|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which of the following Texan cities is the novel set?
(c) El Paso.
2. What does the judge think Vernon needed in his life?
(a) A sister.
(b) A father.
(c) A grandfather.
(d) A cousin.
3. Which of his teachers did Vernon have to run an errand for?
(a) His physics teacher.
(b) His English teacher.
(c) His geography teacher.
(d) His sports teacher.
4. What is the name of Vernon's attorney when Vernon is 16-years-old?
(c) Ol' Payce.
(d) Ol' Brian.
5. What kind of people does the narrator say the town is full of?
Short Answer Questions
1. On which of the following days does the novel begin?
2. Why does Vernon think Jesus became so strange?
3. What brand of shoes is Vernon Little wearing in the opening scene?
4. Who does Vernon live with?
5. What is officer Gurie's first name?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)