|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what are society ladies said not to have done?
(a) Dressed in unfashionable clothes.
(b) Spoken to strange men.
(c) Gone out without an attendant.
(d) Picked fruit.
2. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
(a) When Conway returns.
(b) When Aubrey goes to Oxford.
(c) After he gets rid of Oswald.
(d) When she turns thirty.
3. What is big news in town in Chapter 3?
(a) The hot weather.
(b) The summer festival.
(c) The vicar's death.
(d) Lord Damerel's return.
4. What did Lady Denny's daughter's think of Lord Damerel?
(a) He was dull.
(b) He was dashing.
(c) He was charming.
(d) He was ugly.
5. Who is the author of "Venetia"?
(a) Georgette Heyer.
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) Victoria Holt.
(d) Anya Seton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
2. What word describes Venetia's life so far?
3. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of Venetia's family estate?
5. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)