|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raine learn of his sister Mary in an urgent letter?
2. How does Raine react when Alyx tries to touch his hair?
3. What do Alyx and Raine do for the first time while he is ill?
4. Who is Blanche?
5. What is a man convinced of when he grabs Alyx and attempts to search her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blanche tell Alyx about Joss's past?
2. What happens when Alyx and Raine go riding in the forest?
3. How has Alyx gained enemies at the camp?
4. How did Alyx discover her musical talents?
5. What does Pagnell's servant tell Alyx she must do so no one will recognize her?
6. How does Alyx do at learning how to ride a horse?
7. What does Raine find out from an urgent letter that arrives at the camp?
8. What happens when Alyx is watching over Raine one night while he is in a feverish state?
9. What happens when Raine tries to help steady Alyx after she stumbles off a horse?
10. What news from Raine's family does he receive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of jealousy in the novel Velvet Song. Which character(s) express jealousy in the novel? Why do they feel jealous? How do they convey their jealousy? Who or what are they jealous of? How does this jealousy affect their relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of the novel Velvet Song, Jude Deveraux. Describe her background and her career as a writer. What genre does she typically write in? What has she achieved in her career? Is she respected in her field? What is known about her writing process? Can any connections be made between the plot of the novel and the author's life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Montgomery-Chatworth feud. Which characters are involved in this feud? How did the feud start? Does it end by the conclusion of the novel? If so, how?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)