|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yardley speak to Venetia in in Chapter 3?
(a) As though she cannot hear.
(b) As though she can't understand English.
(c) Like an army commander.
(d) As though he's speaking to a child.
2. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 14?
(a) She realizes Venetia will marry a powerful man.
(b) She doesn't want people to think she chased Venetia out of her home.
(c) She genuinely likes Venetia.
(d) She wants Venetia to return to run the estate.
3. What does Venetia intend to make with what she picks in Chapter 2?
(a) Upside-down cake.
4. What is the name of Venetia's nurse?
(a) Mrs. Priddy.
(b) Mrs. Putney.
(c) Mrs. Penny.
(d) Mrs. Portly.
5. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
(a) When Conway returns.
(b) When Aubrey goes to Oxford.
(c) After he gets rid of Oswald.
(d) When she turns thirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Whom does Oswald dislike?
3. According to Venetia, what does she have a time limit to do in Chapter 18?
4. Why does Aubrey's dog begin to bark in Chapter 14?
5. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)