|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of Becky Sharp's attitude towards Joseph Sedley?
(a) It is arrogant.
(b) It is genuine.
(c) It is very friendly.
(d) It is a false polite front.
2. What kind of a couple is Major and Mrs. O'Dowd?
(b) Soft and gentle.
(d) Jolly and loud.
3. Which character is quite smitten by William Dobbin's charms?
(a) One of George Osborne's girlfriends.
(b) One of George Osborne's cousins.
(c) One of George Osborne's sisters.
(d) One of George Osborne's aunts.
4. Who invites Amelia Sedley to a military party?
(a) A Colonel.
(b) William Dobbin.
(c) Mrs. O'Dowd.
(d) Mr. O'Dowd.
5. Who is Amelia Sedley's escort in Belgium?
(a) Major O'Dowd.
(b) Becky Sharp.
(c) William Dobbin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the scene in Belgium when the characters reach?
2. Who is Bute Crawley?
3. Who is Joseph Sedley?
4. What is true in the relationship between Sir Pitt and his brother?
5. What is Becky Sharp's background?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the women at the military party get jealous of Amelia Sedley?
2. Why is Amelia Sedley upset at William Dobbin?
3. What happens to Sir Pitt in chapter 39?
4. What does the letter written to Amelia Sedley by John Osborne contain?
5. Why does Amelia Sedley scream at Becky Sharp when both see each other?
6. What does the death of Lady Rose Crawley really say about the characters of the novel?
7. Why does Becky Sharp dislike Lady Jane and vice versa?
8. What is the setting of the novel and what idea do we get about the characters of Becky Sharp and Amelia Sedley as seen in chapter one?
9. How does the Osbornes split after the death of John Osborne?
10. What is the significant event in chapter 32?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)