|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Modesty, Gender, and Sexuality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did the Western Desert stretch to the Libyan border?
(a) 1,000 kilometers.
(b) 600 kilometers.
(c) 1,500 kilometers.
(d) 500 kilometers.
2. During what month was rain essential for the Awlad 'Ali to water their crops?
3. What color cummerbund would the women of the Awlad 'Ali wear around their waists?
4. What word described a Bedouin man's years of youth?
(b) Sinn ir-rushd.
5. What city did Lila spend time in while waiting for her father to arrive in Egypt?
(d) Port Said.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the first few months that Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali, how often would Lila travel to Cairo?
2. What beverage is mentioned in the "Alexandria Quartet?"
3. What was the standard by which status was measured and hierarchy determined in Awlad 'Ali society?
4. What colors were associated with purity and with men?
5. In the desert, what animal did they hunt at night?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)