|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Raine's brother that he receives a letter from?
2. Where is Alyx the main singer in her village?
(a) The school.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The church.
(d) The town square.
3. What is Joss's full name?
(a) Jocelin Montgomery.
(b) Jocelin Chatworth.
(c) Jocelin Laing.
(d) Jocelin Blackett.
4. Whose household was Joss a musician in?
(b) The king's.
(c) Alice Chatworth's.
5. Why does Alyx become jealous of Judith?
(a) Judith is loved by everyone at the camp.
(b) Raine calls Judith "the brightest star in the heavens."
(c) Raine's visibly softens when he hears Judith's words.
(d) Raine treats Judith better than he treats Alyx.
6. Who attacks Raine after he kisses Anne?
(a) A drunkard.
(d) A guard.
7. According to an urgent letter, who has escaped from Roger Chatworth?
8. Who does Alyx live with at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Her father and mother.
(b) Her father and two brothers.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her father and sister.
9. What does Alyx do quickly before Raine returns to the tent?
(a) Splashes water on her face to look like tears.
(c) Changes into training gear.
10. When Alyx insists this fact at the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Raine do?
(a) Raine faints.
(b) Raine tells her he believes her.
(c) Raine refuses to believe her.
(d) Raine decides to leave her and the camp.
11. What is the name of the woman who Joss fell in love with after nursing her?
12. Who is Blanche?
(a) Raine's sister.
(b) An elderly family friend.
(c) The landlord's wife.
(d) A wench.
13. Why does Raine sympathize with Alyx while they train?
(a) Raine notices that Alyx is upset over her father's death.
(b) Alyx has an injured ankle.
(c) It is stormy and Alyx is not wearing appropriate clothes.
(d) Raine knows she is tired.
14. What is the first job that Raine asks Alyx to do?
(a) Shine the silverware.
(b) Wash the clothes of the camp men.
(c) Prepare and serve the supper.
(d) Take the armor to the river and clean it.
15. What does Joss think of Alyx's singing?
(a) Joss is turned off by her singing.
(b) Joss is annoyed by her singing.
(c) Joss is amused by her singing.
(d) Joss is amazed by her singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyx do when Raine helps her from a horse?
2. What does Alyx think of Raine's physical appearance?
3. What does Alyx catch Blanche doing after Raine falls asleep in Chapter 8?
4. Who secures Alyx new position as a squire?
5. Who has been taken prisoner by Roger Chatworth?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)