Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William Dobbin tell George Osborne that softens his heart towards Amelia Sedley?
2. What is true about Sir Crawley's character as seen in chapter seven?
3. At Matilda Crawley's house, who becomes the household matriarch?
4. Which is true of Joseph Sedley's character?
5. Which character is promoted to a rank of a major?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Becky Sharp dislike Lady Jane and vice versa?
2. How is selfishness depicted through the characters in chapter 30?
3. Upon hearing about his son George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley, what does John Osborne do and why?
4. Why do the women at the military party get jealous of Amelia Sedley?
5. How does the narrator set up the character of Amelia Sedley as seen in chapter 12?
6. Which couple is reunited as seen in chapter 58?
7. What is the author trying to tell the readers through chapter 22?
8. How does the narrator describe the character of Sir Pitt Crawley?
9. Why is Amelia Sedley upset at William Dobbin?
10. What aspect of Becky Sharp's character do we see in chapter 41?
Essay Topic 1
Give a detailed character analysis of Rawdon Crawley.
Essay Topic 2
How does William Thackeray employ satire in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Irony plays a crucial part in the novel. Do you agree? If so, how and why?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)