|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is George Osborne doing when Amelia Sedley and Becky Sharp are riding around the town?
(a) He is chatting with other women.
(b) He is dancing with other women.
(c) He is going on rides with other women.
(d) He is oogling other women.
2. Which character is promoted in the military?
(a) George Osborne.
(b) William Dobbin.
(c) Rawdon Crawley.
(d) Joseph Sedley.
3. Who takes over as a health advisory and pharmacist for Matilda Crawley?
(a) Lady Southdown.
(b) Amelia Sedley.
(c) Becky Sharp.
(d) Lady Jane Sheepshanks.
4. Who finally earns a place of honor in Paris?
(a) Amelia Sedley.
(b) Becky Sharp.
(c) WIlliam Dobbin.
(d) Joseph Sedley.
5. What is true about Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's role as parents as seen in chapter 36?
(a) Only Becky Sharp cares for the child.
(b) Rawdon Crawley does not want the child.
(c) Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley both care for the child.
(d) Becky Sharp does not care but Rawdon Crawley is a devoted father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does William Dobbin get angry at John Osborne when Osborne is making a speech to William Dobbin?
2. Whom is Miss Swartz trying to get married to?
3. What are Beck Sharp's thoughts on the Crawley home?
4. Whom does Becky Sharp write a letter to?
5. Who is Horrocks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Amelia Sedley upset at William Dobbin?
2. What is true of Amelia Sedley's social growth as seen in chapter 60?
3. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
4. What is the decision Amelia Sedley takes as seen in chapter 50?
5. Why does Becky Sharp marry Rawdon Crawley even though she does not like him?
6. What insight does the narrator give into the Crawley family?
7. How does the author show instances of greed and selfishness in chapter 23?
8. Why is William Dobbin called "figs"?
9. How is selfishness depicted through the characters in chapter 30?
10. What are the events that take place in chapter 40?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)