|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Pitt junior want to invite for the funeral?
2. What is true of Amelia Sedley's talents?
3. Where does Rawdon Crawley flee, as seen in the beginning of chapter 54?
4. Which characters shows some sympathy to Becky Sharp?
5. Who steals Becky Sharp's jewels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author makes a very intelligent use of names of the characters, for example, Becky "Sharp", the "Crawleys", etc. How does the author draw a parallel between the names of the characters and their personalities?
Essay Topic 2
Contrast the two main female characters in the novel, namely Becky Sharp and Amelia Sedley.
Essay Topic 3
Irony plays a crucial part in the novel. Do you agree? If so, how and why?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)