|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true about George Osborne's personality from chapter 13?
(a) He does not like the company of women.
(b) He is very selfless.
(c) He loves all his friends.
(d) He cares only about himself.
2. What item do Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley bid on at a public auction?
(a) A piece of furniture.
(b) A piece of jewelry.
(c) A piano.
(d) A dress.
3. Whom does Becky Sharp flatter, as seen in chapter 31?
(a) Joseph Sedley.
(b) George Osborne.
(c) William Dobbin.
(d) Major O'Dowd.
4. What are Beck Sharp's thoughts on the Crawley home?
(a) That it's very, very small.
(b) That it's glum and old fashioned.
(c) That it's very modern.
(d) That it's bright and lovely.
5. What do the readers come to know of Mrs. Bute's character in chapter 19?
(a) That she is cunning and manipulative.
(b) That she is very kind and genuine.
(c) That she is selfless in her devotion to Matilda Crawley.
(d) That she wants to nurse Matilda Crawley back to health.
6. What is Becky Sharp's father's profession?
(a) A singer.
(b) An artist.
(c) A painter.
(d) A writer.
7. What does William Dobbin tell George Osborne that softens his heart towards Amelia Sedley?
(a) That Amelia Sedley is going to kill herself.
(b) That Amelia Sedley is dead.
(c) That Amelia Sedley is dying.
(d) That Amelia Seldley is going to marry someone else.
8. Whom does the item, that is being bid on, initially belong to?
(a) Amelia Sedley.
(b) Matila Crawley.
(c) Sir Pitt.
(d) William Dobbin.
9. Who is Jane?
(a) William Dobbin's sister.
(b) George Osborne's sister.
(c) Joseph Sedley's cousin.
(d) Geroge Osborne's cousin.
10. What is it about the O'Dowds that people make fun of?
(a) Their thick accents.
(b) Their behaviour.
(c) Their dressing style.
(d) Their laughing style.
11. Where is George Osborne actually going when he lies to Amelia Sedley and tells her that he is going on business?
(a) To play a game.
(b) To the theater.
(c) To go hunting.
(d) To meet some women.
12. Why is the trip to the vauxhall canceled?
(a) Because of an unexpected thunderstorm.
(b) Because Amelia Sedley falls ill.
(c) Because of an unexpected arrival of a guest.
(d) Because Becky Sharp falls ill.
13. What is true about the Osborne sisters as seen in chapter 21?
(a) They are very very mature in their behaviour.
(b) They are very genuine.
(c) They are selfless.
(d) They are selfish and superficial.
14. Who is Horrocks?
(a) A cook.
(b) A sentry.
(c) A butler.
(d) A gardener.
15. Why does William Dobbin get angry at John Osborne when Osborne is making a speech to William Dobbin?
(a) Because John Osborne insults William Dobbin.
(b) Because John Osborne slaps William Dobbin.
(c) Because John Osborne insults Amelia Sedley.
(d) Because John Osborne insults George Osborne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is true of Joseph Sedley's character?
2. Who is Miss Pinkerton?
3. Which of the Crawley's is NOT befriended by Becky Sharp?
4. What is William Dobbin called?
5. What item does Becky Sharp sell to get money?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)