|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a photograph on page 192, what did women use as a windbreak?
(a) A board.
(b) Old olive oil tin.
(c) A hubcap.
2. What does ghinnawa mean?
(a) Quiet song.
(b) Thoughtful poem.
(c) Beautiful poem.
(d) Little song.
3. What accompanied a message Mabruka sends when warning the recipient to beware?
(a) A garment.
(b) A blanket.
(c) Pot of food.
(d) A special beverage.
4. Who did Mabruka, Rashid's first wife, blame for Rashid's second marriage?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother-in-law.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband's uncle.
5. Where had Aziza's husband been working when they marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did men share poems?
2. In a love story told in Chapter 8, what happened to a woodcutter?
3. What primary emotion is featured in ghinnawas?
4. How many days did paternal relatives wail and cry at a camp where an old woman died suddenly?
5. How many women had the Haj been prevented from marrying because of a family member?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)