Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which particular gift given to her husband's new bride did the first wife Mabruka resent?
2. How many syllables are in ghinnawas?
3. Along with other Muslims, where do the Awlad 'Ali believe children go when they die?
4. How many wives does Aziza's brother have?
5. In a love story in Chapter 8, how close to home was a boy when he fell ill and died?
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss how agnation and patrilineality relate to the Awald 'Ali. Make sure that you define the terms in your discussion and use quotes from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why "Veiled Sentiments" could be considered an ethnography. Define ethnography in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the formal and informal checks and balances that exist to stop tyrannical providers. Give examples from the book and use quotes to support your discussion.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)