|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of trees did the Awlad 'Ali plant?
(a) Willow and mulberry trees.
(b) Olive and almond trees.
(c) Palm and date trees.
(d) Sycamore and lotus trees.
2. What does an unmarried girl use to cover her head?
(a) A small hat.
(b) A veil.
(c) A kerchief.
(d) A headcloth.
3. What was closely tied to the moral nature among the Awlad 'Ali?
4. Which direction did Lila travel from Alexandria to reach the area where the Awald 'Ali lived?
5. What changed the Haj's mother's attitude toward Lila?
(a) Her husband's funeral.
(b) Her daughter's wedding.
(c) Her son's wedding.
(d) Her brother's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the man who was criticized for going to find a runaway second wife?
2. What beach is mentioned in the "Alexandria Quartet?"
3. In the Bedouin community where Lila lived, how many times a day did the men try to pray?
4. What color was the compound where Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
5. In the camp where Lila lived, how many adults divorced at least once?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions and doubts do anthropologists deal with when doing field work?
2. How did the Bedouin like to honor guests?
3. Why might a woman have no choice, but to obey her husband?
4. How did people greet the birth of a girl?
5. What did a woman whose daughter was about to marry a respected man in the camp say that her daughter wanted in a man?
6. In the past, what was the relationship between the Awlad 'Ali and the Mrabtin?
7. What did Rashid's brothers want him to do about a runaway second wife?
8. What was the difference that a woman might feel during a pregnancy depending on whether she was carrying a boy or a girl?
9. Describe the ritual performed by children to bring rain.
10. How did people greet the birth of a boy?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)