|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia realize about Damerel's feelings in Chapter 17?
(a) That he gave her up for the sake of a scruple.
(b) That he was never interested in her romantically.
(c) That she mistook his proposal as teasing.
(d) That he is still in love with Lady Sophia.
2. What causes Venetia to feel depressed in Chapter 16?
(a) Having no female friends her own age.
(b) Thinking of Damerel.
(c) A letter from Mrs. Denny.
(d) The sudden appearance of Yardley.
3. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
(a) Have Damerel challenge him to a duel.
(b) Break off their engagement.
(c) Report him to the authorities.
(d) Tell his father what he did.
4. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
(a) Venetia's flirtatiousness.
(b) Damerel's actions with Venetia.
(c) Being away from London.
(d) Oswald's father.
5. In what manner is Damerel's letter to Venetia written?
(c) In rhyme.
(d) In code.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia find that she enjoys doing in Chapter 16?
2. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
3. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
4. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
5. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)