|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pagnell do to Alyx to avenge his ego?
2. What is the name of Alyx's and Raine's newborn?
3. What does Roger wish to find out from Alyx at the fair?
4. What does Raine tell Alyx that they will do on the day of their reunion?
5. Where does Alyx volunteer while staying with Judith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of reception does Alyx receive when she returns to the camp?
2. What news does Alyx learn of the Montgomerys?
3. Who does Alyx meet at the wedding and what does Alyx think of this person?
4. What does Pagnell do to Alyx at the wedding?
5. Who pulls Alyx out of the crowd at the fair and why does he do this?
6. What misunderstandings had the king believed?
7. When Alyx realizes that she has been very selfish throughout her life, what does she do?
8. What happens in November, and how does it affect Alyx?
9. What does Alyx discover after leaving the camp, and what is her reaction this news?
10. Is the end of the novel a happy ending?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Alyx and Raine. What challenges and struggles do they face? How do they meet? Do they get along well? If not, what is causing conflict between them? What are some of the ups and downs they experience? Does their relationship end on a happy note at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the antagonist of the novel, Pagnell? Why is he the antagonist of the novel? What does he do to the protagonist, Alyx? What is his purpose in the novel? What are his defining character traits?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the novel Velvet Song. Was it a happy ending? What happens at the end? Are there any surprises or unanswered questions?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)