|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beach is mentioned in the "Alexandria Quartet?"
(d) Bourg El Arab.
2. In the camp where Lila lived, how many adults were in the fourteen households that made up the camp?
3. What was a man who needed women called?
(a) A dog.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A skunk.
(d) A turkey.
4. During World War II, who fought battles on Bedouin soil?
(c) Egyptians and Libyans.
(d) Germans and British.
5. Where did God banish Eve after she ate the fruit?
(a) To the west.
(b) To the south.
(c) To the north.
(d) To the east.
6. How old was Nafla when her family tried to force her into a marriage?
7. In the desert, what animal did they hunt at night?
(a) Game birds.
(c) Wild hares.
(d) Wild dogs.
8. What form of poetry did the ghinnawas most resemble?
(a) Japanese haiku.
(b) An Italian canzone.
(c) A quatrain.
(d) A cinquain.
9. How many inches of rain commonly fell in Awlad 'Ali territory?
(a) 1 to 2 inches.
(b) 7 to 8 inches.
(c) 5 to 6 inches.
(d) 2 to 4 inches.
10. In a story about the creation of Adam and Eve, what instrument was the Devil playing?
(a) A flute.
(b) A drum.
(c) A stringed instrument.
(d) A harmonica.
11. Who was the man who was criticized for going to find a runaway second wife?
12. What color cloth would a woman in mourning tie around her waist?
(a) A white cloth.
(b) A black cloth.
(c) A green cloth.
(d) A red cloth.
13. How old was the Haj, head of the household, where Lila lived?
(a) Close to 50.
(b) Close to 60.
(c) About 45.
(d) About 55.
14. What beverage is mentioned in the "Alexandria Quartet?"
15. In a folktale, what did Muhammad buh Sultan send to be watered at the spring where a beautiful girl lived?
(a) A goat.
(b) A camel.
(c) A horse.
(d) A sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did military rule of the Western desert end?
2. In the Bedouin community where Lila lived, how many times a day did the men try to pray?
3. What was closely tied to the moral nature among the Awlad 'Ali?
4. What were the client tribes called?
5. During what month was rain essential for the Awlad 'Ali to water their crops?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)