|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
(a) Venetia's flirtatiousness.
(b) Oswald's father.
(c) Being away from London.
(d) Damerel's actions with Venetia.
2. Where does Damerel take Aubrey in Chapter 10?
3. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
(a) That Yardley is there to cause trouble.
(b) That Yardley is Mrs. Priddy's son.
(c) That Yardley was a friend of Venetia's father.
(d) That Yardley is a friend to Aubrey.
4. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
(a) Venetia wearing current fashions.
(b) Making Venetia a good marriage match.
(c) Missing the mail.
(d) The weather.
5. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
(a) That she should encourage Yardley's affections.
(b) To take her inheritance and go to London.
(c) That he would be surprised if she ever got married.
(d) That it would make him happy if she married Damerel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia bring with her to the Priory in Chapter 5?
2. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
3. What does Lady Denny worry about once she realizes that Venetia loves Damerel?
4. What is one of the things Aubrey and Damerel discussed while Venetia was away?
5. Why does Yardley go to London?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)