|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the brand of Vernon's jeans?
(c) Calvin Klein.
(d) Pepe jeans.
2. In which of the following Texan cities is the novel set?
(b) El Paso.
3. On which of the following days does the novel begin?
4. Why does Vernon give Deutschman back $20?
(a) He does not want to leave him broke.
(b) He knows Deutschman will need a drink.
(c) He damaged his car.
(d) To buy gas so Deutschman can drive home.
5. What kind of business does Ketter own?
(a) A law firm.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A repair garage.
(d) A supermarket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of the girl Vernon loves?
2. What new nickname has Lally given Vernon's mother?
3. In which city is the university Taylor visits?
4. Which of the following foods does Vernon eat in the police station?
5. Which of following animals does Jesus solve a philosophical problem about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Deutschman have to get his haircut at the meatworks factory?
2. What does Vernon recall about the morning of the murders as he rode to school with Jesus?
3. How has the prison psychologist helped Vernon?
4. How does Vernon react to his sentence?
5. How does Lally want to change public executions?
6. Why does the Judge release Vernon?
7. Why does Vernon hang up on his Mom when he talks to her from prison?
8. What reason does Vaine give for Vernon's arrest?
9. How does Taylor force Vernon to confess?
10. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)