|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does William Dobbin get angry at John Osborne when Osborne is making a speech to William Dobbin?
(a) Because John Osborne insults George Osborne.
(b) Because John Osborne slaps William Dobbin.
(c) Because John Osborne insults William Dobbin.
(d) Because John Osborne insults Amelia Sedley.
2. What is the relationship between Amelia Sedley and Becky Sharp?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They are mother and daughter.
3. What is true of Becky Sharp's attitude towards Joseph Sedley?
(a) It is arrogant.
(b) It is a false polite front.
(c) It is very friendly.
(d) It is genuine.
4. Who is Amelia Sedley's escort in Belgium?
(a) Becky Sharp.
(b) William Dobbin.
(d) Major O'Dowd.
5. Where is an auction being held?
(a) At the Sedley's home.
(b) At the vauxhall gardens.
(c) At the Crawley's home.
(d) At a fair.
6. When Rawdon Crawley is leaving for the war, what is Becky Sharp busy thinking about?
(a) About George Osborne.
(b) Her financial position, in case her husband dies.
(c) Aboout William Dobbin.
(d) Her parties and balls.
7. What does William Dobbin encourage Amelia Sedley and George Osborne to do?
(a) To elope.
(b) To invest in a piece of land.
(c) To buy a home.
(d) To get married right away.
8. Who is Horrocks?
(a) A butler.
(b) A gardener.
(c) A cook.
(d) A sentry.
9. What is George Osborne doing when Amelia Sedley and Becky Sharp are riding around the town?
(a) He is dancing with other women.
(b) He is going on rides with other women.
(c) He is chatting with other women.
(d) He is oogling other women.
10. What do Amelia Sedley and George Osborne do in Brighton?
(a) They have come there to meet someone.
(b) They have come there for their honeymoon.
(c) They have come their to buy a home.
(d) They have come there to pick up someone.
11. What is true in the relationship between Sir Pitt and his brother?
(a) They do not get along.
(b) They never see each other.
(c) They love each other.
(d) They want to kill each other.
12. Which is true of Joseph Sedley's character?
(a) He is a dandy
(b) He is shy around women.
(c) He is a vagabond.
(d) He loves to be in the company of women.
13. What is Becky Sharp's father's profession?
(a) A painter.
(b) A singer.
(c) A writer.
(d) An artist.
14. What happens to Amelia Sedley when she sees Becky Sharp?
(a) She smiles at her.
(b) She gives her a warm hug.
(c) She starts shouting at her.
(d) She slaps her.
15. What is the vauxhall?
(a) The Royal Library.
(b) The Royal Estate.
(c) The Royal Gardens.
(d) The Royal Guesthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Amelia Sedley love?
2. What does Mrs. Sedley realize about William Dobbin in chapter 18?
3. What is true about Sir Crawley's character as seen in chapter seven?
4. Whom is Miss Swartz trying to get married to?
5. Which of the characters dies in the war?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)