|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was a young man shot during an altercation between some Bedouin men and a group of Egyptian soldiers riding on a train through a Bedouin area?
(a) In the arm.
(b) In the mouth.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the chest.
2. How old was the man who was criticized for going to find a runaway second wife?
(a) Late 30's.
(b) Late 60's.
(c) Early 40's.
(d) Early 50's.
3. What color was the compound where Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
(b) Light blue.
4. What were the client tribes called?
5. What word described a Bedouin man's years of youth?
(b) Sinn ir-rushd.
6. What did the Awlad 'Ali believe distinguished them from and made them superior to other peoples?
7. What would ewes have been fed in the desert?
8. How far did the Western Desert stretch to the Libyan border?
(a) 1,000 kilometers.
(b) 600 kilometers.
(c) 500 kilometers.
(d) 1,500 kilometers.
9. What was closely tied to the moral nature among the Awlad 'Ali?
10. What were women said to fear?
(d) The dark.
11. What does an unmarried girl use to cover her head?
(a) A kerchief.
(b) A veil.
(c) A headcloth.
(d) A small hat.
12. What lake could one smell after crossing a one-lane bridge leading from Alexandria to the desert?
(a) Lake Mariut.
(b) Lake Idku.
(c) Lake Timsah.
(d) Lake Nasser.
13. Before Lila arrived, how long had it been since the Awlad 'Ali migrated to the desert?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 12 years.
14. Where did God banish Eve after she ate the fruit?
(a) To the south.
(b) To the east.
(c) To the north.
(d) To the west.
15. What did Bedouins believe would dry up a new mother's milk?
(a) Her being exposed to an evil eye.
(b) Her being cursed.
(c) Her eating the wrong food.
(d) Her being exposed to gold coins on another woman's necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lila live with the Awlad 'Ali?
2. In the "Alexandria Quartet," what was a Bedouin youth carrying on his head?
3. During World War II, who fought battles on Bedouin soil?
4. Why was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a time?
5. Who was the man who inherited wealth, but lost respect because he submitted to his passions and chased women?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)