|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alyx feel about the first task Raine assigns her?
(a) Alyx is nervous.
(b) Alyx is resistant.
(c) Alyx is curious.
(d) Alyx is excited.
2. What does Alyx first notice about Rosamund?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is dirty.
(c) She is mysterious.
(d) She is rude.
3. Who secures Alyx new position as a squire?
(a) Pagnell's servant.
(b) A friend.
(c) A royal guard.
(d) The priest.
4. What do Raine and Alyx hear outside their tent one morning?
(b) An angry mob.
(c) Someone crying.
5. How does Alyx disguise herself when she goes into hiding?
(a) She dyes her hair with herbs.
(b) She dresses in rags.
(c) She dresses as a fortune teller.
(d) She dresses in boy's clothes and cuts her hair.
6. Why did Joss kill Lord Edmund?
(a) In self-defence.
(b) Lord Edmund killed Joss's father.
(c) Lord Edmund threatened to kidnap his love.
(d) Lord Edmund told Joss's lover that Joss was dead.
7. What is the reason that Alyx gives for dumping water on Joss?
(a) Joss made unwanted advances.
(b) Alyx was bored and wanted to liven things up.
(c) Alyx wanted to create a need for Joss to be in Rosamund's care.
(d) Joss betrayed her trust.
8. What is the first job that Raine asks Alyx to do?
(a) Prepare and serve the supper.
(b) Wash the clothes of the camp men.
(c) Shine the silverware.
(d) Take the armor to the river and clean it.
9. Who do Joss and Alyx say goodbye to before they leave the camp?
10. What family is Raine's family feuding with?
(a) The Chatworths.
(b) The Blacketts.
(c) The Montgomerys.
(d) The Laings.
11. How does Alyx react when Raine tells her that they need to bathe?
(a) Alyx becomes insulted.
(b) Alyx becomes embarassed.
(c) Alyx becomes worried.
(d) Alyx becomes intrigued.
12. What does Raine order Joss to do when she asks to be left alone?
(a) Raine order Joss to make him lunch.
(b) Raine order Joss to sing with Alyx.
(c) Raine order Joss to pack his things.
(d) Raine orders Joss to look over Alyx.
13. What do the intruders do after Alyx escapes?
(a) Burn her house down.
(b) Trash the town.
(c) Arrest her friends and family.
(d) Run away.
14. Who tells Alyx that she must go into hiding after she is declared a wanted criminal?
(a) Alyx's friend.
(b) The priest.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) Pagnell's servant.
15. What does Alyx try to convince Joss to do to the person they say goodbye to?
(a) Forgive the person.
(b) Kiss the person.
(c) Attack the person.
(d) Apologize to the person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyx feel she cannot ask Raine to do for her in Chapter 11?
2. Who will do this to Raine if he returns to England?
3. Who does Alyx live with at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does Pagnell proclaim Alyx is wanted for?
5. Who is Anne?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)