|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of occasions would elders avoid so as not to hear ghinnawas publicly sung?
2. Along with other Muslims, where do the Awlad 'Ali believe children go when they die?
3. What type of personal relationships were of great concern among the Bedouins?
4. How many years before Lila's arrival had a young man been murdered?
5. What is revealed in Awlad 'Ali poetry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the structure and form of Awlad 'Ali poetry, the ghinnawa.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss how providers (persons in authority) treat their dependents.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why ghinnawas, the poetry of the Awlad 'Ali, are veiled sentiments.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)