|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the man who attacks Raine?
(a) The man runs into the forest.
(b) Raine kills him.
(c) The man is forgiven.
(d) Raine arrests him.
2. What will happen if Raine returns to England?
(a) Raine will lose his fortune.
(b) Raine will become a social misfit.
(c) Raine will be kidnapped.
(d) Raine will be imprisoned and killed.
3. What plan does Joss come up with to avoid Raine facing danger?
(a) To move to a deserted island where they can not be found.
(b) To kidnap Raine until Alyx has left.
(c) Convincing Raine that Joss and Alyx are having an affair.
(d) To train the outlaws to fight Raine's enemies.
4. Who will do this to Raine if he returns to England?
(a) The king.
(b) His family.
(c) The Chatworths.
(d) The aristocracy.
5. What is Raine's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyx catch Blanche doing after Raine falls asleep in Chapter 8?
2. When Alyx insists this fact at the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Raine do?
3. What family is Raine's family feuding with?
4. According to an urgent letter, who has escaped from Roger Chatworth?
5. What is Raine's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the protagonist of the novel.
2. Why does Alyx get into a disagreement with Blanche?
3. What happens when Raine tells Alyx that they must bathe?
4. How does Alyx help Raine while at the camp?
5. What happens when Raine tries to help steady Alyx after she stumbles off a horse?
6. What does Raine find out from an urgent letter that arrives at the camp?
7. What do Joss, Rosamund, and Alyx do while Raine battles his injuries?
8. Describe Rosamund.
9. How does Alyx do at learning how to ride a horse?
10. What happens when Alyx is watching over Raine one night while he is in a feverish state?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)