|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia notice about Damerel?
(a) He is old.
(b) He is disfigured.
(c) He is sickly.
(d) He is handsome.
2. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
(a) By not speaking to them.
(b) By calling them children.
(c) By suggesting they were old maids.
(d) By scolding them.
3. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
(a) He is too headstrung.
(b) He is too young.
(c) She is in love with someone else.
(d) She doesn't want to move abroad.
4. In Chapter 2, what are society ladies said not to have done?
(a) Gone out without an attendant.
(b) Spoken to strange men.
(c) Dressed in unfashionable clothes.
(d) Picked fruit.
5. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
(a) Mrs. Priddy.
(d) Mrs. Denny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia note to Oswald about his father.
2. What is Yardley convinced of in Chapter 1?
3. What did Lady Denny's daughter's think of Lord Damerel?
4. What does Aubrey value which Venetia doesn't want to trespass on in Chapter 4?
5. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)