|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lally's job?
2. Which of the following items of furniture are in the interview room?
(a) One table, two chairs and one photo.
(b) Two tables, four chairs and one photo.
(c) One table, three chairs and two photos.
(d) One table, one chair and five photos.
3. Which of the following workers does the city have more of than police?
4. What kind of people does Vernon think are the only people who are safe?
(a) Blind people.
(b) Clever people.
(c) Funny people.
(d) Dumb people.
5. What is Gobbon's job?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A pastor.
(c) A psychologist.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following senses does Vernon describe when talking about his girl?
2. Who becomes a millionaire in the TV show Vernon's mother is watching?
3. What is the cowgirl wearing under her Levis?
4. What is the name of Vernon's attorney when Vernon is 15-years-old?
5. What does Pam eat while she sits on the sofa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Vernon depressed after only one night back at home?
2. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
3. Why does Vernon's mother say she is crying?
4. What does Vernon overhear his mom and her friends talking about?
5. What lesson does Vernon say he has learned?
6. What does Vernon remind himself when he realizes he is in a tough situation?
7. What do the police find out about Vernon's sexuality?
8. Why does Vernon not want to invite Vaine into his home?
9. What does Vernon recall about the morning of the murders as he rode to school with Jesus?
10. What reason does Vaine give for Vernon's arrest?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)