|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He did not come home for lunch.
(b) His dog returns alone.
(c) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
(d) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
2. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
(a) Being away from London.
(b) Oswald's father.
(c) Damerel's actions with Venetia.
(d) Venetia's flirtatiousness.
3. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
(a) He gossiped about her in the village.
(b) He hasn't tried to contact her.
(c) He insulted her.
(d) For his behavior toward Mrs. Denny.
4. What disturbs Mrs. Hendred about Venetia's conduct?
(a) That she gossips.
(b) That she cannot dance.
(c) That she goes out without attendants.
(d) That she lacks table manners.
5. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
(a) With shock.
(b) With irritation.
(c) With good manners.
(d) With sarcastic replies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hendred know about Venetia's relationship with Damerel?
2. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
3. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
4. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
5. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)