|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 40 | Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Matilda Crawley's house, who becomes the household matriarch?
(a) Lady Jane.
(b) Amelia Sedley.
(c) Lady Southdown.
(d) Becky Sharp.
2. What is it about the O'Dowds that people make fun of?
(a) Their behaviour.
(b) Their laughing style.
(c) Their dressing style.
(d) Their thick accents.
3. What do the readers come to know of Mrs. Bute's character in chapter 19?
(a) That she is very kind and genuine.
(b) That she is selfless in her devotion to Matilda Crawley.
(c) That she is cunning and manipulative.
(d) That she wants to nurse Matilda Crawley back to health.
4. Who is James?
(a) Mrs. Crawley's cousin.
(b) Mrs. and Mr. Crawlye's son.
(c) Mr. Crawley's nephew.
(d) Mrs. Crawley's nephew.
5. By the end of chapter 20, what is the author portraying about all the characters in this novel?
(a) That each one of them is happy .
(b) That none of them are happy and content.
(c) That everyone is selfless.
(d) That everyone is very genuine in his/her own behaviour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Becky Sharp feeling sad towards the end of chapter 41?
2. Who is Horrocks?
3. What is true about Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's role as parents as seen in chapter 36?
4. Who is Georgy?
5. What is true about the Osborne sisters as seen in chapter 21?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)