|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Crawley's is NOT befriended by Becky Sharp?
2. What is Becky Sharp busy doing at the ball thrown by the Duke Of Wellington?
3. Who leaves the Sedley home at the end of chapter six?
4. What kind of a couple is Major and Mrs. O'Dowd?
5. Whom does Becky Sharp flatter, as seen in chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
2. What is true of Amelia Sedley's social growth as seen in chapter 60?
3. What is true of John Osborne as seen in chapter 42?
4. What is happening to the relationship between Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp?
5. What gesture of William Dobbin's shows his love for Amelia Sedley, as seen in chapter 17?
6. Why do Amelia Sedley and Polly have an argument?
7. How does the narrator set up the character of Amelia Sedley as seen in chapter 12?
8. What is Becky Sharp up to in chapter 29 to raise her social status?
9. What are the events that take place in chapter 40?
10. What kind of an ending does the narrator envision for Amelia Sedley and William Dobbin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Becky Sharp deserves the ending she is given by the author in the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Is the title "Vanity Fair" apt for this novel? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
What is the symbolism used in the novel? Elucidate with examples from the text.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)