|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Judith?
(a) Raine's cousin.
(b) Raine's sister-in-law.
(c) Raine's old flame.
(d) Raine's sister.
2. What does Alyx tell Raine that is a lie to keep him from danger?
(a) That she knows of a beautiful place for them to hide.
(b) That she never really loved him.
(c) That she has a friend who will protect her in England.
(d) That she is a skilled fighter.
3. How does Alyx do at learning to ride a horse?
(a) She is unsuccessful.
(b) She gives up after only a few minutes.
(c) She learns very quickly.
(d) She learns after a great deal of effort.
4. Who gives Alyx an instrument when she is ten?
(a) A priest.
(b) A traveling troubadour.
(c) A relative.
(d) A royal guard.
5. Who is Blanche?
(a) An elderly family friend.
(b) A wench.
(c) The landlord's wife.
(d) Raine's sister.
6. Who is Anne?
(a) A woman of noble birth.
(b) Raine's cousin.
(c) A traveling musician.
(d) A wench.
7. Who will do this to Raine if he returns to England?
(a) The aristocracy.
(b) The Chatworths.
(c) His family.
(d) The king.
8. Who is in love with Joss?
9. What do Alyx and Raine do for the first time while he is ill?
(a) Have a personal conversation.
(b) They make love.
(c) Laugh together.
(d) Treat each other civily.
10. Who has been taken prisoner by Roger Chatworth?
11. Who does Alyx persuade Raine to write letters to for guidance?
(b) King Henry.
(c) Raine's brothers.
(d) A priest.
12. What do the camp members do when Alyx tries to make peace with them?
(a) They get angrier.
(b) They laugh at her.
(c) They walk away.
(d) They forgive her.
13. Whose household was Joss a musician in?
(c) Alice Chatworth's.
(d) The king's.
14. What plan does Joss come up with to avoid Raine facing danger?
(a) To move to a deserted island where they can not be found.
(b) Convincing Raine that Joss and Alyx are having an affair.
(c) To kidnap Raine until Alyx has left.
(d) To train the outlaws to fight Raine's enemies.
15. What family is Raine's family feuding with?
(a) The Chatworths.
(b) The Laings.
(c) The Blacketts.
(d) The Montgomerys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raine admit to Joss after Raine wakes up from his illness?
2. What year is the novel set in?
3. What is the first job that Raine asks Alyx to do?
4. When an intruder enters Alyx's room one night, what does she hit him with?
5. Why does Raine sympathize with Alyx while they train?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)