|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many poems explicitly request?
2. Where had Aziza's husband been working when they marry?
3. In a love story in Chapter 8, how close to home was a boy when he fell ill and died?
4. What did Mabruka refuse to accept when Rashid married another wife?
5. Along with other Muslims, where do the Awlad 'Ali believe children go when they die?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the structure and form of Awlad 'Ali poetry, the ghinnawa.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the response to death in everyday language and behavior to the sentiments expressed in poetry and crying.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why "Veiled Sentiments" could be considered an ethnography. Define ethnography in your essay.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)