|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Honor and the Virtues of Autonomy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the compound where Lila lived with the Awlad 'Ali?
(c) Light blue.
2. During World War II, who fought battles on Bedouin soil?
(a) Egyptians and Libyans.
(c) Germans and British.
3. How frequent were droughts in Awlad 'Ali territory?
(a) About every 10 years.
(b) About every 6 years.
(c) About every 5 years.
(d) About every 7 years.
4. What did Bedouins believe caused serious illness?
(a) Being cursed.
(b) Exposure to black magic.
(c) Solitary encounters in deserted places with jinn.
(d) The use of an amulet or charm.
5. Who gave the Awlad 'Ali rights to land in the Western desert in the nineteenth century?
(a) Mohammad 'Ali.
(b) Ali Sadik Bey.
(c) Ibrahim Pasha.
(d) Muhammad Abdel Halim.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the Haj, head of the household, where Lila lived?
2. How many inches of rain commonly fell in Awlad 'Ali territory?
3. In the "Alexandria Quartet," what was a Bedouin youth carrying on his head?
4. Where did a youth from the Awlad 'Ali community go to have a serious operation?
5. After a feast for a neighbor who returned from a pilgrimage, what did Lila and some adolescent girls do?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)