|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alyx beg Raine not to do at the fair?
(a) Forgive Roger.
(b) Kill Roger.
(c) Return to the camp.
(d) Leave her alone.
2. How many days is Alyx kept prisoner by Pagnell?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Nine days.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 12, how many months have passed since Alyx left the camp?
(a) Four months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Two months.
4. What does Alyx do to try to gain the trust and friendship of the gang members?
(a) Share food and bandage wounds.
(b) Shares some personal anecdotes.
(c) Cleans up after them.
(d) Sings for them.
5. Who arrives at the camp to accept Raine's challenge?
(b) Roger Chatworth.
(d) Brian Chatworth.
6. What does Pagnell do to Alyx to avenge his ego?
(a) Pagnell forces himself on her.
(b) Pagnell locks Alyx up in the castle's dungeons.
(c) Pagnell ruins her singing voice by stabbing her windpipe.
(d) Pagnell declares that he will kill Raine.
7. How does Pagnell plan to collect the ransom for both Raine and Alyx?
(a) Pagnell will accept an equal amount paid from Alyx and Raine.
(b) Pagnell plans to pretend that Miles is Raine and hand in Alyx and Miles.
(c) Pagnell plans to kidnap Alyx and wait for Raine to save her.
(d) Pagnell plans to trick both Raine and Alyx into coming forth to save each other.
8. While at the fair, what do Raine and Alyx buy?
(a) A blanket for the baby.
(b) Food for their hosts.
(c) Materials to make gowns.
(d) Gifts for the outlaws.
9. What does Elizabeth do to Pagnell when he kisses her?
(a) Elizabeth tries to have him arrested.
(b) Elizabeth stabs Pagnell.
(c) Elizabeth kicks and punches Pagnell.
(d) Elizabeth faints.
10. Due to her happiness, what has Alyx forgotten to warn Raine about?
(a) A disturbing premonition she had.
(b) The situation with Miles and Elizabeth.
(c) Pagnell's plan to kill Raine.
(d) Her pregnancy.
11. What does Raine tell Alyx that they will do on the day of their reunion?
(a) Get married.
(b) Move away together.
(c) Return to the camp.
(d) Attack Pagnell's men.
12. Who finds Alyx guilty of the charges against her?
(a) Pagnell's cousins.
(b) The king.
(d) The public.
13. Who has Miles agreed to marry?
14. What does the King demand Miles do?
(a) Pay a hefty fine.
(b) Come to his court.
(c) Marry Elizabeth.
(d) Return Elizabeth.
15. What does Pagnell decide to do with Elizabeth?
(a) Pagnell decides to bring her body to Miles in a wooden box.
(b) Pagnell decides to have Elizabeth arrested.
(c) Pagnell decides to take her as his mistress.
(d) Pagnell decides to give Elizabeth as a "present" to Miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the camp with a roar of laughter?
2. What does Alyx not like about the large group of people at the fair?
3. Who dies in Alyx's arms after the challenge match?
4. What has Alyx lost as a result of the execution drama?
5. Why does Roger's brother want to fight him?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)