|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What program does Vernon hang up on his mother to watch?
(b) Meet the Parents.
(c) The news.
(d) The Simpsons.
2. Which of the following items of furniture are in the interview room?
(a) One table, two chairs and one photo.
(b) One table, one chair and five photos.
(c) One table, three chairs and two photos.
(d) Two tables, four chairs and one photo.
3. Whose hand touches Vernon's face like a god?
(a) An young man's.
(b) An old man's.
(c) A child's.
(d) An old lady's.
4. Which of the following cities does Vernon stop in on his journey to Mexico?
(a) San Antonio.
(b) Corpus Christi.
(c) San Angelo.
5. Which of the following things helps Vernon get through the Mexican border?
(a) A gun.
(b) A smile.
(c) A passport.
6. On what special day do the police arrest Vernon?
(a) His birthday.
(c) New years day.
(d) Christmas day.
7. In which of the following cities does Vernon want to visit in Mexico?
(c) Ciudad de Mexico.
8. Which of the following is the name of the girl Vernon loves?
9. What of the following philosophical problems does Vernon speak with Ledesma about?
10. What new nickname has Lally given Vernon's mother?
(a) Maddame Tussaud.
(b) Veronica Salt.
(c) Doris Day.
(d) Vanessa Le Bourget.
11. Who does Vernon introduce to Taylor's mother?
(a) Danny Taylor.
(b) Neil Naylor.
(c) Danny Naylor.
(d) Neil Taylor.
12. What reason does Vernon give the customs office for going to Mexico?
(a) To visit his grandparents.
(b) To see his girlfriend.
(c) To meet his friends.
(d) To meet his parents.
13. What did Vernon's mother tell Vernon to be aware of?
(a) Pretty girls.
(b) The human condition.
(c) Power hungry people.
(d) The animal instinct.
14. Who does Vernon talk to about his mother's crisis?
15. What is Palmyra's habit to forget to do when he drives to Vernon's house?
(c) Look both ways.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Vernon's attorney when Vernon is 15-years-old?
2. Which of the following does Vernon need?
3. What does Vernon hide in his bedroom?
4. What is Taylor's surname?
5. What does Vernon say he feels about Jesus?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)