|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Venetia to feel depressed in Chapter 16?
(a) The sudden appearance of Yardley.
(b) Having no female friends her own age.
(c) Thinking of Damerel.
(d) A letter from Mrs. Denny.
2. What does Venetia bring with her to the Priory in Chapter 5?
3. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
(a) To the lavatory.
(b) Back home.
(c) Into the garden.
(d) The dining room.
4. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
(a) By treating him like a normal boy.
(b) By offering Aubrey free use of his library.
(c) By speaking well of Venetia.
(d) By saying he respected Aubrey's father.
5. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
(a) To take her inheritance and go to London.
(b) That it would make him happy if she married Damerel.
(c) That he would be surprised if she ever got married.
(d) That she should encourage Yardley's affections.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
2. What does Oswald seek from Damerel when he intercepts him on the way home in Chapter 9?
3. What does Damerel scold Aubrey for in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
5. What is one of the things Aubrey and Damerel discussed while Venetia was away?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)