|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a story told to Lila about loving daughters and abusive and heartless sons, how many daughters did a woman have?
2. In the "Alexandria Quartet," what was a Bedouin youth carrying on his head?
(a) A wrapped bundle.
(b) A bucket of water.
(c) A clay pot.
(d) A crate of wild birds.
3. After a feast for a neighbor who returned from a pilgrimage, what did Lila and some adolescent girls do?
(a) Prepared food.
(b) Carried water.
(d) Collected firewood.
4. In a folk tale, what did the food look like that a holy man gave a barren woman who asked for something to make her fertile?
5. What types of trees did the Awlad 'Ali plant?
(a) Willow and mulberry trees.
(b) Olive and almond trees.
(c) Sycamore and lotus trees.
(d) Palm and date trees.
6. What types of trees surrounded crude structures at the edge of the Western desert?
(a) Olive Trees.
(b) Almond Trees.
(c) Dwarf fig trees.
(d) Sycamore trees.
7. Who wrote the "Alexandria Quartet?"
(a) Robert Douchester.
(b) Lawrence Durrell.
(c) Philip Manchester.
(d) David Corell.
8. How many client households were in the camp where Lila lived?
9. What word described a Bedouin man's years of youth?
(a) Sinn ir-rushd.
10. Who helped Lila finally begin to interpret the poems she was hearing?
(a) A Bedouin in Cairo.
(b) A Jordanian in Alexandria.
(c) An Egyptian in Alexandria.
(d) A Libyan in Cairo.
11. In a story about the creation of Adam and Eve, what instrument was the Devil playing?
(a) A stringed instrument.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A drum.
(d) A flute.
12. Which city was near the mountain where Adam and Eve met again after being banished from the garden by God?
(d) Ar Riyad.
13. What beach is mentioned in the "Alexandria Quartet?"
(c) Bourg El Arab.
14. How frequent were droughts in Awlad 'Ali territory?
(a) About every 7 years.
(b) About every 10 years.
(c) About every 5 years.
(d) About every 6 years.
15. Who was the man who was criticized for going to find a runaway second wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a folktale, what did Muhammad buh Sultan send to be watered at the spring where a beautiful girl lived?
2. In the desert, what animal did they hunt at night?
3. During the first few months that Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali, how often would Lila travel to Cairo?
4. In the camp where Lila lived, how many adults were in the fourteen households that made up the camp?
5. What did Bedouins believe caused serious illness?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)