|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite the stability of his sword wound, what happens to Raine?
(a) Raine becomes very weak.
(b) Raine slips into a fever.
(c) Raine loses his sight.
(d) Raine becomes nauseous.
2. After reprimanding Alyx, who does Raine ask her to write a letter to?
(a) Gavin and Judith.
3. Who is Anne?
(a) A wench.
(b) A woman of noble birth.
(c) A traveling musician.
(d) Raine's cousin.
4. Who is in love with Joss?
5. What is a man convinced of when he grabs Alyx and attempts to search her?
(a) He believes that Alyx has more money than she is letting on.
(b) He believes that Alyx has stolen his knife.
(c) He believes that Alyx has been keeping more food for herself.
(d) He believes that Alyx is a woman.
6. What is Raine's last name?
7. When Alyx insists this fact at the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Raine do?
(a) Raine decides to leave her and the camp.
(b) Raine faints.
(c) Raine refuses to believe her.
(d) Raine tells her he believes her.
8. How does Alyx try to make peace with the camp?
(a) Alyx gives them money.
(b) Alyx plays the flute and sings.
(c) Alyx apologizes to each member individually.
(d) Alyx cleans their space.
9. What is the name of the village where Alyx lives at the beginning of the novel?
10. Who do Joss and Alyx say goodbye to before they leave the camp?
11. Who has been taken prisoner by Roger Chatworth?
12. Where is Alyx the main singer in her village?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The church.
(c) The school.
(d) The town square.
13. What does Alyx insist to Raine at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Alyx insists that he is ill and should rest.
(b) Alyx insists that she is pregnant.
(c) Alyx insists that he leave the camp with her.
(d) Alyx insists that she did not steal the knife.
14. According to an urgent letter, who has escaped from Roger Chatworth?
15. What is Alyx doing when she meets Joss?
(a) Alyx is napping.
(b) Alyx is bathing.
(c) Alyx is riding a horse.
(d) Alyx is singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyx pour over Joss?
2. What do the camp members insist must happen to Alyx because of her supposed crime?
3. What does Raine learn of his sister Mary in an urgent letter?
4. What does Raine promise Alyx after the angry mob accuses Alyx?
5. What is the first job that Raine asks Alyx to do?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)