|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bedouins believe caused serious illness?
(a) The use of an amulet or charm.
(b) Being cursed.
(c) Solitary encounters in deserted places with jinn.
(d) Exposure to black magic.
2. Who gave the Awlad 'Ali rights to land in the Western desert in the nineteenth century?
(a) Ibrahim Pasha.
(b) Muhammad Abdel Halim.
(c) Ali Sadik Bey.
(d) Mohammad 'Ali.
3. During World War II, who fought battles on Bedouin soil?
(a) Egyptians and Libyans.
(c) Germans and British.
4. What tribes were the true Awlad 'Ali?
(a) Al Adwan.
5. When did the Awlad 'Ali migrate to the desert?
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors were associated with uncleanliness and women?
2. During what month was rain essential for the Awlad 'Ali to water their crops?
3. What did Bedouins believe would dry up a new mother's milk?
4. Which city was near the mountain where Adam and Eve met again after being banished from the garden by God?
5. Where did Adam and Eve meet again after God banished them?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom are poems shared?
2. What type of living quarters would newly married couples have in the past and when Lila lived among the Awlad 'Ali?
3. How did people greet the birth of a girl?
4. How does a modest woman show virtuous womanhood?
5. How did the Awlad 'Ali obtain water for their daily needs?
6. What was Mabruka's response when she was accused of sorcery?
7. How do the Awlad 'Ali present themselves through their poems?
8. What two generalizations did Lila make about the range of sentiments expressed in ghinnawas?
9. For the Awlad 'Ali, how does poetry relate to the past?
10. What did a woman whose daughter was about to marry a respected man in the camp say that her daughter wanted in a man?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)