|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Becky Sharp flatter, as seen in chapter 31?
2. Why does William Dobbin get angry at John Osborne when Osborne is making a speech to William Dobbin?
3. What is true about the Osborne sisters as seen in chapter 21?
4. Who is Joseph Sedley?
5. Whom does Matilda hate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the character of Sir Pitt Crawley?
2. What is the author trying to tell the readers through chapter 22?
3. How does the author show the re-entry of Becky Sharp to the plot of the novel?
4. What is true of the characters of William Dobbin and George Sedley from chapters five and six?
5. What is true of the Osborne family's reaction to George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley?
6. Why does Amelia Sedley scream at Becky Sharp when both see each other?
7. How does Rawdon Crawley feel when his son is sent away to boarding school?
8. How does chapter 13 further establish George Osborne's true personality?
9. What gesture of William Dobbin's shows his love for Amelia Sedley, as seen in chapter 17?
10. What is happening to the relationship between Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give a detailed character analysis of Rawdon Crawley.
Essay Topic 2
Becky Sharp is a character who lives by her wits. Explain with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Is the title "Vanity Fair" apt for this novel? Give examples.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)