|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the item, that is being bid on, initially belong to?
2. Which character in chapter 31 appears quite tragic because of his efforts in trying to fit in with the military crowd?
3. What is the relationship between Amelia Sedley and Becky Sharp?
4. When Rawdon Crawley is leaving for the war, what is Becky Sharp busy thinking about?
5. What is William Dobbin called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author trying to show in chapter 62?
2. What is true of the characters of William Dobbin and George Sedley from chapters five and six?
3. What is true of Becky Sharp from chapter 51?
4. What is true of John Osborne as seen in chapter 42?
5. How does the narrator describe the character of Sir Pitt Crawley?
6. Why does Becky Sharp marry Rawdon Crawley even though she does not like him?
7. How is Becky Sharp being treated by people as we seen in chapter 64?
8. What is true of the Osborne family's reaction to George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley?
9. Why is William Dobbin called "figs"?
10. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give examples of imagery used in Vanity Fair and how it helps further the plot of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
How does William Thackeray employ satire in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author use the character of William Dobbin in the novel? Is it merely to further the plot?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)