|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not march for the war as seen in chapter 30?
2. Whom does the item, that is being bid on, initially belong to?
3. What aspect of George Osborne's character is revealed in chapter six?
4. Whom does Amelia Sedley celebrate her marriage with?
5. What is Becky Sharp's father's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of an ending does the narrator envision for Amelia Sedley and William Dobbin?
2. Why does Rawdon Crawley go to his brother's house?
3. How is selfishness depicted through the characters in chapter 30?
4. What is Becky Sharp up to in chapter 29 to raise her social status?
5. Why does Lady Steyne have tears in her eyes as seen in chapter 49?
6. Why does Amelia Sedley scream at Becky Sharp when both see each other?
7. How does the author show instances of greed and selfishness in chapter 23?
8. How does Becky Sharp manage to come back into the society?
9. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
10. What is true of the characters of William Dobbin and George Sedley from chapters five and six?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Give a detailed character analysis of Rawdon Crawley.
Essay Topic 2Why does the author use the character of William Dobbin in the novel? Is it merely to further the plot?
Essay Topic 3Irony plays a crucial part in the novel. Do you agree? If so, how and why?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)