|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When an individual wrote a poem about personal experiences, with whom did the writer identify?
(a) Beloved relatives.
(b) Tragic heroes and heroines from the past.
(c) People they respect in the community.
(d) Respected ancestors.
2. What were two women doing when Lila captured their conversation and songs on tape?
(a) Caring for children.
(b) Visiting neighbors.
(c) Doing laundry.
(d) Sewing a tent.
3. How many of the adults in the community where Lila lived had been officially divorced at least once?
(a) Over 1/3.
(c) Over 1/2.
4. What analogy was often drawn in poetry?
(a) An analogy between the poet and young children.
(b) An analogy between the poet and brothers.
(c) An analogy between the poet and the tribe.
(d) An analogy between the poet and sisters.
5. What was Bateson discussing when he argued that art corrects a too-limited and ultimately destructive understanding of the world?
(a) Thai art.
(b) Vietnamese art.
(c) Bedouin art.
(d) Balinese art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What primary emotion is featured in ghinnawas?
2. Who was the person usually most responsible for preventing love matches?
3. At what age did Awlad 'Ali girls marry?
4. How many days did paternal relatives wail and cry at a camp where an old woman died suddenly?
5. What German explorer published ghinnawas?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)