|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan does Joss come up with to avoid Raine facing danger?
(a) To move to a deserted island where they can not be found.
(b) To kidnap Raine until Alyx has left.
(c) To train the outlaws to fight Raine's enemies.
(d) Convincing Raine that Joss and Alyx are having an affair.
2. How old is Alyx at the beginning of the novel?
3. Who is Judith?
(a) Raine's old flame.
(b) Raine's cousin.
(c) Raine's sister-in-law.
(d) Raine's sister.
4. While training Alyx, what is Raine shocked by?
(a) How reckless she is.
(b) How strong she is.
(c) How weak she is.
(d) How lazy she is.
5. How does Alyx react when Raine tells her that they need to bathe?
(a) Alyx becomes intrigued.
(b) Alyx becomes insulted.
(c) Alyx becomes worried.
(d) Alyx becomes embarassed.
6. What does Raine promise Alyx after the angry mob accuses Alyx?
(a) Raine promises that she will not be punished.
(b) Raine promises that they will be happy away from the outlaws.
(c) Raine promises that he will always forgive her.
(d) Raine promises that he will never forgive her.
7. What do Raine and Alyx do by the river after they fight?
(a) Have a picnic.
(b) Make love.
8. When an intruder enters Alyx's room one night, what does she hit him with?
(a) A book.
(b) A broom.
(c) A flute.
(d) A candlestick.
9. What is the name of the woman who Joss fell in love with after nursing her?
10. What does Pagnell proclaim Alyx is wanted for?
(a) Treason and thievery.
(b) Treason and heresy.
(c) Heresy and witchcraft.
(d) Witchcraft and thievery.
11. Who does Raine declare revenge on?
12. What is the name of the village where Alyx lives at the beginning of the novel?
13. How does Alyx do at learning to ride a horse?
(a) She gives up after only a few minutes.
(b) She is unsuccessful.
(c) She learns very quickly.
(d) She learns after a great deal of effort.
14. What is the name of Raine's brother that he receives a letter from?
15. What does Alyx tell Raine that is a lie to keep him from danger?
(a) That she is a skilled fighter.
(b) That she never really loved him.
(c) That she has a friend who will protect her in England.
(d) That she knows of a beautiful place for them to hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raine admit to Joss after Raine wakes up from his illness?
2. What will happen if Raine returns to England?
3. What does Alyx do quickly before Raine returns to the tent?
4. What do the camp members insist must happen to Alyx because of her supposed crime?
5. What does Raine admit to Alyx in Chapter 9?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)