|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vernon always hear leaving Dr. Oliver Goosens' ambulance?
(d) A whisper.
2. In which of the following Texan cities is the novel set?
(d) El Paso.
3. What is the name of Vernon's attorney when Vernon is 16-years-old?
(a) Ol' Payce.
(d) Ol' Brian.
4. In which of the following cities does Vernon want to visit in Mexico?
(b) Ciudad de Mexico.
5. Who does Vernon live with?
(a) His mother.
(b) His step-father.
(c) His father.
(d) His step-mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon hide in his bedroom?
2. Which of the following is the name of the girl Vernon loves?
3. Who does Vernon introduce to Taylor's mother?
4. What is the cowgirl wearing under her Levis?
5. What shape does Vernon outline with his foot while sitting with Dr. Goosens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vernon imagine about the TV movie of his life?
2. What does Lally's show state about Vernon's life?
3. Describe Ella.
4. Why does Vernon not want to invite Vaine into his home?
5. What does Ladesma tell Vernon about trials?
6. What does Vernon think about Taylor in this section?
7. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
8. Why does Vernon make faces before appearing on TV?
9. Why does Vernon's mother say she is crying?
10. What does Vernon recall about the morning of the murders as he rode to school with Jesus?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)