|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Identity in Relationships.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a period?
(a) For her first two months in the field.
(b) Six months before the end of Lila's fieldwork.
(c) For six months during the second year of Lila's fieldwork.
(d) Toward the end of Lila's time in the field.
2. During the first few months that Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali, how often would Lila travel to Cairo?
(a) Every other month.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every 2-3 weeks.
(d) Once a month.
3. What were Bedouin tents made of before the Awlad 'Ali moved into houses?
(a) Sheep skins.
(b) Camel skins.
(c) Burlap sacks.
(d) Woven wool.
4. When did the Awlad 'Ali migrate into Egypt?
(a) End of the 15th or 16th centuries.
(b) End of the 17th or 18th centuries.
(c) 14th century.
(d) 13th century.
5. During World War II, who fought battles on Bedouin soil?
(a) Egyptians and Libyans.
(b) Germans and British.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave the Awlad 'Ali rights to land in the Western desert in the nineteenth century?
2. What color was the compound where Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
3. How much of the Egyptian population consist of Bedouins of the Western desert when Lila did her fieldwork?
4. What crop did the Awlad 'Ali sow yearly?
5. How many inches of rain commonly fell in Awlad 'Ali territory?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)