|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Awlad 'Ali girls marry?
(a) 17 to 25.
(b) 15 to 20.
(c) 14 to 18.
(d) 13 to 17.
2. What project did Mabruka refuse to help with because of Rashid's second marriage?
(a) Sewing a dress.
(b) Sewing a tent.
(c) Sewing a blanket.
(d) Sewing a quilt.
3. How many wives does Aziza's brother have?
4. How did women feel if men heard them singing or reciting poetry?
5. In an archetypal love story, where did a boy go to get dates?
6. What type of personal relationships were of great concern among the Bedouins?
(a) Father and son relationships.
(b) Love relationships with persons of the opposite sex.
(c) Relationships between different tribes.
(d) Mother and daughter relationships.
7. What was the year when the Haj had his first romance?
8. What part of the body was frequently mentioned in ghinnawas?
9. In a love story told in Chapter 8, what happened to a woodcutter?
(a) He sliced his fingers.
(b) He cut off his foot.
(c) He cut off his hand.
(d) He was blinded.
10. What did the Awlad 'Ali believe should be evoked by beautiful poetry?
11. In a love story in Chapter 8, how close to home was a boy when he fell ill and died?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 days.
(d) 4 days.
12. When a girl of about seventeen died, which male relative cried at the funeral?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
13. Where had Aziza's husband been working when they marry?
14. When a girl of about seventeen died, who did her family blame?
(a) Her brother.
(b) A man who drove by too fast in a jeep.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) A man who frightened her by shooting a rifle in the air.
15. What is revealed in Awlad 'Ali poetry?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fayga was taken to visit her father, why did she wish to stay longer?
2. What was a theme in the songs between two women that Lila captured on tape?
3. In a love story told in Chapter 8, how far was a girl buried from the grave of her love?
4. How many women had the Haj been prevented from marrying because of a family member?
5. In a love story in Chapter 8, where did a boy and girl in love with each other meet ?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)