|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Vernon's friend from Mexico who transports him from the north to the south of Mexico?
2. What kind of trial does Vernon's lawyer say is the cutting edge of the justice system?
(a) A celebrity trial.
(b) A fraud trial.
(c) A Capital trial.
(d) A rape trial.
3. What is the name of Jesus's father?
(a) Rosario Perres.
(b) Ol' Ramones.
(c) Ramon Perres.
(d) Ol' Rosario.
4. What is the only item inside Jesus's sports bag?
(a) A knife.
(b) A box of tissues.
(c) A gun.
(d) A box of ammunition.
5. Who holds the elevator door open for Vernon?
(a) The hotel manager.
(b) A beautiful girl.
(c) His mother.
(d) A page.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vernon react to the court's decision?
2. What is Vernon's opinion of his dead friend Jesus?
3. What is the name of Vernon's new attorney?
4. What does Vernon like to do in prison?
5. Which one of the following Spanish sentences often appears in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vernon tell Taylor on the phone?
2. What does Vernon think the coastline looks like?
3. Describe Vernon's phone call with Taylor?
4. How does Taylor force Vernon to confess?
5. How has Taylor's life changed since Vernon's trial?
6. What is Vernon's view of what happened on May 20?
7. What does Vernon's lawyer say in Vernon's defense?
8. What does Lasalle say about God in Chapter 24?
9. What does Vernon think about as he dozes?
10. How has the prison psychologist helped Vernon?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)