|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raine enters the tent again, what does he vow to do to Joss?
(a) Promote him.
(b) Forgive him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Obey him.
2. What do the camp members insist must happen to Alyx because of her supposed crime?
(a) Alyx must be exiled.
(b) Alyx must be hanged.
(c) Alyx must be punished and beaten.
(d) Alyx must be embarassed publicly.
3. What country does Alyx live in?
4. Where does Alyx hide after escaping the men that enter her house?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) Under the porch.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) In the trees.
5. What family is Raine's family feuding with?
(a) The Laings.
(b) The Montgomerys.
(c) The Blacketts.
(d) The Chatworths.
6. What is the name of Raine's brother that he receives a letter from?
7. What does Raine accuse Alyx of being after Alyx throws water on Joss?
(a) Paranoid and self-centred.
(b) Manipulative and conniving.
(c) Silly and immature.
(d) Perplexing and uninhibited.
8. What does Raine promise Alyx after the angry mob accuses Alyx?
(a) Raine promises that she will not be punished.
(b) Raine promises that he will never forgive her.
(c) Raine promises that they will be happy away from the outlaws.
(d) Raine promises that he will always forgive her.
9. What does Alyx do while Raine bathes?
(a) Waits in the forest.
(b) Pretends to sleep.
(d) Cleans his clothes.
10. What does Alyx pour over Joss?
(a) A bucket of fish heads.
(b) A bucket of ice cold water.
(c) A bucket of scalding water.
(d) A bucket of worms.
11. How does Alyx try to make peace with the camp?
(a) Alyx gives them money.
(b) Alyx cleans their space.
(c) Alyx apologizes to each member individually.
(d) Alyx plays the flute and sings.
12. How does Alyx feel about the first task Raine assigns her?
(a) Alyx is excited.
(b) Alyx is curious.
(c) Alyx is resistant.
(d) Alyx is nervous.
13. What is Alyx doing when she meets Joss?
(a) Alyx is singing.
(b) Alyx is bathing.
(c) Alyx is riding a horse.
(d) Alyx is napping.
14. What does Raine learn of his sister Mary in an urgent letter?
(a) Mary is gravely ill.
(b) Mary has been sold.
(c) Mary is marrying.
(d) Mary is dead.
15. Where will Pagnell soon be the Earl of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyx contemplate doing to prevent any danger coming to Raine?
2. What is Raine's nickname?
3. Why does Alyx refuse to meet Blanche's demand after horse riding?
4. When Alyx insists this fact at the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Raine do?
5. What does Alyx feel she cannot ask Raine to do for her in Chapter 11?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)