|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon want to ask Taylor's mother at church?
2. Where does Vernon want Taylor to take him?
3. What does Vernon say Jesus was like most of the time?
4. Where does Taylor want Vernon to meet him?
5. What reason does Vernon give the customs office for going to Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vernon's Mom betray the fact she does not believe in her son's innocence?
2. What lesson does Vernon say he has learned?
3. What does Vernon have to do at the New Life Center?
4. How did Vernon once help Taylor at a party?
5. How does Goosens probe Vernon in Act 2, chapter 7?
6. Why does Vernon's mother say she is crying?
7. Describe Ella.
8. Why does Vernon hang up on his Mom when he talks to her from prison?
9. Why does the Judge release Vernon?
10. How does Vernon plan to help Silas Benn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Pierre represent the media? How accurate is Pierre's representation of the media?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)