Act 1, Chapter 1
* Vernon Little sits in the Sheriff's office in his underwear. Deputy Vaine Gurie returns with his clothes and leads him to the interrogation room.
* Vaine informs Vernon he is an accessory to murder.
* As Vaine is asking Vernon where he was on Tuesday morning, Vernon's mother phones. She tells him her friend has to pick him up because she is busy baking cakes.
* Vernon claims he was running an errand for his teacher, Mr. Nuckles, at the time of the murders. He denies being on drugs and possessing a firearm.
Act 1, Chapter 2
* Pam arrives to pick Vernon up from the police station and drives him to the Bar-B-Chew Barn.
* Vernon thinks about his friend, Jesus, the boy responsible for the murders. His says though his friend had always been clumsy, lately he had been acting plain weird.
* The morning of the murders Vernon rode to school...
This section contains 1,934 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)