|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meet in the park where Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley are riding?
2. Whom does the item, that is being bid on, initially belong to?
3. What is true about Sir Crawley's character as seen in chapter seven?
4. Who is the little boy with Corporal Clink at the park?
5. What is it about the O'Dowds that people make fun of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significant event in chapter 32?
2. What does the letter written to Amelia Sedley by John Osborne contain?
3. What is the character of Lady Southdown?
4. Why does Rawdon Crawley go to his brother's house?
5. Upon hearing about his son George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley, what does John Osborne do and why?
6. What is true of Becky Sharp from chapter 51?
7. What is true of George Osborne's character, as seen in chapter 28?
8. How does chapter 13 further establish George Osborne's true personality?
9. Which couple is reunited as seen in chapter 58?
10. What aspect of Becky Sharp's character do we see in chapter 41?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many themes found in the novel. Expand on any two themes that is relevant to the novel and substantiate with examples how the theme is worked into the novel with the help of characters, settings, etc.
Essay Topic 2
What is the narrative technique in Vanity Fair? How does the author present himself throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is humor being used by the author in the novel?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)