|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Identity in Relationships.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did Lila spend time in while waiting for her father to arrive in Egypt?
(a) Port Said.
2. Who helped Lila finally begin to interpret the poems she was hearing?
(a) A Libyan in Cairo.
(b) An Egyptian in Alexandria.
(c) A Bedouin in Cairo.
(d) A Jordanian in Alexandria.
3. What form of poetry did the ghinnawas most resemble?
(a) Japanese haiku.
(b) An Italian canzone.
(c) A cinquain.
(d) A quatrain.
4. What nickname did foreigners give Alexandrian taxis?
(a) Death wagons.
(b) Speeding coffins.
(c) Flying coffins.
(d) Death traps.
5. How many client households were in the camp where Lila lived?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the Egyptian population consist of Bedouins of the Western desert when Lila did her fieldwork?
2. What color cummerbund would the women of the Awlad 'Ali wear around their waists?
3. Why was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a time?
4. How old was the Haj, head of the household, where Lila lived?
5. How far did the Western Desert stretch to the Libyan border?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)