|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Becky Sharp manage to get her way around Joseph Sedley?
2. How do Georgy and Amelia Sedley keep themselves busy when in Cologne?
3. Which close relative does Georgy not treat very well?
4. Where does Rawdon Crawley flee, as seen in the beginning of chapter 54?
5. In whose family is there a mental problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Becky Sharp deserves the ending she is given by the author in the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Is the title "Vanity Fair" apt for this novel? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Why does William Thackeray call this novel "a novel without a hero"?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)