|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mabruka, Rashid's first wife, blame for Rashid's second marriage?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother-in-law.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her husband's uncle.
2. From what tribe was the girl that the Haj loved when he was young?
(a) Zaab tribe.
(b) Harb tribe.
(c) Mrabit tribe.
(d) Ghamid tribe.
3. A word the Haj used to refer to a married woman he loved shared the same root word with which other word of the choices?
4. How many women had the Haj been prevented from marrying because of a family member?
5. What was Bateson discussing when he argued that art corrects a too-limited and ultimately destructive understanding of the world?
(a) Bedouin art.
(b) Vietnamese art.
(c) Balinese art.
(d) Thai art.
6. With whom did Aziza have recurring problems?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
7. What is revealed in Awlad 'Ali poetry?
8. At what age did Awlad 'Ali boys marry?
(a) 18 to 25.
(b) 16 to 30.
(c) 20 to 35.
(d) 20 to 40.
9. What was a theme in the songs between two women that Lila captured on tape?
10. In a love story told in Chapter 8, what happened to a woodcutter?
(a) He cut off his foot.
(b) He was blinded.
(c) He cut off his hand.
(d) He sliced his fingers.
11. The absence of what was marked by sharing of poetry between individuals?
12. In a love story in Chapter 8, who killed a girl when she wailed and cried over the death of the boy she loved?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her uncle.
13. How old was the Haj when he had his first romance?
14. What primary emotion is featured in ghinnawas?
15. When did a German explorer publish ghinnawas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mabruka refuse to accept when Rashid married another wife?
2. Which particular gift given to her husband's new bride did the first wife Mabruka resent?
3. What popular cultural theme becomes tied up with ghinnawas?
4. How was the ghinnawa divisible?
5. What illness did Aziza have?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)