|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Raine's brother that he receives a letter from?
2. According to an urgent letter, who has escaped from Roger Chatworth?
3. How does Alyx react to Raine's order when he awakes?
(a) Alyx is intrigued.
(b) Alyx is furious.
(c) Alyx is sad.
(d) Alyx is insulted.
4. What does Alyx do while Raine bathes?
(a) Cleans his clothes.
(b) Waits in the forest.
(c) Pretends to sleep.
5. What do Raine and Alyx hear outside their tent one morning?
(b) An angry mob.
(d) Someone crying.
6. What year is the novel set in?
7. What does Alyx catch Blanche doing after Raine falls asleep in Chapter 8?
(a) Alyx catches Blanche kissing a man.
(b) Alyx catches Blanche crying over Raine's bedside.
(c) Alyx catches Blanche stealing Raine's things.
(d) Alyx catches Blanche snooping.
8. What has king Henry declared Raine?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A rat.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A victim.
9. How does Alyx react when Raine complains about her singing in Chapter 5?
(a) Alyx is perplexed.
(b) Alyx is shocked.
(c) Alyx is hurt.
(d) Alyx is scared.
10. Who does Alyx summon to tend to Raine's sword wound in Chapter 7?
(a) An alchemist.
(c) Joss and Rosamund.
(d) The doctor from her village.
11. What is the first job that Raine asks Alyx to do?
(a) Shine the silverware.
(b) Take the armor to the river and clean it.
(c) Wash the clothes of the camp men.
(d) Prepare and serve the supper.
12. How does Alyx disguise herself when she goes into hiding?
(a) She dresses in rags.
(b) She dresses in boy's clothes and cuts her hair.
(c) She dyes her hair with herbs.
(d) She dresses as a fortune teller.
13. What do Alyx and Raine do for the first time while he is ill?
(a) Treat each other civily.
(b) Have a personal conversation.
(c) They make love.
(d) Laugh together.
14. Why did Joss kill Lord Edmund?
(a) Lord Edmund killed Joss's father.
(b) Lord Edmund threatened to kidnap his love.
(c) Lord Edmund told Joss's lover that Joss was dead.
(d) In self-defence.
15. What will happen if Raine returns to England?
(a) Raine will lose his fortune.
(b) Raine will be kidnapped.
(c) Raine will be imprisoned and killed.
(d) Raine will become a social misfit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joss think of Alyx's singing?
2. What does Alyx pour over Joss?
3. Who does Alyx beg Raine to go to after they read the letter?
4. Who is Judith?
5. How does Alyx feel when she learns she will be a servant to Raine?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)