|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over as a health advisory and pharmacist for Matilda Crawley?
2. When Rawdon Crawley is leaving for the war, what is Becky Sharp busy thinking about?
3. What is the vauxhall?
4. Why does Becky Sharp come to the Crawley residence?
5. Which of the characters dies in the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
2. What is Becky Sharp up to in chapter 29 to raise her social status?
3. Why does Amelia Sedley scream at Becky Sharp when both see each other?
4. Why is John Osborne so cold to Amelia Sedley?
5. What is the significant event in chapter 32?
6. How is selfishness depicted through the characters in chapter 30?
7. What are the events that take place in chapter 40?
8. Why do Amelia Sedley and Polly have an argument?
9. How does the narrator set up the character of Amelia Sedley as seen in chapter 12?
10. Why does Lady Steyne have tears in her eyes as seen in chapter 49?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism used in the novel? Elucidate with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Appearances and social status play a very big role in the novel. How do these two aspects bring about the characters' downfall?
Essay Topic 3
Relationships hold no importance for anyone in Vanity Fair. How do relationships ebb and fall in the novel?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)