|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tribes were the true Awlad 'Ali?
(b) Al Adwan.
2. What values were at the heart of the Awlad 'Ali moral system?
(a) Honesty and justice.
(b) Honor and modesty.
(c) Strength and dignity.
(d) Courage and valor.
3. What tragedy had a middle-aged wife of a powerful tribal leader experienced two and a half years before she recited a poem to Lila?
(a) Lost her only son.
(b) Her husband was killed.
(c) Her brother died.
(d) Her daughter died.
4. What types of trees did the Awlad 'Ali plant?
(a) Olive and almond trees.
(b) Sycamore and lotus trees.
(c) Palm and date trees.
(d) Willow and mulberry trees.
5. What lake could one smell after crossing a one-lane bridge leading from Alexandria to the desert?
(a) Lake Mariut.
(b) Lake Timsah.
(c) Lake Idku.
(d) Lake Nasser.
6. During World War II, who fought battles on Bedouin soil?
(a) Egyptians and Libyans.
(c) Germans and British.
7. Where did God banish Eve after she ate the fruit?
(a) To the north.
(b) To the south.
(c) To the west.
(d) To the east.
8. How old was the runaway second wife of the husband who was criticized for going to find her?
(a) 7 years younger than her husband.
(b) 15 to 20 years younger than her husband.
(c) 5 to 10 years younger than her husband.
(d) 12 years younger than her husband.
9. In the camp where Lila lived, how many adults were in the fourteen households that made up the camp?
10. What beach is mentioned in the "Alexandria Quartet?"
(d) Bourg El Arab.
11. How many wives was a wealthy man reputed to have married in his lifetime?
12. Where did Adam and Eve meet again after God banished them?
(a) Mt. Arafat.
(b) Mt. Nablus.
(c) Mt. Petra.
(d) Mt. Gilboa.
13. What colors were associated with purity and with men?
(a) Yellow and red.
(b) Black and red.
(c) White and green.
(d) Blue and white.
14. In a story told to Lila about loving daughters and abusive and heartless sons, how many daughters did a woman have?
15. Before Lila arrived, how long had it been since the Awlad 'Ali migrated to the desert?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many inches of rain commonly fell in Awlad 'Ali territory?
2. How old was the Haj, head of the household, where Lila lived?
3. What color cummerbund would the women of the Awlad 'Ali wear around their waists?
4. What pious activity was forbidden to menstruating women?
5. Where did God banish Adam after he ate the fruit?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)