|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the man who was criticized for going to find a runaway second wife?
(a) Early 40's.
(b) Early 50's.
(c) Late 30's.
(d) Late 60's.
2. When did the Awlad 'Ali migrate into Egypt?
(a) 14th century.
(b) 13th century.
(c) End of the 17th or 18th centuries.
(d) End of the 15th or 16th centuries.
3. What were the client tribes called?
4. Why was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a time?
(a) He was detained by government authorities.
(b) He was in prison.
(c) He was visiting kin.
(d) He had been arrested in Cairo.
5. During what month was rain essential for the Awlad 'Ali to water their crops?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the man who lost respect because he submitted to his passions and chased women?
2. In a story about the creation of Adam and Eve, what instrument was the Devil playing?
3. During World War II, who fought battles on Bedouin soil?
4. When did Lila live with the Awlad 'Ali?
5. What was the standard by which status was measured and hierarchy determined in Awlad 'Ali society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions and doubts do anthropologists deal with when doing field work?
2. How did Nafla resist an unwanted marriage when she was fourteen?
3. How were brides carried from her natal home in the past and when Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
4. How could a woman resist a tyrannical husband?
5. What type of living quarters would newly married couples have in the past and when Lila lived among the Awlad 'Ali?
6. How were Lila's expectations of the Bedouins different from the reality?
7. What did Rashid's brothers want him to do about a runaway second wife?
8. Under what circumstances could a woman kill an animal?
9. How did people greet the birth of a boy?
10. What did a woman whose daughter was about to marry a respected man in the camp say that her daughter wanted in a man?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)