|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Becky Sharp write a letter to?
(a) Amelia Sedley.
(b) Joseph Sedley.
(c) George Osborne.
(d) John Sedley.
2. What does the Belgium nobility think of George Osborne?
(a) That he is very charming.
(b) That he is second class.
(c) That is a very intelligent.
(d) That he is of high birth.
3. Why is the trip to the vauxhall canceled?
(a) Because of an unexpected thunderstorm.
(b) Because Becky Sharp falls ill.
(c) Because of an unexpected arrival of a guest.
(d) Because Amelia Sedley falls ill.
4. What is the scene in Belgium when the characters reach?
(a) Festive and high spirited.
(b) Peaceful and quiet
(c) Dull and depressing.
(d) Very tense.
5. Who is the little boy with Corporal Clink at the park?
(a) Little Rawdon.
(b) Corporal Clink's son.
(d) Corporal Clink's nephew.
6. What does John Osborne do when at the study room?
(a) He sits down to so some thinking.
(b) He removes George Osborne's name from the family record
(c) He sits down and reads the Bible.
(d) He writes a note for Geroge Osborne.
7. Whom does Matilda Crawley leave her fortune for?
(a) Rawdon Crawley.
(b) Becky Sharp.
(c) William Dobbin.
(d) Pitt junior.
8. Who is Matilda's Crawley's new companion?
(a) Miss Birggs.
(b) Miss Firkin.
(c) Amelia Sedley.
(d) Becky Sharp.
9. Who invites Amelia Sedley to a military party?
(a) William Dobbin.
(b) Mrs. O'Dowd.
(c) Mr. O'Dowd.
(d) A Colonel.
10. What does William Dobbin tell George Osborne that softens his heart towards Amelia Sedley?
(a) That Amelia Sedley is dead.
(b) That Amelia Sedley is going to kill herself.
(c) That Amelia Seldley is going to marry someone else.
(d) That Amelia Sedley is dying.
11. What is Becky Sharp busy doing at the ball thrown by the Duke Of Wellington?
(a) Seducing all important men.
(b) Dancing with George Osborne.
(c) Talking to Rawdon Crawley.
(d) Chatting with William Dobbin.
12. Who is Miss Firkin?
(a) Matilda Crawley's friend.
(b) Matilda Crawley's housekeeper.
(c) Matilda Crawley's seamstress.
(d) Matilda Crawley's servant.
13. What happens to Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's house after they return from London?
(a) It burns down.
(b) It is sold.
(c) It is guarded by the sheriff's men.
(d) It is being auctioned off.
14. What are Beck Sharp's thoughts on the Crawley home?
(a) That it's glum and old fashioned.
(b) That it's bright and lovely.
(c) That it's very modern.
(d) That it's very, very small.
15. Who is Bute Crawley?
(a) Sir Pitt's nephew.
(b) Sir Pitt's uncle.
(c) Sir Pitt's cousin.
(d) SIr Pitt's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the readers come to know of Mrs. Bute's character in chapter 19?
2. Who is Mr. Bullock?
3. Who is Miss Briggs?
4. Why does William Dobbin get angry at John Osborne when Osborne is making a speech to William Dobbin?
5. What is true in the relationship between Sir Pitt and his brother?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)