|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth do to Pagnell when he kisses her?
(a) Elizabeth tries to have him arrested.
(b) Elizabeth faints.
(c) Elizabeth kicks and punches Pagnell.
(d) Elizabeth stabs Pagnell.
2. Who does Alyx meet at a rich lord's wedding?
(b) An old friend from her village.
(c) Roger's sister.
(d) Joss' old boss.
3. What does Alyx beg Raine not to do at the fair?
(a) Leave her alone.
(b) Return to the camp.
(c) Forgive Roger.
(d) Kill Roger.
4. What does Alyx decide about Catherine's situation?
(a) That she should be raised religiously.
(b) That she is a very intelligent girl despite her surroundings.
(c) That she should not suffer because of her parent's feud.
(d) That she has silly parents.
5. How does Alyx feel after the birth of her baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyx not like about the large group of people at the fair?
2. What does Pagnell deduce about Alyx's baby?
3. What does Pagnell do to Alyx to avenge his ego?
4. Who accompanies Raine and Alyx to the fair?
5. What does Alyx discover after leaving the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Alyx realizes that she has been very selfish throughout her life, what does she do?
2. How do the convicts react when Alyx leaves the camp?
3. What does Gavin and Judith ask Alyx to do to bring Raine back home for good?
4. What happens in November, and how does it affect Alyx?
5. What do Raine and Gavin do when Alyx tells them about Elizabeth and Miles?
6. Who does Alyx finally meet at the end of Chapter 14?
7. Is the end of the novel a happy ending?
8. What does Pagnell do to Alyx at the wedding?
9. What sort of reception does Alyx receive when she returns to the camp?
10. What happens when Alyx arrives at the monastery after a two-hour long journey?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)