|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Awlad 'Ali typically consummate a marriage after the wedding?
(a) Early afternoon of the wedding day.
(b) Morning after the wedding.
(c) A week after the wedding.
(d) Late at night after the wedding.
2. When did Lila's new life begin to seem natural, so she felt as if she belonged with the Awlad 'Ali?
(a) After 18 months.
(b) After 12 months.
(c) After 15 months.
(d) After 6 months.
3. What was the standard by which status was measured and hierarchy determined in Awlad 'Ali society?
(a) Strength or dignity.
(c) Autonomy or freedom.
4. In the camp where Lila lived, how many adults divorced at least once?
5. What was a man who needed women called?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A dog.
(d) A skunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the compound where Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
2. How old was Nafla when her family tried to force her into a marriage?
3. In Bedouin ideology, what determined a man's authority?
4. What colors were associated with uncleanliness and women?
5. Why was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did patrons do for clients?
2. How did people greet the birth of a boy?
3. How did people greet the birth of a girl?
4. What was the difference that a woman might feel during a pregnancy depending on whether she was carrying a boy or a girl?
5. How far had some men traveled outside the Awlad 'Ali community?
6. What did clients do for their patrons?
7. What did a woman whose daughter was about to marry a respected man in the camp say that her daughter wanted in a man?
8. How does a modest woman show virtuous womanhood?
9. Why did Bedouin women keep their ties to their kin even after marriage?
10. What Bedouin story was told to show that the Egyptians lack nobility of origin?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)