Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alyx watch while Raine bathes?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) Raine's naked body.
(c) The waves.
(d) The clouds.
2. Who tells Alyx that she must go into hiding after she is declared a wanted criminal?
(a) A fortune teller.
(b) Alyx's friend.
(c) The priest.
(d) Pagnell's servant.
3. Who will do this to Raine if he returns to England?
(a) The aristocracy.
(b) The Chatworths.
(c) His family.
(d) The king.
4. Who gives Alyx an instrument when she is ten?
(a) A priest.
(b) A relative.
(c) A traveling troubadour.
(d) A royal guard.
5. What does Alyx contemplate doing to prevent any danger coming to Raine?
(a) Alyx contemplates fighting his enemies.
(b) Alyx contemplates commiting suicide.
(c) Alyx contemplates breaking up with him.
(d) Alyx contemplates running away.
6. When Alyx insists this fact at the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Raine do?
(a) Raine faints.
(b) Raine decides to leave her and the camp.
(c) Raine refuses to believe her.
(d) Raine tells her he believes her.
7. What does Alyx try to convince Joss to do to the person they say goodbye to?
(a) Kiss the person.
(b) Apologize to the person.
(c) Forgive the person.
(d) Attack the person.
8. Who attacks Raine after he kisses Anne?
(a) A guard.
(c) A drunkard.
9. Who does Alyx beg Raine to go to after they read the letter?
(a) A priest.
(c) King Henry.
10. What is the first job that Raine asks Alyx to do?
(a) Shine the silverware.
(b) Prepare and serve the supper.
(c) Wash the clothes of the camp men.
(d) Take the armor to the river and clean it.
11. Who does Alyx summon to tend to Raine's sword wound in Chapter 7?
(a) An alchemist.
(b) Joss and Rosamund.
(d) The doctor from her village.
12. When an intruder enters Alyx's room one night, what does she hit him with?
(a) A flute.
(b) A broom.
(c) A candlestick.
(d) A book.
13. Who does Raine declare revenge on?
14. What does Joss think of Alyx's singing?
(a) Joss is amazed by her singing.
(b) Joss is amused by her singing.
(c) Joss is annoyed by her singing.
(d) Joss is turned off by her singing.
15. What does the camp insist Alyx has done?
(a) They insist that Alyx has not finished her duties.
(b) They insist that Alyx has poisoned one of the outlaws.
(c) They insist that Alyx has stolen from them.
(d) They insist that Alyx has hexed them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raine ask for while in a deep sleep?
2. What does Raine order Alyx to do when he finally wakes up from his illness?
3. What does Alyx think of this plan?
4. What does Raine order Joss to do when she asks to be left alone?
5. Who does Alyx live with at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)