|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Identity in Relationships.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lila live with the Awlad 'Ali?
(a) March 1978 to November 1980.
(b) April 1981 to June 1983.
(c) October 1978 to May 1980.
(d) January 1976 to March 1978.
2. What beverage is mentioned in the "Alexandria Quartet?"
3. When did military rule of the Western desert end?
(a) Late 1930's.
(b) Late 1940's.
(c) Late 1950's.
(d) Late 1960's.
4. What tragedy had a middle-aged wife of a powerful tribal leader experienced two and a half years before she recited a poem to Lila?
(a) Her brother died.
(b) Her daughter died.
(c) Her husband was killed.
(d) Lost her only son.
5. In the section "Identification and Sharing," why did a woman threaten to leave her husband?
(a) Because he hit her.
(b) Because he took another wife.
(c) Because he slurred her father's name.
(d) Because he mistreated a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city had the bonds between Bedouin kin been weakened in favor of those between neighbors?
2. What types of trees surrounded crude structures at the edge of the Western desert?
3. What was the name of the Haj's first wife?
4. Before Lila arrived, how long had it been since the Awlad 'Ali migrated to the desert?
5. How frequent were droughts in Awlad 'Ali territory?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)