|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alyx agree to go with Pagnell when they see each other at the wedding?
(a) Alyx agrees because she has nowhere else to go.
(b) Alyx agrees because Pagnell offers to bring Raine to her.
(c) Alyx agrees so that Joss will not be harmed.
(d) Alyx desires the money which he offers her.
2. What happens when Alyx tries to write letters to Raine in Chapter 18?
(a) She doesn't know what to write.
(b) Alyx's letters are returned unopened.
(c) She cannot find anyone willing to take mail to the camp.
(d) Alyx decides to burn them instead.
3. What does Alyx accuse Roger of at the fair?
(a) Sending Raine into exile.
(b) Impregnating Judith.
(c) Killing her father.
(d) Killing Mary.
4. Who is Joan?
(a) Alyx's friend from her village.
(b) Judith's lady maid.
(c) Stephan's wife.
(d) Raine's mistress from his past.
5. Who was dressed up as a guard at the execution?
6. When Alyx went to the king, how did it make Raine feel?
(a) It hurt his pride.
(b) He was confused.
(c) It made him feel love.
(d) It made him feel jealous.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 12, how many months have passed since Alyx left the camp?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Three months.
8. Where does Alyx volunteer while staying with Judith?
(a) At a music hall.
(b) At a hospital.
(c) At a shelter.
(d) At the church.
9. What does Pagnell decide to do with Elizabeth?
(a) Pagnell decides to have Elizabeth arrested.
(b) Pagnell decides to give Elizabeth as a "present" to Miles.
(c) Pagnell decides to take her as his mistress.
(d) Pagnell decides to bring her body to Miles in a wooden box.
10. What has Alyx lost as a result of the execution drama?
(a) Her mother's locket.
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her peace of mind.
(d) Her baby.
11. What does Raine tell Alyx that they will do on the day of their reunion?
(a) Get married.
(b) Return to the camp.
(c) Move away together.
(d) Attack Pagnell's men.
12. What does Raine do when he and Alyx finally reunite?
(a) Raine kisses Alyx passionately.
(b) Raine cries.
(c) Raine slaps Alyx violently.
(d) Raine yells at Alyx.
13. How does the crowd act when it is time for Alyx's execution?
14. Why does Alyx berate Raine in Chapter 20?
(a) For acting selfish.
(b) For being judgmental.
(c) For being so pigheaded.
(d) For lying to her.
15. What tragedy occurs at the school that Alyx opens?
(a) A child dies.
(b) The school burns down.
(c) Somebody steals all the school's funds.
(d) Alyx falls and breaks her legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyx do to try to gain the trust and friendship of the gang members?
2. What does the King demand that Raine do?
3. What do Gavin and Judith ask Alyx to do for Raine?
4. How does Alyx feel while waiting outside of the king's chambers?
5. What does Roger wish to find out from Alyx at the fair?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)