|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tradition did Venetia's father deny her?
(a) An education.
(b) A London coming out.
(c) Birthday parties.
(d) A baptism.
2. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
(b) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
(c) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
(d) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
3. Whom does Oswald dislike?
(b) Crippled people.
(c) The aristocracy.
4. What is Damerel's real reason for returning to his estate?
(a) To attend a funeral.
(b) To see friends.
(c) To sell the estate.
(d) To escape his aunts.
5. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
(a) Yardley's flirtatiousness.
(b) Yardley's confidence.
(c) Yardley's fashion sense.
(d) Yardley's frankness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Venetia climb a ladder?
2. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
3. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
4. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
5. What does Venetia get tangled in during Chapter 2?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)