|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many inches of rain commonly fell in Awlad 'Ali territory?
(a) 2 to 4 inches.
(b) 1 to 2 inches.
(c) 5 to 6 inches.
(d) 7 to 8 inches.
2. In the section "Identification and Sharing," why did a woman threaten to leave her husband?
(a) Because he slurred her father's name.
(b) Because he took another wife.
(c) Because he mistreated a child.
(d) Because he hit her.
3. Why was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a time?
(a) He was in prison.
(b) He was detained by government authorities.
(c) He was visiting kin.
(d) He had been arrested in Cairo.
4. Where did a youth from the Awlad 'Ali community go to have a serious operation?
5. What tribes were the true Awlad 'Ali?
(c) Al Adwan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lila did her fieldwork, how many of the five core household heads married paternal first cousins?
2. In the camp where Lila lived, how many adults divorced at least once?
3. Before Lila arrived, how long had it been since the Awlad 'Ali migrated to the desert?
4. What was closely tied to the moral nature among the Awlad 'Ali?
5. When was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a period?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did people greet the birth of a girl?
2. How did people greet the birth of a boy?
3. Under what circumstances could a woman kill an animal?
4. When and why were the Awlad 'Ali given rights to land in the Western desert?
5. What did patrons do for clients?
6. How did the Bedouin like to honor guests?
7. Why did foreigners call taxis in Alexandria "flying coffins"?
8. How did the Awlad 'Ali obtain water for their daily needs?
9. Why did Lila go to Cairo every few weeks during the first few months she lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
10. In the past, what was the relationship between the Awlad 'Ali and the Mrabtin?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)