|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
(a) He asks him to fetch medicine from the village.
(b) He implies that Venetia will be leaving.
(c) He asks him to go.
(d) He offers him lunch.
2. Who is Mrs. Scorrier?
(a) Conway's mother-in-law.
(b) Damerel's aunt.
(c) Undershaw's new housekeeper.
(d) Conway's wife's nurse.
3. What causes Venetia to feel depressed in Chapter 16?
(a) Thinking of Damerel.
(b) Having no female friends her own age.
(c) The sudden appearance of Yardley.
(d) A letter from Mrs. Denny.
4. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
(b) He did not come home for lunch.
(c) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
(d) His dog returns alone.
5. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
(a) The weather.
(b) Making Venetia a good marriage match.
(c) Missing the mail.
(d) Venetia wearing current fashions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
2. Where do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald?
3. How does Mrs. Hendred know about Venetia's relationship with Damerel?
4. What does Venetia find that she enjoys doing in Chapter 16?
5. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)