|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wives does Aziza's brother have?
2. What did a physician say caused the death of a girl about seventeen years old?
(a) A concussion.
(b) A ruptured appendix.
(d) A tumor.
3. In a photograph on page 192, what did women use as a windbreak?
(b) A hubcap.
(c) A board.
(d) Old olive oil tin.
4. When Rashid's second wife ran away, who does Rashid blame?
(a) His first wife.
(b) A woman in the household.
(c) His brother.
(d) A child in the household.
5. How old was the Haj when he had his first romance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What upset Migdim when she came to stay in the household where Lila was living?
2. What was the only thing that Lila was usually able to tape record?
3. In ghinnawas, what did the word 'agl mean to the Bedouin?
4. Why did Aziza not remarry?
5. How many syllables are in ghinnawas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a ghinnawa?
2. What was Mabruka's response when she was accused of sorcery?
3. Why did Mabruka refuse to attend the wedding when her husband married a second wife?
4. For the Awlad 'Ali, how does poetry relate to the past?
5. What two generalizations did Lila make about the range of sentiments expressed in ghinnawas?
6. After hearing so much about the value of hasham, why was Lila shocked to learn about one young woman in the camp?
7. Why was poetry gradually disappearing from public ceremonial occasions?
8. What was Aziza's story?
9. What did Lila mean when she used the word discourse?
10. Why were romances unlikely to result in marriage?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)