|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alyx try to make peace with the camp?
2. What does Alyx think of Raine's physical appearance?
3. When Raine enters the tent again, what does he vow to do to Joss?
4. While training Alyx, what is Raine shocked by?
5. After reprimanding Alyx, who does Raine ask her to write a letter to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Raine decide to continue with the lie of Alyx being a man even though he knows that Alyx is actual a woman?
2. Describe Raine.
3. What happens when Raine tells Alyx that they must bathe?
4. What happens when Alyx is watching over Raine one night while he is in a feverish state?
5. How has Alyx gained enemies at the camp?
6. What does Raine find out from an urgent letter that arrives at the camp?
7. Why does Alyx get into a disagreement with Blanche?
8. What happens while Alyx is at the river working on her first task?
9. What plan does Joss and Alyx come up with to stop Raine from leaving the camp?
10. What does Pagnell do after Alyx gets away from him and his men on horseback?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the secondary characters in the novel Velvet Song. Which characters are considered the secondary characters? What are their storylines? Are they important to the novel? If so, why? How do they relate to the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the challenges which the characters face in the novel Velvet Song. What or who is causing these challenges, and how do the characters overcome them? What is Deveraux's purpose for including these challenges?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Alyx's character growth. How does her character at the beginning of the novel compare to her character at the end of the novel? How and why is she able to grow?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)