|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attacks Raine after he kisses Anne?
(c) A drunkard.
(d) A guard.
2. What does Raine admit to Alyx in Chapter 9?
(a) That he has a child.
(b) That he is leaving the camp.
(c) That he has been in love with her since they met.
(d) That he knows that she is a woman.
3. Who is Judith?
(a) Raine's sister.
(b) Raine's sister-in-law.
(c) Raine's old flame.
(d) Raine's cousin.
4. What does the camp insist Alyx has done?
(a) They insist that Alyx has poisoned one of the outlaws.
(b) They insist that Alyx has hexed them.
(c) They insist that Alyx has not finished her duties.
(d) They insist that Alyx has stolen from them.
5. What family is Raine's family feuding with?
(a) The Montgomerys.
(b) The Chatworths.
(c) The Laings.
(d) The Blacketts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alyx do at learning to ride a horse?
2. What does Alyx do when Raine helps her from a horse?
3. Who does Alyx summon to tend to Raine's sword wound in Chapter 7?
4. What year is the novel set in?
5. What does Alyx pour over Joss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rosamund.
2. How does Raine react when he finds Joss and Alyx in bed together?
3. What does Alyx notice in the moments before her execution?
4. What news does Alyx learn of the Montgomerys?
5. What happens during the fight between Roger and Raine?
6. What do the group at the camp accuse Alyx of?
7. Who do Joss and Alyx say goodbye to before leaving the camp?
8. What happens to Alyx when she is walking to practice one day?
9. What happens when Raine tries to help steady Alyx after she stumbles off a horse?
10. What happens while Alyx is at the river working on her first task?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)