|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Venetia think would be jealous of Damerel?
(c) Her father.
2. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
(a) As anxious.
(b) As slow-witted.
(c) As compassionate.
(d) As stubborn.
3. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He will stay longer than planned.
(b) He will soon leave his estate again.
(c) He saw Conway in the village.
(d) He never wants to see Venetia again.
4. How does Venetia react when Oswald offers to protect her from Damerel ?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She is touched.
(d) She cries with relief.
5. Why does Venetia's elder brother leave home frequently?
(a) He travels for business.
(b) He is searching for his mother.
(c) He finds the home uncomfortable.
(d) He is in the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
2. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
3. How does Yardley speak to Venetia in in Chapter 3?
4. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. How does Lady Denny act toward Lord Damerel?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)