|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Venetia spot a striking woman accompanied by a man who looks like the Prince Regent?
(a) At the theater.
(b) At an assembly.
(c) At a park.
(d) At a cafe.
2. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
(a) With sarcastic replies.
(b) With shock.
(c) With good manners.
(d) With irritation.
3. How is Charlotte's demeanor described to the reader?
(a) As bold and brash.
(b) As pleasant, but scared.
(c) As demure yet confident.
(d) As snooty and dull.
4. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
(a) He gossiped about her in the village.
(b) For his behavior toward Mrs. Denny.
(c) He hasn't tried to contact her.
(d) He insulted her.
5. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
(a) Kisses Venetia.
(b) Slap Venetia.
(c) Trip over a rake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
2. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
3. What does Lady Denny's husband do to her dismay in Chapter 3?
4. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
5. What is the name of Conway's new wife?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)