Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William Dobbin tell George Osborne that softens his heart towards Amelia Sedley?
(a) That Amelia Sedley is going to kill herself.
(b) That Amelia Sedley is dead.
(c) That Amelia Seldley is going to marry someone else.
(d) That Amelia Sedley is dying.
2. What is true about Sir Crawley's character as seen in chapter seven?
(a) He is not at all respected by anyone.
(b) He is very generous with his money.
(c) He has a very bad reputation.
(d) He is frugal and never tips anyone.
3. At Matilda Crawley's house, who becomes the household matriarch?
(a) Becky Sharp.
(b) Lady Southdown.
(c) Lady Jane.
(d) Amelia Sedley.
4. Which is true of Joseph Sedley's character?
(a) He is a vagabond.
(b) He is a dandy
(c) He is shy around women.
(d) He loves to be in the company of women.
5. Which character is promoted to a rank of a major?
(a) William Dobbin.
(b) Rawdon Crawley.
(d) Joseph Seldey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs all the affairs of Queens Crawley?
2. What does Mrs. Sedley realize about William Dobbin in chapter 18?
3. What do Amelia Sedley and George Osborne do in Brighton?
4. Who does not march for the war as seen in chapter 30?
5. What is true in the relationship between Sir Pitt and his brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Becky Sharp dislike Lady Jane and vice versa?
2. How is selfishness depicted through the characters in chapter 30?
3. Upon hearing about his son George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley, what does John Osborne do and why?
4. Why do the women at the military party get jealous of Amelia Sedley?
5. How does the narrator set up the character of Amelia Sedley as seen in chapter 12?
6. Which couple is reunited as seen in chapter 58?
7. What is the author trying to tell the readers through chapter 22?
8. How does the narrator describe the character of Sir Pitt Crawley?
9. Why is Amelia Sedley upset at William Dobbin?
10. What aspect of Becky Sharp's character do we see in chapter 41?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)