|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alyx do while Raine bathes?
(a) Pretends to sleep.
(b) Waits in the forest.
(d) Cleans his clothes.
2. What family is Raine's family feuding with?
(a) The Montgomerys.
(b) The Chatworths.
(c) The Laings.
(d) The Blacketts.
3. What is a man convinced of when he grabs Alyx and attempts to search her?
(a) He believes that Alyx is a woman.
(b) He believes that Alyx has stolen his knife.
(c) He believes that Alyx has more money than she is letting on.
(d) He believes that Alyx has been keeping more food for herself.
4. While training Alyx, what is Raine shocked by?
(a) How reckless she is.
(b) How strong she is.
(c) How lazy she is.
(d) How weak she is.
5. Where will Pagnell soon be the Earl of?
6. How does Alyx disguise herself when she goes into hiding?
(a) She dresses in boy's clothes and cuts her hair.
(b) She dresses as a fortune teller.
(c) She dresses in rags.
(d) She dyes her hair with herbs.
7. What will happen if Raine returns to England?
(a) Raine will lose his fortune.
(b) Raine will be imprisoned and killed.
(c) Raine will be kidnapped.
(d) Raine will become a social misfit.
8. What is notable about Rosamund's appearance?
(a) She has the reddest hair that Alyx has ever seen.
(b) One of her legs is slightly longer than the other.
(c) Her eye color is jet black.
(d) One side of her face is disfigured.
9. How does Alyx react when Raine complains about her singing in Chapter 5?
(a) Alyx is scared.
(b) Alyx is perplexed.
(c) Alyx is shocked.
(d) Alyx is hurt.
10. How does Alyx react to Raine's order when he awakes?
(a) Alyx is furious.
(b) Alyx is sad.
(c) Alyx is intrigued.
(d) Alyx is insulted.
11. Who does Raine ask for while in a deep sleep?
(b) His sister Mary.
12. Whose household was Joss a musician in?
(b) Alice Chatworth's.
(d) The king's.
13. Who is in love with Joss?
14. What does Blanche demand from Alyx upon her return from horse riding?
(a) To clean the horses.
(b) Water to be brought from the lake.
(c) To tidy Raine's room.
(d) To clean the dishes for supper.
15. Who does Alyx persuade Raine to write letters to for guidance?
(a) Raine's brothers.
(b) A priest.
(c) King Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyx first notice about Rosamund?
2. According to the gang members, what will they do if Alyx's crime is not dealt with?
3. What does Alyx think of Raine's physical appearance?
4. What does Alyx do quickly before Raine returns to the tent?
5. Who does Alyx live with at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)