|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not march for the war as seen in chapter 30?
2. What does William Dobbin tell George Osborne that softens his heart towards Amelia Sedley?
3. What is true of Becky Sharp's attitude towards Joseph Sedley?
4. Which character is introduced first at the beginning of chapter five?
5. Where is an auction being held?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the lifestyle of Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp when living in Paris?
2. How does the author show the re-entry of Becky Sharp to the plot of the novel?
3. What is true of the Osborne family's reaction to George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley?
4. What aspect of Amelia Sedley's personality does chapter 38 highlight?
5. Why is William Dobbin called "figs"?
6. What is happening to the relationship between Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp?
7. What kind of an ending does the narrator envision for Amelia Sedley and William Dobbin?
8. How does the author show instances of greed and selfishness in chapter 23?
9. What insight does the narrator give into the Crawley family?
10. What is the author trying to show in chapter 62?
Essay Topic 1
Irony plays a crucial part in the novel. Do you agree? If so, how and why?
Essay Topic 2
Give a detailed character analysis of Rawdon Crawley.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author use the character of William Dobbin in the novel? Is it merely to further the plot?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)