|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the brand of Vernon's jeans?
(b) Pepe jeans.
(c) Calvin Klein.
2. How does the judge describe Vernon's family situation?
3. What kind of people does the narrator say the town is full of?
4. What is Vernon's girl's occupation?
5. What does Vernon's mother say Martirio is known for?
(a) Its hospitality.
(b) Its spontaneity.
(c) Its art.
(d) Its inhospitality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon Little wear in the opening scene?
2. What program does Vernon hang up on his mother to watch?
3. In which of the following Texan cities is the novel set?
4. How does Vernon jeopardize his bail?
5. How do Vernon's neighbors describe him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vernon's mother say she is crying?
2. How does Goosens probe Vernon in Act 2, chapter 7?
3. What does Ladesma tell Vernon about trials?
4. Why is Vernon's mother angry with Vernon in Chapter 11?
5. How does Vernon change fate in Chapter 9?
6. What reason does Vaine give for Vernon's arrest?
7. Why does the Judge release Vernon?
8. What does Vernon think about Jesus?
9. Why does Vernon not want to invite Vaine into his home?
10. Why are Vernon, Deutschman and Ella all happy with the outcome in Chapter 13?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)