|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Amelia Sedley and George Osborne do in Brighton?
(a) They have come there to meet someone.
(b) They have come their to buy a home.
(c) They have come there to pick up someone.
(d) They have come there for their honeymoon.
2. Who is Joseph Sedley?
(a) Amelia Sedley's brother.
(b) Amelia Sedley's husband.
(c) Amelia Sedley's cousin.
(d) Amelia Sedley's father.
3. Who is James?
(a) Mrs. Crawley's cousin.
(b) Mrs. Crawley's nephew.
(c) Mr. Crawley's nephew.
(d) Mrs. and Mr. Crawlye's son.
4. Who is engaged to Lady Jane Sheepshanks?
(a) Pitt junior.
(b) William Dobbin.
(c) Joseph Sedley.
(d) Sir Pitt.
5. What is true in the relationship between Sir Pitt and his brother?
(a) They do not get along.
(b) They want to kill each other.
(c) They never see each other.
(d) They love each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Osborne do when at the study room?
2. What is it about the O'Dowds that people make fun of?
3. What does William Dobbin tell George Osborne that softens his heart towards Amelia Sedley?
4. Who is Horrocks?
5. At Matilda Crawley's house, who becomes the household matriarch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What else do we get to know about the character of Becky Sharp when she visits the Sedleys?
2. What does the death of Lady Rose Crawley really say about the characters of the novel?
3. How does the Crawley household react when Matilda Crawley visits them?
4. What is true of John Osborne as seen in chapter 42?
5. What gesture of William Dobbin's shows his love for Amelia Sedley, as seen in chapter 17?
6. How is selfishness depicted through the characters in chapter 30?
7. How does the author show instances of greed and selfishness in chapter 23?
8. What is happening to the relationship between Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp?
9. Why does Becky Sharp marry Rawdon Crawley even though she does not like him?
10. Why is Amelia Sedley very annoying to the readers in chapter 57?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)