|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Becky Sharp's background?
(a) Her parents are singers.
(b) Her parents are very rich.
(c) Her father is bankrupt and mother is a dancer.
(d) Her parents are teachers.
2. Which character is a political activist and a philosopher?
(a) Pitt Crawley, junior.
(b) Sir Pitt Crawley.
(c) Lady Crawley.
(d) Rawdon Crawley.
3. What does Mrs. Sedley realize about William Dobbin in chapter 18?
(a) That he loves Becky Sharp.
(b) That he hates Becky Sharp.
(c) That he loves Amelia Sedley.
(d) That he hates Amelia Sedley.
4. Who meet in the park where Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley are riding?
(a) The Osbornes and William Dobbin.
(b) The Osbornes and Amelia Sedley.
(c) The Osbornes and the Crawleys.
(d) The Crawleys and William Dobbin.
5. Who is the little boy with Corporal Clink at the park?
(b) Little Rawdon.
(c) Corporal Clink's nephew.
(d) Corporal Clink's son.
6. What is George Osborne doing when Amelia Sedley and Becky Sharp are riding around the town?
(a) He is oogling other women.
(b) He is dancing with other women.
(c) He is chatting with other women.
(d) He is going on rides with other women.
7. Who is Mr. Bullock?
(a) Sir Pitt Crawley's associate.
(b) John Osborne's associate.
(c) William Dobbin's associate.
(d) Mr. Sedley's associate.
8. Which character is quite smitten by William Dobbin's charms?
(a) One of George Osborne's aunts.
(b) One of George Osborne's girlfriends.
(c) One of George Osborne's sisters.
(d) One of George Osborne's cousins.
9. What is true about Sir Crawley's character as seen in chapter seven?
(a) He is frugal and never tips anyone.
(b) He is very generous with his money.
(c) He is not at all respected by anyone.
(d) He has a very bad reputation.
10. Where is George Osborne actually going when he lies to Amelia Sedley and tells her that he is going on business?
(a) To meet some women.
(b) To the theater.
(c) To play a game.
(d) To go hunting.
11. Whom does Becky Sharp write a letter to?
(a) John Sedley.
(b) Amelia Sedley.
(c) George Osborne.
(d) Joseph Sedley.
12. Who is Mr. Raggles?
(a) Matilda Crawley's former butler.
(b) Matilda Crawley's escort.
(c) Matilda Crawley's cook.
(d) Matilda Crawley's gardener.
13. What is true about the Osborne sisters as seen in chapter 21?
(a) They are selfish and superficial.
(b) They are very very mature in their behaviour.
(c) They are very genuine.
(d) They are selfless.
14. Which of the characters dies in the war?
(a) Joseph Sedley.
(b) William Dobbin.
(c) Rawdon Crawley.
(d) George Osborne.
15. What is true about Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's role as parents as seen in chapter 36?
(a) Rawdon Crawley does not want the child.
(b) Only Becky Sharp cares for the child.
(c) Becky Sharp does not care but Rawdon Crawley is a devoted father.
(d) Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley both care for the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Pinkerton?
2. Who invites Amelia Sedley to a military party?
3. What is it about the O'Dowds that people make fun of?
4. Whom does Amelia Sedley love?
5. Whom does Amelia Sedley celebrate her marriage with?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)