|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raine instruct Joss to do at the execution scene?
(a) Burn the estate down.
(b) Cut Alyx free.
(c) Give Alyx a knife.
(d) Kill Pagnell.
2. Where does Alyx send Catherine until Christmas?
(a) To a care facility.
(b) To the king's court.
(c) To her village.
(d) To Raine.
3. Who does Alyx defend in front of Roger at the fair?
(b) The outlaws.
4. How long does it take Raine to recover from Brian's attack on him?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Four days.
(d) One week.
5. Who is Joan?
(a) Alyx's friend from her village.
(b) Stephan's wife.
(c) Judith's lady maid.
(d) Raine's mistress from his past.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alyx feel at the beginning of Chapter 22 after a few weeks of being home?
2. What is the only thing that can soothe the king?
3. What does Elizabeth do to Pagnell when he kisses her?
4. How does Alyx feel after the birth of her baby?
5. Why does the king begin to cry while meeting with Alyx?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King demand that the Montgomerys do?
2. What does Alyx discover after leaving the camp, and what is her reaction this news?
3. Who pulls Alyx out of the crowd at the fair and why does he do this?
4. What does Pagnell do to Alyx at the wedding?
5. Is the end of the novel a happy ending?
6. Who does Alyx meet at the wedding and what does Alyx think of this person?
7. What do Raine and Gavin do when Alyx tells them about Elizabeth and Miles?
8. Why does Roger Chatworth visit the camp?
9. When Alyx realizes that she has been very selfish throughout her life, what does she do?
10. Why does Brian Chatworth come to the outlaw's camp?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)