|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Alyx help Raine at the camp?
(a) Alyx makes him a special tea every night.
(b) Alyx listens to the camp gossip and reports it to him.
(c) Alyx reads and writes Raine's letters.
(d) Alyx massages his injured leg.
2. What is Alyx doing when she meets Joss?
(a) Alyx is riding a horse.
(b) Alyx is singing.
(c) Alyx is napping.
(d) Alyx is bathing.
3. Who secures Alyx new position as a squire?
(a) Pagnell's servant.
(b) The priest.
(c) A friend.
(d) A royal guard.
4. What do Raine and Alyx do by the river after they fight?
(a) Have a picnic.
(c) Make love.
5. What does Alyx think of Raine's physical appearance?
(a) He is repulsive.
(b) He is tall and muscular.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is sickly looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is the novel set in?
2. What does Alyx think of this plan?
3. What does Alyx contemplate doing to prevent any danger coming to Raine?
4. What does Raine admit to Joss after Raine wakes up from his illness?
5. Whose household was Joss a musician in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raine find out from an urgent letter that arrives at the camp?
2. How does Alyx help Raine while at the camp?
3. How does Alyx try to stop Raine from killing Roger?
4. What does Pagnell's servant tell Alyx she must do so no one will recognize her?
5. What does Pagnell do after Alyx gets away from him and his men on horseback?
6. Where does Alyx go after fleeing from Pagnell and his men who broke into her house?
7. What happens when Alyx and Raine go riding in the forest?
8. Why is Alyx worried about leaving the camp with Raine?
9. What happens when Raine tells Alyx that they must bathe?
10. What lies does Alyx tell Raine to make the adulterous situation more believable?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)