|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alyx feel when she has not heard from Raine for two months?
2. Why does Pagnell think that Roger Chatworth will kill Miles?
(a) Because Pagnell will tell Roger that Miles had her arrested.
(b) Because Pagnell will tell Roger that Miles has killed Elizabeth.
(c) Because Miles will have deflowered Roger's sister.
(d) Because Roger believes that Miles has taken Elizabeth as his mistress.
3. Why does Alyx agree to go with Pagnell when they see each other at the wedding?
(a) Alyx agrees because she has nowhere else to go.
(b) Alyx agrees because Pagnell offers to bring Raine to her.
(c) Alyx desires the money which he offers her.
(d) Alyx agrees so that Joss will not be harmed.
4. What is King Henry grieving?
(a) His advisor's death.
(b) His son's death.
(c) His wife's death.
(d) His daughter's death.
5. What does Pagnell decide to do with Elizabeth?
(a) Pagnell decides to give Elizabeth as a "present" to Miles.
(b) Pagnell decides to take her as his mistress.
(c) Pagnell decides to have Elizabeth arrested.
(d) Pagnell decides to bring her body to Miles in a wooden box.
6. Who does Alyx defend in front of Roger at the fair?
(c) The outlaws.
7. What tragedy occurs at the school that Alyx opens?
(a) A child dies.
(b) The school burns down.
(c) Alyx falls and breaks her legs.
(d) Somebody steals all the school's funds.
8. What does Elizabeth do to Pagnell when he kisses her?
(a) Elizabeth kicks and punches Pagnell.
(b) Elizabeth tries to have him arrested.
(c) Elizabeth faints.
(d) Elizabeth stabs Pagnell.
9. What does Pagnell deduce about Alyx's baby?
(a) That it is his baby.
(b) That it is Miles' baby.
(c) That it is Joss'.
(d) That it is Raine's.
10. Who is Alyx introduced to at the end of Chapter 15?
11. How many days is Alyx kept prisoner by Pagnell?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) Nine days.
(d) Eight days.
12. What does Raine tell Alyx that they will do on the day of their reunion?
(a) Attack Pagnell's men.
(b) Get married.
(c) Move away together.
(d) Return to the camp.
13. What does Raine instruct Joss to do at the execution scene?
(a) Kill Pagnell.
(b) Burn the estate down.
(c) Cut Alyx free.
(d) Give Alyx a knife.
14. How does Pagnell plan to collect the ransom for both Raine and Alyx?
(a) Pagnell plans to kidnap Alyx and wait for Raine to save her.
(b) Pagnell plans to pretend that Miles is Raine and hand in Alyx and Miles.
(c) Pagnell plans to trick both Raine and Alyx into coming forth to save each other.
(d) Pagnell will accept an equal amount paid from Alyx and Raine.
15. What does King Henry ignore?
(a) A warrant for Alyx's arrest.
(b) Petitions from the Montgomerys.
(c) Raine's apology.
(d) A serious illness sweeping England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Alyx lost as a result of the execution drama?
2. Where does Gavin go to talk to Miles?
3. While at the fair, what do Raine and Alyx buy?
4. At the end of Chapter 19, why does Alyx storm away angrily from Raine?
5. What does Brian do to Raine?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)