|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a physician say caused the death of a girl about seventeen years old?
(a) A tumor.
(b) A ruptured appendix.
(d) A concussion.
2. What primary emotion is featured in ghinnawas?
3. How many lines do ghinnawas have?
4. How did women feel if men heard them singing or reciting poetry?
5. When an individual wrote a poem about personal experiences, with whom did the writer identify?
(a) People they respect in the community.
(b) Tragic heroes and heroines from the past.
(c) Respected ancestors.
(d) Beloved relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what tribe was the girl that the Haj loved when he was young?
2. How would a body be prepared in proper Muslim fashion?
3. In ghinnawas, what did the word 'agl mean to the Bedouin?
4. When a girl of about seventeen died, which male relative cried at the funeral?
5. Of the ghinnawas that Lila recorded when she stayed with the Awlad 'Ali, how many were duplicates?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Awlad 'Ali present themselves through their poems?
2. For the Awlad 'Ali, how does poetry relate to the past?
3. Why wasn't the Haj allowed to marry a girl he loved when he was 17?
4. Why were romances unlikely to result in marriage?
5. How are ghinnawas linked to romantic love?
6. Are ghinnawas a traditional form?
7. With whom are poems shared?
8. What is a ghinnawa?
9. Why are analogies drawn in poetry between the poet and young children?
10. What was Aziza's story?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)