|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to her happiness, what has Alyx forgotten to warn Raine about?
(a) Pagnell's plan to kill Raine.
(b) A disturbing premonition she had.
(c) Her pregnancy.
(d) The situation with Miles and Elizabeth.
2. How does Pagnell plan to collect the ransom for both Raine and Alyx?
(a) Pagnell plans to kidnap Alyx and wait for Raine to save her.
(b) Pagnell will accept an equal amount paid from Alyx and Raine.
(c) Pagnell plans to trick both Raine and Alyx into coming forth to save each other.
(d) Pagnell plans to pretend that Miles is Raine and hand in Alyx and Miles.
3. What happens when Alyx tries to write letters to Raine in Chapter 18?
(a) Alyx's letters are returned unopened.
(b) She doesn't know what to write.
(c) She cannot find anyone willing to take mail to the camp.
(d) Alyx decides to burn them instead.
4. How does Alyx feel at the beginning of Chapter 22 after a few weeks of being home?
5. Why does Roger's brother want to fight him?
(a) Roger has stolen a small fortune from him.
(b) To avenge Bronwyn.
(c) To avenge Mary.
(d) Roger has tried to take away his land and inheritance.
6. Who has Miles agreed to marry?
7. Who does this laughing visitor take an instant liking to?
8. Where does Alyx send Catherine until Christmas?
(a) To a care facility.
(b) To the king's court.
(c) To Raine.
(d) To her village.
9. What does Pagnell decide to do with Elizabeth?
(a) Pagnell decides to take her as his mistress.
(b) Pagnell decides to bring her body to Miles in a wooden box.
(c) Pagnell decides to give Elizabeth as a "present" to Miles.
(d) Pagnell decides to have Elizabeth arrested.
10. How long does it take Raine to recover from Brian's attack on him?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Ten days.
(c) One week.
(d) Four days.
11. What does Pagnell do to Alyx to avenge his ego?
(a) Pagnell forces himself on her.
(b) Pagnell locks Alyx up in the castle's dungeons.
(c) Pagnell declares that he will kill Raine.
(d) Pagnell ruins her singing voice by stabbing her windpipe.
12. Who is Alyx introduced to at the end of Chapter 15?
13. What has Alyx lost as a result of the execution drama?
(a) Her baby.
(b) Her mother's locket.
(c) Her peace of mind.
(d) Her voice.
14. At the end of Chapter 19, why does Alyx storm away angrily from Raine?
(a) Raine insinuates that Alyx had tried to gain Roger's affections.
(b) Raine lied to Alyx about his past.
(c) Alyx believes that Raine is commiting adultery.
(d) Raine tries to force himself on her.
15. How does Raine react to this acceptance of the challenge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pagnell think that Roger Chatworth will kill Miles?
2. Who dies in Alyx's arms after the challenge match?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 12, how many months have passed since Alyx left the camp?
4. Why do Raine's men prevent Alyx from following Raine from the fair?
5. Who was dressed up as a guard at the execution?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)