|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Charlotte's demeanor described to the reader?
(a) As bold and brash.
(b) As demure yet confident.
(c) As pleasant, but scared.
(d) As snooty and dull.
2. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
(b) He did not come home for lunch.
(c) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
(d) His dog returns alone.
3. Why is Venetia unable to sleep during her London trip in Chapter 16?
(a) There is a thunderstorm.
(b) She can't stop thinking of Damerel.
(c) She is ill.
(d) Her uncle snores loudly.
4. How does Venetia feel when she is busy in Chapter 16?
(c) Like she is wasting her time.
(d) Almost content.
5. Who is the striking woman who Venetia saw in Chapter 18?
(a) A duchess.
(b) Venetia's mother.
(c) A famous actress.
(d) Damerel's former lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
2. What is one of the things Aubrey and Damerel discussed while Venetia was away?
3. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
4. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
5. What word did Venetia use to describe Yardley to Damerel?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)