|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During World War II, who fought battles on Bedouin soil?
(a) Egyptians and Libyans.
(b) Germans and British.
2. When did the ancestors of the Awlad 'Ali sweep through North Africa?
(a) 10th century.
(b) 11th century.
(c) 13th century.
(d) 12th century.
3. Who was the man who was criticized for going to find a runaway second wife?
4. What did the Awlad 'Ali believe distinguished them from and made them superior to other peoples?
5. Where was a young man shot during an altercation between some Bedouin men and a group of Egyptian soldiers riding on a train through a Bedouin area?
(a) In the arm.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month was rain essential for the Awlad 'Ali to water their crops?
2. What word described a Bedouin man's years of youth?
3. What illness did the Bedouin believe could be caused by fright?
4. What was the Bedouin social system touted to be?
5. In the camp where Lila lived, how many adults divorced at least once?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and why were the Awlad 'Ali given rights to land in the Western desert?
2. Why did foreigners call taxis in Alexandria "flying coffins"?
3. What did clients do for their patrons?
4. What was the difference that a woman might feel during a pregnancy depending on whether she was carrying a boy or a girl?
5. Why was the Haj's mother reserved with Lila at first and why did her attitude change?
6. In what behavior would a good bride engage in on her wedding day?
7. How did the Bedouin like to honor guests?
8. How were Lila's expectations of the Bedouins different from the reality?
9. What did Rashid's brothers want him to do about a runaway second wife?
10. What type of living quarters would newly married couples have in the past and when Lila lived among the Awlad 'Ali?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)