|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosamund yell from the crowd of spectators at the scene of the execution?
(a) "Don't worry, Alyx!"
(b) "Let me light the fire!"
(c) "Hurry up with it!"
(d) "Raine is coming!"
2. What does Alyx see in Raine's eyes when she finally sees him again in the forest?
3. After riding for two hours, where do Joss and Alyx arrive?
(a) A small cottage in the forest.
(b) A monastery.
(c) The camp.
(d) Alyx's village.
4. What does Raine pull Alyx closer to watch at the fair?
(a) A fight.
(b) Women bargaining.
(c) A sporting event.
(d) A performance.
5. What does the King demand Miles do?
(a) Return Elizabeth.
(b) Marry Elizabeth.
(c) Come to his court.
(d) Pay a hefty fine.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 12, how many months have passed since Alyx left the camp?
(a) Five months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two months.
7. How does Alyx feel after the birth of her baby?
8. What does Judith try to explain to Alyx after the fair?
(a) Why she and Raine get along so well.
(b) Why Roger approached her.
(c) Why Raine is so mysterious.
(d) Why the family feud is so out of hand.
9. What does Roger wish to find out from Alyx at the fair?
(a) Roger wishes to know about Elizabeth.
(b) Roger wishes to know about Alyx's talent.
(c) Roger wishes to know about Judith.
(d) Roger wishes to know about Raine's camp.
10. Who has Miles agreed to marry?
11. Why does Pagnell think that Roger Chatworth will kill Miles?
(a) Because Pagnell will tell Roger that Miles had her arrested.
(b) Because Miles will have deflowered Roger's sister.
(c) Because Roger believes that Miles has taken Elizabeth as his mistress.
(d) Because Pagnell will tell Roger that Miles has killed Elizabeth.
12. What does Brian do to Raine?
(a) Stabs him.
(b) Tries to drown him.
(c) Poisons him.
(d) Ties him up.
13. What do Gavin and Judith ask Alyx to do for Raine?
(a) Ask the king to pardon Raine.
(b) Return to the camp.
(c) Forgive Raine.
(d) Beg Raine for forgiveness.
14. What does King Henry ignore?
(a) A serious illness sweeping England.
(b) A warrant for Alyx's arrest.
(c) Petitions from the Montgomerys.
(d) Raine's apology.
15. How does Alyx feel while waiting outside of the king's chambers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the camp to accept Raine's challenge?
2. Who married Bronwyn?
3. When Alyx went to the king, how did it make Raine feel?
4. What does Elizabeth do to Pagnell when he kisses her?
5. Who is Alyx introduced to at the end of Chapter 15?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)