|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alyx decide about Catherine's situation?
(a) That she should be raised religiously.
(b) That she should not suffer because of her parent's feud.
(c) That she has silly parents.
(d) That she is a very intelligent girl despite her surroundings.
2. Why does Alyx berate Raine in Chapter 20?
(a) For lying to her.
(b) For being judgmental.
(c) For acting selfish.
(d) For being so pigheaded.
3. What does Pagnell deduce about Alyx's baby?
(a) That it is Joss'.
(b) That it is his baby.
(c) That it is Raine's.
(d) That it is Miles' baby.
4. After riding for two hours, where do Joss and Alyx arrive?
(a) A small cottage in the forest.
(b) The camp.
(c) Alyx's village.
(d) A monastery.
5. What does Raine instruct Joss to do at the execution scene?
(a) Give Alyx a knife.
(b) Kill Pagnell.
(c) Cut Alyx free.
(d) Burn the estate down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pagnell think that Roger Chatworth will kill Miles?
2. What tragedy occurs at the school that Alyx opens?
3. Where does Gavin go to talk to Miles?
4. How does Pagnell plan to collect the ransom for both Raine and Alyx?
5. What do Gavin and Judith ask Alyx to do for Raine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Judith tell Alyx about the family feud after Alyx returns home from the fair?
2. What does Alyx notice in the moments before her execution?
3. What do Raine and Alyx do together at the fair?
4. What happens during the fight between Roger and Raine?
5. What does the King demand that the Montgomerys do?
6. When Alyx realizes that she has been very selfish throughout her life, what does she do?
7. Is the end of the novel a happy ending?
8. Why does Raine feel betrayed by Alyx at the fair?
9. How do the convicts react when Alyx leaves the camp?
10. What news does Alyx learn of the Montgomerys?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)