|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interests Vernon about Taylor when he meets her in Houston?
(a) Her panties.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her mind.
2. Who holds the elevator door open for Vernon?
(a) His mother.
(b) A page.
(c) The hotel manager.
(d) A beautiful girl.
3. What does Vernon eat for his last dinner?
(a) Chilli chicken.
(b) Fish and chips.
(c) Chick'n' Mix Choice Supreme.
(d) Super chicken's burger.
4. What does Taylor Figueroa wear to the law suit?
(a) A black dress.
(b) A gray dress.
(c) A white shirt blouse with a skirt.
(d) A red shirt blouse and jeans.
5. Where does Vernon meet with the priest?
(a) In the prison.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In the church.
(d) In the palast of justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon's mother put in her hair before going to visit someone?
2. Which city does Newsweek say has the fastest economic growth in the world?
3. What is the name of Jesus's father?
4. What does Taylor Figueroa wear when she meets Vernon in Houston?
5. What does the narrator say Marion Nuckles looks like when she stands up in court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vernon receive on his execution day?
2. What does Vernon find when he arrives back at school moments after the shooting?
3. How does Lally want to change public executions?
4. Why does International Bridge look like a Spielberg set?
5. What does Vernon's lawyer say in Vernon's defense?
6. How does Taylor let Vernon down in the Chapter 20?
7. How has Taylor's life changed since Vernon's trial?
8. Describe Vernon's phone call with Taylor?
9. What does Vernon think about as he dozes?
10. Why does Vernon dislike his journey through Mexico?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)