|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Honor and the Virtues of Autonomy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Lila arrived, how long had it been since the Awlad 'Ali migrated to the desert?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 12 years.
2. During the first few months that Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali, how often would Lila travel to Cairo?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every 2-3 weeks.
(d) Every other month.
3. Who were the ancestors of the Awlad 'Ali?
(a) Sudanese traders.
(b) Egyptians who left the cities.
(c) Arab invaders from the Najd.
(d) Nomads from Chad.
4. What was the name of the Haj's first wife?
5. Who wrote the "Alexandria Quartet?"
(a) David Corell.
(b) Lawrence Durrell.
(c) Philip Manchester.
(d) Robert Douchester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did foreigners give Alexandrian taxis?
2. When did the ancestors of the Awlad 'Ali sweep through North Africa?
3. At what age was a Bedouin man considered beyond the passions of youth?
4. When Lila did her fieldwork, how many of the five core household heads married paternal first cousins?
5. What color cummerbund would the women of the Awlad 'Ali wear around their waists?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)