|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bute Crawley?
(a) SIr Pitt's brother.
(b) Sir Pitt's nephew.
(c) Sir Pitt's cousin.
(d) Sir Pitt's uncle.
2. What is the vauxhall?
(a) The Royal Estate.
(b) The Royal Guesthouse.
(c) The Royal Gardens.
(d) The Royal Library.
3. Who is Amelia Sedley's escort in Belgium?
(a) Becky Sharp.
(b) William Dobbin.
(c) Major O'Dowd.
4. What is it about the O'Dowds that people make fun of?
(a) Their dressing style.
(b) Their thick accents.
(c) Their behaviour.
(d) Their laughing style.
5. Whom does Amelia Sedley love?
(a) William Dobbin.
(b) Bute Crawley.
(c) Rawdon Crawley.
(d) Geroge Osborne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Becky Sharp write a letter to?
2. Who is James?
3. What is true about Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's role as parents as seen in chapter 36?
4. What is the scene in Belgium when the characters reach?
5. When Rawdon Crawley is leaving for the war, what is Becky Sharp busy thinking about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What insight does the narrator give into the Crawley family?
2. What is true of George Osborne's character, as seen in chapter 28?
3. How does the author show the re-entry of Becky Sharp to the plot of the novel?
4. Upon hearing about his son George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley, what does John Osborne do and why?
5. What is the conversation between Pitt and Becky Sharp as seen in chapter 55?
6. What is true of John Osborne as seen in chapter 42?
7. What is true of Becky Sharp from chapter 51?
8. How is Becky Sharp being treated by people as we seen in chapter 64?
9. What are the events that take place in chapter 40?
10. What is true of the characters of William Dobbin and George Sedley from chapters five and six?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)