|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Awlad 'Ali migrate to the desert?
2. What was closely tied to the moral nature among the Awlad 'Ali?
3. Where was a young man shot during an altercation between some Bedouin men and a group of Egyptian soldiers riding on a train through a Bedouin area?
(a) In the mouth.
(b) In the arm.
(c) In the chest.
(d) In the back.
4. In what city had the bonds between Bedouin kin been weakened in favor of those between neighbors?
(a) Marsa Matruh.
(b) El Moderian.
(c) Sidi Barrani.
5. Which direction did Lila travel from Alexandria to reach the area where the Awald 'Ali lived?
Short Answer Questions
1. How frequent were droughts in Awlad 'Ali territory?
2. Where did God banish Adam after he ate the fruit?
3. What were women said to fear?
4. What color was the compound where Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
5. After a feast for a neighbor who returned from a pilgrimage, what did Lila and some adolescent girls do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Bedouin like to honor guests?
2. Describe the ritual performed by children to bring rain.
3. What type of living quarters would newly married couples have in the past and when Lila lived among the Awlad 'Ali?
4. Under what circumstances could a woman kill an animal?
5. How did the Awlad 'Ali obtain water for their daily needs?
6. What did Rashid's brothers want him to do about a runaway second wife?
7. Why was the Haj's mother reserved with Lila at first and why did her attitude change?
8. In the past, what was the relationship between the Awlad 'Ali and the Mrabtin?
9. What questions and doubts do anthropologists deal with when doing field work?
10. Why did Lila's father go with her to the area where the Awlad 'Ali lived?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)