|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
(a) Kisses her.
(b) Scolds her.
(c) Offers her his horse.
(d) Orders her home.
2. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
(b) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
(c) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
(d) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
3. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He saw Conway in the village.
(b) He will soon leave his estate again.
(c) He will stay longer than planned.
(d) He never wants to see Venetia again.
4. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
(a) He is too headstrung.
(b) He is too young.
(c) She doesn't want to move abroad.
(d) She is in love with someone else.
5. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
(a) By scolding them.
(b) By calling them children.
(c) By suggesting they were old maids.
(d) By not speaking to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
2. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
5. What word did Venetia use to describe Yardley to Damerel?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)