|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true about the Osborne sisters as seen in chapter 21?
(a) They are very genuine.
(b) They are selfish and superficial.
(c) They are selfless.
(d) They are very very mature in their behaviour.
2. What is it about the O'Dowds that people make fun of?
(a) Their laughing style.
(b) Their dressing style.
(c) Their behaviour.
(d) Their thick accents.
3. Whom does Matilda hate?
(a) Rawdon Crawley.
(b) Lady Crawley.
(c) Pitt junior.
(d) Becky Sharp.
4. Where does Mr. Bullock take the Osborne sisters to?
(a) A flower show.
(b) A singing show.
(c) A dance show.
(d) A game show.
5. What does the narrator reveal about Amelia Sedley's feelings towards William Dobbin in the beginning of chapter 25?
(a) That she does not like him much.
(b) That she finds him very arrogant.
(c) That she is madly in love with him too.
(d) That she is attracted to him.
6. Whom does Becky Sharp marry?
(a) Rawdon Crawley.
(b) Sir Pitt.
(c) Bute Crawley.
(d) George Osborne.
7. What is true about Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's role as parents as seen in chapter 36?
(a) Only Becky Sharp cares for the child.
(b) Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley both care for the child.
(c) Becky Sharp does not care but Rawdon Crawley is a devoted father.
(d) Rawdon Crawley does not want the child.
8. Whom does Becky Sharp write a letter to?
(a) Amelia Sedley.
(b) Joseph Sedley.
(c) George Osborne.
(d) John Sedley.
9. Where is George Osborne actually going when he lies to Amelia Sedley and tells her that he is going on business?
(a) To go hunting.
(b) To the theater.
(c) To play a game.
(d) To meet some women.
10. Who is Corporal Clink?
(a) Joseph Sedley's old war friend.
(b) George Osborne's old war friend.
(c) William Dobbin's old war friend.
(d) Rawdon Crawley's old war friend.
11. The novel is set in what time period?
12. Who is the old man with Corporal Clink at the park?
(a) John Sedley.
(b) Sir Pitt Crawley.
(c) Mr. Osborne
(d) William Dobbin's father.
13. Which character in chapter 31 appears quite tragic because of his efforts in trying to fit in with the military crowd?
(a) George Osborne.
(b) William Dobbin.
(c) Joseph Sedley.
(d) Rawdon Crawley.
14. When the characters head to Belgium by sea, which of them gets seasick?
(a) Joseph Sedley.
(b) George Osborne.
(c) Amelia Sedley.
(d) William Dobbin.
15. Who is Miss Swartz?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A writer.
(c) A singer.
(d) A heiress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Amelia Sedley love?
2. Who is the little boy with Corporal Clink at the park?
3. What is George Osborne doing when Amelia Sedley and Becky Sharp are riding around the town?
4. What happens to Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's house after they return from London?
5. Who finally earns a place of honor in Paris?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)