|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to console Rawdon Crawley when his son is sent away?
2. What do we learn about Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley in this chapter?
3. What is true about Becky Sharp's character, as seen at the end of chapter 66?
4. What is Becky Sharp bored of, as seen in chapter 51?
5. What happens when William Dobbin and Amelia Sedley finally meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Contrast the two main female characters in the novel, namely Becky Sharp and Amelia Sedley.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author use the character of William Dobbin in the novel? Is it merely to further the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Irony plays a crucial part in the novel. Do you agree? If so, how and why?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)