|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Briggs?
(a) Matilda Crawley's niece.
(b) Matilda Crawley's seamstress.
(c) Matilda Crawley's friend and servant.
(d) Matilda Crawley's aunt.
2. What item do Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley bid on at a public auction?
(a) A piece of jewelry.
(b) A piano.
(c) A dress.
(d) A piece of furniture.
3. Who is Georgy?
(a) Mrs. and Mr. John Sedley's son.
(b) Rawdon Crawley and Beck Sharp's son.
(c) Mrs. and Mr. Bute's son.
(d) George Osborne and Amelia Sedley's son.
4. Whom does Matilda hate?
(a) Becky Sharp.
(b) Lady Crawley.
(c) Rawdon Crawley.
(d) Pitt junior.
5. Who does Becky Sharp seduce so that Rawdon Crawley gains status?
(a) The general.
(b) Major O'Dowd.
(c) A very senior officer.
(d) The Duke of Wellington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over as a health advisory and pharmacist for Matilda Crawley?
2. At Matilda Crawley's house, who becomes the household matriarch?
3. Who is Matilda's Crawley's new companion?
4. What happens to Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's house after they return from London?
5. Who is Joseph Sedley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rawdon Crawley go to his brother's house?
2. Why is Amelia Sedley upset at William Dobbin?
3. Upon hearing about his son George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley, what does John Osborne do and why?
4. What is true of the Steyne family?
5. How does the narrator describe the character of Sir Pitt Crawley?
6. How does the Osbornes split after the death of John Osborne?
7. What is the decision Amelia Sedley takes as seen in chapter 50?
8. How does the Crawley household react when Matilda Crawley visits them?
9. What does the author tell the readers about the character of Georgy Osborne?
10. Why do the women at the military party get jealous of Amelia Sedley?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)