|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Awlad 'Ali boys marry?
(a) 16 to 30.
(b) 20 to 40.
(c) 18 to 25.
(d) 20 to 35.
2. What emotion about her husband's second marriage did Mabruka's poetry reveal?
3. When Fayga was taken to visit her father, why did she wish to stay longer?
(a) To see a younger brother.
(b) To see a sister.
(c) To see an uncle.
(d) To see a cousin.
4. How many days did paternal relatives wail and cry at a camp where an old woman died suddenly?
5. Along with other Muslims, where do the Awlad 'Ali believe children go when they die?
(d) A place between heaven and hell.
6. What did many poems explicitly request?
(c) Help or care.
7. When a girl of about seventeen died, who did her family blame?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) A man who frightened her by shooting a rifle in the air.
(c) A man who drove by too fast in a jeep.
(d) Her brother.
8. How old was the Haj when he finally married?
9. How many ghinnawas did a German explorer publish?
(b) 200 or so.
(c) 100 or so.
10. What did a physician say caused the death of a girl about seventeen years old?
(b) A tumor.
(c) A ruptured appendix.
(d) A concussion.
11. How many women had the Haj been prevented from marrying because of a family member?
12. How old was the Haj when he had his first romance?
13. How many syllables are in ghinnawas?
14. How old was Migdim?
15. What part of the body was frequently mentioned in ghinnawas?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did women feel if men heard them singing or reciting poetry?
2. In an age of trucks, what did wealthy men maintain even though they were obsolete?
3. Who did Mabruka, Rashid's first wife, blame for Rashid's second marriage?
4. When Rashid's second wife ran away, who does Rashid blame?
5. What was a reason Rashid might have taken a second wife?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)