|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over as a health advisory and pharmacist for Matilda Crawley?
2. Which is true of Joseph Sedley's character?
3. Who does Becky Sharp seduce so that Rawdon Crawley gains status?
4. What does the Belgium nobility think of George Osborne?
5. Who does not march for the war as seen in chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator set up the character of Amelia Sedley as seen in chapter 12?
2. What is the similarity between Mrs. Bute and Becky Sharp, as we see in chapter 19?
3. Why does Becky Sharp dislike Lady Jane and vice versa?
4. What is true of John Osborne as seen in chapter 42?
5. Why does Rawdon Crawley go to his brother's house?
6. What is the author trying to tell the readers through chapter 22?
7. Why does William Dobbin get angry when he reads Amelia Sedley's letter?
8. Which couple is reunited as seen in chapter 58?
9. What is the relationship between Becky Sharp and Lord Steyne?
10. How does the Crawley household react when Matilda Crawley visits them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Becky Sharp is a character who lives by her wits. Explain with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Is Vanity Fair a unified novel in terms of themes, plot etc.? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
How does William Thackeray employ satire in the novel?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)