|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Honor and Poetic Vulnerability.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did God banish Eve after she ate the fruit?
(a) To the south.
(b) To the north.
(c) To the west.
(d) To the east.
2. During what month was rain essential for the Awlad 'Ali to water their crops?
3. Where did Rashid sleep when he assigned blame to someone for his second wife's running away?
(a) A tent.
(b) The men's guest room.
(c) His father's home.
(d) His first wife's room.
4. What were women said to fear?
(c) The dark.
5. In a poem recited about his second wife, what image does Rashid use?
(a) Beating grain.
(b) Cooking with a liquid of tears.
(c) Drowning in tears.
(d) Drowning in sand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a Bedouin story, what was God's reason for forbidding Adam and Eve to eat fruit from a particular tree?
2. How many inches of rain commonly fell in Awlad 'Ali territory?
3. How many days did paternal relatives wail and cry at a camp where an old woman died suddenly?
4. Who gave the Awlad 'Ali rights to land in the Western desert in the nineteenth century?
5. How old was Migdim?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)