|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Ideology and the Politics of Sentiment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Aziza not remarry?
(a) Because her husband had been abusive.
(b) Because her brother would not allow her to remarry.
(c) Because her father would not allow her to remarry.
(d) Because she was raising her son.
2. How old was the Haj when he had his first romance?
3. In a love story told in Chapter 8, what grew from the graves of a boy and girl who loved each other?
4. In a folktale, when a man gave birth, what carried the baby away?
(a) A gazelle.
(b) A wild dog.
(c) An ostrich
(d) A bird.
5. When did the ancestors of the Awlad 'Ali sweep through North Africa?
(a) 10th century.
(b) 13th century.
(c) 12th century.
(d) 11th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would a body be prepared in proper Muslim fashion?
2. What theme became associated most closely with the ghinnawa?
3. What would ewes have been fed in the desert?
4. What was the standard by which status was measured and hierarchy determined in Awlad 'Ali society?
5. What project did Mabruka refuse to help with because of Rashid's second marriage?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)