|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Scorrier stop interfering in Aubrey's affairs after awhile?
(a) Venetia says Conway would want Venetia herself to handle Aubrey's affairs.
(b) Mrs. Scorrier can see Aubrey doesn't need her opinions.
(c) Charlotte threatens to send Mrs. Scorrier away if she doesn't stop.
(d) Aubrey threatens Mrs. Scorrier angrily.
2. Who is Mrs. Scorrier?
(a) Undershaw's new housekeeper.
(b) Conway's mother-in-law.
(c) Conway's wife's nurse.
(d) Damerel's aunt.
3. What is big news in town in Chapter 3?
(a) The vicar's death.
(b) The hot weather.
(c) The summer festival.
(d) Lord Damerel's return.
4. What does Venetia refuse to change her behavior just to avoid?
(d) Angering others.
5. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
(a) By calling them children.
(b) By suggesting they were old maids.
(c) By scolding them.
(d) By not speaking to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yardley go to London?
2. Why does Mrs. Priddy dote on Charlotte?
3. What is one of Lady Denny's daughter's named?
4. What is the name of Conway's new wife?
5. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)