|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides his health, what is Alyx worried about as she watches over Raine while he is sick?
(a) Alyx is worried that the camp will run out of food.
(b) Alyx is worried that he will find out that she is a woman.
(c) Alyx is worried that the convicts will find out that Raine is sick.
(d) Alyx is worried that she will become sick as well.
2. What is the reason that Alyx gives for dumping water on Joss?
(a) Joss betrayed her trust.
(b) Alyx wanted to create a need for Joss to be in Rosamund's care.
(c) Alyx was bored and wanted to liven things up.
(d) Joss made unwanted advances.
3. Why does Alyx not hear three large men approach her on her way to practice?
(a) Alyx is deaf in one ear.
(b) Alyx is engrossed in her singing.
(c) There is a loud band playing nearby.
(d) The three men are very quiet.
4. How old is Alyx at the beginning of the novel?
5. What is a man convinced of when he grabs Alyx and attempts to search her?
(a) He believes that Alyx has stolen his knife.
(b) He believes that Alyx is a woman.
(c) He believes that Alyx has been keeping more food for herself.
(d) He believes that Alyx has more money than she is letting on.
6. When Raine enters the tent again, what does he vow to do to Joss?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Obey him.
(c) Promote him.
(d) Kill him.
7. Who tells Alyx that she must go into hiding after she is declared a wanted criminal?
(a) The priest.
(b) Alyx's friend.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) Pagnell's servant.
8. How does Alyx feel about the first task Raine assigns her?
(a) Alyx is curious.
(b) Alyx is resistant.
(c) Alyx is nervous.
(d) Alyx is excited.
9. What does Raine learn of his sister Mary in an urgent letter?
(a) Mary is gravely ill.
(b) Mary is marrying.
(c) Mary is dead.
(d) Mary has been sold.
10. How does Raine react to Alyx's lie in the tent?
(a) He is heartbroken.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is intrigued.
(d) He is surprised.
11. What does Alyx do to soothe Raine in Chapter 7?
(a) Alyx plays the flute and sings to him.
(b) Alyx serves him a special tea.
(c) Alyx tells him a story from her youth.
(d) Alyx reads a letter sent from his sister.
12. What plan does Joss come up with to avoid Raine facing danger?
(a) To train the outlaws to fight Raine's enemies.
(b) To kidnap Raine until Alyx has left.
(c) Convincing Raine that Joss and Alyx are having an affair.
(d) To move to a deserted island where they can not be found.
13. Whose household was Joss a musician in?
(b) Alice Chatworth's.
(c) The king's.
14. What does Alyx first notice about Rosamund?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is dirty.
(c) She is rude.
(d) She is mysterious.
15. Who is Blanche?
(a) The landlord's wife.
(b) Raine's sister.
(c) A wench.
(d) An elderly family friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raine tell Alyx after her bath in the river?
2. What does Alyx pour over Joss?
3. Who does Alyx live with at the beginning of the novel?
4. Why did Joss kill Lord Edmund?
5. Who does Raine declare revenge on?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)