1. The novel is set in what time period?
2. Who is Miss Pinkerton?
(a) The owner of a farm.
(b) The owner of an academy.
(c) The owner of an estate.
(d) The owner of a hotel.
3. What is Becky Sharp's father's profession?
(a) A painter.
(b) A writer.
(c) A singer.
(d) An artist.
4. What is the relationship between Amelia Sedley and Becky Sharp?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are mother and daughter.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are sisters.
5. Who is Joseph Sedley?
(a) Amelia Sedley's husband.
(b) Amelia Sedley's father.
(c) Amelia Sedley's brother.
(d) Amelia Sedley's cousin.
6. Which is true of Joseph Sedley's character?
(a) He is a dandy
(b) He is shy around women.
(c) He is a vagabond.
(d) He loves to be in the company of women.
7. What is the vauxhall?
(a) The Royal Gardens.
(b) The Royal Library.
(c) The Royal Guesthouse.
(d) The Royal Estate.
8. Why is the trip to the vauxhall canceled?
(a) Because of an unexpected arrival of a guest.
(b) Because of an unexpected thunderstorm.
(c) Because Becky Sharp falls ill.
(d) Because Amelia Sedley falls ill.
This section contains 4,170 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)