|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Identity in Relationships.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beach is mentioned in the "Alexandria Quartet?"
(c) Bourg El Arab.
2. Why was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a time?
(a) He had been arrested in Cairo.
(b) He was detained by government authorities.
(c) He was in prison.
(d) He was visiting kin.
3. During the first few months that Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali, how often would Lila travel to Cairo?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every other month.
(c) Every 2-3 weeks.
(d) Every week.
4. How frequent were droughts in Awlad 'Ali territory?
(a) About every 6 years.
(b) About every 10 years.
(c) About every 5 years.
(d) About every 7 years.
5. What types of trees did the Awlad 'Ali plant?
(a) Palm and date trees.
(b) Willow and mulberry trees.
(c) Sycamore and lotus trees.
(d) Olive and almond trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many client households were in the camp where Lila lived?
2. Who gave the Awlad 'Ali rights to land in the Western desert in the nineteenth century?
3. What crop did the Awlad 'Ali sow yearly?
4. What color cummerbund would the women of the Awlad 'Ali wear around their waists?
5. From what country did the Awlad 'Ali migrate?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)