|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Becky Sharp marry?
(a) Rawdon Crawley.
(b) Sir Pitt.
(c) Bute Crawley.
(d) George Osborne.
2. What are Beck Sharp's thoughts on the Crawley home?
(a) That it's very modern.
(b) That it's glum and old fashioned.
(c) That it's bright and lovely.
(d) That it's very, very small.
3. Why does Becky Sharp come to the Crawley residence?
(a) To be a maid.
(b) To be a cook.
(c) To be a teacher.
(d) To be a governess.
4. What is Becky Sharp busy doing at the ball thrown by the Duke Of Wellington?
(a) Seducing all important men.
(b) Talking to Rawdon Crawley.
(c) Dancing with George Osborne.
(d) Chatting with William Dobbin.
5. Which of the characters dies in the war?
(a) William Dobbin.
(b) Rawdon Crawley.
(c) George Osborne.
(d) Joseph Sedley.
6. What is the vauxhall?
(a) The Royal Library.
(b) The Royal Estate.
(c) The Royal Gardens.
(d) The Royal Guesthouse.
7. What item does Becky Sharp sell to get money?
(a) Rawdon Crawley's items.
8. What is the scene in Belgium when the characters reach?
(a) Very tense.
(b) Peaceful and quiet
(c) Festive and high spirited.
(d) Dull and depressing.
9. Who is Chopper?
(a) Amelia Sedley's friend.
(b) William Dobbin's friend.
(c) George Osborne's friend.
(d) John Osborne's friend.
10. Why is it that Becky Sharp does not like William Dobbin?
(a) Because he loves Amelia Sedley.
(b) Because he is very poor.
(c) Because he is ugly and awkward.
(d) Because he hates her husband.
11. Which of the Crawley's is NOT befriended by Becky Sharp?
(a) Pitt Crawley, junior.
(b) Sir Pitt Crawley.
(c) Lady Crawley.
(d) Rawdon Crawley.
12. What is George Osborne doing when Amelia Sedley and Becky Sharp are riding around the town?
(a) He is oogling other women.
(b) He is chatting with other women.
(c) He is dancing with other women.
(d) He is going on rides with other women.
13. The novel is set in what time period?
14. Who is the little boy with Corporal Clink at the park?
(a) Corporal Clink's nephew.
(b) Corporal Clink's son.
(c) Little Rawdon.
15. Which character is introduced first at the beginning of chapter five?
(a) William Dobbin's father.
(c) George Osborne.
(d) William Dobbin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Amelia Sedley and George Osborne do in Brighton?
2. Who meet in the park where Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley are riding?
3. What is true about Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's role as parents as seen in chapter 36?
4. Who does Becky Sharp seduce so that Rawdon Crawley gains status?
5. Which character is a political activist and a philosopher?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)