|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character leaves forever?
2. Who takes care of Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp's son?
3. What does Amelia Sedley tell William Dobbin when he confesses his love for her?
4. Who comes to visit Georgy at school?
5. Which character is enamored by Becky Sharp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many themes found in the novel. Expand on any two themes that is relevant to the novel and substantiate with examples how the theme is worked into the novel with the help of characters, settings, etc.
Essay Topic 2
The author makes a very intelligent use of names of the characters, for example, Becky "Sharp", the "Crawleys", etc. How does the author draw a parallel between the names of the characters and their personalities?
Essay Topic 3
Give examples of imagery used in Vanity Fair and how it helps further the plot of the novel.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)