|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alyx decide about Catherine's situation?
(a) That she has silly parents.
(b) That she is a very intelligent girl despite her surroundings.
(c) That she should not suffer because of her parent's feud.
(d) That she should be raised religiously.
2. What does Alyx discover after leaving the camp?
(a) Alyx discovers that Raine had many enemies.
(b) Alyx discovers that she does not want to live without Raine.
(c) Alyx discovers that she has feelings for Joss.
(d) Alyx discovers that she is pregnant.
3. How does Alyx feel after the birth of her baby?
4. Who finds Alyx guilty of the charges against her?
(a) The king.
(b) The public.
(c) Pagnell's cousins.
5. What does Judith try to explain to Alyx after the fair?
(a) Why the family feud is so out of hand.
(b) Why she and Raine get along so well.
(c) Why Roger approached her.
(d) Why Raine is so mysterious.
6. What does Alyx see in Raine's eyes when she finally sees him again in the forest?
7. What does Raine instruct Joss to do at the execution scene?
(a) Cut Alyx free.
(b) Give Alyx a knife.
(c) Burn the estate down.
(d) Kill Pagnell.
8. Where does Alyx volunteer while staying with Judith?
(a) At a hospital.
(b) At the church.
(c) At a shelter.
(d) At a music hall.
9. How does Alyx feel at the beginning of Chapter 22 after a few weeks of being home?
10. What does Pagnell decide to do with Elizabeth?
(a) Pagnell decides to bring her body to Miles in a wooden box.
(b) Pagnell decides to give Elizabeth as a "present" to Miles.
(c) Pagnell decides to have Elizabeth arrested.
(d) Pagnell decides to take her as his mistress.
11. What is King Henry grieving?
(a) His wife's death.
(b) His daughter's death.
(c) His advisor's death.
(d) His son's death.
12. What does Roger wish to find out from Alyx at the fair?
(a) Roger wishes to know about Alyx's talent.
(b) Roger wishes to know about Elizabeth.
(c) Roger wishes to know about Judith.
(d) Roger wishes to know about Raine's camp.
13. Who is Joan?
(a) Judith's lady maid.
(b) Raine's mistress from his past.
(c) Stephan's wife.
(d) Alyx's friend from her village.
14. What does Brian do to Raine?
(a) Poisons him.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Ties him up.
(d) Tries to drown him.
15. What does Alyx accuse Roger of at the fair?
(a) Killing Mary.
(b) Sending Raine into exile.
(c) Killing her father.
(d) Impregnating Judith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyx beg Raine not to do at the fair?
2. Who does this laughing visitor take an instant liking to?
3. While at the fair, what do Raine and Alyx buy?
4. Why does Pagnell think that Roger Chatworth will kill Miles?
5. What does King Henry ignore?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)