|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is engaged to Lady Jane Sheepshanks?
2. Whom does Matilda hate?
3. What happens to Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's house after they return from London?
4. Who is Matilda's Crawley's new companion?
5. What is the vauxhall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What insight does the narrator give into the Crawley family?
2. Why does Amelia Sedley scream at Becky Sharp when both see each other?
3. What do the characters think of William Dobbin?
4. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
5. What gesture of William Dobbin's shows his love for Amelia Sedley, as seen in chapter 17?
6. What is the decision Amelia Sedley takes as seen in chapter 50?
7. How does the author show the re-entry of Becky Sharp to the plot of the novel?
8. What is the conversation between Pitt and Becky Sharp as seen in chapter 55?
9. Which couple is reunited as seen in chapter 58?
10. What does the author tell the readers about the character of Georgy Osborne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Contrast the two main female characters in the novel, namely Becky Sharp and Amelia Sedley.
Essay Topic 2
Why does William Thackeray call this novel "a novel without a hero"?
Essay Topic 3
Give examples of imagery used in Vanity Fair and how it helps further the plot of the novel.
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)