|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the striking woman who Venetia sees in Chapter 18?
(a) Lady Saunders.
(b) Lady Steeple.
(c) Lady Susan.
(d) Lady Sophia.
2. Who is Marston?
(a) A squire.
(b) Damerel's servant.
(c) The vicar.
(d) Oswald's friend.
3. Who is Mrs. Scorrier?
(a) Damerel's aunt.
(b) Undershaw's new housekeeper.
(c) Conway's mother-in-law.
(d) Conway's wife's nurse.
4. What does Venetia find that she enjoys doing in Chapter 16?
(a) Attending the opera.
(b) Visiting art galleries.
(c) Going to tea houses.
(d) Dressing up in new London styles.
5. Why does Yardley go to London?
(a) For a political rally.
(b) To shop for new suits.
(c) For a doctor's appointment.
(d) To meet a friend on business.
6. How does Venetia feel when she is busy in Chapter 16?
(c) Like she is wasting her time.
(d) Almost content.
7. Who do Venetia and Sir Lambert encounter on the walk home in Chapter 19?
8. Why did Conway send Mrs. Scorrier to Undershaw?
(a) She was causing trouble for him at his post.
(b) She lost her own home due to debt.
(c) She can't bear to be apart from her daughter.
(d) She wants to run his estate.
9. How does Venetia react to Mrs. Scorrier's attempt to make amends?
(a) She rolls her eyes.
(b) She makes short replies.
(c) She smiles sweetly.
(d) She hugs Mrs. Scorrier.
10. What does Mrs. Hendred think will change Venetia's mind about Yardley?
(a) A show of ambition.
(b) A show of intelligence.
(c) A show of money.
(d) A show of sensitivity.
11. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
(a) Slap Venetia.
(c) Trip over a rake.
(d) Kisses Venetia.
12. What does the striking woman that Venetia sees in Chapter 18 do to Venetia?
(a) She frowns.
(b) She blushes.
(c) She grins.
(d) She waves at her.
13. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
(a) To buy supplies in the village.
(b) To the Priory.
(c) To her room.
(d) To say goodbye to Aubrey.
14. Why does Venetia visit a neighbor in Chapter 15?
(a) The neighbor's child broke a bone.
(b) To borrow a carriage.
(c) The neighbor owes the Undershaw Estate taxes.
(d) To barter for flour.
15. How is Venetia dressed at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) In the latest fashion.
(b) In her country style clothes.
(c) As a boy.
(d) In clothes warmer than the season requires.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Damerel react to the news that Venetia plans to set up a house for herself?
2. Where does Venetia spot a striking woman accompanied by a man who looks like the Prince Regent?
3. What does Lady Steeple learn about Venetia that she finds horrible?
4. What does Sir Lambert apologize to Venetia for in Chapter 19?
5. How is Sir Lambert described?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)