|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wives was a wealthy man reputed to have married in his lifetime?
2. What does an unmarried girl use to cover her head?
(a) A headcloth.
(b) A small hat.
(c) A kerchief.
(d) A veil.
3. What tribes were the true Awlad 'Ali?
(a) Al Adwan.
4. What was a man who needed women called?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A dog.
(c) A skunk.
(d) A turkey.
5. When Lila did her fieldwork, how many of the five core household heads married paternal first cousins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Bedouin social system touted to be?
2. When did the Awlad 'Ali typically consummate a marriage after the wedding?
3. In a Bedouin story, what was God's reason for forbidding Adam and Eve to eat fruit from a particular tree?
4. Where did Adam and Eve meet again after God banished them?
5. In a folk tale, what did the food look like that a holy man gave a barren woman who asked for something to make her fertile?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Lila's expectations of the Bedouins different from the reality?
2. When and why were the Awlad 'Ali given rights to land in the Western desert?
3. Why was the Haj's mother reserved with Lila at first and why did her attitude change?
4. In what behavior would a good bride engage in on her wedding day?
5. What did patrons do for clients?
6. Why did Lila's father go with her to the area where the Awlad 'Ali lived?
7. What did Rashid's brothers want him to do about a runaway second wife?
8. How were brides carried from her natal home in the past and when Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
9. How did the Awlad 'Ali obtain water for their daily needs?
10. How could a woman resist a tyrannical husband?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)