|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds the elevator door open for Vernon?
(a) The hotel manager.
(b) His mother.
(c) A page.
(d) A beautiful girl.
2. Who does Vernon state he feels slimier than?
3. Who is the first person Vernon call on his last night?
(b) Vaine Gurie.
(c) His mother.
(d) Taylor Figueroa.
4. Which of the following musical instruments does Vernon want to sell?
(a) A piano.
(b) A clarinet.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A bass-viol.
5. What is Lally's full name?
(a) Eulalio Ledesma Pérez.
(b) Eulalio Barat Ledesma.
(c) Eulalio Ledesma Gutierrez.
(d) Eulalio Pérez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does the judge want to use to kill Vernon?
2. What does Vernon like to do in prison?
3. What does Vernon have to sit in in the courtroom?
4. What is Vernon's sentence?
5. What is Vernon's opinion about the truth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lally say on the witness stand?
2. Why does Vernon think the village looks like something out of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC?
3. What does Vernon tell Taylor on the phone?
4. How does Lally want to change public executions?
5. What does Vernon think the coastline looks like?
6. What telephone calls does Vernon make on the day of his execution?
7. How has the prison psychologist helped Vernon?
8. Describe the execution.
9. What does Vernon's lawyer say in Vernon's defense?
10. How does Vernon react to his sentence?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)