|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king request of Alyx in return for granting her favor?
(a) To become his mistress until he finds a wife.
(b) To allow her portrait to be painted.
(c) To become his nurse until he finds someone permanent.
(d) To remain at his palace for a week.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 12, how many months have passed since Alyx left the camp?
(a) Five months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Four months.
3. Who is Joan?
(a) Alyx's friend from her village.
(b) Raine's mistress from his past.
(c) Judith's lady maid.
(d) Stephan's wife.
4. Why does Alyx agree to go with Pagnell when they see each other at the wedding?
(a) Alyx desires the money which he offers her.
(b) Alyx agrees because she has nowhere else to go.
(c) Alyx agrees so that Joss will not be harmed.
(d) Alyx agrees because Pagnell offers to bring Raine to her.
5. How does Pagnell plan to collect the ransom for both Raine and Alyx?
(a) Pagnell plans to trick both Raine and Alyx into coming forth to save each other.
(b) Pagnell will accept an equal amount paid from Alyx and Raine.
(c) Pagnell plans to pretend that Miles is Raine and hand in Alyx and Miles.
(d) Pagnell plans to kidnap Alyx and wait for Raine to save her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raine instruct Joss to do at the execution scene?
2. What does Alyx not like about the large group of people at the fair?
3. How does Alyx feel when she has not heard from Raine for two months?
4. What does Judith try to explain to Alyx after the fair?
5. After riding for two hours, where do Joss and Alyx arrive?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)