|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
(a) The weather.
(b) Missing the mail.
(c) Making Venetia a good marriage match.
(d) Venetia wearing current fashions.
2. How does Mrs. Hendred know about Venetia's relationship with Damerel?
(a) Venetia spoke his name in her sleep.
(b) Lady Denny wrote her a letter.
(c) Oswald mentioned it to her.
(d) Damerel sent a letter to Venetia.
3. What does Aubrey value which Venetia doesn't want to trespass on in Chapter 4?
(a) His independence.
(c) His religious beliefs.
(d) His exercise.
4. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
(a) To take her inheritance and go to London.
(b) That it would make him happy if she married Damerel.
(c) That he would be surprised if she ever got married.
(d) That she should encourage Yardley's affections.
5. Why is Venetia unable to sleep during her London trip in Chapter 16?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She can't stop thinking of Damerel.
(c) Her uncle snores loudly.
(d) There is a thunderstorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
2. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
3. What does Mrs. Hendred think about Yardley as possible husband for Venetia?
4. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
5. What does Venetia bring with her to the Priory in Chapter 5?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)