|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While training Alyx, what is Raine shocked by?
2. What has king Henry declared Raine?
3. Who is Blanche?
4. What does Alyx think of this plan?
5. How does Alyx disguise herself when she goes into hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alyx discover her musical talents?
2. How does Alyx try to stop Raine from killing Roger?
3. What does Pagnell's servant tell Alyx she must do so no one will recognize her?
4. What plan does Joss and Alyx come up with to stop Raine from leaving the camp?
5. Who do Joss and Alyx say goodbye to before leaving the camp?
6. After hearing Alyx's reason for pouring water on Joss, how does Raine react?
7. What happens when Raine tries to help steady Alyx after she stumbles off a horse?
8. What does Raine admit to Joss when he awakes from his feverish state? What does Joss admit to Raine?
9. What does Raine find out from an urgent letter that arrives at the camp?
10. Describe Rosamund.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the antagonist of the novel, Pagnell? Why is he the antagonist of the novel? What does he do to the protagonist, Alyx? What is his purpose in the novel? What are his defining character traits?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of music in the novel Velvet Song. How has music influenced Alyx's life? How does it affect her as an adult? How does Alyx's music help her in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of the novel Velvet Song. What are the elements found in historical romantic fiction? Which of these elements can be found in the novel Velvet Song?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)