|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is George Osborne actually going when he lies to Amelia Sedley and tells her that he is going on business?
2. What happens to Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's house after they return from London?
3. Who is Mr. Raggles?
4. Which character in chapter 31 appears quite tragic because of his efforts in trying to fit in with the military crowd?
5. What does Mrs. Sedley realize about William Dobbin in chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amelia Sedley scream at Becky Sharp when both see each other?
2. Why does Lady Steyne have tears in her eyes as seen in chapter 49?
3. How does chapter 13 further establish George Osborne's true personality?
4. How does the author show instances of greed and selfishness in chapter 23?
5. Why is Amelia Sedley upset at William Dobbin?
6. Why does Becky Sharp marry Rawdon Crawley even though she does not like him?
7. Why does William Dobbin get angry when he reads Amelia Sedley's letter?
8. What aspect of Amelia Sedley's personality does chapter 38 highlight?
9. How does the narrator describe the character of Sir Pitt Crawley?
10. Why is William Dobbin called "figs"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the title "Vanity Fair" apt for this novel? Give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Give examples of imagery used in Vanity Fair and how it helps further the plot of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Relationships hold no importance for anyone in Vanity Fair. How do relationships ebb and fall in the novel?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)