|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Becky Sharp bored of, as seen in chapter 51?
2. What news makes William Dobbin happy?
3. Where does Rawdon Crawley flee, as seen in the beginning of chapter 54?
4. Why do Amelia Sedley and Polly argue?
5. Who steals Becky Sharp's jewels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does William Thackeray employ satire in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Irony plays a crucial part in the novel. Do you agree? If so, how and why?
Essay Topic 3
The author makes a very intelligent use of names of the characters, for example, Becky "Sharp", the "Crawleys", etc. How does the author draw a parallel between the names of the characters and their personalities?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)