|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion about her husband's second marriage did Mabruka's poetry reveal?
2. How many lines do ghinnawas have?
3. What accompanied a message Mabruka sends when warning the recipient to beware?
(a) A special beverage.
(b) A garment.
(c) Pot of food.
(d) A blanket.
4. How did women feel if men heard them singing or reciting poetry?
5. What illness did Aziza have?
(a) A problem with menstruation.
(b) A heart murmur.
(d) A hideous and painful skin disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the person usually most responsible for preventing love matches?
2. Who did Mabruka, Rashid's first wife, blame for Rashid's second marriage?
3. When an individual wrote a poem about personal experiences, with whom did the writer identify?
4. What upset Migdim when she came to stay in the household where Lila was living?
5. Where did Rashid sleep when he assigned blame to someone for his second wife's running away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Lila rarely able to tape-record anything when she was in the field?
2. How do reactions to a husband's second marriage vary?
3. Why wasn't the Haj allowed to marry a girl he loved when he was 17?
4. Why was poetry gradually disappearing from public ceremonial occasions?
5. When were ghinnawas sung at weddings?
6. After hearing so much about the value of hasham, why was Lila shocked to learn about one young woman in the camp?
7. How is the threat of sexuality to the Bedouin system dealt with?
8. In bereavement, how did the Awlad 'Ali express their sentiments?
9. What was Aziza's story?
10. Are ghinnawas a traditional form?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)