|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's house after they return from London?
(a) It is being auctioned off.
(b) It burns down.
(c) It is sold.
(d) It is guarded by the sheriff's men.
2. Why does Becky Sharp come to the Crawley residence?
(a) To be a cook.
(b) To be a maid.
(c) To be a governess.
(d) To be a teacher.
3. Who is Bute Crawley?
(a) Sir Pitt's cousin.
(b) Sir Pitt's nephew.
(c) Sir Pitt's uncle.
(d) SIr Pitt's brother.
4. The novel is set in what time period?
5. What does John Osborne do when at the study room?
(a) He removes George Osborne's name from the family record
(b) He writes a note for Geroge Osborne.
(c) He sits down and reads the Bible.
(d) He sits down to so some thinking.
6. What are Beck Sharp's thoughts on the Crawley home?
(a) That it's bright and lovely.
(b) That it's glum and old fashioned.
(c) That it's very modern.
(d) That it's very, very small.
7. Which character is quite smitten by William Dobbin's charms?
(a) One of George Osborne's cousins.
(b) One of George Osborne's sisters.
(c) One of George Osborne's aunts.
(d) One of George Osborne's girlfriends.
8. Who is Mr. Raggles?
(a) Matilda Crawley's cook.
(b) Matilda Crawley's gardener.
(c) Matilda Crawley's escort.
(d) Matilda Crawley's former butler.
9. What is it about the O'Dowds that people make fun of?
(a) Their laughing style.
(b) Their thick accents.
(c) Their dressing style.
(d) Their behaviour.
10. Who meet in the park where Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley are riding?
(a) The Crawleys and William Dobbin.
(b) The Osbornes and Amelia Sedley.
(c) The Osbornes and the Crawleys.
(d) The Osbornes and William Dobbin.
11. What happens to Amelia Sedley when she sees Becky Sharp?
(a) She smiles at her.
(b) She gives her a warm hug.
(c) She slaps her.
(d) She starts shouting at her.
12. Who is Joseph Sedley?
(a) Amelia Sedley's husband.
(b) Amelia Sedley's father.
(c) Amelia Sedley's brother.
(d) Amelia Sedley's cousin.
13. What is true about George Osborne's personality from chapter 13?
(a) He is very selfless.
(b) He cares only about himself.
(c) He does not like the company of women.
(d) He loves all his friends.
14. Where is George Osborne actually going when he lies to Amelia Sedley and tells her that he is going on business?
(a) To meet some women.
(b) To play a game.
(c) To the theater.
(d) To go hunting.
15. Who is Miss Swartz?
(a) A heiress.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A singer.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do all of Amelia Sedley's peers despise her?
2. Which of the characters dies in the war?
3. Which of the Crawley's is NOT befriended by Becky Sharp?
4. Whom does the item, that is being bid on, initially belong to?
5. Who is the old man with Corporal Clink at the park?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)