|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which of the following days does the novel begin?
2. Why does Vernon think Jesus became so strange?
(a) He was bullied
(b) He was going through puberty.
(c) His stepfather beat him.
(d) He has no idea.
3. What does Vernon's mother say Martirio is known for?
(a) Its spontaneity.
(b) Its hospitality.
(c) Its art.
(d) Its inhospitality.
4. Who does Taylor arrive in Mexico with?
(d) Vernon's mother.
5. What is the name of the motel the crowd gathers outside?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon want to ask Taylor's mother at church?
2. Which of the following of Vernon's mother's friends is the plumpest?
3. What is Vernon's opinion of the music group which plays through the interview with the journalist?
4. What does Lally say is his job?
5. What is the name of Vernon's attorney when Vernon is 16-years-old?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Vernon depressed after only one night back at home?
2. Why does Vernon's mother say she is crying?
3. What reason does Vaine give for Vernon's arrest?
4. What does Vernon have to do at the New Life Center?
5. Why does Vernon think he is doomed in Act 1, Chapter 6?
6. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
7. What does Vernon recall about the morning of the murders as he rode to school with Jesus?
8. What does Vernon think about Jesus?
9. Why does Vernon not want to invite Vaine into his home?
10. What does Vernon think about Taylor in this section?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)