|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Vernon's neighbors describe him?
(a) Fun loving.
2. Who does Vernon introduce to Taylor's mother?
(a) Danny Naylor.
(b) Neil Taylor.
(c) Neil Naylor.
(d) Danny Taylor.
3. Which of the following does Vernon need?
(a) A hearing aid.
(c) A pegleg.
(d) A denture.
4. In which of the following cities does Vernon want to visit in Mexico?
(a) Ciudad de Mexico.
5. Why does Vernon give Deutschman back $20?
(a) He does not want to leave him broke.
(b) To buy gas so Deutschman can drive home.
(c) He damaged his car.
(d) He knows Deutschman will need a drink.
6. What is Lally's job?
7. What part of Vernon's body does Dr. Oliver Goosens touch for the first time?
(a) His head.
(b) His back.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
8. What is the cowgirl wearing under her Levis?
(a) A bikini.
(b) A leotard.
(d) A G-string.
9. Which of the following guns does Vernon's mother not want to tell the police about?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A sten-gun.
(d) A tacker.
10. Who of the following singers does Vernon listen to while packing his bag?
(a) Johnny Paycheck.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) Neil Yong.
(d) Marilyn Manson.
11. In which of the following Texan cities is the novel set?
(a) El Paso.
12. Which of his teachers did Vernon have to run an errand for?
(a) His geography teacher.
(b) His physics teacher.
(c) His English teacher.
(d) His sports teacher.
13. What kind of business does Ketter own?
(a) A repair garage.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A supermarket.
(d) A law firm.
14. How does the judge describe Vernon's family situation?
15. What is the name of the motel the crowd gathers outside?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pam eat while she sits on the sofa?
2. What does Vernon hide in his bedroom?
3. Whose hand touches Vernon's face like a god?
4. What kind of people does Vernon think are the only people who are safe?
5. What program does Vernon hang up on his mother to watch?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)