|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian do to Raine?
(a) Poisons him.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Tries to drown him.
(d) Ties him up.
2. Who accompanies Raine and Alyx to the fair?
(b) Raine's men.
(c) A maid.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 12, how many months have passed since Alyx left the camp?
(a) Three months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two months.
4. Where does Gavin go to talk to Miles?
5. What do Gavin and Judith ask Alyx to do for Raine?
(a) Beg Raine for forgiveness.
(b) Forgive Raine.
(c) Ask the king to pardon Raine.
(d) Return to the camp.
6. What does Elizabeth do to Pagnell when he kisses her?
(a) Elizabeth stabs Pagnell.
(b) Elizabeth faints.
(c) Elizabeth tries to have him arrested.
(d) Elizabeth kicks and punches Pagnell.
7. How long does it take Raine to recover from Brian's attack on him?
(a) Four days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
8. How many days is Alyx kept prisoner by Pagnell?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Nine days.
(d) Ten days.
9. Why do Raine's men prevent Alyx from following Raine from the fair?
(a) Raine can sense that Alyx is enjoying herself at the fair.
(b) Raine wishes Alyx to remain with Judith.
(c) Raine is going somewhere dangerous.
(d) Raine feels that Alyx has betrayed him.
10. What does Alyx beg Raine not to do at the fair?
(a) Return to the camp.
(b) Kill Roger.
(c) Leave her alone.
(d) Forgive Roger.
11. What does the king request of Alyx in return for granting her favor?
(a) To become his nurse until he finds someone permanent.
(b) To remain at his palace for a week.
(c) To allow her portrait to be painted.
(d) To become his mistress until he finds a wife.
12. What is the only thing that can soothe the king?
(b) Fresh air.
13. What does Raine do when he and Alyx finally reunite?
(a) Raine cries.
(b) Raine yells at Alyx.
(c) Raine slaps Alyx violently.
(d) Raine kisses Alyx passionately.
14. What does Judith try to explain to Alyx after the fair?
(a) Why the family feud is so out of hand.
(b) Why Raine is so mysterious.
(c) Why Roger approached her.
(d) Why she and Raine get along so well.
15. What tragedy occurs at the school that Alyx opens?
(a) The school burns down.
(b) Alyx falls and breaks her legs.
(c) A child dies.
(d) Somebody steals all the school's funds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raine pull Alyx closer to watch at the fair?
2. How does Alyx feel after the birth of her baby?
3. What does Pagnell deduce about Alyx's baby?
4. What does Pagnell decide to do with Elizabeth?
5. What does Alyx accuse Roger of at the fair?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)