|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What of the following magazines does Vernon read for the last time?
(d) National Geographic.
2. What does Taylor Figueroa wear when she meets Vernon in Houston?
(b) A dress.
(d) A skirt.
3. What is Vernon's sentence?
(a) Twenty years imprisonment.
(b) Life imprisonment.
(c) Community service.
(d) The death penalty.
4. What does Taylor Figueroa wear to the law suit?
(a) A gray dress.
(b) A red shirt blouse and jeans.
(c) A black dress.
(d) A white shirt blouse with a skirt.
5. Which of the following body parts does Silas Benn have missing?
(a) A hand.
(b) A leg.
(d) A finger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who holds the elevator door open for Vernon?
2. What does Vernon think is the most important thing in his life?
3. What brand of cigarettes does Vernon smoke for the last night?
4. Who is the first person Vernon call on his last night?
5. What is Vernon's opinion about the truth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vernon think the village looks like something out of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC?
2. What does Vernon find when he arrives back at school moments after the shooting?
3. Why does International Bridge look like a Spielberg set?
4. What is Vernon's view of what happened on May 20?
5. What does Lasalle say about God in Chapter 24?
6. What does Vernon do in the San Antonio bus station?
7. What does Nuckles say in court?
8. Describe Vernon's phone call with Taylor?
9. What does Lally say on the witness stand?
10. What telephone calls does Vernon make on the day of his execution?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)