|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alyx contemplate doing to prevent any danger coming to Raine?
(a) Alyx contemplates fighting his enemies.
(b) Alyx contemplates running away.
(c) Alyx contemplates commiting suicide.
(d) Alyx contemplates breaking up with him.
2. How does Alyx do at learning to ride a horse?
(a) She learns after a great deal of effort.
(b) She gives up after only a few minutes.
(c) She learns very quickly.
(d) She is unsuccessful.
3. Who attacks Raine after he kisses Anne?
(a) A guard.
(b) A drunkard.
4. Who secures Alyx new position as a squire?
(a) A friend.
(b) Pagnell's servant.
(c) A royal guard.
(d) The priest.
5. What does Alyx do when Raine helps her from a horse?
(a) Alyx calls him a brute.
(b) Alyx attacks Raine with her dagger.
(c) Alyx kisses Raine on the cheek.
(d) Alyx faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alyx react to Raine's order when he awakes?
2. What does the camp insist Alyx has done?
3. What do Raine and Alyx do by the river after they fight?
4. Who does Alyx persuade Raine to write letters to for guidance?
5. What does Alyx pour over Joss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Raine tells Alyx that they must bathe?
2. How does Raine react when he finds Joss and Alyx in bed together?
3. Describe the protagonist of the novel.
4. How has Alyx gained enemies at the camp?
5. What news from Raine's family does he receive?
6. What do Joss, Rosamund, and Alyx do while Raine battles his injuries?
7. How does Alyx help Raine while at the camp?
8. What lies does Alyx tell Raine to make the adulterous situation more believable?
9. How does Alyx try to stop Raine from killing Roger?
10. Why is Alyx worried about leaving the camp with Raine?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)