|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Poetry of Personal Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Lila's host mysteriously absent for a period?
(a) Toward the end of Lila's time in the field.
(b) For six months during the second year of Lila's fieldwork.
(c) For her first two months in the field.
(d) Six months before the end of Lila's fieldwork.
2. What did Bedouins believe caused serious illness?
(a) Solitary encounters in deserted places with jinn.
(b) Exposure to black magic.
(c) The use of an amulet or charm.
(d) Being cursed.
3. At what age was a Bedouin man considered beyond the passions of youth?
4. How frequent were droughts in Awlad 'Ali territory?
(a) About every 10 years.
(b) About every 7 years.
(c) About every 5 years.
(d) About every 6 years.
5. Which city was near the mountain where Adam and Eve met again after being banished from the garden by God?
(c) Ar Riyad.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Awlad 'Ali typically consummate a marriage after the wedding?
2. From what country did the Awlad 'Ali migrate?
3. What word described a Bedouin man's years of youth?
4. What does ghinnawa mean?
5. What drapes over the tent or automobile that carries a bride to her new home?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)