|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Raggles?
2. Who is Amelia Sedley's escort in Belgium?
3. Whom does Matilda Crawley leave her fortune for?
4. What is true of Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp's relationship with each other?
5. Why is the trip to the vauxhall canceled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Matilda Crawley write a nasty letter to Becky Sharp?
2. What is true of George Osborne's character, as seen in chapter 28?
3. Why is John Osborne so cold to Amelia Sedley?
4. Why is Amelia Sedley upset at William Dobbin?
5. What is the conversation between Pitt and Becky Sharp as seen in chapter 55?
6. Why does Becky Sharp dislike Lady Jane and vice versa?
7. How does the author show instances of greed and selfishness in chapter 23?
8. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
9. What is true of the Steyne family?
10. Which couple is reunited as seen in chapter 58?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does William Thackeray call this novel "a novel without a hero"?
Essay Topic 2
Appearances and social status play a very big role in the novel. How do these two aspects bring about the characters' downfall?
Essay Topic 3
Irony plays a crucial part in the novel. Do you agree? If so, how and why?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)