|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Honor and Poetic Vulnerability.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors were associated with purity and with men?
(a) Yellow and red.
(b) White and green.
(c) Blue and white.
(d) Black and red.
2. What emotion about her husband's second marriage did Mabruka's poetry reveal?
3. In a photograph on page 192, what did women use as a windbreak?
(a) A board.
(c) A hubcap.
(d) Old olive oil tin.
4. How long was a woman sexually taboo after giving birth?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 40 days.
(c) 45 days.
(d) 60 days.
5. Who gave the Awlad 'Ali rights to land in the Western desert in the nineteenth century?
(a) Mohammad 'Ali.
(b) Ibrahim Pasha.
(c) Muhammad Abdel Halim.
(d) Ali Sadik Bey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the ancestors of the Awlad 'Ali?
2. What does an unmarried girl use to cover her head?
3. How many client households were in the camp where Lila lived?
4. What were women said to fear?
5. Which particular gift given to her husband's new bride did the first wife Mabruka resent?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)