6. What does Ladesma tell Vernon about trials?
7. How does Vernon change fate in Chapter 9?
8. What do the police find out about Vernon's sexuality?
9. How does Vernon's Mom betray the fact she does not believe in her son's innocence?
10. What does Vernon think about Jesus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major events had a profound effect on Vernon's life and how did they change him? What does Vernon still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Why are a person's teenage years supposed to be so difficult? How much was Jesus' reaction to the bullying because of his sensitive age? In what way does Vernon's young age become a joke in the novel?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)