|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Vernon's attorney when Vernon is 15-years-old?
(a) Ol' Brian.
(d) Ol' Payce.
2. In which city is the university Taylor visits?
(c) Los Angeles.
3. Why does Vernon give Deutschman back $20?
(a) He does not want to leave him broke.
(b) He damaged his car.
(c) He knows Deutschman will need a drink.
(d) To buy gas so Deutschman can drive home.
4. Which of the following is the name of the girl Vernon loves?
5. Where does Vernon want Taylor to take him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of following animals does Jesus solve a philosophical problem about?
2. On which of the following days does the novel begin?
3. Who of the following singers does Vernon listen to while packing his bag?
4. What is Lally's job?
5. What is the name of Vernon's attorney when Vernon is 16-years-old?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vernon think he is doomed in Act 1, Chapter 6?
2. Why does the Judge release Vernon?
3. What does Lally say on the witness stand?
4. How does Taylor let Vernon down in the Chapter 20?
5. Why does Vernon think the village looks like something out of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC?
6. What telephone calls does Vernon make on the day of his execution?
7. Why does Vernon's mother say she is crying?
8. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
9. What does Vernon think about as he dozes?
10. What is Vernon's view of what happened on May 20?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)