|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 | Chapter 20 | Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the readers come to know of Mrs. Bute's character in chapter 19?
(a) That she is very kind and genuine.
(b) That she wants to nurse Matilda Crawley back to health.
(c) That she is selfless in her devotion to Matilda Crawley.
(d) That she is cunning and manipulative.
2. What item do Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley bid on at a public auction?
(a) A piece of furniture.
(b) A dress.
(c) A piece of jewelry.
(d) A piano.
3. What is true about Lady Crawley's character as seen in chapter nine?
(a) She is the most respected lady of the household.
(b) She is very intelligent.
(c) She has no brains and no power over her husband.
(d) She has lots of friends.
4. Which is true of Joseph Sedley's character?
(a) He loves to be in the company of women.
(b) He is a vagabond.
(c) He is shy around women.
(d) He is a dandy
5. The novel is set in what time period?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William Dobbin encourage Amelia Sedley and George Osborne to do?
2. By the end of chapter 20, what is the author portraying about all the characters in this novel?
3. Whom does Becky Sharp marry?
4. What is true about George Osborne's personality from chapter 13?
5. What is true in the relationship between Sir Pitt and his brother?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)