|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is true of Joseph Sedley's character?
(a) He is a dandy
(b) He is a vagabond.
(c) He loves to be in the company of women.
(d) He is shy around women.
2. Where is George Osborne actually going when he lies to Amelia Sedley and tells her that he is going on business?
(a) To the theater.
(b) To meet some women.
(c) To go hunting.
(d) To play a game.
3. What is George Osborne doing when Amelia Sedley and Becky Sharp are riding around the town?
(a) He is chatting with other women.
(b) He is dancing with other women.
(c) He is going on rides with other women.
(d) He is oogling other women.
4. Who is Bute Crawley?
(a) Sir Pitt's nephew.
(b) Sir Pitt's uncle.
(c) SIr Pitt's brother.
(d) Sir Pitt's cousin.
5. Whom does Amelia Sedley love?
(a) Geroge Osborne.
(b) Bute Crawley.
(c) William Dobbin.
(d) Rawdon Crawley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs all the affairs of Queens Crawley?
2. Whom does Amelia Sedley celebrate her marriage with?
3. What do Amelia Sedley and George Osborne do in Brighton?
4. The novel is set in what time period?
5. Why is it that Becky Sharp does not like William Dobbin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the character of Lady Southdown?
2. Why does Rawdon Crawley go to his brother's house?
3. Why does Matilda Crawley write a nasty letter to Becky Sharp?
4. What is the conversation between Pitt and Becky Sharp as seen in chapter 55?
5. What is true of the Steyne family?
6. Why does Becky Sharp dislike Lady Jane and vice versa?
7. Why does Becky Sharp marry Rawdon Crawley even though she does not like him?
8. What does the letter written to Amelia Sedley by John Osborne contain?
9. Why is William Dobbin called "figs"?
10. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)