|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of Becky Sharp's attitude towards Joseph Sedley?
(a) It is very friendly.
(b) It is arrogant.
(c) It is genuine.
(d) It is a false polite front.
2. What is true in the relationship between Sir Pitt and his brother?
(a) They never see each other.
(b) They want to kill each other.
(c) They do not get along.
(d) They love each other.
3. What is Becky Sharp's father's profession?
(a) A singer.
(b) A painter.
(c) An artist.
(d) A writer.
4. The novel is set in what time period?
5. Whom does Matilda hate?
(a) Becky Sharp.
(b) Lady Crawley.
(c) Pitt junior.
(d) Rawdon Crawley.
6. Why is it that Becky Sharp does not like William Dobbin?
(a) Because he is very poor.
(b) Because he is ugly and awkward.
(c) Because he hates her husband.
(d) Because he loves Amelia Sedley.
7. Who is Amelia Sedley's escort in Belgium?
(a) Becky Sharp.
(b) William Dobbin.
(c) Major O'Dowd.
8. Who is the old man with Corporal Clink at the park?
(a) William Dobbin's father.
(b) Sir Pitt Crawley.
(c) John Sedley.
(d) Mr. Osborne
9. What is it about the O'Dowds that people make fun of?
(a) Their dressing style.
(b) Their behaviour.
(c) Their laughing style.
(d) Their thick accents.
10. What are Beck Sharp's thoughts on the Crawley home?
(a) That it's very, very small.
(b) That it's glum and old fashioned.
(c) That it's bright and lovely.
(d) That it's very modern.
11. Who is Mr. Bullock?
(a) Mr. Sedley's associate.
(b) Sir Pitt Crawley's associate.
(c) John Osborne's associate.
(d) William Dobbin's associate.
12. What is Becky Sharp's background?
(a) Her father is bankrupt and mother is a dancer.
(b) Her parents are very rich.
(c) Her parents are singers.
(d) Her parents are teachers.
13. Who does Becky Sharp seduce so that Rawdon Crawley gains status?
(a) Major O'Dowd.
(b) The Duke of Wellington.
(c) The general.
(d) A very senior officer.
14. Who is James?
(a) Mrs. Crawley's cousin.
(b) Mrs. and Mr. Crawlye's son.
(c) Mr. Crawley's nephew.
(d) Mrs. Crawley's nephew.
15. What is true of Rawdon Crawley and Becky Sharp's relationship with each other?
(a) Becky Sharp makes fun of her husband openly.
(b) Both hate each other a lot.
(c) Rawdon Crawley makes fun of his wife openly.
(d) Both love each other a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator reveal about Amelia Sedley's feelings towards William Dobbin in the beginning of chapter 25?
2. Who is Mr. Raggles?
3. What kind of a couple is Major and Mrs. O'Dowd?
4. Whom is Miss Swartz trying to get married to?
5. Which character is promoted to a rank of a major?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)