|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia find that she enjoys doing in Chapter 16?
(a) Attending the opera.
(b) Going to tea houses.
(c) Dressing up in new London styles.
(d) Visiting art galleries.
2. What disturbs Mrs. Hendred about Venetia's conduct?
(a) That she lacks table manners.
(b) That she goes out without attendants.
(c) That she cannot dance.
(d) That she gossips.
3. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
(a) By offering Aubrey free use of his library.
(b) By treating him like a normal boy.
(c) By saying he respected Aubrey's father.
(d) By speaking well of Venetia.
4. What does Aubrey value which Venetia doesn't want to trespass on in Chapter 4?
(a) His independence.
(b) His exercise.
(c) His religious beliefs.
5. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
(a) Report him to the authorities.
(b) Have Damerel challenge him to a duel.
(c) Break off their engagement.
(d) Tell his father what he did.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
2. How does Mrs. Hendred know about Venetia's relationship with Damerel?
3. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
4. How does Venetia feel when she awakes in Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of Conway's new wife?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)