|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word describes Venetia's life so far?
2. How does Venetia react when Oswald offers to protect her from Damerel ?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is touched.
(c) She cries with relief.
(d) She gets angry.
3. What does Mrs. Hendred think will change Venetia's mind about Yardley?
(a) A show of ambition.
(b) A show of money.
(c) A show of sensitivity.
(d) A show of intelligence.
4. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
(a) Into the garden.
(b) Back home.
(c) To the lavatory.
(d) The dining room.
5. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
(a) That it would make him happy if she married Damerel.
(b) That he would be surprised if she ever got married.
(c) To take her inheritance and go to London.
(d) That she should encourage Yardley's affections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yardley refer to as of "particular delicacy."
2. How many times in her life has Venetia met Damerel?
3. Why does Venetia's elder brother leave home frequently?
4. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
5. What does Oswald seek from Damerel when he intercepts him on the way home in Chapter 9?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)