|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
2. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
(a) An enemy.
(b) A friend.
(c) A beau.
(d) A rival.
3. How does Yardley speak to Venetia in in Chapter 3?
(a) Like an army commander.
(b) As though he's speaking to a child.
(c) As though she can't understand English.
(d) As though she cannot hear.
4. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
(a) She is too innocent.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is too stupid.
(d) She is a woman.
5. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
(a) He asks him to go.
(b) He offers him lunch.
(c) He implies that Venetia will be leaving.
(d) He asks him to fetch medicine from the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Venetia and Damerel talk about in the garden in Chapter 6?
2. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
3. How does Venetia react when Oswald offers to protect her from Damerel ?
4. How long does Aubrey stay at the Priory?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)