|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true about the Osborne sisters as seen in chapter 21?
(a) They are selfish and superficial.
(b) They are very genuine.
(c) They are very very mature in their behaviour.
(d) They are selfless.
2. Which character is promoted in the military?
(a) Joseph Sedley.
(b) George Osborne.
(c) William Dobbin.
(d) Rawdon Crawley.
3. Who is Miss Firkin?
(a) Matilda Crawley's servant.
(b) Matilda Crawley's seamstress.
(c) Matilda Crawley's friend.
(d) Matilda Crawley's housekeeper.
4. What item do Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley bid on at a public auction?
(a) A piano.
(b) A piece of jewelry.
(c) A piece of furniture.
(d) A dress.
5. Where is George Osborne actually going when he lies to Amelia Sedley and tells her that he is going on business?
(a) To the theater.
(b) To go hunting.
(c) To meet some women.
(d) To play a game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Amelia Sedley's escort in Belgium?
2. Whom does Becky Sharp flatter, as seen in chapter 31?
3. Whom does Matilda hate?
4. Who does not march for the war as seen in chapter 30?
5. Who is Bute Crawley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is true of John Osborne as seen in chapter 42?
2. What is true of Amelia Sedley's social growth as seen in chapter 60?
3. What is true of George Osborne's character, as seen in chapter 28?
4. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
5. What is Becky Sharp up to in chapter 29 to raise her social status?
6. What does the letter written to Amelia Sedley by John Osborne contain?
7. What do the characters think of William Dobbin?
8. How does Becky Sharp manage to come back into the society?
9. Why is William Dobbin called "figs"?
10. Why does Becky Sharp marry Rawdon Crawley even though she does not like him?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)