|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yardley speak to Venetia in in Chapter 3?
(a) As though she cannot hear.
(b) Like an army commander.
(c) As though he's speaking to a child.
(d) As though she can't understand English.
2. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He never wants to see Venetia again.
(b) He will stay longer than planned.
(c) He saw Conway in the village.
(d) He will soon leave his estate again.
3. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
(b) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
(c) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
(d) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
4. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He develops a high fever.
(b) He falls down some stairs.
(c) He gets lost in the woods.
(d) He falls from a horse.
5. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
(a) Sir John.
(b) Sir David.
(c) Sir Charles.
(d) Sir Samuel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lady Denny's daughter's think of Lord Damerel?
2. What does Aubrey spend most of his time doing?
3. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
4. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
5. Why does Venetia's elder brother leave home frequently?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)