|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Identity in Relationships.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How frequent were droughts in Awlad 'Ali territory?
(a) About every 5 years.
(b) About every 10 years.
(c) About every 7 years.
(d) About every 6 years.
2. When did Lila first realize the sensitive nature of the poems recited by the women?
(a) When a shepherd's wife recited one of these poems.
(b) When Lila heard one of these poems at a funeral.
(c) When Lila heard a poem at a wedding.
(d) When Lila heard a poem at a birth.
3. Where was a young man shot during an altercation between some Bedouin men and a group of Egyptian soldiers riding on a train through a Bedouin area?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the arm.
(c) In the mouth.
(d) In the chest.
4. Which direction did Lila travel from Alexandria to reach the area where the Awald 'Ali lived?
5. What color cummerbund would the women of the Awlad 'Ali wear around their waists?
Short Answer Questions
1. What crop did the Awlad 'Ali sow yearly?
2. In the section "Identification and Sharing," why did a woman threaten to leave her husband?
3. What types of trees surrounded crude structures at the edge of the Western desert?
4. Who wrote the "Alexandria Quartet?"
5. What changed the Haj's mother's attitude toward Lila?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)