|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What of the following parts of her body does Ella B. show Vernon?
(a) Her backside.
(b) Her legs.
(c) Her crotch.
(d) Her breasts.
2. How do Vernon and Palmyra get home from the police station?
(a) By train.
(b) By foot.
(c) By bus.
(d) By car.
3. Why does Vernon think Jesus became so strange?
(a) He has no idea.
(b) His stepfather beat him.
(c) He was going through puberty.
(d) He was bullied
4. What does Vernon say he feels about Jesus?
(a) He is indifferent towards him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He likes him.
(d) He loves him.
5. What does Vernon's psychiatrist want him to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Leave the state.
(c) Go back to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following cities does Vernon tell the customs office he is visiting?
2. Who does Taylor arrive in Mexico with?
3. In which of the following cities does Vernon want to visit in Mexico?
4. Which of the following of Vernon's mother's friends is the plumpest?
5. Who does Vernon want to have to himself in Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does no boy in town love Ella?
2. How does Vernon's Mom betray the fact she does not believe in her son's innocence?
3. Why does Vernon think he is doomed in Act 1, Chapter 6?
4. What does Vernon think the coastline looks like?
5. Describe the execution.
6. How does Vernon change fate in Chapter 9?
7. How does Vernon react to his sentence?
8. Why does Vernon think the village looks like something out of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC?
9. How does Taylor force Vernon to confess?
10. What does Vernon imagine about the TV movie of his life?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)