|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Honor and Poetic Vulnerability.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would a body be prepared in proper Muslim fashion?
(a) Close the eyes with coins.
(b) Anoint the body with spices.
(c) Place drops of water in the person's mouth and tie the jaw shut.
(d) Wrap the body in a cloth.
2. What color cloth would a woman in mourning tie around her waist?
(a) A green cloth.
(b) A white cloth.
(c) A red cloth.
(d) A black cloth.
3. Where did God banish Eve after she ate the fruit?
(a) To the west.
(b) To the east.
(c) To the north.
(d) To the south.
4. In a story told to Lila about loving daughters and abusive and heartless sons, how many daughters did a woman have?
5. When an old woman suddenly died, what did some suggest her husband had done?
(a) Beat her.
(b) Hit her over the head.
(c) Choked her.
(d) Strangled her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years before Lila's arrival had a young man been murdered?
2. In a folk tale, what did the food look like that a holy man gave a barren woman who asked for something to make her fertile?
3. Which particular gift given to her husband's new bride did the first wife Mabruka resent?
4. What colors were associated with uncleanliness and women?
5. In a photograph on page 192, what did women use as a windbreak?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)