|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Modesty, Gender, and Sexuality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lila left, how many children did the Haj have?
2. When did Lila first realize the sensitive nature of the poems recited by the women?
(a) When Lila heard one of these poems at a funeral.
(b) When Lila heard a poem at a wedding.
(c) When a shepherd's wife recited one of these poems.
(d) When Lila heard a poem at a birth.
3. In the "Alexandria Quartet," what was a Bedouin youth carrying on his head?
(a) A clay pot.
(b) A wrapped bundle.
(c) A crate of wild birds.
(d) A bucket of water.
4. On page 120, what wild edible green do the children gather?
5. At what age was a Bedouin man considered beyond the passions of youth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bedouins believe caused serious illness?
2. When did the Awlad 'Ali migrate into Egypt?
3. In a folktale, when a man gave birth, what carried the baby away?
4. Where was a young man shot during an altercation between some Bedouin men and a group of Egyptian soldiers riding on a train through a Bedouin area?
5. What crop did the Awlad 'Ali sow yearly?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)