|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what special day do the police arrest Vernon?
(a) His birthday.
(b) Christmas day.
(d) New years day.
2. On which of the following days does the novel begin?
3. Who does Vernon introduce to Taylor's mother?
(a) Neil Naylor.
(b) Danny Taylor.
(c) Neil Taylor.
(d) Danny Naylor.
4. Which of the following guns does Vernon's mother not want to tell the police about?
(a) A sten-gun.
(b) A tacker.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A knife.
5. Which of the following best describes the judge at Vernon's trial?
(a) A woman with grey long hair.
(b) A man with grey short hair.
(c) A woman with grey short hair.
(d) A man with black short hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon Little wear in the opening scene?
2. What is Vernon's opinion of the music group which plays through the interview with the journalist?
3. Who does Vernon live with?
4. What is Vernon's girl's occupation?
5. Which part of Jesus' body is deformed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vernon think he is doomed in Act 1, Chapter 6?
2. Why does Vernon hang up on his Mom when he talks to her from prison?
3. Why does the Judge release Vernon?
4. How does Vernon plan to help Silas Benn?
5. What does Ladesma tell Vernon about trials?
6. What do the police find out about Vernon's sexuality?
7. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
8. Why does Vernon not want to invite Vaine into his home?
9. What does Vernon think about Jesus?
10. What does Vernon recall about the morning of the murders as he rode to school with Jesus?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)