|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
(b) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
(c) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
(d) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
2. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
(a) That Yardley is Mrs. Priddy's son.
(b) That Yardley is a friend to Aubrey.
(c) That Yardley was a friend of Venetia's father.
(d) That Yardley is there to cause trouble.
3. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
(a) By speaking well of Venetia.
(b) By treating him like a normal boy.
(c) By offering Aubrey free use of his library.
(d) By saying he respected Aubrey's father.
4. In Chapter 2, what are society ladies said not to have done?
(a) Gone out without an attendant.
(b) Picked fruit.
(c) Dressed in unfashionable clothes.
(d) Spoken to strange men.
5. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
(a) She is too innocent.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She is too stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia bring with her to the Priory in Chapter 5?
2. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
3. What does Venetia refuse to change her behavior just to avoid?
4. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
5. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)