|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is living as very boring life, as seen in the beginning of chapter 42?
2. Why does Becky Sharp cry when she reaches Queens Crawley?
3. Who takes care of Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp's son?
4. Who gives Amelia Sedley 500 pounds?
5. Which character is very fond of young Rawdon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony plays a crucial part in the novel. Do you agree? If so, how and why?
Essay Topic 2
How is humor being used by the author in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The author makes a very intelligent use of names of the characters, for example, Becky "Sharp", the "Crawleys", etc. How does the author draw a parallel between the names of the characters and their personalities?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)