|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald away?
(a) He threatens to harm Damerel.
(b) He requests an adventure.
(c) They are worried about his behavior.
(d) The villagers gossip about him.
2. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
(b) His dog returns alone.
(c) He did not come home for lunch.
(d) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
3. What disturbs Mrs. Hendred about Venetia's conduct?
(a) That she cannot dance.
(b) That she gossips.
(c) That she lacks table manners.
(d) That she goes out without attendants.
4. Where do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald?
(a) On a holiday to France.
(b) To stay with his Uncle.
(c) To a monastery.
(d) To a university.
5. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
(a) For his behavior toward Mrs. Denny.
(b) He gossiped about her in the village.
(c) He hasn't tried to contact her.
(d) He insulted her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Denny worry about once she realizes that Venetia loves Damerel?
2. Who is Mrs. Scorrier?
3. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
4. What causes Venetia to feel depressed in Chapter 16?
5. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)