|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business does Ketter own?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) A law firm.
(d) A repair garage.
2. Who does Vernon leave the police station with?
(c) His mother.
3. Whose hand touches Vernon's face like a god?
(a) An young man's.
(b) An old lady's.
(c) A child's.
(d) An old man's.
4. Who gives Vernon the chain with the cross?
(d) Ol' Abdini.
5. What new nickname has Lally given Vernon's mother?
(a) Maddame Tussaud.
(b) Vanessa Le Bourget.
(c) Doris Day.
(d) Veronica Salt.
6. What is Vernon's opinion of the music group which plays through the interview with the journalist?
7. Where does Vernon say he wants to buy a house?
(a) On a clifftop.
(b) By the river.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In the forest.
8. Which of the following things helps Vernon get through the Mexican border?
(a) A smile.
(c) A gun.
(d) A passport.
9. Which of the following does Vernon need?
(a) A denture.
(b) A hearing aid.
(d) A pegleg.
10. Which of the following senses does Vernon describe when talking about his girl?
11. What does Vernon hide in his bedroom?
(b) A Playboy magazine.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A gun.
12. What does Vernon say Jesus was like most of the time?
13. Where does Vernon want Taylor to take him?
14. On which of the following days does the novel begin?
15. What does Vernon's mother say Martirio is known for?
(a) Its art.
(b) Its hospitality.
(c) Its spontaneity.
(d) Its inhospitality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the brand of Vernon's jeans?
2. Which of the following cities does Vernon tell the customs office he is visiting?
3. What program does Vernon hang up on his mother to watch?
4. Which of the following is the location of the murder?
5. Which of his teachers did Vernon have to run an errand for?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)