|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the man who was criticized for going to find a runaway second wife?
2. How old was the man who lost respect because he submitted to his passions and chased women?
3. What illness did the Bedouin believe could be caused by fright?
4. What was the standard by which status was measured and hierarchy determined in Awlad 'Ali society?
(a) Autonomy or freedom.
(b) Strength or dignity.
5. When did Lila live with the Awlad 'Ali?
(a) January 1976 to March 1978.
(b) April 1981 to June 1983.
(c) March 1978 to November 1980.
(d) October 1978 to May 1980.
6. Why was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a time?
(a) He was detained by government authorities.
(b) He had been arrested in Cairo.
(c) He was in prison.
(d) He was visiting kin.
7. Which direction did Lila travel from Alexandria to reach the area where the Awald 'Ali lived?
8. In Bedouin ideology, what determined a man's authority?
(a) Moral worthiness.
(d) Ascribed position.
9. During World War II, who fought battles on Bedouin soil?
(a) Egyptians and Libyans.
(c) Germans and British.
10. In the desert, what animal did they hunt at night?
(a) Wild hares.
(b) Game birds.
(c) Wild dogs.
11. In a folk tale, what did the food look like that a holy man gave a barren woman who asked for something to make her fertile?
12. What crop did the Awlad 'Ali sow yearly?
13. Where did God banish Adam after he ate the fruit?
(a) To the east.
(b) To the north.
(c) To the west.
(d) To the south.
14. How many inches of rain commonly fell in Awlad 'Ali territory?
(a) 2 to 4 inches.
(b) 5 to 6 inches.
(c) 1 to 2 inches.
(d) 7 to 8 inches.
15. In the Bedouin community where Lila lived, how many times a day did the men try to pray?
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of trees did the Awlad 'Ali plant?
2. Which city was near the mountain where Adam and Eve met again after being banished from the garden by God?
3. When did the Awlad 'Ali migrate into Egypt?
4. When did the Awlad 'Ali migrate to the desert?
5. What would ewes have been fed in the desert?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)