|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Becky Sharp seduce so that Rawdon Crawley gains status?
(a) Major O'Dowd.
(b) A very senior officer.
(c) The general.
(d) The Duke of Wellington.
2. What aspect of George Osborne's character is revealed in chapter six?
(a) He is very kind.
(b) He cannot be trusted.
(c) He is very trustworthy.
(d) He is very generous.
3. Which of the Crawley's is NOT befriended by Becky Sharp?
(a) Rawdon Crawley.
(b) Pitt Crawley, junior.
(c) Lady Crawley.
(d) Sir Pitt Crawley.
4. Who is the old man with Corporal Clink at the park?
(a) John Sedley.
(b) Sir Pitt Crawley.
(c) William Dobbin's father.
(d) Mr. Osborne
5. Who is Corporal Clink?
(a) Joseph Sedley's old war friend.
(b) Rawdon Crawley's old war friend.
(c) George Osborne's old war friend.
(d) William Dobbin's old war friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Firkin?
2. Which character is introduced first at the beginning of chapter five?
3. Whom does Amelia Sedley love?
4. What is true about George Osborne's personality from chapter 13?
5. Which character is quite smitten by William Dobbin's charms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What aspect of Becky Sharp's character do we see in chapter 41?
2. What is the similarity between Mrs. Bute and Becky Sharp, as we see in chapter 19?
3. Why does Becky Sharp marry Rawdon Crawley even though she does not like him?
4. How does the Osbornes split after the death of John Osborne?
5. Why does Matilda Crawley write a nasty letter to Becky Sharp?
6. Why is William Dobbin called "figs"?
7. Upon hearing about his son George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley, what does John Osborne do and why?
8. What does the author tell the readers about the character of Georgy Osborne?
9. What is the author trying to show in chapter 62?
10. How does the author show the re-entry of Becky Sharp to the plot of the novel?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)