|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
(a) That Yardley is there to cause trouble.
(b) That Yardley was a friend of Venetia's father.
(c) That Yardley is Mrs. Priddy's son.
(d) That Yardley is a friend to Aubrey.
2. What does Lady Denny worry about once she realizes that Venetia loves Damerel?
(a) That they might marry.
(b) That Venetia will lose her inheritance.
(c) That Conway will disown her.
(d) That Venetia will run away to be with him.
3. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
(b) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
(c) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
(d) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
4. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
(a) Mrs. Priddy.
(b) Mrs. Denny.
5. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
(a) A rival.
(b) A friend.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A beau.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
2. Who is Mrs. Scorrier?
3. What does Venetia bring with her to the Priory in Chapter 5?
4. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
5. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)