|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the Sedley home at the end of chapter six?
2. Whom does Matilda hate?
3. What is true about Lady Crawley's character as seen in chapter nine?
4. Whom does Becky Sharp marry?
5. What are Beck Sharp's thoughts on the Crawley home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the character of Sir Pitt Crawley?
2. Why is Amelia Sedley upset at William Dobbin?
3. What does the letter written to Amelia Sedley by John Osborne contain?
4. Why does Amelia Sedley become such a frustrated a character, as seen in chapter 26?
5. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
6. Why does Lady Steyne have tears in her eyes as seen in chapter 49?
7. How does the narrator set up the character of Amelia Sedley as seen in chapter 12?
8. What is the lifestyle of Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp when living in Paris?
9. What do the characters think of William Dobbin?
10. What aspect of Becky Sharp's character do we see in chapter 41?
Essay Topic 1
How does the character of Matilda Crawley help further the plot and theme of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Give a detailed character analysis of Rawdon Crawley.
Essay Topic 3
Give examples of imagery used in Vanity Fair and how it helps further the plot of the novel.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)