|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of George Osborne's character is revealed in chapter six?
(a) He is very generous.
(b) He cannot be trusted.
(c) He is very trustworthy.
(d) He is very kind.
2. Which is true of Joseph Sedley's character?
(a) He is a vagabond.
(b) He is shy around women.
(c) He is a dandy
(d) He loves to be in the company of women.
3. What is true about the Osborne sisters as seen in chapter 21?
(a) They are selfish and superficial.
(b) They are very genuine.
(c) They are very very mature in their behaviour.
(d) They are selfless.
4. When the characters head to Belgium by sea, which of them gets seasick?
(a) William Dobbin.
(b) Joseph Sedley.
(c) George Osborne.
(d) Amelia Sedley.
5. What does William Dobbin tell George Osborne that softens his heart towards Amelia Sedley?
(a) That Amelia Seldley is going to marry someone else.
(b) That Amelia Sedley is dead.
(c) That Amelia Sedley is dying.
(d) That Amelia Sedley is going to kill herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chopper?
2. Whom does the item, that is being bid on, initially belong to?
3. Who is James?
4. Whom does Amelia Sedley love?
5. Why does William Dobbin get angry at John Osborne when Osborne is making a speech to William Dobbin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lady Steyne have tears in her eyes as seen in chapter 49?
2. Which couple is reunited as seen in chapter 58?
3. What is true of the Osborne family's reaction to George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley?
4. What aspect of Amelia Sedley's personality does chapter 38 highlight?
5. Why do the women at the military party get jealous of Amelia Sedley?
6. Why does Becky Sharp dislike Lady Jane and vice versa?
7. What is the relationship between Becky Sharp and Lord Steyne?
8. Why does Matilda Crawley write a nasty letter to Becky Sharp?
9. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
10. How does the author show the re-entry of Becky Sharp to the plot of the novel?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)