|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Modesty, Gender, and Sexuality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a time?
(a) He was in prison.
(b) He was visiting kin.
(c) He was detained by government authorities.
(d) He had been arrested in Cairo.
2. How old was the man who lost respect because he submitted to his passions and chased women?
3. What color was the compound where Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
(d) Light blue.
4. What illness did the Bedouin believe could be caused by fright?
5. What were the client tribes called?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the camp where Lila lived, how many adults were in the fourteen households that made up the camp?
2. In a story about the creation of Adam and Eve, what instrument was the Devil playing?
3. In Bedouin ideology, what determined a man's authority?
4. In a folktale, when a man gave birth, what carried the baby away?
5. What bird represented the Bedouin ideals of manhood?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)