|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yardley speak to Venetia in in Chapter 3?
(a) As though he's speaking to a child.
(b) Like an army commander.
(c) As though she can't understand English.
(d) As though she cannot hear.
2. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
(a) As anxious.
(b) As compassionate.
(c) As stubborn.
(d) As slow-witted.
3. What does Venetia notice about Damerel?
(a) He is disfigured.
(b) He is sickly.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is old.
4. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
(a) When Conway returns.
(b) When she turns thirty.
(c) When Aubrey goes to Oxford.
(d) After he gets rid of Oswald.
5. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
(a) Her manner of dress.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her lack of an attendant.
(d) Picking fruit on his property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
2. What does Lady Denny's husband do to her dismay in Chapter 3?
3. What is Yardley convinced of in Chapter 1?
4. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
5. Who is with Damerel when they encounter Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)