|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Honor and Poetic Vulnerability.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age was a Bedouin man considered beyond the passions of youth?
2. How many syllables are in ghinnawas?
3. How was the ghinnawa divisible?
(a) Into a dactyl.
(b) Into a couplet.
(c) Into a hemistiche.
(d) Into a caesura.
4. During what occasion did Lila hear men sing in public?
(a) Sheep shearing.
5. What was the only thing that Lila was usually able to tape record?
(a) Private concerts.
(c) Wedding festivities.
(d) Business transactions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color cloth would a woman in mourning tie around her waist?
2. Which direction did Lila travel from Alexandria to reach the area where the Awald 'Ali lived?
3. In the "Alexandria Quartet," what was a Bedouin youth carrying on his head?
4. Which city was near the mountain where Adam and Eve met again after being banished from the garden by God?
5. Who was the man who was criticized for going to find a runaway second wife?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)