|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Amelia Sedley and Becky Sharp?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are mother and daughter.
(d) They are friends.
2. What is William Dobbin called?
3. Who does not march for the war as seen in chapter 30?
(a) George Osborne.
(b) William Dobbin.
(c) Joseph Sedley.
(d) Rawdon Crawley.
4. What do the readers come to know of Mrs. Bute's character in chapter 19?
(a) That she wants to nurse Matilda Crawley back to health.
(b) That she is very kind and genuine.
(c) That she is cunning and manipulative.
(d) That she is selfless in her devotion to Matilda Crawley.
5. What is true of Becky Sharp's attitude towards Joseph Sedley?
(a) It is arrogant.
(b) It is genuine.
(c) It is very friendly.
(d) It is a false polite front.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Amelia Sedley to a military party?
2. Who is Mr. Bullock?
3. What does the narrator reveal about Amelia Sedley's feelings towards William Dobbin in the beginning of chapter 25?
4. Whom is Miss Swartz trying to get married to?
5. Who is Miss Pinkerton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of an ending does the narrator envision for Amelia Sedley and William Dobbin?
2. What gesture of William Dobbin's shows his love for Amelia Sedley, as seen in chapter 17?
3. What is the author trying to show in chapter 62?
4. Why does Rawdon Crawley go to his brother's house?
5. What is the conversation between Pitt and Becky Sharp as seen in chapter 55?
6. What is the significant event in chapter 32?
7. What is the setting of the novel and what idea do we get about the characters of Becky Sharp and Amelia Sedley as seen in chapter one?
8. Upon hearing about his son George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley, what does John Osborne do and why?
9. What is true of John Osborne as seen in chapter 42?
10. What happens to Sir Pitt in chapter 39?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)