|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of Sir Pitt as seen in chapter 39?
2. What is true about Becky Sharp's character, as seen at the end of chapter 66?
3. Why does Becky Sharp cry when she reaches Queens Crawley?
4. What is true of the Steyne family?
5. What is Becky Sharp bored of, as seen in chapter 51?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Becky Sharp deserves the ending she is given by the author in the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism used in the novel? Elucidate with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Appearances and social status play a very big role in the novel. How do these two aspects bring about the characters' downfall?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)