|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the camp members insist must happen to Alyx because of her supposed crime?
2. Why does Alyx become jealous of Judith?
3. What does Alyx think of this plan?
4. What does Alyx contemplate doing to prevent any danger coming to Raine?
5. Who does Raine ask for while in a deep sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Raine react when he finds Joss and Alyx in bed together?
2. How does Alyx try to stop Raine from killing Roger?
3. What happens to Alyx when she is walking to practice one day?
4. What news from Raine's family does he receive?
5. What do the group at the camp accuse Alyx of?
6. How does Alyx react when she finds out that Raine is aware that she is a woman?
7. How did Alyx discover her musical talents?
8. What happens when Alyx and Raine go riding in the forest?
9. What happens when Alyx is watching over Raine one night while he is in a feverish state?
10. After hearing Alyx's reason for pouring water on Joss, how does Raine react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of music in the novel Velvet Song. How has music influenced Alyx's life? How does it affect her as an adult? How does Alyx's music help her in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of revenge in the novel Velvet Song. Who seeks revenge? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the challenges which the characters face in the novel Velvet Song. What or who is causing these challenges, and how do the characters overcome them? What is Deveraux's purpose for including these challenges?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)