|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it that Becky Sharp does not like William Dobbin?
(a) Because he hates her husband.
(b) Because he loves Amelia Sedley.
(c) Because he is very poor.
(d) Because he is ugly and awkward.
2. What is true of Becky Sharp's attitude towards Joseph Sedley?
(a) It is a false polite front.
(b) It is arrogant.
(c) It is genuine.
(d) It is very friendly.
3. What is it about the O'Dowds that people make fun of?
(a) Their dressing style.
(b) Their laughing style.
(c) Their thick accents.
(d) Their behaviour.
4. When the characters head to Belgium by sea, which of them gets seasick?
(a) William Dobbin.
(b) Joseph Sedley.
(c) George Osborne.
(d) Amelia Sedley.
5. Why does William Dobbin get angry at John Osborne when Osborne is making a speech to William Dobbin?
(a) Because John Osborne insults William Dobbin.
(b) Because John Osborne insults George Osborne.
(c) Because John Osborne insults Amelia Sedley.
(d) Because John Osborne slaps William Dobbin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs all the affairs of Queens Crawley?
2. Who is Corporal Clink?
3. Whom does Amelia Sedley love?
4. What is Becky Sharp's background?
5. Who is Horrocks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Sir Pitt in chapter 39?
2. What is true of the Steyne family?
3. What aspect of Amelia Sedley's personality does chapter 38 highlight?
4. Why does William Dobbin get angry when he reads Amelia Sedley's letter?
5. Why is John Osborne so cold to Amelia Sedley?
6. Why do Amelia Sedley and Polly have an argument?
7. How does the narrator set up the character of Amelia Sedley as seen in chapter 12?
8. What else do we get to know about the character of Becky Sharp when she visits the Sedleys?
9. What is true of George Osborne's character, as seen in chapter 28?
10. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)