|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the king begin to cry while meeting with Alyx?
(a) He is moved by her voice.
(b) He has never seen a more beautiful woman.
(c) She reminds him of his daughter.
(d) She reminds him of his wife.
2. Who arrives at the camp to accept Raine's challenge?
(a) Roger Chatworth.
(c) Brian Chatworth.
3. What does Pagnell decide to do with Elizabeth?
(a) Pagnell decides to take her as his mistress.
(b) Pagnell decides to have Elizabeth arrested.
(c) Pagnell decides to bring her body to Miles in a wooden box.
(d) Pagnell decides to give Elizabeth as a "present" to Miles.
4. Who does this laughing visitor take an instant liking to?
5. Who dies in Alyx's arms after the challenge match?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King demand that Raine do?
2. How does Pagnell plan to collect the ransom for both Raine and Alyx?
3. What tragedy occurs at the school that Alyx opens?
4. Who is Joan?
5. Where does Alyx send Catherine until Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the king agree to pardon Raine?
2. How do the convicts react when Alyx leaves the camp?
3. What does Pagnell do to Alyx at the wedding?
4. What does Judith tell Alyx about the family feud after Alyx returns home from the fair?
5. Who does Alyx finally meet at the end of Chapter 14?
6. Why does Raine feel betrayed by Alyx at the fair?
7. What does the King demand that the Montgomerys do?
8. What does Alyx notice in the moments before her execution?
9. Who does Alyx meet at the wedding and what does Alyx think of this person?
10. What do Raine and Gavin do when Alyx tells them about Elizabeth and Miles?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)