|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the outlaws feel when Alyx leaves the camp?
2. Where does Gavin go to talk to Miles?
3. Who finds Alyx guilty of the charges against her?
4. Who does Roger Chatworth tell Alyx he is when they first meet?
5. How does Alyx feel when she has not heard from Raine for two months?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Judith tell Alyx about the family feud after Alyx returns home from the fair?
2. Why does Brian Chatworth come to the outlaw's camp?
3. What do Raine and Alyx do together at the fair?
4. Who does Alyx finally meet at the end of Chapter 14?
5. When Alyx realizes that she has been very selfish throughout her life, what does she do?
6. Why does Roger Chatworth visit the camp?
7. Who does Alyx meet at the wedding and what does Alyx think of this person?
8. Is the end of the novel a happy ending?
9. What happens in November, and how does it affect Alyx?
10. Why does the king agree to pardon Raine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of jealousy in the novel Velvet Song. Which character(s) express jealousy in the novel? Why do they feel jealous? How do they convey their jealousy? Who or what are they jealous of? How does this jealousy affect their relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the secondary characters in the novel Velvet Song. Which characters are considered the secondary characters? What are their storylines? Are they important to the novel? If so, why? How do they relate to the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of the novel Velvet Song. What are the elements found in historical romantic fiction? Which of these elements can be found in the novel Velvet Song?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)