|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Honor and the Virtues of Autonomy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the "Alexandria Quartet?"
(a) Robert Douchester.
(b) Lawrence Durrell.
(c) David Corell.
(d) Philip Manchester.
2. During World War II, who fought battles on Bedouin soil?
(a) Egyptians and Libyans.
(c) Germans and British.
3. When Lila did her fieldwork, how many of the five core household heads married paternal first cousins?
4. How old was the runaway second wife of the husband who was criticized for going to find her?
(a) 15 to 20 years younger than her husband.
(b) 12 years younger than her husband.
(c) 5 to 10 years younger than her husband.
(d) 7 years younger than her husband.
5. Who helped Lila finally begin to interpret the poems she was hearing?
(a) An Egyptian in Alexandria.
(b) A Jordanian in Alexandria.
(c) A Libyan in Cairo.
(d) A Bedouin in Cairo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did the Western Desert stretch to the Libyan border?
2. How many client households were in the camp where Lila lived?
3. When Lila left, how many children did the Haj have?
4. When did Lila live with the Awlad 'Ali?
5. What did the Awlad 'Ali believe distinguished them from and made them superior to other peoples?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)