|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raine instruct Joss to do at the execution scene?
(a) Kill Pagnell.
(b) Give Alyx a knife.
(c) Cut Alyx free.
(d) Burn the estate down.
2. Who has Miles agreed to marry?
3. How does Alyx feel after the birth of her baby?
4. What does Pagnell deduce about Alyx's baby?
(a) That it is Miles' baby.
(b) That it is his baby.
(c) That it is Raine's.
(d) That it is Joss'.
5. While at the fair, what do Raine and Alyx buy?
(a) A blanket for the baby.
(b) Food for their hosts.
(c) Gifts for the outlaws.
(d) Materials to make gowns.
6. Where does Raine tell Alyx to go?
(a) Gavin's home.
(b) To the king.
(c) His family estate.
(d) Her village.
7. How do the outlaws feel when Alyx leaves the camp?
8. How does the crowd act when it is time for Alyx's execution?
9. What does Rosamund yell from the crowd of spectators at the scene of the execution?
(a) "Raine is coming!"
(b) "Hurry up with it!"
(c) "Don't worry, Alyx!"
(d) "Let me light the fire!"
10. What does Pagnell do to Alyx to avenge his ego?
(a) Pagnell forces himself on her.
(b) Pagnell ruins her singing voice by stabbing her windpipe.
(c) Pagnell declares that he will kill Raine.
(d) Pagnell locks Alyx up in the castle's dungeons.
11. What does Raine tell Alyx that they will do on the day of their reunion?
(a) Move away together.
(b) Return to the camp.
(c) Get married.
(d) Attack Pagnell's men.
12. What does Alyx not like about the large group of people at the fair?
(a) Alyx doesn't like their shifty eyes.
(b) Alyx doesn't like to be closed in by them.
(c) Alyx doesn't like their smell.
(d) Alyx doesn't like that they are so low class.
13. What does Alyx decide about Catherine's situation?
(a) That she has silly parents.
(b) That she should not suffer because of her parent's feud.
(c) That she should be raised religiously.
(d) That she is a very intelligent girl despite her surroundings.
14. How does Alyx feel while waiting outside of the king's chambers?
15. What does Alyx do to try to gain the trust and friendship of the gang members?
(a) Shares some personal anecdotes.
(b) Share food and bandage wounds.
(c) Cleans up after them.
(d) Sings for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Alyx's and Raine's newborn?
2. What does the King demand Miles do?
3. How many days is Alyx kept prisoner by Pagnell?
4. Why does the king begin to cry while meeting with Alyx?
5. What happens when Alyx tries to write letters to Raine in Chapter 18?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)