|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Steeple tell Venetia that she never wanted in Chapter 19?
(a) To live in the country.
(b) A career.
(d) To get married.
2. What does Venetia find that she enjoys doing in Chapter 16?
(a) Visiting art galleries.
(b) Dressing up in new London styles.
(c) Going to tea houses.
(d) Attending the opera.
3. How does Mrs. Hendred react when she sees the striking woman in Chapter 18?
(a) She gasps.
(b) She gets excited.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She becomes upset.
4. What does Mrs. Scorrier demand of Venetia in Chapter 13?
(a) To pick and marry a suitor.
(b) To treat Charlotte like a sister.
(c) To stop handling the estate finances.
(d) To stop Damerel's visits to Undershaw.
5. What is the name of Aubrey's dog that scares Charlotte in Chapter 14?
6. Where does Damerel suggest Aubrey go in Chapter 13?
(a) To stay with family in Londin.
(b) A hospital.
(c) Damerel's house.
(d) A monastery.
7. What does Venetia finally agree with Mrs. Hendred about in Chapter 18?
(a) That Yardley is a good match for her.
(b) That she should give up on Damerel.
(c) That it wouldn't do for her to take up house.
(d) That Aubrey is better off on his own.
8. Who is the striking woman who Venetia saw in Chapter 18?
(a) A famous actress.
(b) A duchess.
(c) Venetia's mother.
(d) Damerel's former lover.
9. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
(a) To the Priory.
(b) To say goodbye to Aubrey.
(c) To her room.
(d) To buy supplies in the village.
10. What do the dog that angers Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte have in common?
(a) They are both named after royalty.
(b) They both like to eat carrots.
(c) They are both blue-eyed.
(d) They are both pregnant.
11. Why is Venetia unable to sleep during her London trip in Chapter 16?
(a) She can't stop thinking of Damerel.
(b) Her uncle snores loudly.
(c) There is a thunderstorm.
(d) She is ill.
12. According to Mrs. Scorrier, what does Charlotte have a horror of?
(b) The dark.
13. Where do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald?
(a) To a monastery.
(b) To stay with his Uncle.
(c) To a university.
(d) On a holiday to France.
14. What does Oswald seek from Damerel when he intercepts him on the way home in Chapter 9?
(a) A promise.
(b) An apology.
(d) A duel.
15. How does Mrs. Hendred know about Venetia's relationship with Damerel?
(a) Oswald mentioned it to her.
(b) Damerel sent a letter to Venetia.
(c) Venetia spoke his name in her sleep.
(d) Lady Denny wrote her a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
2. What does Venetia tell her aunt at the end of Chapter 19?
3. Who do Venetia and Sir Lambert encounter on the walk home in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Venetia's uncle come to Undershaw in Chapter 15?
5. Why does Mrs. Priddy dote on Charlotte?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)