|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Honor and the Virtues of Autonomy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the "Alexandria Quartet," what was a Bedouin youth carrying on his head?
(a) A crate of wild birds.
(b) A wrapped bundle.
(c) A clay pot.
(d) A bucket of water.
2. What illness did the Bedouin believe could be caused by fright?
3. When did Lila's new life begin to seem natural, so she felt as if she belonged with the Awlad 'Ali?
(a) After 6 months.
(b) After 12 months.
(c) After 18 months.
(d) After 15 months.
4. How far did the Western Desert stretch to the Libyan border?
(a) 500 kilometers.
(b) 600 kilometers.
(c) 1,500 kilometers.
(d) 1,000 kilometers.
5. What would ewes have been fed in the desert?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was closely tied to the moral nature among the Awlad 'Ali?
2. What form of poetry did the ghinnawas most resemble?
3. What color cummerbund would the women of the Awlad 'Ali wear around their waists?
4. What tragedy had a middle-aged wife of a powerful tribal leader experienced two and a half years before she recited a poem to Lila?
5. How old was the man who lost respect because he submitted to his passions and chased women?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)