|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia realize about Damerel's feelings in Chapter 17?
(a) That she mistook his proposal as teasing.
(b) That he was never interested in her romantically.
(c) That he is still in love with Lady Sophia.
(d) That he gave her up for the sake of a scruple.
2. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
(a) He hasn't tried to contact her.
(b) For his behavior toward Mrs. Denny.
(c) He insulted her.
(d) He gossiped about her in the village.
3. What does Yardley refer to as of "particular delicacy."
(a) Venetia's social standing.
(b) Muscle injuries.
(c) Aubrey's emotional state.
(d) The public opinion for Damerel.
4. How does Venetia feel when she awakes in Chapter 5?
5. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
(a) That he would be surprised if she ever got married.
(b) That it would make him happy if she married Damerel.
(c) That she should encourage Yardley's affections.
(d) To take her inheritance and go to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Denny worry about once she realizes that Venetia loves Damerel?
2. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
3. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
4. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
5. What does Oswald seek from Damerel when he intercepts him on the way home in Chapter 9?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)