|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
(a) It gives him an excuse to contact Venetia.
(b) It gives him a chance to test out his homemade remedies.
(c) He dislikes Aubrey.
(d) He hopes it will cause Aubrey to become more cautious.
2. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
(a) To take her inheritance and go to London.
(b) That it would make him happy if she married Damerel.
(c) That he would be surprised if she ever got married.
(d) That she should encourage Yardley's affections.
3. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
(a) Stay in London.
(b) Attend a ball.
(c) Keep a horse.
(d) Learn how to play violin.
4. Who is Marston?
(a) A squire.
(b) Damerel's servant.
(c) The vicar.
(d) Oswald's friend.
5. What disturbs Mrs. Hendred about Venetia's conduct?
(a) That she lacks table manners.
(b) That she goes out without attendants.
(c) That she gossips.
(d) That she cannot dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia realize about Damerel's feelings in Chapter 17?
2. What is the name of Conway's new wife?
3. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
4. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
5. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)