|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 40 | Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Becky Sharp kiss up to when she is at Queens Crawley?
(a) Lady Southdown.
(b) One of Matilda Crawley's servants.
(c) Pitt junior.
(d) Lady Jane.
2. What is Becky Sharp's background?
(a) Her parents are very rich.
(b) Her parents are singers.
(c) Her father is bankrupt and mother is a dancer.
(d) Her parents are teachers.
3. What do the readers come to know of Mrs. Bute's character in chapter 19?
(a) That she is very kind and genuine.
(b) That she is selfless in her devotion to Matilda Crawley.
(c) That she is cunning and manipulative.
(d) That she wants to nurse Matilda Crawley back to health.
4. At Matilda Crawley's house, who becomes the household matriarch?
(a) Becky Sharp.
(b) Lady Jane.
(c) Lady Southdown.
(d) Amelia Sedley.
5. What is true about Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley's role as parents as seen in chapter 36?
(a) Becky Sharp does not care but Rawdon Crawley is a devoted father.
(b) Rawdon Crawley does not want the child.
(c) Becky Sharp and Rawdon Crawley both care for the child.
(d) Only Becky Sharp cares for the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bute Crawley?
2. Which character is promoted to a rank of a major?
3. Who is Amelia Sedley's escort in Belgium?
4. What is true in the relationship between Sir Pitt and his brother?
5. In chapter 40, whom does Pitt junior wish to invite to live with him ?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)