|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Bullock take the Osborne sisters to?
(a) A dance show.
(b) A singing show.
(c) A game show.
(d) A flower show.
2. Whom does Amelia Sedley celebrate her marriage with?
(a) Her cousins.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
3. Whom does the item, that is being bid on, initially belong to?
(a) William Dobbin.
(b) Matila Crawley.
(c) Amelia Sedley.
(d) Sir Pitt.
4. What is true about Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's role as parents as seen in chapter 36?
(a) Rawdon Crawley does not want the child.
(b) Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley both care for the child.
(c) Only Becky Sharp cares for the child.
(d) Becky Sharp does not care but Rawdon Crawley is a devoted father.
5. What do Amelia Sedley and George Osborne do in Brighton?
(a) They have come their to buy a home.
(b) They have come there to meet someone.
(c) They have come there to pick up someone.
(d) They have come there for their honeymoon.
6. What are Beck Sharp's thoughts on the Crawley home?
(a) That it's very, very small.
(b) That it's bright and lovely.
(c) That it's very modern.
(d) That it's glum and old fashioned.
7. What does the narrator reveal about Amelia Sedley's feelings towards William Dobbin in the beginning of chapter 25?
(a) That she finds him very arrogant.
(b) That she does not like him much.
(c) That she is madly in love with him too.
(d) That she is attracted to him.
8. When Rawdon Crawley is leaving for the war, what is Becky Sharp busy thinking about?
(a) Aboout William Dobbin.
(b) About George Osborne.
(c) Her financial position, in case her husband dies.
(d) Her parties and balls.
9. Who is Bute Crawley?
(a) Sir Pitt's nephew.
(b) Sir Pitt's cousin.
(c) Sir Pitt's uncle.
(d) SIr Pitt's brother.
10. What is Becky Sharp busy doing at the ball thrown by the Duke Of Wellington?
(a) Seducing all important men.
(b) Chatting with William Dobbin.
(c) Dancing with George Osborne.
(d) Talking to Rawdon Crawley.
11. What is William Dobbin called?
12. Whom does Matilda Crawley leave her fortune for?
(a) Becky Sharp.
(b) Rawdon Crawley.
(c) Pitt junior.
(d) William Dobbin.
13. What does Mrs. Sedley realize about William Dobbin in chapter 18?
(a) That he hates Becky Sharp.
(b) That he loves Amelia Sedley.
(c) That he hates Amelia Sedley.
(d) That he loves Becky Sharp.
14. What do the readers come to know of Mrs. Bute's character in chapter 19?
(a) That she is cunning and manipulative.
(b) That she is selfless in her devotion to Matilda Crawley.
(c) That she wants to nurse Matilda Crawley back to health.
(d) That she is very kind and genuine.
15. Who is the old man with Corporal Clink at the park?
(a) Sir Pitt Crawley.
(b) John Sedley.
(c) Mr. Osborne
(d) William Dobbin's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true of Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp's relationship with each other?
2. Which character in chapter 31 appears quite tragic because of his efforts in trying to fit in with the military crowd?
3. Who is Mr. Raggles?
4. What item does Becky Sharp sell to get money?
5. What happens to Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's house after they return from London?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)