|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Vernon state he feels slimier than?
2. What does Taylor say was her relationship with Vernon?
(a) They didn't know each other at all.
(b) They were a couple.
(c) They vaguely knew each other.
(d) They were good friends.
3. What kind of drink does Taylor have a the hotel?
(a) A whisky.
(b) A vodka.
(c) A tequila.
(d) A beer.
4. What does Vernon eat for his last dinner?
(a) Chick'n' Mix Choice Supreme.
(b) Fish and chips.
(c) Super chicken's burger.
(d) Chilli chicken.
5. What does Goosen tell the court are common bedfellows?
(a) Death and sex.
(b) Laughter and crying.
(c) Torture and abuse.
(d) Love and hate.
6. What does Lally say Vernon does while he sleeps?
7. What is Lally's full name?
(a) Eulalio Pérez.
(b) Eulalio Barat Ledesma.
(c) Eulalio Ledesma Gutierrez.
(d) Eulalio Ledesma Pérez.
8. What of the following magazines does Vernon read for the last time?
(a) National Geographic.
9. Which of the following musical instruments does Vernon want to sell?
(a) A clarinet.
(b) A bass-viol.
(c) A piano.
(d) A guitar.
10. What kind of person does Vaine need for his SWAT team?
(a) An angry teenager.
(b) A bored assassin.
(c) An unemotional psycho.
(d) A homicidal maniac.
11. Who is the only American hitchiker Pelayo says he knows?
(a) Daniel Naylor.
(b) Vernon Little.
(c) Peter Taylor.
(d) Jack Hobbs.
12. What was the name of Dr. Oliver Goosens's patient before Vernon?
(a) Rosario Funtego.
(b) Rosse Figaro.
(c) Jesus Navarro Rosario.
(d) Taylor Figueroa.
13. Who does Goosens claim is medically unfit to testify?
14. What is the name of Vernon's friend from Mexico who transports him from the north to the south of Mexico?
15. Which one of the following Spanish sentences often appears in the novel?
(a) Te veo y siento.
(b) Me ves y sufres.
(c) Te veo y sufro.
(d) Me ves y lloras.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Vernon have a problem with?
2. Which of the following body parts does Silas Benn have missing?
3. What film is Vernon disappointed the TV is not as good as?
4. What is Lally's mother's nationality?
5. What does the narrator say Marion Nuckles looks like when she stands up in court?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)