|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Four and Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
(a) His flirting with her daughters.
(b) His lack of a sense of humor.
(c) His treatment of Sophie.
(d) His neglect of his estate.
2. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
(a) Sir Charles.
(b) Sir John.
(c) Sir David.
(d) Sir Samuel.
3. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He will soon leave his estate again.
(b) He saw Conway in the village.
(c) He will stay longer than planned.
(d) He never wants to see Venetia again.
4. How does Yardley speak to Venetia in in Chapter 3?
(a) As though he's speaking to a child.
(b) As though she cannot hear.
(c) Like an army commander.
(d) As though she can't understand English.
5. What does Lady Denny's husband do to her dismay in Chapter 3?
(a) Invites Damerel into their home.
(b) Refuses to host a party in their house.
(c) Arranges a marriage for her daughter.
(d) Travels to London without her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is big news in town in Chapter 3?
2. In what manner is Damerel's letter to Venetia written?
3. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
4. What tradition did Venetia's father deny her?
5. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)