|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vernon's opinion about the truth?
(a) The truth is God.
(b) The truth doesn't exist.
(c) The truth is turned into a lie.
(d) The truth wins in the end.
2. What is Vernon's opinion of his dead friend Jesus?
(a) He had a bad heart.
(b) He had a soft heart.
(c) He had a black heart.
(d) He had a hard heart.
3. Which of the following do the students use in their physics class?
(a) A battery.
(b) A toy.
(c) A burner.
(d) A candle.
4. What is the color of Taylor's eyes?
5. Who holds the elevator door open for Vernon?
(a) A beautiful girl.
(b) His mother.
(c) A page.
(d) The hotel manager.
6. What kind of music does Vernon think would drive him to suicide?
7. What is the only item inside Jesus's sports bag?
(a) A box of tissues.
(b) A knife.
(c) A box of ammunition.
(d) A gun.
8. What does Silas Benn use for a postbox?
(a) A tissue box.
(b) A clothes basket.
(c) A gas canister.
(d) An old washbox.
9. Where does Vernon meet with the priest?
(a) In the church.
(b) In the prison.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) In the palast of justice.
10. What was the name of Dr. Oliver Goosens's patient before Vernon?
(a) Rosse Figaro.
(b) Rosario Funtego.
(c) Taylor Figueroa.
(d) Jesus Navarro Rosario.
11. What does Vernon sell to the pawnbroker?
12. What does Taylor call Vernon before she hangs up on him?
(a) A baby.
(b) A lover.
(c) A killer.
(d) A porky.
13. Which one of the following Spanish sentences often appears in the novel?
(a) Me ves y sufres.
(b) Te veo y siento.
(c) Te veo y sufro.
(d) Me ves y lloras.
14. What does Lally say Vernon does while he sleeps?
15. Which of the following body parts does Silas Benn have missing?
(a) A leg.
(b) A hand.
(d) A finger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does Vaine need for his SWAT team?
2. What brand of cigarettes does Vernon smoke for the last night?
3. What does Vernon think is the most important thing in his life?
4. Who does Goosens claim is medically unfit to testify?
5. What does Lori say Jesus took from her?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)