|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vernon want Taylor to take him?
2. What does Vernon eat in the police station?
3. What are Vernon's mother and Lally wearing when Vernon comes home?
4. What does Vernon say Jesus was like most of the time?
5. Who gives Vernon the chain with the cross?
(b) Ol' Abdini.
6. Who does Vernon leave the police station with?
(b) His mother.
7. What does Vernon say he feels about Jesus?
(a) He likes him.
(b) He loves him.
(c) He is indifferent towards him.
(d) He hates him.
8. On which of the following days does the novel begin?
9. What part of Vernon's body does Dr. Oliver Goosens touch for the first time?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His back.
(d) His head.
10. Where does Taylor want Vernon to meet him?
(a) By the gallery.
(b) By the river.
(c) On the bridge.
(d) On the square.
11. What new nickname has Lally given Vernon's mother?
(a) Maddame Tussaud.
(b) Veronica Salt.
(c) Doris Day.
(d) Vanessa Le Bourget.
12. Which of the following senses does Vernon describe when talking about his girl?
13. Who of the following singers does Vernon listen to while packing his bag?
(a) Johnny Cash.
(b) Marilyn Manson.
(c) Neil Yong.
(d) Johnny Paycheck.
14. What does Vernon find strange when he arrives at McAllen?
(a) The emptiness.
(b) The silence.
(c) A noise.
(d) The darkness.
15. Who does Taylor arrive in Mexico with?
(b) Vernon's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following workers does the city have more of than police?
2. Who of the following is a friend of Vernon's?
3. What of the following philosophical problems does Vernon speak with Ledesma about?
4. How does the judge describe Vernon's family situation?
5. Which of the following lessons is Vernon having when Jesus begins shooting?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)