|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
(a) His treatment of Sophie.
(b) His neglect of his estate.
(c) His lack of a sense of humor.
(d) His flirting with her daughters.
2. In Chapter 2, what are society ladies said not to have done?
(a) Dressed in unfashionable clothes.
(b) Picked fruit.
(c) Gone out without an attendant.
(d) Spoken to strange men.
3. What does Venetia say that shocks people?
(a) That she doesn't miss her father.
(b) That her mother is alive.
(c) That her father haunts the family house.
(d) That she caused her father's death.
4. Who does Venetia think would be jealous of Damerel?
(a) Her father.
5. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her lack of an attendant.
(c) Picking fruit on his property.
(d) Her manner of dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Denny's husband do to her dismay in Chapter 3?
2. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. What does Aubrey spend most of his time doing?
4. What does Venetia refuse to change her behavior just to avoid?
5. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)