|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project did Mabruka refuse to help with because of Rashid's second marriage?
(a) Sewing a blanket.
(b) Sewing a dress.
(c) Sewing a quilt.
(d) Sewing a tent.
2. How many lines do ghinnawas have?
3. In a love story in Chapter 8, how close to home was a boy when he fell ill and died?
(a) 1 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 3 days.
4. In a love story in Chapter 8, who killed a girl when she wailed and cried over the death of the boy she loved?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her father.
5. From what tribe was the girl that the Haj loved when he was young?
(a) Zaab tribe.
(b) Ghamid tribe.
(c) Mrabit tribe.
(d) Harb tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Aziza have?
2. The absence of what was marked by sharing of poetry between individuals?
3. With whom did Aziza have recurring problems?
4. What does ghinnawa mean?
5. Why did Aziza not remarry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are ghinnawas a traditional form?
2. How was the youngest adult man in the group of agnatic kinsmen where Lila did her fieldwork killed?
3. Why were romances unlikely to result in marriage?
4. What did Lila mean when she used the word discourse?
5. What is a ghinnawa?
6. After hearing so much about the value of hasham, why was Lila shocked to learn about one young woman in the camp?
7. What other groups compose and recite ghinnawas?
8. What are the costs of arranged marriages?
9. How do the Awlad 'Ali present themselves through their poems?
10. In bereavement, how did the Awlad 'Ali express their sentiments?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)