|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is true of Joseph Sedley's character?
(a) He loves to be in the company of women.
(b) He is shy around women.
(c) He is a vagabond.
(d) He is a dandy
2. What does William Dobbin encourage Amelia Sedley and George Osborne to do?
(a) To get married right away.
(b) To buy a home.
(c) To elope.
(d) To invest in a piece of land.
3. What is the relationship between Amelia Sedley and Becky Sharp?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are mother and daughter.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are friends.
4. What does John Osborne do when at the study room?
(a) He writes a note for Geroge Osborne.
(b) He sits down to so some thinking.
(c) He removes George Osborne's name from the family record
(d) He sits down and reads the Bible.
5. Where does Mr. Bullock take the Osborne sisters to?
(a) A dance show.
(b) A game show.
(c) A singing show.
(d) A flower show.
6. What is true about Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's role as parents as seen in chapter 36?
(a) Becky Sharp does not care but Rawdon Crawley is a devoted father.
(b) Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley both care for the child.
(c) Rawdon Crawley does not want the child.
(d) Only Becky Sharp cares for the child.
7. Whom does the item, that is being bid on, initially belong to?
(a) Amelia Sedley.
(b) William Dobbin.
(c) Matila Crawley.
(d) Sir Pitt.
8. Who is James?
(a) Mr. Crawley's nephew.
(b) Mrs. Crawley's nephew.
(c) Mrs. and Mr. Crawlye's son.
(d) Mrs. Crawley's cousin.
9. Which of the Crawley's is NOT befriended by Becky Sharp?
(a) Sir Pitt Crawley.
(b) Rawdon Crawley.
(c) Pitt Crawley, junior.
(d) Lady Crawley.
10. Who is Georgy?
(a) Rawdon Crawley and Beck Sharp's son.
(b) Mrs. and Mr. Bute's son.
(c) Mrs. and Mr. John Sedley's son.
(d) George Osborne and Amelia Sedley's son.
11. Who is Bute Crawley?
(a) SIr Pitt's brother.
(b) Sir Pitt's cousin.
(c) Sir Pitt's uncle.
(d) Sir Pitt's nephew.
12. What item does Becky Sharp sell to get money?
(c) Rawdon Crawley's items.
13. Who is Matilda's Crawley's new companion?
(a) Miss Birggs.
(b) Miss Firkin.
(c) Amelia Sedley.
(d) Becky Sharp.
14. Whom does Matilda hate?
(a) Lady Crawley.
(b) Pitt junior.
(c) Becky Sharp.
(d) Rawdon Crawley.
15. Whom is Miss Swartz trying to get married to?
(a) Rawdon Crawley.
(b) William Dobbin.
(c) George Osborne.
(d) John Sedley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is engaged to Lady Jane Sheepshanks?
2. Who invites Amelia Sedley to a military party?
3. Which character is introduced first at the beginning of chapter five?
4. Who is Joseph Sedley?
5. What do the readers come to know of Mrs. Bute's character in chapter 19?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)