|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raine pull Alyx closer to watch at the fair?
(a) A sporting event.
(b) A performance.
(c) Women bargaining.
(d) A fight.
2. How many days is Alyx kept prisoner by Pagnell?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Nine days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Eight days.
3. Who accompanies Raine and Alyx to the fair?
(b) A maid.
(d) Raine's men.
4. What does Alyx decide about Catherine's situation?
(a) That she should be raised religiously.
(b) That she is a very intelligent girl despite her surroundings.
(c) That she should not suffer because of her parent's feud.
(d) That she has silly parents.
5. What tragedy occurs at the school that Alyx opens?
(a) Alyx falls and breaks her legs.
(b) A child dies.
(c) The school burns down.
(d) Somebody steals all the school's funds.
6. Who was dressed up as a guard at the execution?
7. Who does Roger Chatworth tell Alyx he is when they first meet?
(a) Raine's brother.
(b) A friend of Judith's family.
(c) One of Raine's men.
(d) A salesman.
8. What does Rosamund yell from the crowd of spectators at the scene of the execution?
(a) "Raine is coming!"
(b) "Let me light the fire!"
(c) "Hurry up with it!"
(d) "Don't worry, Alyx!"
9. Who arrives at the camp with a roar of laughter?
10. Where does Alyx send Catherine until Christmas?
(a) To Raine.
(b) To her village.
(c) To the king's court.
(d) To a care facility.
11. At the end of Chapter 19, why does Alyx storm away angrily from Raine?
(a) Raine lied to Alyx about his past.
(b) Raine insinuates that Alyx had tried to gain Roger's affections.
(c) Raine tries to force himself on her.
(d) Alyx believes that Raine is commiting adultery.
12. Why does the king begin to cry while meeting with Alyx?
(a) She reminds him of his daughter.
(b) He has never seen a more beautiful woman.
(c) She reminds him of his wife.
(d) He is moved by her voice.
13. What does the King demand Miles do?
(a) Marry Elizabeth.
(b) Come to his court.
(c) Pay a hefty fine.
(d) Return Elizabeth.
14. What does Alyx accuse Roger of at the fair?
(a) Sending Raine into exile.
(b) Killing Mary.
(c) Killing her father.
(d) Impregnating Judith.
15. Why does Pagnell think that Roger Chatworth will kill Miles?
(a) Because Miles will have deflowered Roger's sister.
(b) Because Roger believes that Miles has taken Elizabeth as his mistress.
(c) Because Pagnell will tell Roger that Miles had her arrested.
(d) Because Pagnell will tell Roger that Miles has killed Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pagnell deduce about Alyx's baby?
2. What is the only thing that can soothe the king?
3. What does the King demand that Raine do?
4. Due to her happiness, what has Alyx forgotten to warn Raine about?
5. Where does Gavin go to talk to Miles?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)