|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the crowd act when it is time for Alyx's execution?
2. What does the King demand that Raine do?
(a) Stay with his wife and their baby.
(b) Return to his court.
(c) Disband his gang of outlaws.
(d) Pay him a hefty fine.
3. Who does Roger Chatworth tell Alyx he is when they first meet?
(a) Raine's brother.
(b) A salesman.
(c) One of Raine's men.
(d) A friend of Judith's family.
4. What happens when Alyx tries to write letters to Raine in Chapter 18?
(a) She doesn't know what to write.
(b) Alyx's letters are returned unopened.
(c) She cannot find anyone willing to take mail to the camp.
(d) Alyx decides to burn them instead.
5. Where does Gavin go to talk to Miles?
6. How does Alyx feel while waiting outside of the king's chambers?
7. What is the only thing that can soothe the king?
(d) Fresh air.
8. How does Alyx feel at the beginning of Chapter 22 after a few weeks of being home?
9. What does Alyx decide about Catherine's situation?
(a) That she has silly parents.
(b) That she should be raised religiously.
(c) That she is a very intelligent girl despite her surroundings.
(d) That she should not suffer because of her parent's feud.
10. What does Alyx see in Raine's eyes when she finally sees him again in the forest?
11. How does Alyx feel when she has not heard from Raine for two months?
12. Why does Alyx berate Raine in Chapter 20?
(a) For acting selfish.
(b) For being so pigheaded.
(c) For being judgmental.
(d) For lying to her.
13. Where does Alyx send Catherine until Christmas?
(a) To the king's court.
(b) To her village.
(c) To Raine.
(d) To a care facility.
14. Why do Raine's men prevent Alyx from following Raine from the fair?
(a) Raine can sense that Alyx is enjoying herself at the fair.
(b) Raine wishes Alyx to remain with Judith.
(c) Raine is going somewhere dangerous.
(d) Raine feels that Alyx has betrayed him.
15. What does Pagnell do to Alyx to avenge his ego?
(a) Pagnell declares that he will kill Raine.
(b) Pagnell locks Alyx up in the castle's dungeons.
(c) Pagnell forces himself on her.
(d) Pagnell ruins her singing voice by stabbing her windpipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King demand Miles do?
2. Who arrives at the camp with a roar of laughter?
3. What do Joss and Alyx look for work as?
4. Due to her happiness, what has Alyx forgotten to warn Raine about?
5. What is King Henry grieving?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)