|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
(a) It gives him an excuse to contact Venetia.
(b) He dislikes Aubrey.
(c) He hopes it will cause Aubrey to become more cautious.
(d) It gives him a chance to test out his homemade remedies.
2. Who did Damerel initially think Venetia was?
(a) A young man.
(b) His cousin.
(c) One of his maids.
(d) A pauper.
3. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
(a) Mrs. Priddy.
(c) Mrs. Denny.
4. What tradition did Venetia's father deny her?
(a) A London coming out.
(b) A baptism.
(c) An education.
(d) Birthday parties.
5. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
(a) Into the garden.
(b) Back home.
(c) To the lavatory.
(d) The dining room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
2. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
3. What is Yardley convinced of in Chapter 1?
4. What is Clara Denny's opinion of Yardley?
5. What does Damerel tell Venetia about Lady Sophie in Chapter 6?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)