|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyx do quickly before Raine returns to the tent?
2. Who is Judith?
3. How many years does Alyx study music intensely?
4. When Raine enters the tent again, what does he vow to do to Joss?
5. What does Alyx do while Raine bathes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blanche tell Alyx about Joss's past?
2. What do Joss, Rosamund, and Alyx do while Raine battles his injuries?
3. How does Alyx help Raine while at the camp?
4. What plan does Joss and Alyx come up with to stop Raine from leaving the camp?
5. How does Alyx react when she finds out that Raine is aware that she is a woman?
6. How does Alyx try to stop Raine from killing Roger?
7. Why does Raine decide to continue with the lie of Alyx being a man even though he knows that Alyx is actual a woman?
8. How did Alyx discover her musical talents?
9. Who do Joss and Alyx say goodbye to before leaving the camp?
10. What happens when Raine tries to help steady Alyx after she stumbles off a horse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel Velvet Song. Where and when is the novel set? How does this affect the narrative? What role does the setting play in the novel? How much does the time period influence the events and actions that take place in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of music in the novel Velvet Song. How has music influenced Alyx's life? How does it affect her as an adult? How does Alyx's music help her in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of jealousy in the novel Velvet Song. Which character(s) express jealousy in the novel? Why do they feel jealous? How do they convey their jealousy? Who or what are they jealous of? How does this jealousy affect their relationships?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)