|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Amelia Sedley and Polly argue?
2. Which character leaves forever?
3. Who is living in the town as Madame de Raudon?
4. What is true of Amelia Sedley's devotion to her son?
5. What is true of Lady Steyne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Contrast the two main female characters in the novel, namely Becky Sharp and Amelia Sedley.
Essay Topic 2
Give examples of imagery used in Vanity Fair and how it helps further the plot of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
There are many themes found in the novel. Expand on any two themes that is relevant to the novel and substantiate with examples how the theme is worked into the novel with the help of characters, settings, etc.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)