|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is quite smitten by William Dobbin's charms?
(a) One of George Osborne's cousins.
(b) One of George Osborne's girlfriends.
(c) One of George Osborne's sisters.
(d) One of George Osborne's aunts.
2. Why is it that Becky Sharp does not like William Dobbin?
(a) Because he hates her husband.
(b) Because he is ugly and awkward.
(c) Because he is very poor.
(d) Because he loves Amelia Sedley.
3. Who is Georgy?
(a) Mrs. and Mr. Bute's son.
(b) Mrs. and Mr. John Sedley's son.
(c) Rawdon Crawley and Beck Sharp's son.
(d) George Osborne and Amelia Sedley's son.
4. Who is Mr. Raggles?
(a) Matilda Crawley's former butler.
(b) Matilda Crawley's gardener.
(c) Matilda Crawley's cook.
(d) Matilda Crawley's escort.
5. Who is Matilda's Crawley's new companion?
(a) Miss Birggs.
(b) Becky Sharp.
(c) Amelia Sedley.
(d) Miss Firkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the vauxhall?
2. What is Becky Sharp busy doing at the ball thrown by the Duke Of Wellington?
3. Why does Becky Sharp come to the Crawley residence?
4. At Matilda Crawley's house, who becomes the household matriarch?
5. Why does William Dobbin get angry at John Osborne when Osborne is making a speech to William Dobbin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is true of Amelia Sedley's social growth as seen in chapter 60?
2. What does the death of Lady Rose Crawley really say about the characters of the novel?
3. How does the Crawley household react when Matilda Crawley visits them?
4. What insight does the narrator give into the Crawley family?
5. Upon hearing about his son George Osborne marrying Amelia Sedley, what does John Osborne do and why?
6. What is the similarity between Mrs. Bute and Becky Sharp, as we see in chapter 19?
7. How does the Osbornes split after the death of John Osborne?
8. How does the author show the re-entry of Becky Sharp to the plot of the novel?
9. How does Rawdon Crawley feel when his son is sent away to boarding school?
10. Why does Becky Sharp marry Rawdon Crawley even though she does not like him?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)