|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what are society ladies said not to have done?
(a) Spoken to strange men.
(b) Gone out without an attendant.
(c) Dressed in unfashionable clothes.
(d) Picked fruit.
2. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
(a) She is indifferent toward Damerel.
(b) She thinks Damerel is a soundrel.
(c) She holds Damerel in high regard.
(d) She is distrustful of Damerel.
3. What is the name of Venetia's nurse?
(a) Mrs. Penny.
(b) Mrs. Portly.
(c) Mrs. Priddy.
(d) Mrs. Putney.
4. How does Yardley speak to Venetia in in Chapter 3?
(a) Like an army commander.
(b) As though he's speaking to a child.
(c) As though she can't understand English.
(d) As though she cannot hear.
5. What does Venetia refuse to change her behavior just to avoid?
(c) Angering others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
2. What is Damerel's real reason for returning to his estate?
3. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
4. Who does Venetia think would be jealous of Damerel?
5. Where does Venetia head to pick fruit in Chapter 2?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)