|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is the novel set in?
2. What will happen if Raine returns to England?
(a) Raine will be kidnapped.
(b) Raine will be imprisoned and killed.
(c) Raine will become a social misfit.
(d) Raine will lose his fortune.
3. Whose household was Joss a musician in?
(a) The king's.
(c) Alice Chatworth's.
4. When Raine enters the tent again, what does he vow to do to Joss?
(a) Obey him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Forgive him.
(d) Promote him.
5. What family is Raine's family feuding with?
(a) The Blacketts.
(b) The Montgomerys.
(c) The Laings.
(d) The Chatworths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyx try to convince Joss to do to the person they say goodbye to?
2. What does the camp insist Alyx has done?
3. Why does Alyx become jealous of Judith?
4. What does Alyx think of Raine's physical appearance?
5. Who is in love with Joss?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alyx discover her musical talents?
2. What does Blanche tell Alyx about Joss's past?
3. What does Raine find out from an urgent letter that arrives at the camp?
4. What plan does Joss and Alyx come up with to stop Raine from leaving the camp?
5. Describe Rosamund.
6. What happens when Alyx is watching over Raine one night while he is in a feverish state?
7. What does Pagnell's servant tell Alyx she must do so no one will recognize her?
8. What happens when Alyx and Raine go riding in the forest?
9. What do the group at the camp accuse Alyx of?
10. How does Alyx react when she finds out that Raine is aware that she is a woman?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)