|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is King Henry grieving?
2. What does Raine tell Alyx that they will do on the day of their reunion?
3. Who married Bronwyn?
4. What does Rosamund yell from the crowd of spectators at the scene of the execution?
5. What does Pagnell decide to do with Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Roger Chatworth visit the camp?
2. Who does Alyx finally meet at the end of Chapter 14?
3. What happens when Alyx arrives at the monastery after a two-hour long journey?
4. When Alyx realizes that she has been very selfish throughout her life, what does she do?
5. Why does the king agree to pardon Raine?
6. What does Judith tell Alyx about the family feud after Alyx returns home from the fair?
7. What does Alyx notice in the moments before her execution?
8. What does the King demand that the Montgomerys do?
9. Why does Brian Chatworth come to the outlaw's camp?
10. What do Raine and Alyx do together at the fair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Alyx and Raine. What challenges and struggles do they face? How do they meet? Do they get along well? If not, what is causing conflict between them? What are some of the ups and downs they experience? Does their relationship end on a happy note at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of pride in the novel Velvet Song. Discuss Raine's pride and how it affects his relationships, particularly his relationship with Alyx.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the protagonist of the novel Velvet Song. What are Alyx's defining character traits? What struggles or obstacles does she face throughout the narrative? What do her main storylines deal with?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)