|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the fair, what do Raine and Alyx buy?
2. Why does Alyx berate Raine in Chapter 20?
3. Where does Raine tell Alyx to go?
4. Due to her happiness, what has Alyx forgotten to warn Raine about?
5. What is the name of Alyx's and Raine's newborn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Alyx meet at the wedding and what does Alyx think of this person?
2. Is the end of the novel a happy ending?
3. Why does Brian Chatworth come to the outlaw's camp?
4. What does Alyx discover after leaving the camp, and what is her reaction this news?
5. What do Raine and Gavin do when Alyx tells them about Elizabeth and Miles?
6. When Alyx realizes that she has been very selfish throughout her life, what does she do?
7. What does Judith tell Alyx about the family feud after Alyx returns home from the fair?
8. What sort of reception does Alyx receive when she returns to the camp?
9. What happens when Alyx arrives at the monastery after a two-hour long journey?
10. Why does Roger Chatworth visit the camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of music in the novel Velvet Song. How has music influenced Alyx's life? How does it affect her as an adult? How does Alyx's music help her in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of jealousy in the novel Velvet Song. Which character(s) express jealousy in the novel? Why do they feel jealous? How do they convey their jealousy? Who or what are they jealous of? How does this jealousy affect their relationships?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of love conquers all. Why is this true of the novel Velvet Song?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)