|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald away?
(a) He threatens to harm Damerel.
(b) He requests an adventure.
(c) The villagers gossip about him.
(d) They are worried about his behavior.
2. What does Mrs. Hendred think about Yardley as possible husband for Venetia?
(a) She suspects he is penniless.
(b) She likes him. but doesn't think he's a good match for Venetia.
(c) She disapproves of his arrogance.
(d) She approves of and encourages him.
3. What prompts Aubrey to change his behavior towards Mrs. Scorrier in Chapter 14?
(a) Damerel tells Aubrey that he is making things hard on Venetia.
(b) Damerel tells Aubrey that Mrs. Scorrier praised him for his intelligence.
(c) Damerel tells Aubrey that Mrs. Scorrier has a large fortune.
(d) Damerel tells Aubrey that Mrs. Scorrier is deformed too.
4. How does Aubrey respond when Mrs. Scorrier picks fights with him?
(a) He storms out of the house.
(b) He retreats to his bedroom.
(c) He is more than happy to fight back.
(d) He politely agrees with her.
5. What tradition did Venetia's father deny her?
(a) An education.
(b) A London coming out.
(c) A baptism.
(d) Birthday parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
2. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
3. What does Philip inform Mrs. Scorrier of in Chapter 15?
4. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 14?
5. What is the name of Venetia's nurse?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)