|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Modesty and the Poetry of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the Haj when he finally married?
2. What changed the Haj's mother's attitude toward Lila?
(a) Her daughter's wedding.
(b) Her brother's funeral.
(c) Her husband's funeral.
(d) Her son's wedding.
3. At what age did Awlad 'Ali girls marry?
(a) 15 to 20.
(b) 13 to 17.
(c) 14 to 18.
(d) 17 to 25.
4. What was a man who needed women called?
(a) A dog.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A skunk.
(d) A donkey.
5. At what age did Awlad 'Ali boys marry?
(a) 18 to 25.
(b) 20 to 35.
(c) 16 to 30.
(d) 20 to 40.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a story told to Lila about loving daughters and abusive and heartless sons, how many daughters did a woman have?
2. After a feast for a neighbor who returned from a pilgrimage, what did Lila and some adolescent girls do?
3. What color was the compound where Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
4. How old was Aziza?
5. Why was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a time?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)