|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Identity in Relationships.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Lila finally begin to interpret the poems she was hearing?
(a) An Egyptian in Alexandria.
(b) A Libyan in Cairo.
(c) A Jordanian in Alexandria.
(d) A Bedouin in Cairo.
2. When did Lila live with the Awlad 'Ali?
(a) March 1978 to November 1980.
(b) April 1981 to June 1983.
(c) January 1976 to March 1978.
(d) October 1978 to May 1980.
3. How many inches of rain commonly fell in Awlad 'Ali territory?
(a) 7 to 8 inches.
(b) 5 to 6 inches.
(c) 2 to 4 inches.
(d) 1 to 2 inches.
4. From what country did the Awlad 'Ali migrate?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
5. What was the name of the Haj's first wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did foreigners give Alexandrian taxis?
2. When did the ancestors of the Awlad 'Ali sweep through North Africa?
3. What color cummerbund would the women of the Awlad 'Ali wear around their waists?
4. What types of trees did the Awlad 'Ali plant?
5. What tragedy had a middle-aged wife of a powerful tribal leader experienced two and a half years before she recited a poem to Lila?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)