|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is George Osborne actually going when he lies to Amelia Sedley and tells her that he is going on business?
(a) To meet some women.
(b) To the theater.
(c) To play a game.
(d) To go hunting.
2. What is true in the relationship between Sir Pitt and his brother?
(a) They never see each other.
(b) They do not get along.
(c) They want to kill each other.
(d) They love each other.
3. What does Mrs. Sedley realize about William Dobbin in chapter 18?
(a) That he loves Amelia Sedley.
(b) That he hates Amelia Sedley.
(c) That he hates Becky Sharp.
(d) That he loves Becky Sharp.
4. Whom does the item, that is being bid on, initially belong to?
(a) Sir Pitt.
(b) Matila Crawley.
(c) Amelia Sedley.
(d) William Dobbin.
5. Who is Chopper?
(a) William Dobbin's friend.
(b) George Osborne's friend.
(c) Amelia Sedley's friend.
(d) John Osborne's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item do Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley bid on at a public auction?
2. What does John Osborne do when at the study room?
3. Which is true of Joseph Sedley's character?
4. What are Beck Sharp's thoughts on the Crawley home?
5. What happens to Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's house after they return from London?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is selfishness depicted through the characters in chapter 30?
2. Why does Becky Sharp marry Rawdon Crawley even though she does not like him?
3. What is the significant event in chapter 32?
4. What is the character of Lady Southdown?
5. What is true of the characters of William Dobbin and George Sedley from chapters five and six?
6. What does the author tell the readers about the character of Georgy Osborne?
7. How does Becky Sharp manage to come back into the society?
8. What else do we get to know about the character of Becky Sharp when she visits the Sedleys?
9. How does Rawdon Crawley feel when his son is sent away to boarding school?
10. What does the letter written to Amelia Sedley by John Osborne contain?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)