|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Raine and Alyx hear outside their tent one morning?
(a) An angry mob.
(c) Someone crying.
2. How does Alyx react to Raine's order when he awakes?
(a) Alyx is sad.
(b) Alyx is intrigued.
(c) Alyx is furious.
(d) Alyx is insulted.
3. What is Joss's full name?
(a) Jocelin Montgomery.
(b) Jocelin Chatworth.
(c) Jocelin Blackett.
(d) Jocelin Laing.
4. What does Alyx think of Raine's physical appearance?
(a) He is tall and muscular.
(b) He is sickly looking.
(c) He is repulsive.
(d) He is handsome.
5. What does Joss think of Alyx's singing?
(a) Joss is amazed by her singing.
(b) Joss is turned off by her singing.
(c) Joss is annoyed by her singing.
(d) Joss is amused by her singing.
6. What is the name of the village where Alyx lives at the beginning of the novel?
7. What does Alyx catch Blanche doing after Raine falls asleep in Chapter 8?
(a) Alyx catches Blanche crying over Raine's bedside.
(b) Alyx catches Blanche stealing Raine's things.
(c) Alyx catches Blanche snooping.
(d) Alyx catches Blanche kissing a man.
8. How does Alyx feel about the first task Raine assigns her?
(a) Alyx is curious.
(b) Alyx is nervous.
(c) Alyx is resistant.
(d) Alyx is excited.
9. What is the reason that Alyx gives for dumping water on Joss?
(a) Joss betrayed her trust.
(b) Alyx wanted to create a need for Joss to be in Rosamund's care.
(c) Alyx was bored and wanted to liven things up.
(d) Joss made unwanted advances.
10. What plan does Joss come up with to avoid Raine facing danger?
(a) To train the outlaws to fight Raine's enemies.
(b) To kidnap Raine until Alyx has left.
(c) To move to a deserted island where they can not be found.
(d) Convincing Raine that Joss and Alyx are having an affair.
11. Who does Alyx beg Raine to go to after they read the letter?
(a) King Henry.
(b) A priest.
12. What does Anne beg Raine to do?
(a) Love her.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Hire more help at the camp.
(d) Return home.
13. What does Alyx think of this plan?
(a) Alyx is indifferent.
(b) Alyx is hesitant.
(c) Alyx is unconvinced.
(d) Alyx is excited.
14. What is the name of Raine's brother that he receives a letter from?
15. What does Alyx contemplate doing to prevent any danger coming to Raine?
(a) Alyx contemplates fighting his enemies.
(b) Alyx contemplates breaking up with him.
(c) Alyx contemplates commiting suicide.
(d) Alyx contemplates running away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyx do quickly before Raine returns to the tent?
2. Why does Alyx refuse to meet Blanche's demand after horse riding?
3. What has king Henry declared Raine?
4. Who attacks Raine after he kisses Anne?
5. Who gives Alyx an instrument when she is ten?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)