|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
(b) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
(c) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
(d) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
2. Who does Venetia think would be jealous of Damerel?
(d) Her father.
3. What does Venetia intend to do with her inheritance?
(b) Open a shop in London.
(c) Set up her own house.
(d) Donate it to charity.
4. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
(a) That he doubts Aubrey's intelligence.
(b) That he assumes authority when he has none.
(c) That he speaks to Venetia rudely.
(d) That he takes a drink without being offered one.
5. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
(a) As anxious.
(b) As slow-witted.
(c) As compassionate.
(d) As stubborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
2. How long does Aubrey stay at the Priory?
3. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
4. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
5. Who is the author of "Venetia"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)