|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pagnell deduce about Alyx's baby?
(a) That it is Joss'.
(b) That it is Raine's.
(c) That it is Miles' baby.
(d) That it is his baby.
2. What does Alyx not like about the large group of people at the fair?
(a) Alyx doesn't like to be closed in by them.
(b) Alyx doesn't like their smell.
(c) Alyx doesn't like that they are so low class.
(d) Alyx doesn't like their shifty eyes.
3. Why does Alyx agree to go with Pagnell when they see each other at the wedding?
(a) Alyx agrees because Pagnell offers to bring Raine to her.
(b) Alyx desires the money which he offers her.
(c) Alyx agrees because she has nowhere else to go.
(d) Alyx agrees so that Joss will not be harmed.
4. Why do Raine's men prevent Alyx from following Raine from the fair?
(a) Raine feels that Alyx has betrayed him.
(b) Raine is going somewhere dangerous.
(c) Raine can sense that Alyx is enjoying herself at the fair.
(d) Raine wishes Alyx to remain with Judith.
5. How does Alyx feel while waiting outside of the king's chambers?
6. How do the outlaws feel when Alyx leaves the camp?
7. Why does the king begin to cry while meeting with Alyx?
(a) He is moved by her voice.
(b) She reminds him of his wife.
(c) She reminds him of his daughter.
(d) He has never seen a more beautiful woman.
8. What does Raine tell Alyx that they will do on the day of their reunion?
(a) Return to the camp.
(b) Get married.
(c) Attack Pagnell's men.
(d) Move away together.
9. What is the only thing that can soothe the king?
(c) Fresh air.
10. What does Raine do when he and Alyx finally reunite?
(a) Raine slaps Alyx violently.
(b) Raine cries.
(c) Raine kisses Alyx passionately.
(d) Raine yells at Alyx.
11. How does Pagnell plan to collect the ransom for both Raine and Alyx?
(a) Pagnell will accept an equal amount paid from Alyx and Raine.
(b) Pagnell plans to kidnap Alyx and wait for Raine to save her.
(c) Pagnell plans to trick both Raine and Alyx into coming forth to save each other.
(d) Pagnell plans to pretend that Miles is Raine and hand in Alyx and Miles.
12. Why does Roger's brother want to fight him?
(a) To avenge Mary.
(b) Roger has tried to take away his land and inheritance.
(c) Roger has stolen a small fortune from him.
(d) To avenge Bronwyn.
13. What does Alyx do to try to gain the trust and friendship of the gang members?
(a) Sings for them.
(b) Shares some personal anecdotes.
(c) Share food and bandage wounds.
(d) Cleans up after them.
14. Who does this laughing visitor take an instant liking to?
15. Due to her happiness, what has Alyx forgotten to warn Raine about?
(a) Pagnell's plan to kill Raine.
(b) A disturbing premonition she had.
(c) The situation with Miles and Elizabeth.
(d) Her pregnancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pagnell decide to do with Elizabeth?
2. What does Elizabeth do to Pagnell when he kisses her?
3. What has Alyx lost as a result of the execution drama?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 12, how many months have passed since Alyx left the camp?
5. After riding for two hours, where do Joss and Alyx arrive?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)