|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Identity in Relationships.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country did the Awlad 'Ali migrate?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
2. What tragedy had a middle-aged wife of a powerful tribal leader experienced two and a half years before she recited a poem to Lila?
(a) Her daughter died.
(b) Her brother died.
(c) Lost her only son.
(d) Her husband was killed.
3. What would ewes have been fed in the desert?
4. In the desert, what animal did they hunt at night?
(a) Wild hares.
(c) Wild dogs.
(d) Game birds.
5. During World War II, who fought battles on Bedouin soil?
(a) Germans and British.
(b) Egyptians and Libyans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a time?
2. What color was the compound where Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
3. What form of poetry did the ghinnawas most resemble?
4. How much of the Egyptian population consist of Bedouins of the Western desert when Lila did her fieldwork?
5. When did the ancestors of the Awlad 'Ali sweep through North Africa?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)