|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alyx decide about Catherine's situation?
(a) That she should be raised religiously.
(b) That she is a very intelligent girl despite her surroundings.
(c) That she should not suffer because of her parent's feud.
(d) That she has silly parents.
2. Who does Alyx defend in front of Roger at the fair?
(d) The outlaws.
3. What is the name of Alyx's and Raine's newborn?
4. How does Alyx feel after the birth of her baby?
5. What does Pagnell do to Alyx to avenge his ego?
(a) Pagnell ruins her singing voice by stabbing her windpipe.
(b) Pagnell forces himself on her.
(c) Pagnell declares that he will kill Raine.
(d) Pagnell locks Alyx up in the castle's dungeons.
6. Who married Bronwyn?
7. Where does Gavin go to talk to Miles?
8. Why does Roger's brother want to fight him?
(a) Roger has tried to take away his land and inheritance.
(b) To avenge Bronwyn.
(c) To avenge Mary.
(d) Roger has stolen a small fortune from him.
9. Who arrives at the camp with a roar of laughter?
10. Who was dressed up as a guard at the execution?
11. Who does Roger Chatworth tell Alyx he is when they first meet?
(a) A friend of Judith's family.
(b) One of Raine's men.
(c) A salesman.
(d) Raine's brother.
12. What does King Henry ignore?
(a) A warrant for Alyx's arrest.
(b) A serious illness sweeping England.
(c) Raine's apology.
(d) Petitions from the Montgomerys.
13. How does Alyx feel while waiting outside of the king's chambers?
14. Why does Pagnell think that Roger Chatworth will kill Miles?
(a) Because Pagnell will tell Roger that Miles had her arrested.
(b) Because Pagnell will tell Roger that Miles has killed Elizabeth.
(c) Because Roger believes that Miles has taken Elizabeth as his mistress.
(d) Because Miles will have deflowered Roger's sister.
15. At the end of Chapter 19, why does Alyx storm away angrily from Raine?
(a) Raine lied to Alyx about his past.
(b) Raine insinuates that Alyx had tried to gain Roger's affections.
(c) Raine tries to force himself on her.
(d) Alyx believes that Raine is commiting adultery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judith try to explain to Alyx after the fair?
2. What does Raine instruct Joss to do at the execution scene?
3. Where does Alyx send Catherine until Christmas?
4. What does the King demand that Raine do?
5. Where does Raine tell Alyx to go?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)