|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When men break into Alyx's house, how do they kill her father?
(a) They stab him.
(b) They suffocate him.
(c) They burn him.
(d) They slit his throat.
2. Who does Alyx live with at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her father and sister.
(c) Her father and mother.
(d) Her father and two brothers.
3. What does Alyx contemplate doing to prevent any danger coming to Raine?
(a) Alyx contemplates fighting his enemies.
(b) Alyx contemplates running away.
(c) Alyx contemplates breaking up with him.
(d) Alyx contemplates commiting suicide.
4. How does Alyx describe her relationship with Raine when she lies?
(a) She describes it as the only thing keeping her alive.
(b) She describes their relationship as a passing fancy.
(c) She describes it as something that can easily be forgotten.
(d) She describes it as exciting and volatile.
5. Where does Alyx hide after escaping the men that enter her house?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) In the trees.
(c) Under the porch.
(d) At a friend's house.
6. What does Raine learn of his sister Mary in an urgent letter?
(a) Mary has been sold.
(b) Mary is dead.
(c) Mary is gravely ill.
(d) Mary is marrying.
7. What has king Henry declared Raine?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A victim.
(c) A rat.
(d) A tiger.
8. What is Joss's full name?
(a) Jocelin Chatworth.
(b) Jocelin Blackett.
(c) Jocelin Montgomery.
(d) Jocelin Laing.
9. How does Alyx react when Raine tells her that they need to bathe?
(a) Alyx becomes embarassed.
(b) Alyx becomes intrigued.
(c) Alyx becomes worried.
(d) Alyx becomes insulted.
10. Who does Raine ask for while in a deep sleep?
(c) His sister Mary.
11. What plan does Joss come up with to avoid Raine facing danger?
(a) Convincing Raine that Joss and Alyx are having an affair.
(b) To move to a deserted island where they can not be found.
(c) To kidnap Raine until Alyx has left.
(d) To train the outlaws to fight Raine's enemies.
12. Where is Alyx the main singer in her village?
(a) The town square.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The school.
(d) The church.
13. What is Raine shocked by when he first meets Alyx?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her undeniable beauty.
(c) Her eagerness to please.
(d) Her aggressive hostility.
14. Despite the stability of his sword wound, what happens to Raine?
(a) Raine loses his sight.
(b) Raine becomes very weak.
(c) Raine slips into a fever.
(d) Raine becomes nauseous.
15. Who tells Alyx that she must go into hiding after she is declared a wanted criminal?
(a) Alyx's friend.
(b) A fortune teller.
(c) Pagnell's servant.
(d) The priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anne?
2. What does the camp insist Alyx has done?
3. Who do Joss and Alyx say goodbye to before they leave the camp?
4. How many years does Alyx study music intensely?
5. What does Raine promise Alyx after the angry mob accuses Alyx?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)