|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city was near the mountain where Adam and Eve met again after being banished from the garden by God?
2. When Lila did her fieldwork, how many of the five core household heads married paternal first cousins?
3. Who wrote the "Alexandria Quartet?"
4. What were Bedouin tents made of before the Awlad 'Ali moved into houses?
5. How many client households were in the camp where Lila lived?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were brides carried from her natal home in the past and when Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
2. Why might a woman have no choice, but to obey her husband?
3. How did the Awlad 'Ali obtain water for their daily needs?
4. How could a woman resist a tyrannical husband?
5. What Bedouin story was told to show that the Egyptians lack nobility of origin?
6. Why did foreigners call taxis in Alexandria "flying coffins"?
7. What type of living quarters would newly married couples have in the past and when Lila lived among the Awlad 'Ali?
8. How does a modest woman show virtuous womanhood?
9. In what behavior would a good bride engage in on her wedding day?
10. How did Nafla resist an unwanted marriage when she was fourteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the changes in the Awald 'Ali way of life because of changes in their world. Use examples from the book to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss how providers (persons in authority) treat their dependents.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss the reasons why Lila's father accompanied her when she made her first contact with the Awlad 'Ali.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)