|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Bedouin community where Lila lived, how many times a day did the men try to pray?
2. Where did God banish Eve after she ate the fruit?
(a) To the north.
(b) To the west.
(c) To the east.
(d) To the south.
3. How far did the Western Desert stretch to the Libyan border?
(a) 500 kilometers.
(b) 1,500 kilometers.
(c) 600 kilometers.
(d) 1,000 kilometers.
4. How old was the man who was criticized for going to find a runaway second wife?
(a) Late 30's.
(b) Early 40's.
(c) Late 60's.
(d) Early 50's.
5. What tribes were the true Awlad 'Ali?
(c) Al Adwan.
6. What was the standard by which status was measured and hierarchy determined in Awlad 'Ali society?
(b) Autonomy or freedom.
(d) Strength or dignity.
7. When did the Awlad 'Ali migrate into Egypt?
(a) End of the 15th or 16th centuries.
(b) End of the 17th or 18th centuries.
(c) 13th century.
(d) 14th century.
8. In a Bedouin story, what was God's reason for forbidding Adam and Eve to eat fruit from a particular tree?
(a) They would become like gods.
(b) They would die.
(c) It was poisonous.
(d) They would live forever.
9. When did Lila live with the Awlad 'Ali?
(a) January 1976 to March 1978.
(b) March 1978 to November 1980.
(c) October 1978 to May 1980.
(d) April 1981 to June 1983.
10. On page 120, what wild edible green do the children gather?
11. What types of trees surrounded crude structures at the edge of the Western desert?
(a) Sycamore trees.
(b) Olive Trees.
(c) Almond Trees.
(d) Dwarf fig trees.
12. What illness did the Bedouin believe could be caused by fright?
13. During what month was rain essential for the Awlad 'Ali to water their crops?
14. In Bedouin ideology, what determined a man's authority?
(a) Ascribed position.
(d) Moral worthiness.
15. Where did God banish Adam after he ate the fruit?
(a) To the east.
(b) To the south.
(c) To the west.
(d) To the north.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a period?
2. What types of trees did the Awlad 'Ali plant?
3. What beach is mentioned in the "Alexandria Quartet?"
4. What color cloth would a woman in mourning tie around her waist?
5. In the section "Identification and Sharing," why did a woman threaten to leave her husband?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)