|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Modesty, Gender, and Sexuality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed the Haj's mother's attitude toward Lila?
(a) Her daughter's wedding.
(b) Her brother's funeral.
(c) Her son's wedding.
(d) Her husband's funeral.
2. During World War II, who fought battles on Bedouin soil?
(a) Germans and British.
(c) Egyptians and Libyans.
3. Who was the man who was criticized for going to find a runaway second wife?
4. How far did the Western Desert stretch to the Libyan border?
(a) 1,000 kilometers.
(b) 600 kilometers.
(c) 500 kilometers.
(d) 1,500 kilometers.
5. What nickname did foreigners give Alexandrian taxis?
(a) Death traps.
(b) Speeding coffins.
(c) Flying coffins.
(d) Death wagons.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a folk tale, what did the food look like that a holy man gave a barren woman who asked for something to make her fertile?
2. What color cummerbund would the women of the Awlad 'Ali wear around their waists?
3. Which direction did Lila travel from Alexandria to reach the area where the Awald 'Ali lived?
4. How old was the man who was criticized for going to find a runaway second wife?
5. When did the Awlad 'Ali migrate to the desert?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)