|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Poetry of Personal Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the Egyptian population consist of Bedouins of the Western desert when Lila did her fieldwork?
(a) 1 percent.
(b) 3 percent.
(c) 5 percent.
(d) 7 percent.
2. When did Lila live with the Awlad 'Ali?
(a) March 1978 to November 1980.
(b) October 1978 to May 1980.
(c) April 1981 to June 1983.
(d) January 1976 to March 1978.
3. With whom did Aziza have recurring problems?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her mother.
4. What did the Awlad 'Ali believe should be evoked by beautiful poetry?
5. In a folktale, when a man gave birth, what carried the baby away?
(a) A wild dog.
(b) A bird.
(c) A gazelle.
(d) An ostrich
Short Answer Questions
1. How many syllables are in ghinnawas?
2. What values were at the heart of the Awlad 'Ali moral system?
3. After a feast for a neighbor who returned from a pilgrimage, what did Lila and some adolescent girls do?
4. When did a German explorer publish ghinnawas?
5. What pious activity was forbidden to menstruating women?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)