|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yardley refer to as of "particular delicacy."
(a) The public opinion for Damerel.
(b) Aubrey's emotional state.
(c) Venetia's social standing.
(d) Muscle injuries.
2. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
(a) That he would be surprised if she ever got married.
(b) To take her inheritance and go to London.
(c) That it would make him happy if she married Damerel.
(d) That she should encourage Yardley's affections.
3. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
(a) By treating him like a normal boy.
(b) By offering Aubrey free use of his library.
(c) By speaking well of Venetia.
(d) By saying he respected Aubrey's father.
4. What does Damerel scold Aubrey for in Chapter 4?
(a) Trespassing on his estate.
(b) Not using good judgment.
(c) Going out in bad weather.
(d) Riding a horse.
5. How does Venetia feel when she is busy in Chapter 16?
(c) Almost content.
(d) Like she is wasting her time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
2. In what manner is Damerel's letter to Venetia written?
3. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
4. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)