|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
(a) Stay in London.
(b) Learn how to play violin.
(c) Keep a horse.
(d) Attend a ball.
2. What is one of the things Aubrey and Damerel discussed while Venetia was away?
(a) Damerel's last love affair.
(b) Aubrey's father's hunting skills.
(c) Mrs. Priddy's dislike for Damerel.
(d) The latest operas in London.
3. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He did not come home for lunch.
(b) His dog returns alone.
(c) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
(d) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
4. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) How to apologize to Yardley.
(b) How to outsmart her aunt.
(c) How to get Damerel back.
(d) How to find Conway.
5. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
(a) That it would make him happy if she married Damerel.
(b) That he would be surprised if she ever got married.
(c) To take her inheritance and go to London.
(d) That she should encourage Yardley's affections.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what manner is Damerel's letter to Venetia written?
2. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
3. What causes Venetia to feel depressed in Chapter 16?
4. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
5. Who is Mrs. Scorrier?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)