|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bedouins believe caused serious illness?
(a) The use of an amulet or charm.
(b) Exposure to black magic.
(c) Solitary encounters in deserted places with jinn.
(d) Being cursed.
2. What types of trees surrounded crude structures at the edge of the Western desert?
(a) Almond Trees.
(b) Olive Trees.
(c) Dwarf fig trees.
(d) Sycamore trees.
3. Where was a young man shot during an altercation between some Bedouin men and a group of Egyptian soldiers riding on a train through a Bedouin area?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the mouth.
4. In a folktale, what did Muhammad buh Sultan send to be watered at the spring where a beautiful girl lived?
(a) A goat.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A camel.
(d) A horse.
5. In the desert, what animal did they hunt at night?
(a) Game birds.
(b) Wild dogs.
(d) Wild hares.
6. What were women said to fear?
(c) The dark.
7. In the Bedouin community where Lila lived, how many times a day did the men try to pray?
8. After a feast for a neighbor who returned from a pilgrimage, what did Lila and some adolescent girls do?
(b) Collected firewood.
(c) Prepared food.
(d) Carried water.
9. What color cloth would a woman in mourning tie around her waist?
(a) A white cloth.
(b) A green cloth.
(c) A black cloth.
(d) A red cloth.
10. What drapes over the tent or automobile that carries a bride to her new home?
(a) A large white blanket.
(b) A large red blanket.
(c) A man's white toga.
(d) A man's green toga.
11. How many client households were in the camp where Lila lived?
12. What beach is mentioned in the "Alexandria Quartet?"
(c) Bourg El Arab.
13. In a story told to Lila about loving daughters and abusive and heartless sons, how many daughters did a woman have?
14. How frequent were droughts in Awlad 'Ali territory?
(a) About every 5 years.
(b) About every 7 years.
(c) About every 10 years.
(d) About every 6 years.
15. What did the Awlad 'Ali believe distinguished them from and made them superior to other peoples?
Short Answer Questions
1. During World War II, who fought battles on Bedouin soil?
2. What color was the compound where Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
3. Who wrote the "Alexandria Quartet?"
4. Where did God banish Eve after she ate the fruit?
5. At what age was a Bedouin man considered beyond the passions of youth?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)