|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a period?
(a) Six months before the end of Lila's fieldwork.
(b) For six months during the second year of Lila's fieldwork.
(c) For her first two months in the field.
(d) Toward the end of Lila's time in the field.
2. What did the Awlad 'Ali believe distinguished them from and made them superior to other peoples?
3. What were Bedouin tents made of before the Awlad 'Ali moved into houses?
(a) Woven wool.
(b) Camel skins.
(c) Sheep skins.
(d) Burlap sacks.
4. When did Lila live with the Awlad 'Ali?
(a) March 1978 to November 1980.
(b) January 1976 to March 1978.
(c) October 1978 to May 1980.
(d) April 1981 to June 1983.
5. Where did God banish Eve after she ate the fruit?
(a) To the south.
(b) To the east.
(c) To the north.
(d) To the west.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a story told to Lila about loving daughters and abusive and heartless sons, how many daughters did a woman have?
2. How old was Nafla when her family tried to force her into a marriage?
3. What color was the compound where Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
4. What tribes were the true Awlad 'Ali?
5. In the desert, what animal did they hunt at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a modest woman show virtuous womanhood?
2. What did Rashid's brothers want him to do about a runaway second wife?
3. Why was the Haj's mother reserved with Lila at first and why did her attitude change?
4. What type of living quarters would newly married couples have in the past and when Lila lived among the Awlad 'Ali?
5. How far had some men traveled outside the Awlad 'Ali community?
6. How did Nafla resist an unwanted marriage when she was fourteen?
7. What did patrons do for clients?
8. How were brides carried from her natal home in the past and when Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
9. What did a woman whose daughter was about to marry a respected man in the camp say that her daughter wanted in a man?
10. How did the Awlad 'Ali obtain water for their daily needs?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)