|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp's relationship with each other?
(a) Both love each other a lot.
(b) Rawdon Crawley makes fun of his wife openly.
(c) Both hate each other a lot.
(d) Becky Sharp makes fun of her husband openly.
2. What does William Dobbin tell George Osborne that softens his heart towards Amelia Sedley?
(a) That Amelia Sedley is dying.
(b) That Amelia Sedley is dead.
(c) That Amelia Seldley is going to marry someone else.
(d) That Amelia Sedley is going to kill herself.
3. Whom does Becky Sharp write a letter to?
(a) John Sedley.
(b) Joseph Sedley.
(c) George Osborne.
(d) Amelia Sedley.
4. What is true of Becky Sharp's attitude towards Joseph Sedley?
(a) It is arrogant.
(b) It is very friendly.
(c) It is genuine.
(d) It is a false polite front.
5. What is true about Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's role as parents as seen in chapter 36?
(a) Only Becky Sharp cares for the child.
(b) Rawdon Crawley does not want the child.
(c) Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley both care for the child.
(d) Becky Sharp does not care but Rawdon Crawley is a devoted father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally earns a place of honor in Paris?
2. Whom does Matilda hate?
3. Who meet in the park where Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley are riding?
4. What is Becky Sharp's background?
5. Who is Mr. Raggles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of an ending does the narrator envision for Amelia Sedley and William Dobbin?
2. How does chapter 13 further establish George Osborne's true personality?
3. Why is John Osborne so cold to Amelia Sedley?
4. Why is Amelia Sedley upset at William Dobbin?
5. What does the letter written to Amelia Sedley by John Osborne contain?
6. Why does Amelia Sedley scream at Becky Sharp when both see each other?
7. Why does William Dobbin get angry when he reads Amelia Sedley's letter?
8. How does the narrator describe the character of Sir Pitt Crawley?
9. Why does Becky Sharp dislike Lady Jane and vice versa?
10. What happens to Sir Pitt in chapter 39?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)