|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of chapter 20, what is the author portraying about all the characters in this novel?
(a) That none of them are happy and content.
(b) That each one of them is happy .
(c) That everyone is very genuine in his/her own behaviour.
(d) That everyone is selfless.
2. Whom does the item, that is being bid on, initially belong to?
(a) Amelia Sedley.
(b) Sir Pitt.
(c) William Dobbin.
(d) Matila Crawley.
3. When Rawdon Crawley is leaving for the war, what is Becky Sharp busy thinking about?
(a) Her financial position, in case her husband dies.
(b) Aboout William Dobbin.
(c) About George Osborne.
(d) Her parties and balls.
4. What kind of a couple is Major and Mrs. O'Dowd?
(a) Jolly and loud.
(b) Soft and gentle.
5. Who invites Amelia Sedley to a military party?
(a) Mrs. O'Dowd.
(b) William Dobbin.
(c) Mr. O'Dowd.
(d) A Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Georgy?
2. Which is true of Joseph Sedley's character?
3. Who is Miss Firkin?
4. What is true in the relationship between Sir Pitt and his brother?
5. Why does William Dobbin get angry at John Osborne when Osborne is making a speech to William Dobbin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the characters think of William Dobbin?
2. Why does Becky Sharp dislike Lady Jane and vice versa?
3. How does the author show the re-entry of Becky Sharp to the plot of the novel?
4. How is Becky Sharp being treated by people as we seen in chapter 64?
5. What does the death of Lady Rose Crawley really say about the characters of the novel?
6. How does chapter 13 further establish George Osborne's true personality?
7. What is true of the Steyne family?
8. What is the conversation between Pitt and Becky Sharp as seen in chapter 55?
9. Why do Amelia Sedley and Polly have an argument?
10. What does the letter written to Amelia Sedley by John Osborne contain?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)