|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does young Rawdon confide in when he is Queens Crawley?
2. Why does Becky Sharp cry when she reaches Queens Crawley?
3. What is the hip new thing that people of that time are doing at the parties?
4. What is true of Amelia Sedley's devotion to her son?
5. What is true of Amelia Sedley's entry into social circles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give examples of imagery used in Vanity Fair and how it helps further the plot of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What is the narrative technique in Vanity Fair? How does the author present himself throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Why does William Thackeray call this novel "a novel without a hero"?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)