|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pagnell think that Roger Chatworth will kill Miles?
2. Why does the king begin to cry while meeting with Alyx?
3. Who arrives at the camp to accept Raine's challenge?
4. Where does Gavin go to talk to Miles?
5. Where does Alyx volunteer while staying with Judith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What misunderstandings had the king believed?
2. What news does Alyx learn of the Montgomerys?
3. What happens during the fight between Roger and Raine?
4. What does Gavin and Judith ask Alyx to do to bring Raine back home for good?
5. What happens when Alyx arrives at the monastery after a two-hour long journey?
6. Is the end of the novel a happy ending?
7. What does the King demand that the Montgomerys do?
8. When Alyx realizes that she has been very selfish throughout her life, what does she do?
9. Who does Alyx finally meet at the end of Chapter 14?
10. Why does the king agree to pardon Raine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the male lead of the novel, Raine Montgomery. What are his defining character traits? Describe his relationships with the other characters in the novel. What struggles or obstacles does he face throughout the narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Montgomery-Chatworth feud. Which characters are involved in this feud? How did the feud start? Does it end by the conclusion of the novel? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of the novel Velvet Song. What are the elements found in historical romantic fiction? Which of these elements can be found in the novel Velvet Song?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)