|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the year when the Haj had his first romance?
2. How did women feel if men heard them singing or reciting poetry?
3. In an age of trucks, what did wealthy men maintain even though they were obsolete?
(a) Camel herds.
(b) Cow herds.
(c) Sheep herds.
(d) Goat herds.
4. What analogy was often drawn in poetry?
(a) An analogy between the poet and brothers.
(b) An analogy between the poet and the tribe.
(c) An analogy between the poet and sisters.
(d) An analogy between the poet and young children.
5. In an archetypal love story, where did a boy go to get dates?
6. What emotion about her husband's second marriage did Mabruka's poetry reveal?
7. What project did Mabruka refuse to help with because of Rashid's second marriage?
(a) Sewing a blanket.
(b) Sewing a tent.
(c) Sewing a quilt.
(d) Sewing a dress.
8. What is revealed in Awlad 'Ali poetry?
9. What theme became associated most closely with the ghinnawa?
(d) Romantic love.
10. At what age did Awlad 'Ali girls marry?
(a) 14 to 18.
(b) 15 to 20.
(c) 13 to 17.
(d) 17 to 25.
11. What type of occasions would elders avoid so as not to hear ghinnawas publicly sung?
(a) Courtship ceremonies.
(b) Births of babies.
(c) Sheep shearings.
(d) Women's gatherings.
12. Whose definition did Lila use to define discourse?
13. When an old woman suddenly died, what did some suggest her husband had done?
(a) Choked her.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Strangled her.
(d) Hit her over the head.
14. After the senior magnate questioned family members about the sudden death of an old woman, what causes were suggested for her death?
(a) A stroke.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) Sadness because her daughter had died.
(d) A broken heart because her son died.
15. How old was Migdim?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wives does Aziza's brother have?
2. What was a theme in the songs between two women that Lila captured on tape?
3. In what point of view do they write ghinnawas?
4. In ghinnawas, what did the word 'agl mean to the Bedouin?
5. What was a reason Rashid might have taken a second wife?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)