|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Four and Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Denny's husband do to her dismay in Chapter 3?
(a) Arranges a marriage for her daughter.
(b) Invites Damerel into their home.
(c) Travels to London without her.
(d) Refuses to host a party in their house.
2. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
(a) With good manners.
(b) With irritation.
(c) With sarcastic replies.
(d) With shock.
3. Who did Damerel initially think Venetia was?
(a) His cousin.
(b) A pauper.
(c) One of his maids.
(d) A young man.
4. What does Damerel scold Aubrey for in Chapter 4?
(a) Not using good judgment.
(b) Going out in bad weather.
(c) Trespassing on his estate.
(d) Riding a horse.
5. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
(a) He insulted her.
(b) For his behavior toward Mrs. Denny.
(c) He gossiped about her in the village.
(d) He hasn't tried to contact her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what manner is Damerel's letter to Venetia written?
2. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
3. How does Yardley speak to Venetia in in Chapter 3?
4. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
5. What is big news in town in Chapter 3?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)