|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Identity in Relationships.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a time?
(a) He was detained by government authorities.
(b) He was in prison.
(c) He had been arrested in Cairo.
(d) He was visiting kin.
2. What tragedy had a middle-aged wife of a powerful tribal leader experienced two and a half years before she recited a poem to Lila?
(a) Her husband was killed.
(b) Lost her only son.
(c) Her daughter died.
(d) Her brother died.
3. Who helped Lila finally begin to interpret the poems she was hearing?
(a) A Libyan in Cairo.
(b) A Jordanian in Alexandria.
(c) A Bedouin in Cairo.
(d) An Egyptian in Alexandria.
4. How many inches of rain commonly fell in Awlad 'Ali territory?
(a) 1 to 2 inches.
(b) 5 to 6 inches.
(c) 7 to 8 inches.
(d) 2 to 4 inches.
5. What color cummerbund would the women of the Awlad 'Ali wear around their waists?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which direction did Lila travel from Alexandria to reach the area where the Awald 'Ali lived?
2. What city did Lila spend time in while waiting for her father to arrive in Egypt?
3. In the "Alexandria Quartet," what was a Bedouin youth carrying on his head?
4. When did military rule of the Western desert end?
5. In what city had the bonds between Bedouin kin been weakened in favor of those between neighbors?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)