|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city is the university Taylor visits?
(c) Los Angeles.
2. What does Deutschman call Vernon when he takes the Polaroid picture?
(a) A fascist.
(b) A communist.
(c) A psycho.
(d) A pervert.
3. Where does Vernon say he wants to buy a house?
(a) By the river.
(b) On the beach.
(c) On a clifftop.
(d) In the forest.
4. What country does Vernon tell his mother he is going to?
5. In which of the following Texan cities is the novel set?
(b) El Paso.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the judge think Vernon needed in his life?
2. Which of the following items of furniture are in the interview room?
3. What does Vernon find strange when he arrives at McAllen?
4. Who does Vernon talk to about his mother's crisis?
5. Who gives Vernon the chain with the cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police find out about Vernon's sexuality?
2. What does Vernon remind himself when he realizes he is in a tough situation?
3. What does Vernon have to do at the New Life Center?
4. What does Vernon imagine about the TV movie of his life?
5. Why is Vernon depressed after only one night back at home?
6. What does Vernon think about Jesus?
7. Describe Ella.
8. What does Ladesma tell Vernon about trials?
9. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
10. What lesson does Vernon say he has learned?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)