|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Four and Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
2. Where does Venetia head to pick fruit in Chapter 2?
(a) The Priory.
(b) The riverbank.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) Just outside the village.
3. How does Yardley speak to Venetia in in Chapter 3?
(a) As though she cannot hear.
(b) As though she can't understand English.
(c) Like an army commander.
(d) As though he's speaking to a child.
4. What does Aubrey value which Venetia doesn't want to trespass on in Chapter 4?
(b) His independence.
(c) His exercise.
(d) His religious beliefs.
5. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
(a) Sir Samuel.
(b) Sir John.
(c) Sir David.
(d) Sir Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
2. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
3. Who is Aubrey?
4. What kind of dog does Aubrey have?
5. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)