|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a love story in Chapter 8, where did a boy and girl in love with each other meet ?
(a) At the tent of an old lady.
(b) In the desert.
(c) At the tent of an uncle.
(d) At the tent of a cousin.
2. How old was Aziza?
(a) 26 years old.
(b) 27 years old.
(c) 33 years old.
(d) 35 years old.
3. In a love story in Chapter 8, how close to home was a boy when he fell ill and died?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 days.
(d) 3 days.
4. What part of the body was frequently mentioned in ghinnawas?
5. What was a theme in the songs between two women that Lila captured on tape?
6. When Fayga was taken to visit her father, why did she wish to stay longer?
(a) To see a cousin.
(b) To see a sister.
(c) To see an uncle.
(d) To see a younger brother.
7. When a girl of about seventeen died, which male relative cried at the funeral?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
8. How would a body be prepared in proper Muslim fashion?
(a) Anoint the body with spices.
(b) Wrap the body in a cloth.
(c) Place drops of water in the person's mouth and tie the jaw shut.
(d) Close the eyes with coins.
9. Whose definition did Lila use to define discourse?
10. In a love story told in Chapter 8, what happened to a woodcutter?
(a) He cut off his hand.
(b) He cut off his foot.
(c) He was blinded.
(d) He sliced his fingers.
11. How did women feel if men heard them singing or reciting poetry?
12. What did a physician say caused the death of a girl about seventeen years old?
(b) A tumor.
(c) A ruptured appendix.
(d) A concussion.
13. What analogy was often drawn in poetry?
(a) An analogy between the poet and sisters.
(b) An analogy between the poet and brothers.
(c) An analogy between the poet and the tribe.
(d) An analogy between the poet and young children.
14. What did many poems explicitly request?
(a) Help or care.
15. What was Bateson discussing when he argued that art corrects a too-limited and ultimately destructive understanding of the world?
(a) Vietnamese art.
(b) Bedouin art.
(c) Thai art.
(d) Balinese art.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what occasion did Lila hear men sing in public?
2. Where had Aziza's husband been working when they marry?
3. What were two women doing when Lila captured their conversation and songs on tape?
4. How was the ghinnawa divisible?
5. Who was the person usually most responsible for preventing love matches?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)