|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which of the following Texan cities is the novel set?
(c) El Paso.
2. What does Vernon say he feels about Jesus?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He likes him.
(d) He is indifferent towards him.
3. On what special day do the police arrest Vernon?
(a) His birthday.
(b) New years day.
(c) Christmas day.
4. How do Vernon's neighbors describe him?
(d) Fun loving.
5. What country does Vernon tell his mother he is going to?
6. What does Pam eat while she sits on the sofa?
(d) Ice cream.
7. What program does Vernon hang up on his mother to watch?
(b) The Simpsons.
(c) Meet the Parents.
(d) The news.
8. Where does Mr. Deutschman have to get his haircut?
(a) The steel factory.
(b) The meatworks.
(c) The library.
(d) The university.
9. Which of the following cities does Vernon stop in on his journey to Mexico?
(b) San Angelo.
(c) Corpus Christi.
(d) San Antonio.
10. Who does Vernon talk to about his mother's crisis?
11. Which of the following of Vernon's mother's friends is the plumpest?
12. How does the judge describe Vernon's family situation?
13. Which of his teachers did Vernon have to run an errand for?
(a) His English teacher.
(b) His physics teacher.
(c) His geography teacher.
(d) His sports teacher.
14. What does Vernon always hear leaving Dr. Oliver Goosens' ambulance?
(d) A whisper.
15. What kind of people does the narrator say the town is full of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the judge think Vernon needed in his life?
2. How does Vernon jeopardize his bail?
3. Which of the following towns is nearest to Martirio?
4. Where is Vernon when Jesus begins shooting?
5. What of the following philosophical problems does Vernon speak with Ledesma about?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)