|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alyx watch while Raine bathes?
(a) The clouds.
(b) Raine's naked body.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) The waves.
2. What is the name of Raine's brother that he receives a letter from?
3. How does Raine react to Alyx's lie in the tent?
(a) He is heartbroken.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is intrigued.
4. Why does Alyx become jealous of Judith?
(a) Raine's visibly softens when he hears Judith's words.
(b) Judith is loved by everyone at the camp.
(c) Raine calls Judith "the brightest star in the heavens."
(d) Raine treats Judith better than he treats Alyx.
5. Why has Alyx gained many enemies at the camp?
(a) Alyx is related to the camp's enemy.
(b) Alyx ignores the camp members.
(c) Alyx is disrespectful towards them.
(d) Alyx steals their belongings.
6. Who tells Alyx that she must go into hiding after she is declared a wanted criminal?
(a) Alyx's friend.
(b) Pagnell's servant.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) The priest.
7. What does Alyx contemplate doing to prevent any danger coming to Raine?
(a) Alyx contemplates fighting his enemies.
(b) Alyx contemplates commiting suicide.
(c) Alyx contemplates breaking up with him.
(d) Alyx contemplates running away.
8. What is the first job that Raine asks Alyx to do?
(a) Shine the silverware.
(b) Prepare and serve the supper.
(c) Take the armor to the river and clean it.
(d) Wash the clothes of the camp men.
9. What does Raine order Alyx to do when he finally wakes up from his illness?
(a) Raine orders Alyx to get him food and wine.
(b) Raine orders Alyx to leave the camp.
(c) Raine orders Alyx to write a letter to his sister.
(d) Raine orders Alyx to apologize to the camp for lying.
10. Where will Pagnell soon be the Earl of?
11. How does Alyx try to make peace with the camp?
(a) Alyx plays the flute and sings.
(b) Alyx cleans their space.
(c) Alyx gives them money.
(d) Alyx apologizes to each member individually.
12. Who does Alyx summon to tend to Raine's sword wound in Chapter 7?
(a) An alchemist.
(b) Joss and Rosamund.
(c) The doctor from her village.
13. What do the intruders do after Alyx escapes?
(a) Run away.
(b) Arrest her friends and family.
(c) Burn her house down.
(d) Trash the town.
14. What does Blanche demand from Alyx upon her return from horse riding?
(a) Water to be brought from the lake.
(b) To tidy Raine's room.
(c) To clean the dishes for supper.
(d) To clean the horses.
15. What country does Alyx live in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alyx do at learning to ride a horse?
2. Why does Raine sympathize with Alyx while they train?
3. Why does Alyx refuse to meet Blanche's demand after horse riding?
4. Besides his health, what is Alyx worried about as she watches over Raine while he is sick?
5. What happens to the man who attacks Raine?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)