|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gavin go to talk to Miles?
2. What does Raine instruct Joss to do at the execution scene?
3. Where does Raine tell Alyx to go?
4. What does Brian do to Raine?
5. Who accompanies Raine and Alyx to the fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Alyx arrives at the monastery after a two-hour long journey?
2. What sort of reception does Alyx receive when she returns to the camp?
3. What happens during the fight between Roger and Raine?
4. Who does Alyx finally meet at the end of Chapter 14?
5. What does Gavin and Judith ask Alyx to do to bring Raine back home for good?
6. What do Raine and Gavin do when Alyx tells them about Elizabeth and Miles?
7. Why does the king agree to pardon Raine?
8. What does the King demand that the Montgomerys do?
9. What does Alyx notice in the moments before her execution?
10. What misunderstandings had the king believed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of the novel Velvet Song. What are the elements found in historical romantic fiction? Which of these elements can be found in the novel Velvet Song?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of the novel Velvet Song, Jude Deveraux. Describe her background and her career as a writer. What genre does she typically write in? What has she achieved in her career? Is she respected in her field? What is known about her writing process? Can any connections be made between the plot of the novel and the author's life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of the novel Velvet Song. Where and when is the novel set? How does this affect the narrative? What role does the setting play in the novel? How much does the time period influence the events and actions that take place in the novel?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)