|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yardley convinced of in Chapter 1?
(a) That Venetia will marry him.
(b) That Oswald is stealing from Venetia's family.
(c) That he will acquire Venetia's family home.
(d) That he can get Venetia to marry his son.
2. What is the name of Venetia's family estate?
3. What does Venetia do before going to pick fruit?
(a) Changes her clothes.
(b) Brushes her hair.
(c) Invites her nurse along.
(d) Packs a snack.
4. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
(a) To entertain guests.
(b) On business.
(c) To recuperate from an injury.
(d) So he could meet her.
5. What does Oswald tell Venetia he is fearful of?
(a) Damerel absconding with Venetia's inheritance.
(b) What Yardley will do if he gets jealous.
(c) Venetia having her heart broken.
(d) Damerel behaving inappropriately.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
2. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
3. What does Aubrey spend most of his time doing?
4. In what manner is Damerel's letter to Venetia written?
5. Why does Venetia's elder brother leave home frequently?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)