|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which of the following Texan cities is the novel set?
(a) El Paso.
2. Why does Vernon give Deutschman back $20?
(a) He damaged his car.
(b) To buy gas so Deutschman can drive home.
(c) He knows Deutschman will need a drink.
(d) He does not want to leave him broke.
3. Who visits Vernon in Mexico?
(d) His mother.
4. Where does Vernon want Taylor to take him?
5. How do Vernon's neighbors describe him?
(c) Fun loving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lally say is his job?
2. What did Vernon's mother tell Vernon to be aware of?
3. What is the cowgirl wearing under her Levis?
4. What does Vernon hide in his bedroom?
5. What shape does Vernon outline with his foot while sitting with Dr. Goosens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Judge release Vernon?
2. What does Vernon recall about the morning of the murders as he rode to school with Jesus?
3. What does Lally's show state about Vernon's life?
4. What does Vernon imagine about the TV movie of his life?
5. Why does Vernon hang up on his Mom when he talks to her from prison?
6. How does Vernon plan to help Silas Benn?
7. What does Vernon overhear his mom and her friends talking about?
8. What reason does Vaine give for Vernon's arrest?
9. Why does Vernon not want to invite Vaine into his home?
10. Why does Vernon think he is doomed in Act 1, Chapter 6?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)