|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Identity in Relationships.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage is mentioned in the "Alexandria Quartet?"
2. What city did Lila spend time in while waiting for her father to arrive in Egypt?
(d) Port Said.
3. During the first few months that Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali, how often would Lila travel to Cairo?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every other month.
(d) Every 2-3 weeks.
4. What form of poetry did the ghinnawas most resemble?
(a) A quatrain.
(b) A cinquain.
(c) Japanese haiku.
(d) An Italian canzone.
5. What color cummerbund would the women of the Awlad 'Ali wear around their waists?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the "Alexandria Quartet?"
2. What types of trees surrounded crude structures at the edge of the Western desert?
3. How much of the Egyptian population consist of Bedouins of the Western desert when Lila did her fieldwork?
4. When did military rule of the Western desert end?
5. What nickname did foreigners give Alexandrian taxis?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)