|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Venetia spot a striking woman accompanied by a man who looks like the Prince Regent?
(a) At a park.
(b) At the theater.
(c) At an assembly.
(d) At a cafe.
2. How is Venetia dressed at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) As a boy.
(b) In the latest fashion.
(c) In her country style clothes.
(d) In clothes warmer than the season requires.
3. What is the name of Aubrey's dog that scares Charlotte in Chapter 14?
4. How does Mrs. Hendred know about Venetia's relationship with Damerel?
(a) Oswald mentioned it to her.
(b) Venetia spoke his name in her sleep.
(c) Damerel sent a letter to Venetia.
(d) Lady Denny wrote her a letter.
5. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 14?
(a) She realizes Venetia will marry a powerful man.
(b) She wants Venetia to return to run the estate.
(c) She doesn't want people to think she chased Venetia out of her home.
(d) She genuinely likes Venetia.
6. Why did Conway send Mrs. Scorrier to Undershaw?
(a) She can't bear to be apart from her daughter.
(b) She wants to run his estate.
(c) She was causing trouble for him at his post.
(d) She lost her own home due to debt.
7. Where does Mrs. Scorrier wish to have all of Aubrey's dogs kept?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In a pen.
(c) On the terrace.
(d) In his room.
8. What does Oswald seek from Damerel when he intercepts him on the way home in Chapter 9?
(a) An apology.
(b) A duel.
(d) A promise.
9. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
(a) Learn how to play violin.
(b) Stay in London.
(c) Keep a horse.
(d) Attend a ball.
10. How does Mrs. Hendred react to the restaurant in Chapter 18?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is confused.
11. Who is Sir Lambert?
(a) A politician.
(b) Venetia's latest suitor.
(c) Lady Steeple's husband.
(d) An acquaintance of Venetia's uncle.
12. What does Venetia set out to find on the morning after she finds out about her mother?
(a) Her father's grave site.
(b) Her mother's hotel.
(c) Her birth certificate.
(d) Her brother's barracks.
13. How does Damerel react to the news that Venetia plans to set up a house for herself?
(a) He offers to help her find a property.
(b) He laughs at her naivete.
(c) He applauds her for it.
(d) He tells her she must not.
14. What does Philip inform Mrs. Scorrier of in Chapter 15?
(a) That Conway has a gambling problem.
(b) That the family fortune is gone.
(c) That a portion of the estate land is to be sold.
(d) That Charlotte has no legal rights at Undershaw.
15. What does Venetia finally agree with Mrs. Hendred about in Chapter 18?
(a) That it wouldn't do for her to take up house.
(b) That she should give up on Damerel.
(c) That Yardley is a good match for her.
(d) That Aubrey is better off on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia find that she enjoys doing in Chapter 16?
2. Why does Yardley go to London?
3. Who does Venetia receive a brief note from in Chapter 13?
4. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
5. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)