|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hendred know about Venetia's relationship with Damerel?
(a) Lady Denny wrote her a letter.
(b) Venetia spoke his name in her sleep.
(c) Oswald mentioned it to her.
(d) Damerel sent a letter to Venetia.
2. How does Mrs. Hendred react to the restaurant in Chapter 18?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is disgusted.
3. What does Venetia try to come up with a plan to do in Chapter 18?
(a) Win Damerel back.
(b) Feign illness.
(c) Move permanently to London.
(d) Get Conway to return to Undershaw.
4. What does Lady Steeple learn about Venetia that she finds horrible?
(a) That her father is dead.
(b) That she was kicked out of her home.
(c) That she isn't married.
(d) That she lived in isolation.
5. Where does Damerel take Aubrey in Chapter 10?
6. Why does Venetia's uncle come to Undershaw in Chapter 15?
(a) To announce a death in the family.
(b) To take Aubrey to college.
(c) To invite Venetia to go to London.
(d) To survey the Undershaw grounds.
7. What does Venetia find that she enjoys doing in Chapter 16?
(a) Dressing up in new London styles.
(b) Visiting art galleries.
(c) Going to tea houses.
(d) Attending the opera.
8. How is Venetia dressed at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) In clothes warmer than the season requires.
(b) In her country style clothes.
(c) In the latest fashion.
(d) As a boy.
9. What is the name of Conway's new wife?
10. What does Venetia hope for while walking with Sir Lambert down the street in Chapter 19?
(a) That someone will still want to marry her.
(b) That someone will mistake them for a couple.
(c) That someone will gossip about them.
(d) That someone will rescue her.
11. Where do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald?
(a) On a holiday to France.
(b) To a monastery.
(c) To stay with his Uncle.
(d) To a university.
12. What is the name of the striking woman who Venetia sees in Chapter 18?
(a) Lady Susan.
(b) Lady Saunders.
(c) Lady Steeple.
(d) Lady Sophia.
13. What do Venetia and Lady Steeple talk about when they meet for the first time?
(a) The London parties.
(b) Venetia's childhood.
(d) Venetia's financial situation.
14. What does Venetia realize about Damerel's feelings in Chapter 17?
(a) That she mistook his proposal as teasing.
(b) That he gave her up for the sake of a scruple.
(c) That he was never interested in her romantically.
(d) That he is still in love with Lady Sophia.
15. What do the dog that angers Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte have in common?
(a) They are both blue-eyed.
(b) They are both pregnant.
(c) They are both named after royalty.
(d) They both like to eat carrots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damerel manage to do after just a few moments in Chapter 12?
2. What does Sir Lambert apologize to Venetia for in Chapter 19?
3. How does Venetia feel when she is busy in Chapter 16?
4. Who does Venetia receive a brief note from in Chapter 13?
5. What does the striking woman that Venetia sees in Chapter 18 do to Venetia?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)