|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Becky Sharp manage to get her way around Joseph Sedley?
2. Whom is Amelia Sedley receiving pension and money from?
3. Who gives Amelia Sedley 500 pounds?
4. Where does Joseph Sedley decide to stay put?
5. Where does Becky Sharp meet Lady Steyne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism used in the novel? Elucidate with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Contrast the two main female characters in the novel, namely Becky Sharp and Amelia Sedley.
Essay Topic 3
The author makes a very intelligent use of names of the characters, for example, Becky "Sharp", the "Crawleys", etc. How does the author draw a parallel between the names of the characters and their personalities?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)