|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William Dobbin called?
2. What is true of Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp's relationship with each other?
3. Whom does Matilda hate?
4. What aspect of George Osborne's character is revealed in chapter six?
5. Why does Becky Sharp come to the Crawley residence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show instances of greed and selfishness in chapter 23?
2. Why does Amelia Sedley scream at Becky Sharp when both see each other?
3. What is true of George Osborne's character, as seen in chapter 28?
4. Why do Amelia Sedley and Polly have an argument?
5. What does the author tell the readers about the character of Georgy Osborne?
6. What do the characters think of William Dobbin?
7. What is true of John Osborne as seen in chapter 42?
8. Why does Lady Steyne have tears in her eyes as seen in chapter 49?
9. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
10. How is selfishness depicted through the characters in chapter 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give a detailed character analysis of Rawdon Crawley.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Becky Sharp deserves the ending she is given by the author in the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Becky Sharp is a character who lives by her wits. Explain with examples from the novel.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)