|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Horrocks?
(a) A cook.
(b) A butler.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A sentry.
2. Who is Miss Swartz?
(a) A heiress.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A singer.
(d) A writer.
3. Who meet in the park where Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley are riding?
(a) The Osbornes and Amelia Sedley.
(b) The Crawleys and William Dobbin.
(c) The Osbornes and William Dobbin.
(d) The Osbornes and the Crawleys.
4. Who is Mr. Raggles?
(a) Matilda Crawley's escort.
(b) Matilda Crawley's cook.
(c) Matilda Crawley's former butler.
(d) Matilda Crawley's gardener.
5. Who invites Amelia Sedley to a military party?
(a) William Dobbin.
(b) Mr. O'Dowd.
(c) A Colonel.
(d) Mrs. O'Dowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true about Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's role as parents as seen in chapter 36?
2. What does William Dobbin encourage Amelia Sedley and George Osborne to do?
3. What is the scene in Belgium when the characters reach?
4. Why is the trip to the vauxhall canceled?
5. Where is an auction being held?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does chapter 13 further establish George Osborne's true personality?
2. Why is Amelia Sedley very annoying to the readers in chapter 57?
3. Why does Amelia Sedley scream at Becky Sharp when both see each other?
4. What is true of Becky Sharp from chapter 51?
5. Why does Becky Sharp marry Rawdon Crawley even though she does not like him?
6. What is the conversation between Pitt and Becky Sharp as seen in chapter 55?
7. What is the author trying to tell the readers through chapter 22?
8. What is the relationship between Becky Sharp and Lord Steyne?
9. What is true of Amelia Sedley's social growth as seen in chapter 60?
10. How does the author show the re-entry of Becky Sharp to the plot of the novel?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)