|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
(a) Oswald's father.
(b) Being away from London.
(c) Damerel's actions with Venetia.
(d) Venetia's flirtatiousness.
2. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
(a) That she should encourage Yardley's affections.
(b) That it would make him happy if she married Damerel.
(c) To take her inheritance and go to London.
(d) That he would be surprised if she ever got married.
3. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
(a) He hasn't tried to contact her.
(b) He gossiped about her in the village.
(c) He insulted her.
(d) For his behavior toward Mrs. Denny.
4. What does Damerel scold Aubrey for in Chapter 4?
(a) Trespassing on his estate.
(b) Not using good judgment.
(c) Riding a horse.
(d) Going out in bad weather.
5. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
(a) To the lavatory.
(b) Back home.
(c) Into the garden.
(d) The dining room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hendred think about Yardley as possible husband for Venetia?
2. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
3. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
4. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
5. How does Mrs. Hendred know about Venetia's relationship with Damerel?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)