|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the old man with Corporal Clink at the park?
(a) John Sedley.
(b) William Dobbin's father.
(c) Sir Pitt Crawley.
(d) Mr. Osborne
2. Who is Joseph Sedley?
(a) Amelia Sedley's husband.
(b) Amelia Sedley's father.
(c) Amelia Sedley's brother.
(d) Amelia Sedley's cousin.
3. Who is Horrocks?
(a) A cook.
(b) A butler.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A sentry.
4. What is the vauxhall?
(a) The Royal Library.
(b) The Royal Guesthouse.
(c) The Royal Estate.
(d) The Royal Gardens.
5. What is the scene in Belgium when the characters reach?
(a) Peaceful and quiet
(b) Very tense.
(c) Dull and depressing.
(d) Festive and high spirited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally earns a place of honor in Paris?
2. Whom does Becky Sharp flatter, as seen in chapter 31?
3. Who is Chopper?
4. Who is Bute Crawley?
5. What do the readers come to know of Mrs. Bute's character in chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is true of the Osborne family's reaction to George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley?
2. What is true of John Osborne as seen in chapter 42?
3. Why does Matilda Crawley write a nasty letter to Becky Sharp?
4. Why is Amelia Sedley upset at William Dobbin?
5. How does Becky Sharp manage to come back into the society?
6. What happens to Sir Pitt in chapter 39?
7. How does chapter 13 further establish George Osborne's true personality?
8. What insight does the narrator give into the Crawley family?
9. Why does Becky Sharp marry Rawdon Crawley even though she does not like him?
10. What is the relationship between Becky Sharp and Lord Steyne?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)