|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
(a) Slap Venetia.
(b) Trip over a rake.
(d) Kisses Venetia.
2. What does Venetia find that she enjoys doing in Chapter 16?
(a) Visiting art galleries.
(b) Dressing up in new London styles.
(c) Going to tea houses.
(d) Attending the opera.
3. What causes Venetia to feel depressed in Chapter 16?
(a) The sudden appearance of Yardley.
(b) A letter from Mrs. Denny.
(c) Having no female friends her own age.
(d) Thinking of Damerel.
4. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
(a) It gives him an excuse to contact Venetia.
(b) It gives him a chance to test out his homemade remedies.
(c) He hopes it will cause Aubrey to become more cautious.
(d) He dislikes Aubrey.
5. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
(a) By speaking well of Venetia.
(b) By treating him like a normal boy.
(c) By saying he respected Aubrey's father.
(d) By offering Aubrey free use of his library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Scorrier?
2. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Why does Yardley go to London?
4. What is the name of Conway's new wife?
5. How does Venetia feel when she awakes in Chapter 5?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)