|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Twenty-one years old.
(b) Twenty-eight years old
(c) Nineteen years old.
(d) Twenty-five years old.
2. What does Venetia refuse to change her behavior just to avoid?
(d) Angering others.
3. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
(a) He worries Damerel will steal Venetia's heart.
(b) He worries Damerel will attack Aubrey.
(c) He worries Damerel will buy the Undershaw Estate.
(d) He worries there will be gossip about Damerel and Venetia.
4. How does Venetia feel when she awakes in Chapter 5?
5. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
(a) She holds Damerel in high regard.
(b) She is distrustful of Damerel.
(c) She is indifferent toward Damerel.
(d) She thinks Damerel is a soundrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia bring with her to the Priory in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
3. What does Oswald tell Venetia he is fearful of?
4. What did Lady Denny's daughter's think of Lord Damerel?
5. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)