|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is an auction being held?
(a) At the vauxhall gardens.
(b) At the Crawley's home.
(c) At a fair.
(d) At the Sedley's home.
2. Where does Mr. Bullock take the Osborne sisters to?
(a) A dance show.
(b) A game show.
(c) A flower show.
(d) A singing show.
3. Who is Joseph Sedley?
(a) Amelia Sedley's father.
(b) Amelia Sedley's brother.
(c) Amelia Sedley's husband.
(d) Amelia Sedley's cousin.
4. Who is Miss Swartz?
(a) A heiress.
(b) A writer.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A singer.
5. Who is James?
(a) Mrs. and Mr. Crawlye's son.
(b) Mrs. Crawley's cousin.
(c) Mr. Crawley's nephew.
(d) Mrs. Crawley's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Becky Sharp's father's profession?
2. What do the readers come to know of Mrs. Bute's character in chapter 19?
3. What is George Osborne doing when Amelia Sedley and Becky Sharp are riding around the town?
4. What is Becky Sharp busy doing at the ball thrown by the Duke Of Wellington?
5. Who meet in the park where Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley are riding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Sir Pitt in chapter 39?
2. Why is John Osborne so cold to Amelia Sedley?
3. Why is Amelia Sedley very annoying to the readers in chapter 57?
4. How does the Crawley household react when Matilda Crawley visits them?
5. What kind of an ending does the narrator envision for Amelia Sedley and William Dobbin?
6. How is Becky Sharp being treated by people as we seen in chapter 64?
7. How does chapter 13 further establish George Osborne's true personality?
8. How does the narrator set up the character of Amelia Sedley as seen in chapter 12?
9. Why does Becky Sharp marry Rawdon Crawley even though she does not like him?
10. What is the setting of the novel and what idea do we get about the characters of Becky Sharp and Amelia Sedley as seen in chapter one?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)