|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Identity in Relationships.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a period?
(a) For her first two months in the field.
(b) For six months during the second year of Lila's fieldwork.
(c) Six months before the end of Lila's fieldwork.
(d) Toward the end of Lila's time in the field.
2. In the desert, what animal did they hunt at night?
(b) Game birds.
(c) Wild dogs.
(d) Wild hares.
3. Who gave the Awlad 'Ali rights to land in the Western desert in the nineteenth century?
(a) Muhammad Abdel Halim.
(b) Ibrahim Pasha.
(c) Ali Sadik Bey.
(d) Mohammad 'Ali.
4. What city did Lila spend time in while waiting for her father to arrive in Egypt?
(b) Port Said.
5. Which direction did Lila travel from Alexandria to reach the area where the Awald 'Ali lived?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Lila finally begin to interpret the poems she was hearing?
2. During the first few months that Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali, how often would Lila travel to Cairo?
3. When did the ancestors of the Awlad 'Ali sweep through North Africa?
4. How many client households were in the camp where Lila lived?
5. What were Bedouin tents made of before the Awlad 'Ali moved into houses?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)