|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Becky Sharp's talent?
2. What news makes William Dobbin happy?
3. Why do Amelia Sedley and Polly argue?
4. What happens to Lord Steyne?
5. What becomes of Sir Pitt as seen in chapter 39?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author makes a very intelligent use of names of the characters, for example, Becky "Sharp", the "Crawleys", etc. How does the author draw a parallel between the names of the characters and their personalities?
Essay Topic 2
Irony plays a crucial part in the novel. Do you agree? If so, how and why?
Essay Topic 3
How does William Thackeray employ satire in the novel?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)