|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Modesty, Gender, and Sexuality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname did foreigners give Alexandrian taxis?
(a) Death wagons.
(b) Flying coffins.
(c) Death traps.
(d) Speeding coffins.
2. How old was the Haj, head of the household, where Lila lived?
(a) About 45.
(b) Close to 50.
(c) About 55.
(d) Close to 60.
3. What illness did the Bedouin believe could be caused by fright?
4. In the camp where Lila lived, how many adults divorced at least once?
5. When did the Awlad 'Ali migrate into Egypt?
(a) End of the 17th or 18th centuries.
(b) 14th century.
(c) End of the 15th or 16th centuries.
(d) 13th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Haj's first wife?
2. What beverage is mentioned in the "Alexandria Quartet?"
3. When did Lila's new life begin to seem natural, so she felt as if she belonged with the Awlad 'Ali?
4. At what age was a Bedouin man considered beyond the passions of youth?
5. What colors were associated with uncleanliness and women?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)