|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what are society ladies said not to have done?
(a) Dressed in unfashionable clothes.
(b) Spoken to strange men.
(c) Picked fruit.
(d) Gone out without an attendant.
2. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
(a) Sir Charles.
(b) Sir Samuel.
(c) Sir David.
(d) Sir John.
3. Whom does Oswald dislike?
(b) The aristocracy.
(d) Crippled people.
4. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
(a) She is in love with someone else.
(b) He is too headstrung.
(c) He is too young.
(d) She doesn't want to move abroad.
5. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
(b) He did not come home for lunch.
(c) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
(d) His dog returns alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does NOT worry about the propriety of Venetia's visits to the Priory in Chapter 7?
2. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
3. What does Oswald talk about often?
4. What does Venetia intend to do with her inheritance?
5. Who is Aubrey?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)