|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to William Dobbin towards the end of chapter 66?
2. What is the greatest honor for ladies in "Vanity Fair"?
3. What is true of the character of Georgy Osborne?
4. Who scolds Becky Sharp for being a bad mother?
5. Where is young Rawdon being sent to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Thackeray shown rejection of motherhood in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Give examples of imagery used in Vanity Fair and how it helps further the plot of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Appearances and social status play a very big role in the novel. How do these two aspects bring about the characters' downfall?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)