|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alyx catch Blanche doing after Raine falls asleep in Chapter 8?
(a) Alyx catches Blanche stealing Raine's things.
(b) Alyx catches Blanche kissing a man.
(c) Alyx catches Blanche crying over Raine's bedside.
(d) Alyx catches Blanche snooping.
2. Besides his health, what is Alyx worried about as she watches over Raine while he is sick?
(a) Alyx is worried that the convicts will find out that Raine is sick.
(b) Alyx is worried that the camp will run out of food.
(c) Alyx is worried that she will become sick as well.
(d) Alyx is worried that he will find out that she is a woman.
3. Who does Alyx persuade Raine to write letters to for guidance?
(b) Raine's brothers.
(c) A priest.
(d) King Henry.
4. What do Raine and Alyx have to make plans to do after Alyx is accused by the mob?
(a) Pacify the mob.
(b) Fight the mob.
(c) Leave the camp.
5. What does Alyx watch while Raine bathes?
(a) Raine's naked body.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The waves.
(d) A butterfly.
6. In what way does Alyx help Raine at the camp?
(a) Alyx makes him a special tea every night.
(b) Alyx reads and writes Raine's letters.
(c) Alyx listens to the camp gossip and reports it to him.
(d) Alyx massages his injured leg.
7. What does Alyx do quickly before Raine returns to the tent?
(a) Splashes water on her face to look like tears.
(c) Changes into training gear.
8. Why does Alyx refuse to meet Blanche's demand after horse riding?
(a) Alyx has too many other things to attend to.
(b) Alyx dislikes the tone that Blanche uses.
(c) Alyx is too tired to do any more work.
(d) Alyx considers Blanche to be a lower class than she.
9. How many years does Alyx study music intensely?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Seven years.
10. What do the camp members do when Alyx tries to make peace with them?
(a) They forgive her.
(b) They get angrier.
(c) They laugh at her.
(d) They walk away.
11. What does Alyx insist to Raine at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Alyx insists that she did not steal the knife.
(b) Alyx insists that she is pregnant.
(c) Alyx insists that he is ill and should rest.
(d) Alyx insists that he leave the camp with her.
12. What does Pagnell proclaim Alyx is wanted for?
(a) Treason and thievery.
(b) Treason and heresy.
(c) Witchcraft and thievery.
(d) Heresy and witchcraft.
13. Who is Anne?
(a) A woman of noble birth.
(b) Raine's cousin.
(c) A traveling musician.
(d) A wench.
14. What does Alyx think of this plan?
(a) Alyx is hesitant.
(b) Alyx is excited.
(c) Alyx is indifferent.
(d) Alyx is unconvinced.
15. Who does Alyx summon to tend to Raine's sword wound in Chapter 7?
(a) An alchemist.
(b) The doctor from her village.
(c) Joss and Rosamund.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the stability of his sword wound, what happens to Raine?
2. What does Alyx first notice about Rosamund?
3. What does Alyx do when Raine helps her from a horse?
4. Who is in love with Joss?
5. What is the name of the village where Alyx lives at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)