|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pagnell do to Alyx to avenge his ego?
(a) Pagnell declares that he will kill Raine.
(b) Pagnell ruins her singing voice by stabbing her windpipe.
(c) Pagnell locks Alyx up in the castle's dungeons.
(d) Pagnell forces himself on her.
2. What does the king request of Alyx in return for granting her favor?
(a) To become his mistress until he finds a wife.
(b) To become his nurse until he finds someone permanent.
(c) To remain at his palace for a week.
(d) To allow her portrait to be painted.
3. Where does Gavin go to talk to Miles?
4. After riding for two hours, where do Joss and Alyx arrive?
(a) The camp.
(b) A monastery.
(c) A small cottage in the forest.
(d) Alyx's village.
5. Where does Raine tell Alyx to go?
(a) Her village.
(b) Gavin's home.
(c) His family estate.
(d) To the king.
6. Why does Pagnell think that Roger Chatworth will kill Miles?
(a) Because Roger believes that Miles has taken Elizabeth as his mistress.
(b) Because Pagnell will tell Roger that Miles had her arrested.
(c) Because Miles will have deflowered Roger's sister.
(d) Because Pagnell will tell Roger that Miles has killed Elizabeth.
7. Who does Alyx meet at a rich lord's wedding?
(a) An old friend from her village.
(b) Joss' old boss.
(d) Roger's sister.
8. Who finds Alyx guilty of the charges against her?
(a) The public.
(b) Pagnell's cousins.
(d) The king.
9. What has Alyx lost as a result of the execution drama?
(a) Her peace of mind.
(b) Her baby.
(c) Her mother's locket.
(d) Her voice.
10. Who accompanies Raine and Alyx to the fair?
(a) Raine's men.
(b) A maid.
11. What happens when Alyx tries to write letters to Raine in Chapter 18?
(a) She cannot find anyone willing to take mail to the camp.
(b) Alyx decides to burn them instead.
(c) She doesn't know what to write.
(d) Alyx's letters are returned unopened.
12. Why does Roger's brother want to fight him?
(a) To avenge Bronwyn.
(b) Roger has stolen a small fortune from him.
(c) To avenge Mary.
(d) Roger has tried to take away his land and inheritance.
13. What does the King demand that Raine do?
(a) Disband his gang of outlaws.
(b) Pay him a hefty fine.
(c) Return to his court.
(d) Stay with his wife and their baby.
14. What does Alyx decide about Catherine's situation?
(a) That she is a very intelligent girl despite her surroundings.
(b) That she has silly parents.
(c) That she should not suffer because of her parent's feud.
(d) That she should be raised religiously.
15. Who does this laughing visitor take an instant liking to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the camp to accept Raine's challenge?
2. What do Joss and Alyx look for work as?
3. Who does Alyx defend in front of Roger at the fair?
4. What does Alyx do to try to gain the trust and friendship of the gang members?
5. Where does Alyx volunteer while staying with Judith?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)