|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hendred know about Venetia's relationship with Damerel?
(a) Oswald mentioned it to her.
(b) Lady Denny wrote her a letter.
(c) Damerel sent a letter to Venetia.
(d) Venetia spoke his name in her sleep.
2. Who is Mrs. Scorrier?
(a) Damerel's aunt.
(b) Undershaw's new housekeeper.
(c) Conway's mother-in-law.
(d) Conway's wife's nurse.
3. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
(a) Mrs. Priddy.
(b) Mrs. Denny.
4. How does Venetia feel when she is busy in Chapter 16?
(a) Almost content.
(c) Like she is wasting her time.
5. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
(a) Report him to the authorities.
(b) Tell his father what he did.
(c) Have Damerel challenge him to a duel.
(d) Break off their engagement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Venetia to feel depressed in Chapter 16?
2. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
3. What does Lady Denny worry about once she realizes that Venetia loves Damerel?
4. What is one of the things Aubrey and Damerel discussed while Venetia was away?
5. Why is Venetia unable to sleep during her London trip in Chapter 16?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)