|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yardley go to London?
(a) For a doctor's appointment.
(b) To shop for new suits.
(c) For a political rally.
(d) To meet a friend on business.
2. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
(a) Sir David.
(b) Sir Charles.
(c) Sir John.
(d) Sir Samuel.
3. How does Venetia react when Oswald offers to protect her from Damerel ?
(a) She cries with relief.
(b) She is touched.
(c) She gets angry.
(d) She laughs.
4. What does Damerel tell Venetia about Lady Sophie in Chapter 6?
(a) That Lady Sophia jilted him.
(b) That Lady Sophia is dead.
(c) That Lady Sophia is Venetia's cousin.
(d) That he and Lady Sophia have a daughter.
5. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
(a) That he assumes authority when he has none.
(b) That he doubts Aubrey's intelligence.
(c) That he speaks to Venetia rudely.
(d) That he takes a drink without being offered one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Damerel's real reason for returning to his estate?
2. Who is with Damerel when they encounter Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
4. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Aubrey's dog begin to bark in Chapter 14?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)