Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which particular gift given to her husband's new bride did the first wife Mabruka resent?
2. How many syllables are in ghinnawas?
3. Along with other Muslims, where do the Awlad 'Ali believe children go when they die?
4. How many wives does Aziza's brother have?
5. In a love story in Chapter 8, how close to home was a boy when he fell ill and died?
Using examples from the book, discuss how agnation and patrilineality relate to the Awald 'Ali. Make sure that you define the terms in your discussion and use quotes from the book to support your ideas.
Discuss the practice of divorce among the Awlad 'Ali. Give specific examples from the book and explain what implications divorce might have among the Bedouin.
Discuss the fieldwork that Lila was performing among the Awlad 'Ali and how she had to change to focus of her work because of her status with the group. Give specific examples from the book to support your statements.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)