|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
(a) That Yardley is a friend to Aubrey.
(b) That Yardley was a friend of Venetia's father.
(c) That Yardley is Mrs. Priddy's son.
(d) That Yardley is there to cause trouble.
2. What does Damerel scold Aubrey for in Chapter 4?
(a) Not using good judgment.
(b) Trespassing on his estate.
(c) Going out in bad weather.
(d) Riding a horse.
3. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
(a) To take her inheritance and go to London.
(b) That it would make him happy if she married Damerel.
(c) That she should encourage Yardley's affections.
(d) That he would be surprised if she ever got married.
4. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
(a) Keep a horse.
(b) Learn how to play violin.
(c) Attend a ball.
(d) Stay in London.
5. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
(b) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
(c) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
(d) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia bring with her to the Priory in Chapter 5?
2. Why do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald away?
3. Where do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald?
4. What does Yardley refer to as of "particular delicacy."
5. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)