|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is Vernon suspected of killing?
2. Who does Taylor Figueroa fly to Mexico with to meet Vernon?
(c) Ella Bouchard.
3. What is Vernon's opinion of his dead friend Jesus?
(a) He had a bad heart.
(b) He had a soft heart.
(c) He had a hard heart.
(d) He had a black heart.
4. What does Vernon say he feels like he is climbing when he exits the cab?
(a) Mount Rushmore.
(b) Mount Everest.
(c) A church spire.
(d) A thorny tree.
5. What does the narrator say Marion Nuckles looks like when she stands up in court?
(a) Likeshe is ready to do anything.
(b) Like she has hasn't slept for a week.
(c) Like she's had a nervous breakdown.
(d) Like she has just recovered from cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vernon react to the court's decision?
2. What does Taylor Figueroa call Vernon when he gives her a call from Acapulco?
3. Who visits Vernon in prison?
4. Which of the following do the students use in their physics class?
5. Who is the only American hitchiker Pelayo says he knows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vernon tell Taylor on the phone?
2. How has Taylor's life changed since Vernon's trial?
3. What does Vernon think the coastline looks like?
4. What does A=DT2 mean?
5. What does Vernon's mom tell him on the phone in Chapter 25?
6. What does Nuckles say in court?
7. How does Taylor let Vernon down in the Chapter 20?
8. What does Vernon do in the San Antonio bus station?
9. Why does International Bridge look like a Spielberg set?
10. Describe Vernon's phone call with Taylor?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)