|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
(a) Tell his father what he did.
(b) Have Damerel challenge him to a duel.
(c) Break off their engagement.
(d) Report him to the authorities.
2. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
(b) Trip over a rake.
(c) Slap Venetia.
(d) Kisses Venetia.
3. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His dog returns alone.
(b) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
(c) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
(d) He did not come home for lunch.
4. What does Venetia bring with her to the Priory in Chapter 5?
5. What does Lady Denny worry about once she realizes that Venetia loves Damerel?
(a) That Conway will disown her.
(b) That Venetia will lose her inheritance.
(c) That they might marry.
(d) That Venetia will run away to be with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald away?
2. Why is Venetia unable to sleep during her London trip in Chapter 16?
3. What does Venetia realize about Damerel's feelings in Chapter 17?
4. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
5. What causes Venetia to feel depressed in Chapter 16?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)