|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Raine and Alyx hear outside their tent one morning?
(a) Someone crying.
(b) An angry mob.
2. How does Alyx try to make peace with the camp?
(a) Alyx plays the flute and sings.
(b) Alyx apologizes to each member individually.
(c) Alyx cleans their space.
(d) Alyx gives them money.
3. What does Raine tell Alyx after her bath in the river?
(a) Raine tells Alyx that he loves her.
(b) Raine tells Alyx that he is leaving the camp.
(c) Raine tells Alyx his deepest secret.
(d) Raine tells Alyx that Judith will love her.
4. What is a man convinced of when he grabs Alyx and attempts to search her?
(a) He believes that Alyx is a woman.
(b) He believes that Alyx has stolen his knife.
(c) He believes that Alyx has more money than she is letting on.
(d) He believes that Alyx has been keeping more food for herself.
5. According to an urgent letter, who has escaped from Roger Chatworth?
6. After reprimanding Alyx, who does Raine ask her to write a letter to?
(b) Gavin and Judith.
7. Why did Joss kill Lord Edmund?
(a) In self-defence.
(b) Lord Edmund told Joss's lover that Joss was dead.
(c) Lord Edmund killed Joss's father.
(d) Lord Edmund threatened to kidnap his love.
8. What does Alyx think of this plan?
(a) Alyx is hesitant.
(b) Alyx is indifferent.
(c) Alyx is excited.
(d) Alyx is unconvinced.
9. What do the camp members insist must happen to Alyx because of her supposed crime?
(a) Alyx must be embarassed publicly.
(b) Alyx must be exiled.
(c) Alyx must be punished and beaten.
(d) Alyx must be hanged.
10. What year is the novel set in?
11. How does Alyx feel about the first task Raine assigns her?
(a) Alyx is resistant.
(b) Alyx is excited.
(c) Alyx is nervous.
(d) Alyx is curious.
12. What family is Raine's family feuding with?
(a) The Montgomerys.
(b) The Chatworths.
(c) The Laings.
(d) The Blacketts.
13. Who secures Alyx new position as a squire?
(a) A royal guard.
(b) The priest.
(c) A friend.
(d) Pagnell's servant.
14. What does Raine order Alyx to do when he finally wakes up from his illness?
(a) Raine orders Alyx to write a letter to his sister.
(b) Raine orders Alyx to get him food and wine.
(c) Raine orders Alyx to leave the camp.
(d) Raine orders Alyx to apologize to the camp for lying.
15. Who does Alyx summon to tend to Raine's sword wound in Chapter 7?
(a) Joss and Rosamund.
(b) The doctor from her village.
(c) An alchemist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raine admit to Joss after Raine wakes up from his illness?
2. How does Raine describe Mary?
3. What does Anne beg Raine to do?
4. How does Alyx react when Raine tells her that they need to bathe?
5. When Alyx insists this fact at the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Raine do?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)