|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Honor and Poetic Vulnerability.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rashid's second wife ran away, who does Rashid blame?
(a) His first wife.
(b) A woman in the household.
(c) A child in the household.
(d) His brother.
2. When did the Awlad 'Ali migrate into Egypt?
(a) End of the 15th or 16th centuries.
(b) 13th century.
(c) 14th century.
(d) End of the 17th or 18th centuries.
3. In the camp where Lila lived, how many adults divorced at least once?
4. In a story about the creation of Adam and Eve, what instrument was the Devil playing?
(a) A stringed instrument.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A flute.
(d) A drum.
5. What pious activity was forbidden to menstruating women?
(a) Giving alms.
(d) A pilgrimage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a poem recited about his second wife, what image does Rashid use?
2. What did Mabruka refuse to accept when Rashid married another wife?
3. In a Bedouin story, what was God's reason for forbidding Adam and Eve to eat fruit from a particular tree?
4. What beach is mentioned in the "Alexandria Quartet?"
5. What color cloth would a woman in mourning tie around her waist?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)