|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Scorrier stop interfering in Aubrey's affairs after awhile?
(a) Venetia says Conway would want Venetia herself to handle Aubrey's affairs.
(b) Aubrey threatens Mrs. Scorrier angrily.
(c) Mrs. Scorrier can see Aubrey doesn't need her opinions.
(d) Charlotte threatens to send Mrs. Scorrier away if she doesn't stop.
2. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
(a) Her lack of an attendant.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her manner of dress.
(d) Picking fruit on his property.
3. What word did Venetia use to describe Yardley to Damerel?
4. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
(a) An enemy.
(b) A beau.
(c) A rival.
(d) A friend.
5. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
(a) That he doubts Aubrey's intelligence.
(b) That he assumes authority when he has none.
(c) That he speaks to Venetia rudely.
(d) That he takes a drink without being offered one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Denny's husband do to her dismay in Chapter 3?
2. According to Mrs. Scorrier, what does Charlotte have a horror of?
3. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
4. What does Aubrey spend most of his time doing?
5. What does Venetia decide to pick in Chapter 2?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)