|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Ideology and the Politics of Sentiment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mabruka, Rashid's first wife, blame for Rashid's second marriage?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her husband's uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother-in-law.
2. What primary emotion is featured in ghinnawas?
3. Who was the man who inherited wealth, but lost respect because he submitted to his passions and chased women?
4. Who were the ancestors of the Awlad 'Ali?
(a) Nomads from Chad.
(b) Egyptians who left the cities.
(c) Sudanese traders.
(d) Arab invaders from the Najd.
5. How old was the Haj when he had his first romance?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fayga was taken to visit her father, why did she wish to stay longer?
2. How far did the Western Desert stretch to the Libyan border?
3. How many of the adults in the community where Lila lived had been officially divorced at least once?
4. What illness did the Bedouin believe could be caused by fright?
5. How old was Nafla when her family tried to force her into a marriage?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)