|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Chopper?
(a) John Osborne's friend.
(b) William Dobbin's friend.
(c) George Osborne's friend.
(d) Amelia Sedley's friend.
2. Which character is promoted in the military?
(a) William Dobbin.
(b) Rawdon Crawley.
(c) Joseph Sedley.
(d) George Osborne.
3. What do Amelia Sedley and George Osborne do in Brighton?
(a) They have come their to buy a home.
(b) They have come there for their honeymoon.
(c) They have come there to meet someone.
(d) They have come there to pick up someone.
4. What kind of a couple is Major and Mrs. O'Dowd?
(a) Soft and gentle.
(b) Jolly and loud.
5. Whom does Amelia Sedley celebrate her marriage with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her cousins.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's house after they return from London?
2. Who is Amelia Sedley's escort in Belgium?
3. Whom does Becky Sharp flatter, as seen in chapter 31?
4. Who is Matilda's Crawley's new companion?
5. Why does William Dobbin get angry at John Osborne when Osborne is making a speech to William Dobbin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the character of Sir Pitt Crawley?
2. How does the Osbornes split after the death of John Osborne?
3. What does the death of Lady Rose Crawley really say about the characters of the novel?
4. What is true of Becky Sharp from chapter 51?
5. What is Becky Sharp's relation with her son?
6. What is the lifestyle of Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp when living in Paris?
7. How does Rawdon Crawley feel when his son is sent away to boarding school?
8. How does Becky Sharp manage to come back into the society?
9. Why is William Dobbin called "figs"?
10. What is the author trying to tell the readers through chapter 22?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)