|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyx pour over Joss?
2. Who is Judith?
3. Who is Blanche?
4. How old is Alyx at the beginning of the novel?
5. What is Joss's full name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rosamund.
2. Why does Raine decide to continue with the lie of Alyx being a man even though he knows that Alyx is actual a woman?
3. What happens to Alyx when she is walking to practice one day?
4. What happens when Alyx and Raine go riding in the forest?
5. What news from Raine's family does he receive?
6. What happens when Raine tries to help steady Alyx after she stumbles off a horse?
7. How did Alyx discover her musical talents?
8. Why is Alyx worried about leaving the camp with Raine?
9. How has Alyx gained enemies at the camp?
10. Why does Alyx get into a disagreement with Blanche?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the challenges which the characters face in the novel Velvet Song. What or who is causing these challenges, and how do the characters overcome them? What is Deveraux's purpose for including these challenges?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of love conquers all. Why is this true of the novel Velvet Song?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the secondary characters in the novel Velvet Song. Which characters are considered the secondary characters? What are their storylines? Are they important to the novel? If so, why? How do they relate to the main characters?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)