Short Answer Key
Chapter 1, Guest and Daughter
1. Which direction did Lila travel from Alexandria to reach the area where the Awald 'Ali lived?
2. What nickname did foreigners give Alexandrian taxis?
3. What lake could one smell after crossing a one-lane bridge leading from Alexandria to the desert?
4. What types of trees surrounded crude structures at the edge of the Western desert?
Dwarf fig trees.
5. How far did the Western Desert stretch to the Libyan border?
6. What were Bedouin tents made of before the Awlad 'Ali moved into houses?
7. What color cummerbund would the women of the Awlad 'Ali wear around their waists?
8. What color was the compound where Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
9. When did Lila live with the Awlad 'Ali?
October 1978 to...
This section contains 2,728 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)