|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lila left, how many children did the Haj have?
2. What beach is mentioned in the "Alexandria Quartet?"
(c) Bourg El Arab.
3. How old was the man who lost respect because he submitted to his passions and chased women?
4. In the desert, what animal did they hunt at night?
(a) Wild dogs.
(b) Wild hares.
(c) Game birds.
5. What were Bedouin tents made of before the Awlad 'Ali moved into houses?
(a) Woven wool.
(b) Camel skins.
(c) Sheep skins.
(d) Burlap sacks.
6. What lake could one smell after crossing a one-lane bridge leading from Alexandria to the desert?
(a) Lake Timsah.
(b) Lake Idku.
(c) Lake Mariut.
(d) Lake Nasser.
7. Where did God banish Adam after he ate the fruit?
(a) To the north.
(b) To the east.
(c) To the west.
(d) To the south.
8. What values were at the heart of the Awlad 'Ali moral system?
(a) Strength and dignity.
(b) Honor and modesty.
(c) Honesty and justice.
(d) Courage and valor.
9. In the camp where Lila lived, how many adults divorced at least once?
10. What illness did the Bedouin believe could be caused by fright?
11. What types of trees surrounded crude structures at the edge of the Western desert?
(a) Almond Trees.
(b) Dwarf fig trees.
(c) Sycamore trees.
(d) Olive Trees.
12. Before Lila arrived, how long had it been since the Awlad 'Ali migrated to the desert?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
13. Who gave the Awlad 'Ali rights to land in the Western desert in the nineteenth century?
(a) Muhammad Abdel Halim.
(b) Ibrahim Pasha.
(c) Mohammad 'Ali.
(d) Ali Sadik Bey.
14. During what month was rain essential for the Awlad 'Ali to water their crops?
15. What colors were associated with purity and with men?
(a) Yellow and red.
(b) Black and red.
(c) Blue and white.
(d) White and green.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was a Bedouin man considered beyond the passions of youth?
2. What were the client tribes called?
3. How many children did the man, who was criticized for going to find his runaway second wife, have with his first wife?
4. In a story told to Lila about loving daughters and abusive and heartless sons, how many daughters did a woman have?
5. Which city was near the mountain where Adam and Eve met again after being banished from the garden by God?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)