|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hendred think about Yardley as possible husband for Venetia?
(a) She likes him. but doesn't think he's a good match for Venetia.
(b) She suspects he is penniless.
(c) She disapproves of his arrogance.
(d) She approves of and encourages him.
2. Where does Damerel take Aubrey in Chapter 10?
3. Who is Marston?
(a) The vicar.
(b) Damerel's servant.
(c) Oswald's friend.
(d) A squire.
4. What does Lady Denny worry about once she realizes that Venetia loves Damerel?
(a) That Venetia will run away to be with him.
(b) That Venetia will lose her inheritance.
(c) That they might marry.
(d) That Conway will disown her.
5. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
(a) Missing the mail.
(b) The weather.
(c) Venetia wearing current fashions.
(d) Making Venetia a good marriage match.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald seek from Damerel when he intercepts him on the way home in Chapter 9?
2. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
3. What does Yardley refer to as of "particular delicacy."
4. Why does Yardley go to London?
5. How does Venetia feel when she awakes in Chapter 5?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)