|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of Becky Sharp's attitude towards Joseph Sedley?
(a) It is very friendly.
(b) It is arrogant.
(c) It is a false polite front.
(d) It is genuine.
2. Who is James?
(a) Mr. Crawley's nephew.
(b) Mrs. Crawley's nephew.
(c) Mrs. Crawley's cousin.
(d) Mrs. and Mr. Crawlye's son.
3. What is true of Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp's relationship with each other?
(a) Both hate each other a lot.
(b) Both love each other a lot.
(c) Becky Sharp makes fun of her husband openly.
(d) Rawdon Crawley makes fun of his wife openly.
4. Whom does the item, that is being bid on, initially belong to?
(a) Matila Crawley.
(b) William Dobbin.
(c) Amelia Sedley.
(d) Sir Pitt.
5. What happens to Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's house after they return from London?
(a) It burns down.
(b) It is guarded by the sheriff's men.
(c) It is sold.
(d) It is being auctioned off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Becky Sharp seduce so that Rawdon Crawley gains status?
2. Whom does Becky Sharp flatter, as seen in chapter 31?
3. Why is it that Becky Sharp does not like William Dobbin?
4. Who is Horrocks?
5. When the characters head to Belgium by sea, which of them gets seasick?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator set up the character of Amelia Sedley as seen in chapter 12?
2. What is Becky Sharp up to in chapter 29 to raise her social status?
3. How is selfishness depicted through the characters in chapter 30?
4. What happens to Sir Pitt in chapter 39?
5. Upon hearing about his son George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley, what does John Osborne do and why?
6. Why is Amelia Sedley very annoying to the readers in chapter 57?
7. Which couple is reunited as seen in chapter 58?
8. Why do Amelia Sedley and Polly have an argument?
9. What is the character of Lady Southdown?
10. What aspect of Amelia Sedley's personality does chapter 38 highlight?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)