|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When an old woman suddenly died, what did some suggest her husband had done?
2. Which particular gift given to her husband's new bride did the first wife Mabruka resent?
3. What did a physician say caused the death of a girl about seventeen years old?
4. In a love story in Chapter 8, where did a boy and girl in love with each other meet ?
5. With whom did women share poems?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss how autonomy relates to hierarchy in the Awlad 'Ali society. Define your terms when writing your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss the social value of male and female in Bedouin society.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why "Veiled Sentiments" could be considered an ethnography. Define ethnography in your essay.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)