|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Raine and Alyx do by the river after they fight?
2. How does Raine react when Alyx tries to touch his hair?
3. How does Raine react to Alyx's lie in the tent?
4. What does Pagnell proclaim Alyx is wanted for?
5. What do Raine and Alyx have to make plans to do after Alyx is accused by the mob?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Alyx meet at the wedding and what does Alyx think of this person?
2. What do the group at the camp accuse Alyx of?
3. How does Alyx react when she finds out that Raine is aware that she is a woman?
4. What does Judith tell Alyx about the family feud after Alyx returns home from the fair?
5. What does Raine admit to Joss when he awakes from his feverish state? What does Joss admit to Raine?
6. What happens when Raine tells Alyx that they must bathe?
7. What news from Raine's family does he receive?
8. What lies does Alyx tell Raine to make the adulterous situation more believable?
9. What sort of reception does Alyx receive when she returns to the camp?
10. After hearing Alyx's reason for pouring water on Joss, how does Raine react?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of misunderstandings in the novel Velvet Song. What misunderstandings take place throughout the narrative? What causes these misunderstandings? What problems do these cause, particularly between Alyx and Raine? How do these misunderstandings get cleared up?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the antagonist of the novel, Pagnell? Why is he the antagonist of the novel? What does he do to the protagonist, Alyx? What is his purpose in the novel? What are his defining character traits?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the protagonist of the novel Velvet Song. What are Alyx's defining character traits? What struggles or obstacles does she face throughout the narrative? What do her main storylines deal with?
This section contains 1,389 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)