|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King Henry ignore?
(a) Petitions from the Montgomerys.
(b) A serious illness sweeping England.
(c) Raine's apology.
(d) A warrant for Alyx's arrest.
2. Who does this laughing visitor take an instant liking to?
3. Why does the king begin to cry while meeting with Alyx?
(a) He is moved by her voice.
(b) He has never seen a more beautiful woman.
(c) She reminds him of his daughter.
(d) She reminds him of his wife.
4. Who was dressed up as a guard at the execution?
5. When Alyx went to the king, how did it make Raine feel?
(a) It hurt his pride.
(b) He was confused.
(c) It made him feel love.
(d) It made him feel jealous.
6. What does Alyx decide about Catherine's situation?
(a) That she should not suffer because of her parent's feud.
(b) That she should be raised religiously.
(c) That she is a very intelligent girl despite her surroundings.
(d) That she has silly parents.
7. How does the crowd act when it is time for Alyx's execution?
8. Who does Roger Chatworth tell Alyx he is when they first meet?
(a) One of Raine's men.
(b) Raine's brother.
(c) A friend of Judith's family.
(d) A salesman.
9. Who does Alyx defend in front of Roger at the fair?
(d) The outlaws.
10. Who has Miles agreed to marry?
11. Where does Alyx send Catherine until Christmas?
(a) To Raine.
(b) To a care facility.
(c) To her village.
(d) To the king's court.
12. While at the fair, what do Raine and Alyx buy?
(a) Gifts for the outlaws.
(b) A blanket for the baby.
(c) Food for their hosts.
(d) Materials to make gowns.
13. How many days is Alyx kept prisoner by Pagnell?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Nine days.
14. What does Raine pull Alyx closer to watch at the fair?
(a) A performance.
(b) A sporting event.
(c) Women bargaining.
(d) A fight.
15. Why does Pagnell think that Roger Chatworth will kill Miles?
(a) Because Pagnell will tell Roger that Miles had her arrested.
(b) Because Miles will have deflowered Roger's sister.
(c) Because Pagnell will tell Roger that Miles has killed Elizabeth.
(d) Because Roger believes that Miles has taken Elizabeth as his mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyx see in Raine's eyes when she finally sees him again in the forest?
2. Who finds Alyx guilty of the charges against her?
3. What does Judith try to explain to Alyx after the fair?
4. What do Gavin and Judith ask Alyx to do for Raine?
5. What is King Henry grieving?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)