|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
(a) Slap Venetia.
(b) Kisses Venetia.
(d) Trip over a rake.
2. What does Venetia finally agree with Mrs. Hendred about in Chapter 18?
(a) That Yardley is a good match for her.
(b) That Aubrey is better off on his own.
(c) That it wouldn't do for her to take up house.
(d) That she should give up on Damerel.
3. Who is the striking woman who Venetia saw in Chapter 18?
(a) A duchess.
(b) A famous actress.
(c) Damerel's former lover.
(d) Venetia's mother.
4. What does Venetia set out to find on the morning after she finds out about her mother?
(a) Her father's grave site.
(b) Her birth certificate.
(c) Her mother's hotel.
(d) Her brother's barracks.
5. Who do Venetia and Sir Lambert encounter on the walk home in Chapter 19?
6. What causes Venetia to feel depressed in Chapter 16?
(a) A letter from Mrs. Denny.
(b) The sudden appearance of Yardley.
(c) Having no female friends her own age.
(d) Thinking of Damerel.
7. What does Venetia try to come up with a plan to do in Chapter 18?
(a) Move permanently to London.
(b) Feign illness.
(c) Get Conway to return to Undershaw.
(d) Win Damerel back.
8. What does Venetia hope for while walking with Sir Lambert down the street in Chapter 19?
(a) That someone will mistake them for a couple.
(b) That someone will still want to marry her.
(c) That someone will gossip about them.
(d) That someone will rescue her.
9. What is the name of Conway's new wife?
10. How does Venetia react to Mrs. Scorrier's attempt to make amends?
(a) She smiles sweetly.
(b) She hugs Mrs. Scorrier.
(c) She makes short replies.
(d) She rolls her eyes.
11. What does Sir Lambert apologize to Venetia for in Chapter 19?
(a) Implying that Venetia was after his money.
(b) Saying that Lady Steeple was prettier than Venetia.
(c) Stealing her mother away.
(d) Kicking Venetia out of Lady Steeple's room.
12. Why does Lady Steeple breakdown in front of Venetia in Chapter 19?
(a) She feels guilty for abandoning her children.
(b) She is sad her past is affecting Venetia's marriage prospects.
(c) She is saddened to hear her favorite dog died.
(d) She is upset that she is old enough to have a grown-up daughter.
13. Who does Venetia receive a lengthy letter from in Chapter 13?
(a) Her aunt.
14. How does Venetia feel when she is busy in Chapter 16?
(b) Like she is wasting her time.
(c) Almost content.
15. What do the servants do when Mrs. Scorrier asks them to do anything?
(a) Do the opposite.
(b) Check for Charlotte's approval.
(c) Check with Venetia first.
(d) Laugh in her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disturbs Mrs. Hendred about Venetia's conduct?
2. What is the name of the striking woman who Venetia sees in Chapter 18?
3. Why does Venetia's uncle come to Undershaw in Chapter 15?
4. Where does Venetia spot a striking woman accompanied by a man who looks like the Prince Regent?
5. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)