|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Sedley realize about William Dobbin in chapter 18?
2. At Matilda Crawley's house, who becomes the household matriarch?
3. Who is the little boy with Corporal Clink at the park?
4. Which is true of Joseph Sedley's character?
5. What do the readers come to know of Mrs. Bute's character in chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rawdon Crawley feel when his son is sent away to boarding school?
2. What is true of Becky Sharp from chapter 51?
3. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
4. What is happening to the relationship between Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp?
5. What is the setting of the novel and what idea do we get about the characters of Becky Sharp and Amelia Sedley as seen in chapter one?
6. How is selfishness depicted through the characters in chapter 30?
7. What aspect of Amelia Sedley's personality does chapter 38 highlight?
8. Why is John Osborne so cold to Amelia Sedley?
9. What does the letter written to Amelia Sedley by John Osborne contain?
10. Upon hearing about his son George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley, what does John Osborne do and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author use the character of William Dobbin in the novel? Is it merely to further the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How is humor being used by the author in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Becky Sharp deserves the ending she is given by the author in the novel? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)