|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
(a) Sir Samuel.
(b) Sir John.
(c) Sir David.
(d) Sir Charles.
2. Why does Mrs. Scorrier stop interfering in Aubrey's affairs after awhile?
(a) Aubrey threatens Mrs. Scorrier angrily.
(b) Mrs. Scorrier can see Aubrey doesn't need her opinions.
(c) Charlotte threatens to send Mrs. Scorrier away if she doesn't stop.
(d) Venetia says Conway would want Venetia herself to handle Aubrey's affairs.
3. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 14?
(a) She doesn't want people to think she chased Venetia out of her home.
(b) She wants Venetia to return to run the estate.
(c) She realizes Venetia will marry a powerful man.
(d) She genuinely likes Venetia.
4. What does Venetia say that shocks people?
(a) That her father haunts the family house.
(b) That she doesn't miss her father.
(c) That her mother is alive.
(d) That she caused her father's death.
5. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
(a) Venetia's aunt.
(b) Venetia's neighbor.
(c) Damerel's head housekeeper.
(d) The woman Lord Damerel ran off with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things Aubrey and Damerel discussed while Venetia was away?
2. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
3. What does the striking woman that Venetia sees in Chapter 18 do to Venetia?
4. What is Yardley convinced of in Chapter 1?
5. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)