Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which particular gift given to her husband's new bride did the first wife Mabruka resent?
2. How many syllables are in ghinnawas?
3. Along with other Muslims, where do the Awlad 'Ali believe children go when they die?
4. How many wives does Aziza's brother have?
5. In a love story in Chapter 8, how close to home was a boy when he fell ill and died?
Using examples from the book, discuss how autonomy relates to hierarchy in the Awlad 'Ali society. Define your terms when writing your essay.
Argue whether among the Awlad 'Ali there is a moral basis for social hierarchy or whether social hierarchy is based on externals like age, wealth, or gender. Use examples from the book to support your place.
Discuss why "Veiled Sentiments" could be considered an ethnography. Define ethnography in your essay.
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)