|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
(a) Slap Venetia.
(c) Trip over a rake.
(d) Kisses Venetia.
2. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
(a) A rival.
(b) A friend.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A beau.
3. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
(a) Venetia's flirtatiousness.
(b) Oswald's father.
(c) Being away from London.
(d) Damerel's actions with Venetia.
4. What does Venetia bring with her to the Priory in Chapter 5?
5. How does Mrs. Hendred know about Venetia's relationship with Damerel?
(a) Venetia spoke his name in her sleep.
(b) Oswald mentioned it to her.
(c) Lady Denny wrote her a letter.
(d) Damerel sent a letter to Venetia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
2. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
3. Who is Marston?
4. What does Oswald seek from Damerel when he intercepts him on the way home in Chapter 9?
5. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)