|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia find that she enjoys doing in Chapter 16?
(a) Dressing up in new London styles.
(b) Going to tea houses.
(c) Visiting art galleries.
(d) Attending the opera.
2. What does Mrs. Scorrier demand of Venetia in Chapter 13?
(a) To treat Charlotte like a sister.
(b) To stop Damerel's visits to Undershaw.
(c) To stop handling the estate finances.
(d) To pick and marry a suitor.
3. Why does Aubrey's dog begin to bark in Chapter 14?
(a) Someone is lurking outside the window.
(b) Mrs. Scorrier hit the dog.
(c) Aubrey shouts at Mrs. Scorrier.
(d) Charlotte goes into labor.
4. Who is Marston?
(a) Damerel's servant.
(b) A squire.
(c) The vicar.
(d) Oswald's friend.
5. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 14?
(a) She wants Venetia to return to run the estate.
(b) She realizes Venetia will marry a powerful man.
(c) She genuinely likes Venetia.
(d) She doesn't want people to think she chased Venetia out of her home.
6. What is the name of the striking woman who Venetia sees in Chapter 18?
(a) Lady Steeple.
(b) Lady Susan.
(c) Lady Sophia.
(d) Lady Saunders.
7. Where does Damerel take Aubrey in Chapter 10?
8. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
(a) Tell his father what he did.
(b) Have Damerel challenge him to a duel.
(c) Break off their engagement.
(d) Report him to the authorities.
9. How is Venetia dressed at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) In her country style clothes.
(b) In the latest fashion.
(c) In clothes warmer than the season requires.
(d) As a boy.
10. Who do Venetia and Sir Lambert encounter on the walk home in Chapter 19?
11. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
(a) Venetia wearing current fashions.
(b) The weather.
(c) Making Venetia a good marriage match.
(d) Missing the mail.
12. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) How to get Damerel back.
(b) How to find Conway.
(c) How to outsmart her aunt.
(d) How to apologize to Yardley.
13. How is the restaurant that Yardley takes Mrs. Hendred and Venetia to in Chapter 18 described?
(a) As fancy.
(b) As shabby.
(c) As modern.
(d) As rustic.
14. How does Mrs. Hendred know about Venetia's relationship with Damerel?
(a) Damerel sent a letter to Venetia.
(b) Venetia spoke his name in her sleep.
(c) Lady Denny wrote her a letter.
(d) Oswald mentioned it to her.
15. What is the name of Aubrey's dog that scares Charlotte in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hendred think will change Venetia's mind about Yardley?
2. How is Sir Lambert described?
3. What does Venetia try to come up with a plan to do in Chapter 18?
4. What does the striking woman that Venetia sees in Chapter 18 do to Venetia?
5. Where does Mrs. Scorrier wish to have all of Aubrey's dogs kept?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)