|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
(a) He gossiped about her in the village.
(b) He insulted her.
(c) For his behavior toward Mrs. Denny.
(d) He hasn't tried to contact her.
2. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
(b) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
(c) He did not come home for lunch.
(d) His dog returns alone.
3. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
(a) Learn how to play violin.
(b) Keep a horse.
(c) Stay in London.
(d) Attend a ball.
4. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
(a) Making Venetia a good marriage match.
(b) Venetia wearing current fashions.
(c) The weather.
(d) Missing the mail.
5. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
(a) Back home.
(b) To the lavatory.
(c) Into the garden.
(d) The dining room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
2. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
3. Where does Damerel take Aubrey in Chapter 10?
4. Where do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald?
5. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)