|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Venetia climb a ladder?
(a) To reach a box.
(b) To save some kittens.
(c) To retrieve a book.
(d) To pick apples.
2. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
(a) He worries Damerel will steal Venetia's heart.
(b) He worries Damerel will attack Aubrey.
(c) He worries there will be gossip about Damerel and Venetia.
(d) He worries Damerel will buy the Undershaw Estate.
3. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) How to find Conway.
(b) How to get Damerel back.
(c) How to outsmart her aunt.
(d) How to apologize to Yardley.
4. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
(b) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
(c) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
(d) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
5. How is Charlotte's demeanor described to the reader?
(a) As snooty and dull.
(b) As demure yet confident.
(c) As pleasant, but scared.
(d) As bold and brash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Venetia unable to sleep during her London trip in Chapter 16?
2. Why do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald away?
3. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
4. How does Aubrey respond when Mrs. Scorrier picks fights with him?
5. What does Oswald tell Venetia he is fearful of?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)