|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
(a) She doesn't want to move abroad.
(b) She is in love with someone else.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He is too headstrung.
2. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
(a) By offering Aubrey free use of his library.
(b) By saying he respected Aubrey's father.
(c) By speaking well of Venetia.
(d) By treating him like a normal boy.
3. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
(a) Venetia's neighbor.
(b) Damerel's head housekeeper.
(c) The woman Lord Damerel ran off with.
(d) Venetia's aunt.
4. What does Oswald hear as he wanders around Undershaw?
(b) Damerel shouting.
(c) Hunting calls.
(d) Venetia's laugh.
5. What is the name of Venetia's nurse?
(a) Mrs. Priddy.
(b) Mrs. Putney.
(c) Mrs. Portly.
(d) Mrs. Penny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
2. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
3. What is Clara Denny's opinion of Yardley?
4. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
5. What does Damerel tell Venetia about Lady Sophie in Chapter 6?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)