|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country did the Awlad 'Ali migrate?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
2. In the camp where Lila lived, how many adults divorced at least once?
3. What was the standard by which status was measured and hierarchy determined in Awlad 'Ali society?
(c) Autonomy or freedom.
(d) Strength or dignity.
4. At what age was a Bedouin man considered beyond the passions of youth?
5. Which direction did Lila travel from Alexandria to reach the area where the Awald 'Ali lived?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many client households were in the camp where Lila lived?
2. What pious activity was forbidden to menstruating women?
3. What lake could one smell after crossing a one-lane bridge leading from Alexandria to the desert?
4. What were women said to fear?
5. Where did a youth from the Awlad 'Ali community go to have a serious operation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the difference that a woman might feel during a pregnancy depending on whether she was carrying a boy or a girl?
2. What did patrons do for clients?
3. What did a woman whose daughter was about to marry a respected man in the camp say that her daughter wanted in a man?
4. What did clients do for their patrons?
5. Why did Lila go to Cairo every few weeks during the first few months she lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
6. Why did foreigners call taxis in Alexandria "flying coffins"?
7. What Bedouin story was told to show that the Egyptians lack nobility of origin?
8. What did Rashid's brothers want him to do about a runaway second wife?
9. In what behavior would a good bride engage in on her wedding day?
10. How did the Bedouin like to honor guests?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)