|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Osborne do when at the study room?
(a) He sits down to so some thinking.
(b) He writes a note for Geroge Osborne.
(c) He sits down and reads the Bible.
(d) He removes George Osborne's name from the family record
2. What is true in the relationship between Sir Pitt and his brother?
(a) They want to kill each other.
(b) They do not get along.
(c) They love each other.
(d) They never see each other.
3. What is true about the Osborne sisters as seen in chapter 21?
(a) They are very very mature in their behaviour.
(b) They are selfish and superficial.
(c) They are very genuine.
(d) They are selfless.
4. What do Amelia Sedley and George Osborne do in Brighton?
(a) They have come there for their honeymoon.
(b) They have come there to meet someone.
(c) They have come their to buy a home.
(d) They have come there to pick up someone.
5. What does the Belgium nobility think of George Osborne?
(a) That is a very intelligent.
(b) That he is second class.
(c) That he is very charming.
(d) That he is of high birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is an auction being held?
2. What is George Osborne doing when Amelia Sedley and Becky Sharp are riding around the town?
3. What is it about the O'Dowds that people make fun of?
4. Who is Bute Crawley?
5. When the characters head to Belgium by sea, which of them gets seasick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Sir Pitt in chapter 39?
2. Why does Amelia Sedley scream at Becky Sharp when both see each other?
3. Why is John Osborne so cold to Amelia Sedley?
4. What is the conversation between Pitt and Becky Sharp as seen in chapter 55?
5. Why does Becky Sharp marry Rawdon Crawley even though she does not like him?
6. What is the significant event in chapter 32?
7. Why does Matilda Crawley write a nasty letter to Becky Sharp?
8. How does chapter 13 further establish George Osborne's true personality?
9. Why does William Dobbin get angry when he reads Amelia Sedley's letter?
10. Why do Amelia Sedley and Polly have an argument?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)